The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burton on the Early Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-03, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Burton on the Early Show"
Well Burton looked great on the Early Show, but it doesn't change the fact that he is an ass. A few interesting comments. He said Jon was driving the bus and he and Lil were just riding the bus. He knew he was a target, Darrah came to him right before he left with Jon for the reward and told him that Lil had approached the girls about an alliance. He felt Lil stabbed him in the back and broke their alliance when she went to the girls, therefore he had no problem casting a vote for Lil. Their alliance was over in his mind. Someone asked him if he would have trouble getting dates after all the negative comments made about the women, he said it was Jon making all the negative comments and that would have no trouble getting dates. He also said he kept his promise to Lil and never lied to her, his only promise to her was final 3. He didn't know Jon was lying about his grandmother but it didn't make any difference to him. Harry asked him who he thought had the best chance left and would they try to get rid of Lil. Burton said it could go a lot of ways. Man, this guy needs to go into politics.

Here's the CBS link, but the interview story is not posted yet.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/11/earlyshow/series/survivor/main588121.shtml

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Burton on the Early Show udg 12-12-03 1
   YES! bebekid 12-12-03 11
       RE: YES! LeftPinky 12-12-03 16
       RE: YES! I_AM_HE 12-12-03 37
   Darrah, strategy or stupid? tamarama 12-12-03 40
 RE: Burton on the Early Show Thaibeach 12-12-03 2
   RE: Burton on the Early Show mistofleas 12-12-03 4
       RE: Burton on the Early Show Thaibeach 12-12-03 6
           RE: Burton on the Early Show mistofleas 12-12-03 8
   RE: Burton on the Early Show daisy buchanan 12-12-03 12
       RE: Burton on the Early Show mistofleas 12-12-03 13
           RE: Burton on the Early Show daisy buchanan 12-12-03 15
               RE: Burton on the Early Show mistofleas 12-12-03 18
               Hey Daisy... frisky 12-12-03 32
   RE: Burton on the Early Show ginger 12-12-03 23
       Hi Ginger... Thaibeach 12-12-03 39
 RE: Burton on the Early Show djandy 12-12-03 3
   RE: Burton on the Early Show pdragonfly 12-12-03 5
       RE: Burton on the Early Show emydi 12-12-03 9
 RE: Burton on the Early Show Oscirus 12-12-03 7
   RE: Burton on the Early Show nailbone 12-12-03 10
       RE: Burton on the Early Show VerucaSalt 12-12-03 14
           RE: Burton on the Early Show bebekid 12-12-03 17
               RE: Burton on the Early Show mistofleas 12-12-03 19
                   RE: Burton on the Early Show pmspml5 12-12-03 20
                       RE: Burton on the Early Show mistofleas 12-12-03 21
                           RE: Burton on the Early Show emydi 12-12-03 22
                               You're very welcome mistofleas 12-12-03 24
                                   RE: You're very welcome VerucaSalt 12-12-03 25
                                       RE: You're very welcome geg6 12-12-03 27
                                       RE: You're very welcome udg 12-12-03 36
                                           RE: You're very welcome IreneMcGee 12-12-03 38
                                               RE: You're very welcome emydi 12-12-03 41
                                           Didn't Lil start the girl talk? tamarama 12-12-03 42
                                           RE: You're very welcome intime0 12-12-03 51
                           RE: Burton on the Early Show Blow by Blow 12-12-03 28
                               RE: Burton on the Early Show mistofleas 12-12-03 30
                                   Great Minds! volsfan 12-12-03 33
                                   RE: Burton on the Early Show Blow by Blow 12-12-03 35
   Final TC speech? Chez 12-12-03 26
       RE: Final TC speech? d4emend 12-12-03 29
           RE: Final TC speech? geg6 12-12-03 31
               RE: Final TC speech? d4emend 12-12-03 34
                   Not the same at all tamarama 12-12-03 43
                       Yeah, what Tamarama said mistofleas 12-12-03 44
                           RE: Yeah, what Tamarama said volsfan 12-12-03 45
                               RE: Yeah, what Tamarama said tamarama 12-12-03 46
                       RE: Not the same at all scante60a 12-12-03 47
                           absolutely d4emend 12-12-03 48
                               No worries. tamarama 12-12-03 49
                                   RE: No worries. d4emend 12-12-03 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-12-03, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
I haven't seen it yet, but I thought this was very interesting.

"Darrah came to him right before he left with Jon for the reward and told him that Lil had approached the girls about an alliance."

Darrah supposedly talked to him before the D/S/L alliance was cemented. Wasn't D the one who initiated it on the show? Are we seeing a bit of strategy here, with D trying to make herself look more appealing than L for an alliance?

---
UDG

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-12-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "YES!"
Great strategy on Darrah's part, though WE did not get to see that. Even more proof that MB is hiding the winning strategy.

I think D was trying to get Burton to doubt Lil's loyalty so the target would be Lil and not D if D failed to win immunity.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-12-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: YES!"
Exactly what I thought Bebe...

Darrah was trying to set Lil up for a boot OR if she couldn't get Lil booted prior to herself, she was putting a big ?? in Burton's mind for a final 2 vote....

Will he vote for Lill? At this point I don't think so!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: YES!"
that exlains Burton's nastiness in his vote and final words...but if Darrah's lie comes out in TC, if she is in the F2 (which she won't be ), it could bite her in the ass big time, not only with Burton, but with the rest of the jurors as well. I've always thought Lill matched up well against Darrah, and if it comes out, even more so.

And I'm still not sold that all of the hatred on the jury is directed toward one player. No one besides Ryan seems to particularly like Darrah either, and she will be seen much more as a coattail rider than Lill, and most of the survivors in their chats have not seemed too hostile towards either Lill or the Outcast twist in general (although it is certainly possible that they got it out of their system at TC, but if the heat was all about Lill, being an outcast, i would still expect more lingering resentment to surface in their chats and interviews). Sandra and Jon likewise will garner some heat waves from at least one juror (even if it is the other). I just don't see any of the Final 4 getting a free pass from the whole jury.

DMNW!!!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-12-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Darrah, strategy or stupid?"
I dunno, I still think Darrah spilling it to the Ass Alliance BEFORE IC was a stupid move on her part...

That's what got T booted -- a head's up gave Jon time to turn the tables.

Granted, it still worked out OK for the girls, but the Buttheads were still talking about a D boot before IC -- so her spill didn't seem to have taken her out of danger.

And I don't for a moment think she was thinking far enough ahead to be impressing a juror with her strategy....even if she was, it didn't work, see B's post-boot comments.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

Someone asked him if he would have trouble getting dates after all the negative comments made about the women

Burton dates women? Now I am shocked.

ETA: agree with UDG's thoughts. What other reason could there be to tell Burtonthepompous@ss such a thing? I will still hate it if Deada Darrah wins, but a glimmer of strategy is good to see.

...I know, take it to Bashers

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
Burton dates women? Now I am shocked.

LOL Thai!

I thought he was Jon's bitch?

--wouldn't date Burton for a million dollars

12-12-03, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
wouldn't date Burton for a million dollars

As always, Misto, you are so right.

...Burton would love to be Jon's b*tch, but Jon is just so...fickle (not to mention six inches short)

12-12-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
(not to mention six inches short)

*snicker*

--remembers JP said Jon was also trying to make sure it was "strong" enough

daisy buchanan 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail daisy%20buchanan Click to send private message to daisy%20buchanan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

I have to say that Burton is a good friend of mine from school (Kellogg) and while he may be a lot of things (arrogant jacka$$ comes to mind) he is also DEFINITELY a) straight b) very popular with women, and c) smart enough to know exactly HOW much trouble he gets into when he is hitting on women and strategically decided that it would be in his best interest not to get involved romantically with any of the women (although I do think he was having a hard time holding to that with Michele!). So people think he is gay because he is way too pretty and doesn't appear to be interested in women. I can see why you all would think that but FWIW, it's not true.

Having said all that, he screwed up last night for sure by not taking one of the women with him on the reward challenge. But that is only evidence of his tendency to be an alpha male frat boy (which he definitely is a lot) and underestimate women (which he definitely does a lot). But Burton is pretty good about recognizing his mistakes and when I talked to him today, he admitted as much.

edited to fix spelling

12-12-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
So people think he is gay because he is way too pretty and doesn't appear to be intereted in women. I can see why you all would think that but FWIW, it's not true.

Um, you realize that those comments where jokes right?

--heads off to Bashers

daisy buchanan 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail daisy%20buchanan Click to send private message to daisy%20buchanan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
absolutely. Don't worry I wasn't flaming you at all! I am sorry if it came across that way. Nobody gives Burton more $h*t about the things he does on the show than we (his other friends from school and I) do! Basically, we know he's a jaska$$ but we love him because he's our jacka$$. You know?

I think it is fascinating that he is perceived pretty accurately by the viewing world -- which goes to my theory that while MB can play with editing to an extent, he can't change who people fundamentally are. (This, of course, doesn't bode well for Darrah!) I love reading these boards and the analysis, I just thought I'd throw in on a topic I have some inside info on.

Daisy Buchanan

12-12-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

Don't worry I wasn't flaming you at all!

Oh I know. Trust me I know flames.

Basically, we know he's a jaska$$ but we love him because he's our jacka$$. You know?

Yup, I know that one too. I've got a couple of those myself.

I love reading these boards and the analysis, I just thought I'd throw in on a topic I have some inside info on.

And with that I welcome you to the boards. Tell Burton "hi" from me and "neener, neener, neener!" too.

--never has thought Burton was cute mainly because he looks too much like her old boyfriend the "mime"

edited to fix spelling

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Hey Daisy..."
Please tell Burton there's a frisky kitty here that says "Rrrroowwwrrr."

*puurrrrr*

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"

I was thinking the same thing re Burton's dating future, Thai.

12-12-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
39. "Hi Ginger..."

...I'm still not buying the women thing

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
I thought that Burton said that Burton and Jon were driving the bus, and that just Lill was riding the bus. In his mind, Burton and Jon were in charge - but I think in actuality Jon was in charge and manipulating Burton so well that he thought he was in charge too.

Yes, he seemed very slippery and intent on revising history.

djandy

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-12-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"

that was a smart move on Darrah's part because Burton will probably vote for her now instead of Lil! way to go Darrah.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
But, D still voted with them, she could have switched sides and voted off Lil with the boys. But I think Burton's vote goes to D now. Finally they started to play the Game.

Lil: Maybe, they would screw me over too

Hello Lil what game have you been playing lo these so many days

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

D is one sneaky little vixen, no wonder andrew didnt trust her Burton was a rider on this bus too, Jon was the puppet master there.

edited to fix my bad grammar sheesh

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
O, I agree with you, but mix in some punctuation, please.

New sigpic courtesy of the lovely and talented JSlice/Thanks, Woe, for the lights!
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian
and OT Studmuffin of the Year '03
o-

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
I don't doubt Darrah used her wiles, tears and feminity at times out there to save herself. Perhaps MB didn't want another us to equate her to another Jenna (who knows) because it just didn't fit with how he wanted the story to play out.

Strange though because I thought their discussion happened after the boys went to their reward (?) though editing always helps us to assume that is when the discussion started........

I think he may have kept that little gem out because we wouldn't have (perhaps) been rooting so strongly for a coup by the women. I've never been a Go Darrah person (Sandra and Rupert were more my cup of tea for fun) even I last night was gunning for all the women (gasp, even Lillian) I might not have felt the same if I saw Darrah approach Burton with that nugget.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
Veruca, it is my understanding that Darrah went to Burton before the guys left for the RC and before the 3 girls had that talk. As I mentioned above, I think Darrah was just trying to put doubt in Burton's mind about Lil's loyalty. Just something for Burton to chew on while overnight at the Reward. Good strategy.

12-12-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
That's my understanding as well. It was before the reward trip. I too think it was to put a little kernel of doubt in Burtons mind, who in turn would put it in Jon's.

--thinks Burton taking Jon on the reward was one of the more stupid moves on his part

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
I just cant get over the fact he claims that Lill wouldnt have gone this far without him and Jon. What an ass - if Lill had switched sides earlier - both him and Jon would have been goners. I still dont care for Lill - doesnt do a lot and everyone who says that Darrah doesnt deserve to win?????? How many challenges does she need to win to "deserve" the title. If not for those challenges - she'd be out. I truely think that if Darrah had not won - Sandra would have voted her out last night.

12-12-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
I truely think that if Darrah had not won - Sandra would have voted her out last night.

Uh uh, no way. It didn't matter who won immunity last night. One of the guys was going. The women were "solid" as solid can be on that one vote. There is no question in my mind that any of the women would have changed up last night. They worked too hard at trying to confuse they guys AND they knew that the best thing for all of them was to split up the boys.

After this? Who knows. Sandra has always said once it gets to the F3 it's every person for themselves.

--doesn't believe any of the women would have flipped for a second

12-12-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
>--doesn't believe any of the women
>would have flipped for a
>second

i agree Misto

I have finally, before the finals, started to post. Thanks for all of your and others insights into the game and challenges!!!

12-12-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
24. "You're very welcome"
...and welcome to SB emydi. Coming out of lurkdom feels good doesn't it?

--never lurked, not even for a day

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: You're very welcome"
I'm sorry I wrote my post a little unclear. What I had meant was that I thought the GIRLS had their discussion after the boys went on their reward. I saw how I wrote it and see why you all kindly clarified what you thought I thought

I just went hmmmmm because the girls (as we saw it) didn't start their "strategy session" until the boys left so if Darrah went to Burton BEFORE they left on reward either we didn't see when the girl's strategy REALLY started or Darrah was giving Burton good story.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: You're very welcome"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-03 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

I think Darrah was actually (shock!, shock!) thinking ahead. I seem to remember that Darrah was actually the first of the women to bring up an alliance. So this may have been some misdirection ahead of time on her part. You know, let me get the pot boiling. Then I'll talk to the rest of the girls and see how that works out. If it doesn't, no harm done since we can then work on getting rid of Lill.

By the way, VS, I'm with you on the whole liking the more interesting personalities thing. Maybe because I've been accused of having one of those "more interesting personalities."

Edited because I got so excited about my own brilliance that I forgot some words. Guess that makes me not so brilliant.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: You're very welcome"
>I just went hmmmmm because the
>girls (as we saw it)
>didn't start their "strategy session"
>until the boys left so
>if Darrah went to Burton
>BEFORE they left on reward
>either we didn't see when
>the girl's strategy REALLY started
>or Darrah was giving Burton
>good story.

Or, Burton was rewriting history to make himself look better.

---
UDG

IreneMcGee 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-03, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IreneMcGee Click to send private message to IreneMcGee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: You're very welcome"
you hit the nail on the head

>Or, Burton was rewriting history to
>make himself look better.
>
>
>---
>UDG

my signature:

12-12-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
41. "RE: You're very welcome"
Your signature is my favorite survivor moment to date. The people i was watching with thought i was a crazy woman i was clapping and cheering, I made them rewind the tape and we watched it 2 more times!!!!!

12-12-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Didn't Lil start the girl talk?"
>>Or, Burton was rewriting history to make himself look better.<<

This was my thinking too...

But wasn't it Lil that started the ball rolling with the girls -- I thought she started the conversation by telling them that the Misogynist Two were going to boot Darrah next.

intime0 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intime0 Click to send private message to intime0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: You're very welcome"
FINALLY!

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
>>Sandra has always said once it gets to the F3 it's every person for themselves.

No, Sandra has been saying this since day one. : )

Also, I think there's a very remote chance that if Burton had won IC last night, Sandra would have thrown in with him and Jon to boot Darrah (real IC threat). Very remote.

-P

12-12-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
No, Sandra has been saying this since day one. : )

Nope sorry. Sandra talked about her alliance with Rupert & Christa and she said a couple times, when we get to F3 it's ever person for themselves. Her voting throughout the game has shown it.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Great Minds!"
As I read this thresd I have been thinking of what my response would be to different posts and DAMMIT! Misto you have posted my response exactly!

1) I don't think Burton is all that perfect looking...sure he is a good looking guy with a good body butt please...he ain't all that!

2) I do believe that a man was going last night no matter who won immunity. The women finally put it all together and formed the alliance they needed.

3) Darrah made her best move to date by telling Burton that Lil was trying to form another alliance! That may be what wins the money for her!

4) Burton's dumbest move in the game was taking Jon on reward. Even more so now that we know Darrah told him BEFORE they went on reward what Lil was up to!

If we accept the spoiler final three then Jon wins the first immunity Sunday night!

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Burton on the Early Show"
Nope sorry. Sandra talked about her alliance with Rupert & Christa and she said a couple times, when we get to F3 it's ever person for themselves. Her voting throughout the game has shown it.

Well, that's true, except for all the times in confessionals when she said she'd vote for whoever she had to as long as it kept her in the game. Last week she was talking about knifing Christa before f3 if necessary. And I know she would have knifed Rupert before f3 if she had to because she knew either he or Christa would win that last immunity and pick each other for f2.

-P

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Final TC speech?"
Now we can DEFINITELY add Burton's name to the list of those who will make a Sue Hawk-ish speech at the Final Tribal COuncil.

Go BURTON!!! Make an even bigger a$$ of yourself!!! What fun !!!!!

d4emend 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-12-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail d4emend Click to send private message to d4emend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Final TC speech?"
Burton still has the car and he still did pretty good compared to Rupert and the rest of the 11 other losers! He is still so damn HOT! eat your heart out!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Final TC speech?"
Can't agree with you. On either point, actually. He only got to this point because he was allowed back into the game. And now he's the first person ever to be voted out twice. And anyone who is a student of the game knows that winning the car is practically guaranteed to get you voted out. I'd rather have a million and buy my own car than whatever the show is giving away. So, actually, he didn't do so well left to his own devices.

As far as being hot, I just don't see it. There was nothing about his personality that was attractive. He had that "I'm good-looking and you're not" attitude at the beginning that so irritated Rupert (and me). He managed to keep his grating arrogance and massive self-esteem in check for a while after coming back, but last night's show showed it bursting forth in all it's glory. Plus, he's a very sore loser. Not attributes that I find attractive, no matter how pretty the package.

12-12-03, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail d4emend Click to send private message to d4emend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Final TC speech?"
In any game, there could only be one winner. It is not his decision to go back in the game, he just took advantage of it, like what he said this morning. In anycase he still did good compared to Rupert. and Rupert being in the ASS is also a second chance, same difference isn't it. He was brought back not because Rupert is a good player, he was brought back because he is such a drama queen that makes for good TV, admit it. In any case, Burton and Rupert and the rest made it to Survivor and we did not, so no point arguing!

12-12-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
43. "Not the same at all"
>>Rupert being in the ASS is also a second chance, same difference isn't it.<<

Don't want to debate the Outcast twist here (that debate could go on forever).

HOWEVER, Rupert being invited to join ASS is nothing like B&L coming back into the game.

ASS is a completely new game - it's just that the players have been in other games before. ALL the players. (I wouldn't tell Hatch that you think it's the same thing -- he'd smack you)

B&L lost in S7, and then they got lucky with EPMB's whimsy, and got a 'by' back into the SAME GAME.

(and yes, Rupert is fantastic TV -- melodramatic or not.)

12-12-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
44. "Yeah, what Tamarama said"

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Yeah, what Tamarama said"
I second that EMOTION!

Don't get me started with Rupert! Just look at the live feed thresd! That is all I am saying!

12-12-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Yeah, what Tamarama said"
**Tammer blushes**

scante60a 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-12-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scante60a Click to send private message to scante60a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Not the same at all"
>B&L lost in S7, and then
>they got lucky with EPMB's
>whimsy, and got a 'by'
>back into the SAME GAME.

There's one point that seems to have fallen by the wayside in this whole uproar about the twist and Burton and Lill coming back, and that is that the Outcasts only got to come back because they beat both of the tribes to get the opportunity. Yes, it was MB's idea to give them the chance, but he couldn't know that they'd actually beat one or both of the tribes. Doesn't that give them some legitimacy, in that they did compete and beat the people that voted them out to get back in?

Could this, then, be an argument that could come back at TC time, and would it hold any water as far as the jury is concerned?

(Just throwing something out there that's been crossing my mind - I'm not sure that I even agree with me, so I'll go back to lurking now...)

12-12-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
48. "absolutely"
anyway, I am not pro or against anyone. I just love the game and the way to play it is outlie, backstab and be the best actor/actress you could ever be! Who ever makes it to the end deserves it whether we hate him/her or not. This is a game and like in any other game, there could only be one winner. So anyone can do whatever, as long as they are playing by the rules, doesn't mean they have to play fair, but they have to paly by the bounderies. And anyone who outlasted your favorite Rupert, should not be hated, they did not join Survivor to suck up to everyone's favorite Survivor! Yeah Rupert is good entertainment, but I would not call him great, I could only relate to winners and not losers! But I would definitely cheer for Rupert if indeed he's on ASS, I hope this time he would be more strategic and less emotional.

12-12-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
49. "No worries."
I love Rupert, but I won't deny he could have played better (there's no way he was going to win)...

And I'm kinda wishy washy about the Outcast thing in general -- like David Bloomberg sez, good tv, but kinda tarnishes the game.

So I'm not saying that B&L are Losers & suck because they're outcasts -- (they suck for other reasons)

HOWEVER....they did lose. They did.

12-12-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
50. "RE: No worries."
YUP, they are all losers! The sole survivor is yet to be named, on Sunday!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •