The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-03, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 9"
I notice CBS is publicizing the application form for Survivor 9, which is apparently scheduled for interviews in March and April 2004 with filming between May and August 2004. In the process of idly perusing the application (my excuse for not applying is that I'm not the requisite US Citizin ::grin: I noticed that the Survivor production office where audition tapes are to be sent is but a few blocks from where I work.

Does anything spoil-worthy go on there such that it'd be worth a local person swinging by on key dates to see what is going on, or is it just an administrative centre?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 9 JohnMc 11-28-03 1
   RE: Survivor 9 Loquatrix 11-28-03 2
 RE: Survivor 9 miracle1969mets 11-28-03 3
 So who around here is/has been an a... Loquatrix 11-28-03 4
   RE: So who around here is/has been ... Jpod5 11-28-03 5
       RE: So who around here is/has been ... Loquatrix 11-28-03 6
           RE: So who around here is/has been ... Jpod5 11-28-03 7
               RE: So who around here is/has been ... volsfan 11-28-03 8
               RE: So who around here is/has been ... Spanky68 12-02-03 16
       RE: So who around here is/has been ... Ocymvio 12-04-03 24
   RE: So who around here is/has been ... chillinmcmillan 11-29-03 9
       RE: So who around here is/has been ... abbahammer 11-30-03 10
           RE: So who around here is/has been ... Magic Fingers 11-30-03 11
   RE: So who around here is/has been ... Ra_8secs 12-01-03 12
 RE: Survivor 9 Godd3ss 12-01-03 13
   RE: Survivor 9 Magic Fingers 12-02-03 14
   RE: Survivor 9 kelli_blue 12-02-03 15
   RE: Survivor 9 Spanky68 12-02-03 17
       RE: Survivor 9 Loquatrix 12-02-03 18
       RE: Survivor 9 kelli_blue 12-02-03 19
 Video ideas Jpod5 12-02-03 20
   RE: Video ideas Magic Fingers 12-04-03 21
       RE: Video ideas Jpod5 12-04-03 22
           RE: Video ideas URang 12-04-03 23
               RE: Video ideas Magic Fingers 12-06-03 25
 My Survivor 9 Audition Ra_8secs 12-06-03 26
   RE: My Survivor 9 Audition I_AM_HE 12-06-03 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-28-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 9"
*Clara Peller imitation*

where's the link?

11-28-03, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 9"
Whoops, sorry! Here you are:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor_application/

miracle1969mets 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-28-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miracle1969mets Click to send private message to miracle1969mets Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 9"
The application deadline is January 27. My 21st birthday is February 13th. Since you have to be 21 by the application deadline and not any other step of the application proccess, I guess I have to wait for SUrvivor 10 to apply. Missed by 18 days.

11-28-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
4. "So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
That's too bad, Mets. Good luck with your application once you're of age.

Any of you guys applied in the past, or thinking of applying in future? I know I wouldn't, for 100 different reasons, even if I met the basic requirement of citizenship (and mental health, heh). I'd be really interested to hear from folks who definitely WOULD be up for it if given the chance, though.

Jpod5 147 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-03, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jpod5 Click to send private message to Jpod5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
I finally got a passport (for pending travel next year), and definitely plan to apply this time around. I wouldn't even do it for the money so much as the competition.

Heck, I'd even let them peg me as the 'token Christian'...though I wouldn't run around screaming 'hallelujah' like SOME people have.

11-28-03, 06:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
>Heck, I'd even let them peg
>me as the 'token Christian'...though
>I wouldn't run around screaming
>'hallelujah' like SOME people have.

What about "Oh my heck!" instead? ::duck::

This sounds like an interesting side of yourself to tell them about in your tape. Apparently you have a sense of humour about things that some people are very touchy about, which is a good angle.

11-28-03, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jpod5 Click to send private message to Jpod5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
Part of my motivation would be to show people that you can be a Jesus Freak without really being a freak. Of course, maybe they only want people who're going to make a scene about it...

(I even plan on saying a bad word in my application...)

JIMB

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-03, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
Enter EVIL JPOD! lol!

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
I hope you make it. I think V made all of us look sleezy with her professions before and after stabbing poor Neleh in the back.

Ocymvio 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-04-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ocymvio Click to send private message to Ocymvio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
I applied for S2, S4, S6
guess it's time to give it another try. My 1st and 3rd video's were average. My second video was very creative, but also up against one of the biggest application pools.

Anyway I can be the token Pagan. How about a skyclad ritual for ratings?
LOL

chillinmcmillan 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-29-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chillinmcmillan Click to send private message to chillinmcmillan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
>That's too bad, Mets. Good
>luck with your application once
>you're of age.
>
>
>Any of you guys applied in
>the past, or thinking of
>applying in future? I
>know I wouldn't, for 100
>different reasons, even if I
>met the basic requirement of
>citizenship (and mental health, heh).
> I'd be really interested
>to hear from folks who
>definitely WOULD be up for
>it if given the chance,
>though.

I would apply in a second if I could, I would love to go and give it a shot. Unfortunately I'm a lowly Canadian, and I can't apply. I wonder if I could apply for US citizenship and say all I want it for is so I can be on Survivor?

abbahammer 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-30-03, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail abbahammer Click to send private message to abbahammer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
Now that would be a new twist. Have an international Survivor with English contestants from all over the world. However, if an American didn't win there would be hell to pay.

Abbahammer

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-30-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
My hubby applied for Survivor 7. We send it to Seattle for the interview. It was wintertime here when we made the video. It was so much fun. It took alot of editing on my part to get the tape to a few seconds under 3 minutes. I am encouraging him to apply again for Survivor 9. He would really be good and entertaining. Our kids say he wouldn't be able to NOT be bossy! I would love to see him try!
I am a Massage Therapist and they don't go far in Survivor!!

Magic Fingers

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-01-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So who around here is/has been an applicant?"
I was kindof an applicant for S4.

I started filling out the form, but it got to long and I got bored with it. Pulled an Osten.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

Godd3ss 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-01-03, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Godd3ss Click to send private message to Godd3ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor 9"
I had the application all filled out and just needed to make the video but my husband doesnt want me to do it because he would miss me too much. hahha. I may just try and convince him to let me this time.

12-02-03, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 9"
Well, I convinced him to apply again! I think last time he didn't have a passport and he didn't have proof of applying for one. This time that is all taken care of. Yes, this is one long application!! I hope someone from this board makes it onto Survivor 9.

Magic Fingers

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 9"
I've wanted to apply ever since watching the first season, but having kids got in the way. I just printed out the application, and am now trying to think of something cool for the video.
My hubby does NOT want me to apply, but I told him the chances of me actually GOING are slim to none, not to worry.
I'd LOVE to go though...not necessarily for the money (although it would be nice!) but just to see if I could do it.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor 9"
I am competitive enough to want to do it, but realistic enough to know I wouldn't win. I teach college freshmen and sophomores all day. So I am used to having to explain things slowly and carefully. It causes real problems when I lapse into that mode are responsible people, and I am sure I would be one of the first voted off if I did get through the interview process.

I would miss my family too much to be away from them for 40-60 days. My son is at the stage where he cries when I go off to work right now, knowing I'll be back in a few hours. If I was gone for a month and a half, one of us would go crazy

12-02-03, 08:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor 9"
Yeah, disappearing for the best part of two months when you have young kids would strike me as a bit of an odd thing to do. Still, there are a lot of people who don't feel any onus upon them to sacrifice their personal freedoms in exchange for the opportunity to raise a family, and I suppose it's this attitude that gets parents of young kids to show up on Survivor from time to time. Heh, I sound like a 90-year-old.

Even if I were an American citizen, though, I wouldn't want to be on the show for the primary reason that I would not enjoy my life becoming public property, which is what happens to people who "put themselves out there" on reality TV. I work in the music industry so I'm very familiar with people who have the gene, and I know these folks thrive on being the center of attention, but I would categorically hate feeling so known by millions of strangers.

That, and I don't like to eat bugs. ::grin::

kelli_blue 301 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelli_blue Click to send private message to kelli_blue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor 9"
>I would miss my family too
>much to be away from
>them for 40-60 days.

I wonder how I'd handle that too. My kids are 6 & 9, and we all watch Survivor together. They told me it would be so neat to watch me on tv, but I miss the kids even when they spend a weekend with their grandparents, so maybe I wouldn't be able to cut it. Who knows?

12-02-03, 08:31 PM (EST)
20. "Video ideas"
Anyone have a good idea for the video?

At first I was thinking about just a fade-in to a head shot, stay silent, get this wry smile, then confidently wink...fade-out. It's short, intruiging, and hopefully novel. Problem is, the application says you should introduce yourself on it...which, last I checked, silence doesn't do very well.

So if you ever had an idea for it (and don't plan on using it yourself), I'd be interested. So many creative people around here, there's got to be something I can 'pirate'.

12-04-03, 02:03 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Video ideas"
You could still do the fade-in...wink...fade-out. You know how on TV when there is a weather warning across the bottom of the screen? You could have all you intro stuff run across the screen. Just time it so the fade-out is at the end. If you couldn't keep a straight face for that long, you could always makes some faces timed to what would be running across the screen at that time. Just an idea.

Magic Fingers

12-04-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Video ideas"
Thanks for the reply Fingers!

Here's what I'm leaning toward:

Sit on the couch with my golden retrievers, and introduce myself with spliced in clips after each thing I say about me. So I'll say I've got a sense of humor, then splice in a clip of me doing something funny, etc. I'll finish off with something like "and I'm smooth with the ladies, right Jasmine?" (Jasmine is my female golden). With peanut-butter-laced lips I'll turn to her and just start making out...full tongue! Granted, that's kind of gross, but you've got to admit it would have the potential to get their attention, eh?

If "pro" is the opposite of "con", what's the opposite of progress?

URang 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-04-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail URang Click to send private message to URang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Video ideas"
Better yet, say "I am going to let my girl eat peanut butter off my nuts", then proceed to put peanut butter on a bunch of cashews and feed them to her!!!

URANG

12-06-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Video ideas"
Boys...Boys...Boys...

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-06-03, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "My Survivor 9 Audition"
In my audition tape, I set it up as a lecture/game-planning thing, complete with blackboard, pointer and pull down charts. I'd use Freud and Jung to describe the psychological strategems I'd use, set up a Basic Training course for standard challenges to practice on (clips of that stuff spliced in), motivational speaker stuff for attitude! Case studies of "Survivor Law", where devious machinations were used to gain advantage or sabotage other alliances. And of course, prayer and meditation in front of my backyard Shrine of the Sole Survivors, with bobble-dolls of all the past winners and candles.

-- Ra, as fast as light

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-03, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: My Survivor 9 Audition"
OMH, the bobblehead shrine is hilarious Ra!!! did you make them yourself?

(JPod, i love your idea of making out with the dog too!)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •