The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-04-04, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
Kira was the girl who told Simon must be gay because he doesn't like her and told Randy "shut your damn mouth because I know how to sing the chorus" and told the judges to "buy the single". Paula scolded her and told her that she was showing disrespect.

I thought she had some attitude but a lot of stars do and really she didn't say anyting that bad. She is talented and did make it to the next round.

What did you guys think of her ?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... HawaiiRaine 02-04-04 1
 RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... wildchickenhunter 02-04-04 2
 I thought she was rude moonbaby 02-04-04 3
   RE: I thought she was rude brvnkrz 02-04-04 4
       RE: I thought she was rude schwa 02-04-04 5
 My take PhoenixMons 02-04-04 6
 RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... TeamJoisey 02-04-04 7
   RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... ginger 02-04-04 8
       RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... schwa 02-04-04 9
       RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... StarryLuna 02-04-04 10
 RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... lovethisreality 02-04-04 11
   RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... Breezy 02-04-04 12
 RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... Mizz Eve 02-04-04 13
   RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... Ricky 02-04-04 14
 RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must b... mochacchino23 02-05-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HawaiiRaine 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-04-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HawaiiRaine Click to send private message to HawaiiRaine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
I think that she may be "lost in the shuffle" if she were to ever land a record. Yeah, lots of stars have attitudes. And I agree she has a good voice and is talented. But what makes Kira different from the stars today then? To me, nothing much.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-04-04, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
Have to agree with Paula.
Attitude will not get her there....The attitude needs to come after you have made it, not before.
She may make it into the final 32, but that will be it.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-04, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I thought she was rude"
Look at it this way-she was on a job interview. Great voice, yes, but I was shocked to see she wasn't tossed out this round for sheer nastiness.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I thought she was rude"
I agree, i think you should become a Diva before acting like one. I totally agreed with Paula for scolding her. I mean, who does she think she is. Good voice or not, if that is the impression she is going to give to people, she may not go far in this competition or after. I for one, no matter how great her voice may be, would not buy an album of hers if she won unless her attitude greatly changed.

schwa 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-04-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schwa Click to send private message to schwa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I thought she was rude"
The girl was an idiot who made a total fool out of herself. I think they moved her to the next round just to see how far she'll go with her stupidity.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-04-04, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "My take"
I think we have to remember that the judges had just emphasized how boring the contestants were and had been. Remember the banter between Simon and Kim Locke last season? Simon, if I remember corrently, found it amusing and I think he found it amusing last night as well.

I think she should have shut up with the whole "B side" vs. chorus part - or if she HAD to say something, she could have said it without the 'tude, but the comments prior to that were, IMO, in line with something Simon would have said to them and she was just working off him as I see it. Just as she said afterward, I think they were quite hard on her for trying to not be boring and trying to interact with the judges. She shouldn't have snapped at Randy, of course - but I don't think anything else was bad at all.

I was not at all surprised they kept her...not in the least. She is good, her song was, BY FAR, the best of all of the ones that were aired, and she stood out from the crowd as a result of her 'jabs'.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-04-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
LAST EDITED ON 02-04-04 AT 03:44 PM (EST)

They put her through despite her comments for two reasons.

1. She can sing.
2. If they cut her, they would have unleashed another controversy.

She will not win the competition, however. The judges dislike her, and will criticize her relentlessly. Voters will be turned off by the attitude, and she will self-destruct soon enough.

Edited because I forgot to preview...

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
Just wondering why so many angry contestants seem to think calling Simon "gay" is the worst possible insult.

schwa 16 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schwa Click to send private message to schwa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
Its not the gay comment at all. That was the mildest of her onslaught. It was her whole hostile diva attitude that was so offensive. She never smiled, she came on there like she absolutely hated everyone!! She just came off as a really miserable, unhappy, meanspirited, dark person. She obviously has a lot of anger issues. I'm sure it will make for good TV in the coming weeks. Teehee!!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-04-04, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
I agree, Ginger! For that matter, why do they even think they can insult him? I think he's beyond being insulted.

New sig pic in honor of new DAW level.

lovethisreality 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-04-04, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovethisreality Click to send private message to lovethisreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
I was just as shocked as everyone else was but she could definitely sing and is a very talented person. I think she learned her lesson. did you see pdiddy's show last year, lots of those guys had anger management issues and they were all scared straight. I think she was greatly appreciative that they gave her a second chance. If you notice, simon did have a smile when she was giving it to him; honestly think she turned him on. And when they announced that she was staying she ran and hugged Simon and said "thank you so much!!!! I am soooo sorry!" did anyone else see/hear that?

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
But I don't think Simon was the one she was supposed to be saying sorry too. Her snippety attitude to Randy was the problem.

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-04-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
I think that Kira fell into the trap of trying to cover up her fear and nervousness with false bravado. Basically, she got ghetto on Simon; Bad move.

Kira did not say "shut your damn mouth because I know how to sing the chorus." What was said:

Randy: I actually like the song that you had. I liked the chorus, the main part that I liked.

Kira: That was the B section. That wasn't even the chorus.

Randy: Well, it sounded like the chorus, man, tedededa...

Kira: The chorus was hot, but you didn't let me get there. That was the verse and the B section.

I think that Kira got a reality check from someone because after she learned that she was not cut she said, "thank you goes a long way." Clearly, what she meant to say was that "sorry" goes a long way. I think that she made an apology to the judges for her unprofessional behavior. Thanks Kira.

I like Kira. She's not a perfect person and made amends for her actions. I hope to see her go far in the competition.

Humility is good, something that little brat Kiera Bivens should learn.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-04-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
I agree with you, Kira did learn a lesson I think and everyone deserves a second chance - especially if they have talent.

The recaps on the official American Idol site is where it said Kira said "shut your damn mouth" http://www.idolonfox.com/recaps/index.htm
but I actually think your recap is what we actually heard her say on TV.

mochacchino23 20 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-04, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mochacchino23 Click to send private message to mochacchino23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kira Scott told Simon he must be gay"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-04 AT 07:35 AM (EST)

you have to remember that in her first audition, Simone told her that he didn't like her demeanor, and he told her to come back as a b###h. Well, she took that literally, and I think she did go too far. Yes, she has a great voice, and her song was awsome. The attitude she had while she was singing was enough, and she should have just left it at that. The scolding she got was well-deserved. That was just way over the top.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •