The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PISSED!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bex80 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-22-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bex80 Click to send private message to Bex80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PISSED!"
I hate that TVOne is showing Season 1 from the very beginning. Though Christine seems so much nicer than when she came back to help Josie and Lynnell...

I would watch Season 2 on the WB, but I've already seen all of those.

I was looking forward to TVOne maybe starting Season 2 so that I could see the first few episodes that I HAVEN'T seen yet. Grrrr.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PISSED! maggiebob 07-22-05 1
 RE: PISSED! sh33na 07-22-05 2
   RE: PISSED! Bex80 07-22-05 3
       RE: PISSED! sh33na 07-22-05 4
 RE: PISSED! sammyboy22 07-23-05 5
   RE: PISSED! laki715 07-23-05 6
       RE: PISSED! AshLanie 07-24-05 7
           RE: PISSED! StylinGirl 08-01-05 9
       RE: PISSED! Trufantacy 07-28-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

maggiebob 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-22-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maggiebob Click to send private message to maggiebob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PISSED!"
>I hate that TVOne is showing
>Season 1 from the very
>beginning. Though Christine seems so
>much nicer than when she
>came back to help Josie
>and Lynnell...

I was actually looking forward to seeing the early episodes of season one, since I missed them when TVOne first started showing them. I'm wondering, though, if these are the exact same episodes that were originally aired? I don't remember any of these episodes so far, and it seems like they have more "behind the scenes" stuff than they originally did. Am I crazy, or are these episodes a bit different?

sh33na 451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-22-05, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sh33na Click to send private message to sh33na Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PISSED!"
I just wish Dishnet carried TVOne! I would love to see the first season, but I'm not going back to cable tv to see it.

Bex80 13 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bex80 Click to send private message to Bex80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PISSED!"
maggiebob-From what I remember (and I had a 4 month old baby at the time-LOL!) from watching Season 1 when it originally aired, the episodes seem the same. But, since they are being dissected at the end by the former original cast, there may indeed be new material added in, or edited.

Good question.

Sh33na-We have DirecTV. I wonder why DishNetwork doesn't carry TVOne?! If I had any sort of tech-y sense, I would so tape them for you.

sh33na 451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-22-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sh33na Click to send private message to sh33na Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PISSED!"
I don't know why Dishnet doesn't have it.

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PISSED!"
Why. You didn't miss much. I thought all the drama and fights were much better in season 1. I used to stay up and watch the show when I first discovered it until 4 in the morning. i was so addicted to season one. Then season two came along and I wasn't impressed. I hate how they left the windy city for LA, i liked Chicago much better. I thought the characters were much better in season one than season two (with the exception of deborah, ha ha). I could watch season one over and over again... jmho

laki715 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-23-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail laki715 Click to send private message to laki715 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PISSED!"
I am happy that TV One has shown season 1 of S O because I never got the chance to see the original airing. You can go on to www.tvoneonline.com they have a page where you can write the satellite provider to broadcast TV One. The more people sign up the better the chances on the network being cast.

I love the show being in Chicago too I don't really care to watch season two. I miss Rana and the show was really real.

What happened to Erika from season 1? I know she graduated and got engaged but she is not listed on the startingovertv.com site along with the others.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-24-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PISSED!"
I just completed watching season one for the second time and I agree with whoever said they could watch it over and over.

As for Erika and her non existant update: The houseguests are given an update form to fill out once they leave the show. If they don't fill it out, no update is given.

In another thread someone mentioned scripting etc. All reality shows are scripted in one way or another. Some of the contestants from Survivor were stating that some scenes were done over and over to have them more dramatic.

As for the one on one room where the houseguests/contestants state their personal opinions etc, there is actually a member of the production team asking them questions-sometimes to stir the pot.

What other reason could there be for having to past soap opera writers on its staff other than for scripting etc?

If one can think back to season two. Setting: Joise on a one one with Rhonda. Josie is sitting on a throne. Rhonda is sitting to Josie's left shoulder. Each time Josie is asked a question and instead of facing Rhonda she turns to her right as if she is reading from cue cards.

Another reason why, to a point I feel the show is scripted: How do these ladies know that the person at the door is for them? The right person always seems to know it is for them...if you think back to the second Cassie when you can hear someone in the backround say to her: Anwser the door it is for you. And voila, it was...chuckling.

Season one was running smoothly, granted there was some drama but after the female producer (sorry forgot her name) died halfway through the season, the drama seem to slowly get worse to what we watch now.

The thing is most people want the drama.....look at how people discussed the so called break in (which to this day I still feel was staged)....why do I feel that way? Because if it had been a bonefide breakin the LC's would ahve been notified by security the night it happened not be told by the ladies at group. Also, because Rhonda, at on of the appearances said to keep watching because the breakin would be solved before the end of the season and it never was.

Another *staged* scene i feel was the fire. Again, the LC's are not notified by anyone til the next day.

One would think, in both instances, the LC's would be told ahead of time so they would be prepared to help the Ladies cope. But in both instances, at group, it was discussed, for our benefits, all of about five minutes. If both were bonefide security risks, it would seem both would ahve been discussed in much more details....poor soap opera writing-maybe that is why the two writers on staff are not writing for a soap opera anymore. chuckling.

StylinGirl 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StylinGirl Click to send private message to StylinGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PISSED!"
Instead of "scripted" try "produced". ;) (I'm a producer- not of SO, but familiar with how TV works)

The Producer may have production notes that go along with the HGs morning sessions ( I DO NOT KNOW THIS FOR SURE- just surmising after a year of watching) such as "Sommer answers door at 10am"

I seriously doubt that the HGs have ever been told what to say, but I do think that they may write their thoughts for the "confessional" down and then they may be able to read them to the camera. (often these drop-ins seem highly scripted, but the words sure sound like the HGs!)

The "scripting" on the show may be more about developing exercises for the HGs or planning the timeline that things will progress.
(Susan's reunion with her father, Kim's sister reunification, Rachel's learning of her additional family) I'm certain that the BTS (behind the scenes) action is known to the crew far in advance. (Hey kids! Lets go to Las Vegas!)

Just my thoughts...

Trufantacy 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-28-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Trufantacy Click to send private message to Trufantacy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PISSED!"
I havent seen much for season 2 yet. I'm waiting for it to come on TVOne too. But I'm enjoying Season 1. I came in the middle. Yes what happen to Erika I dont see her on the web site either. Who else are we missing?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •