The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-24-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-03 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

align="center" style="filter:glow(color=dda807, strength=4,500)"]
color="#000000"]Episode Ten

Well, I’ve been lurking behind the scenes the last few weeks, preparing to compile this SOTS. Although I haven’t been adding much to my DAW level, I have been paying attention to how the SOTS’s have been compiled by previous spoilers. This is my first attempt, so be kind! This is a day early, as we have a Wednesday episode in lieu of Thanksgiving this week.

Also, a forewarning, I tried to make this a knee slapping ROFL SOTS, but I’m just not funny, so here is what remains on the cutting room floor, the cut and dry version by your own rose…

If anything new and amazing is developed, I will update as necessary.

What we know from last week:
All of the plotting against Rupert came to fruition last week, with Burton leading the pack. Burton and Jon aligned with Tijuana, Darrah, and got Lil as their secret swing vote. Burton and Jon mentioned in last week’s show that Christa would be the next to go. Lillian kept telling us how bad she felt about all the lies, but didn’t seem to have much trouble with the double-dealing last week. For a complete summary, visit LadyT’s summary on bashers here.

Press release
The “grandmother” of all lies is referred to, as well a “heated argument” ending with sworn enemies. A possible false accusation of food sabotage, a touching gesture of compassion at the RC, and no one being safe are all referred to. Webby started a thread of discussion for this here, and J Slice gave us her SeeBS misdirection thread. Most seem to point to Jon as the liar, but refer to the big lie discussion below for that. The heated argument points toward the food sabotage, centered around Christa and Burton, with what appears to be Jon and Sandra finally having it out like savages.

The Big Lie
Mistofleas has once again rejuvenated the discussion of the big lie. Misto, along with others, are banking on the theory that Jon lies about a family member being ill, or dying; hoping for the sympathy ala Jenna. Some, however, are agreeing with Frankz’s theory that Sandra is the liar; in pact with Jon from day one, and hiding it from EVERYONE, including JPro. The final discussion of the BL is here.

Reward Challenge
Separated this week by pdragonfly, here are a few choice vidcaps of what is believed to be the RC. The RC is believed to be some type of auction, leading us to strongly assume this is the family visit we’ve been hearing about.

Jon seems conspicuously missing here… leading most to believe he’s off with a family member…

The discussion of the RC can be found here.

Immunity Challenge
Loquatrix divided this topic for our spoiling pleasure; here are a couple caps to get the general idea…

Many folks are actively spoiling the quote “And for the first time....a survivor wins Immunity, only to have it stripped away”, feeling that Sandra finishes the puzzle incorrectly, assumes the win, and then it is discovered it is wrong and immunity is back up… The current guesses for the real winner are Christa, or Darrah; based on their love of Scrabble. (Thanks for digging those tidbits up for us, 02Dawg)

The IC thread discussion is located here.

Boot
Bebo has been kind enough to start a thread on other sites picks here. She points out that Snewser has Burton and Christa with thumbs down, while TDT has Burton and Jon in trouble. (This is as of Monday, so if you’re reading this later, you will want to check it out to see if it has changed. You can see Snewser and TDT here.) It seems that Christa may win Immunity in the puzzle challenge, thus giving the speculated women’s alliance (see discussion on the chicks taking over.) all the power. This would pose a huge threat to Burton, as well as Jon. But Burton seems more of a threat, rationally; his leadership in the Rupert mutiny may not leave him in Sandra and Christa’s heart as well. It should be interesting to see if the women can save their butts, or continue to be the marionettes in Jon and Burton’s little show.

Long Term Spoilers
Episode 12 title is “Would you be my Brutus today?” or “Snake in the Grass,” depending on which MB chooses. Snake in the Grass is easy enough to understand, and as KObrian_fan points out, “Brutus was a backstabber in the literal sense dating back to Julius Caesar days in Rome.” So we have a backstabber which may be Jon, or possibly Sandra.

The finale will be shown from LA.

Once again, I apologize for my absolute lack of wit, but alas, I have none this week. I don’t want forced humor, so I thought it best to stick to the spoiling. My apologies for the lack of laughter, but hey; what can a girl do? I will be on the update truck, passing through as needed.

Edited to reverse Bebo's sex change.

SOTS is provided by SurvivorBlows.com as a service
to our readers. The purpose of this post is to consolidate the threads in the Spoiler Forum
pertaining to this week's episode. Feel free to reply to this post if you feel that a theory
you support was not adequately represented in this message... Please use this thread for unified
discussion of all topics as we approach the next episode.

a wonderful kyngsladye original

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... lroy 11-24-03 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Sneezles 11-24-03 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... KObrien_fan 11-24-03 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... aethelstan 11-24-03 4
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... rose 11-24-03 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Breezy 11-24-03 6
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... rose 11-24-03 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... URang 11-24-03 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... TeamJoisey 11-24-03 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... FarmBoy 11-24-03 10
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... fredscott 11-24-03 12
 Thank you Rose mistofleas 11-24-03 11
   RE: Thank you Rose VerucaSalt 11-24-03 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... rose 11-24-03 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ExInterper 11-24-03 15
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... buckeyegirl 11-24-03 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Goooey_Alley 11-24-03 17
   RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... rose 11-24-03 18
       RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Goooey_Alley 11-24-03 19
           RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... rose 11-24-03 20
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... strid333 11-24-03 21
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... pdragonfly 11-25-03 22
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Ra_8secs 11-25-03 23
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... NTK 11-25-03 24
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... kary1371 11-26-03 25
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... Brownroach 11-26-03 26
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... ginger 11-26-03 27
 RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode ... LookeeLoo 11-26-03 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-24-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Awesome job Rose!!

~lroy

Sneezles 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-24-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sneezles Click to send private message to Sneezles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Rose, you did an admirable job! Keep up the good work! Thanks for the SOTS!

Sneezy

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-24-03, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Excellent SOTS Rose, full of the facts and well put! I also want to thank you, because I am now an official spoiler, mentioned in a SOTS!!! Woooooohooooo!

episode 12 title is “Would you be my Brutus today?” or “Snake in the Grass,” depending on which MB chooses. Snake in the Grass is easy enough to understand, and as KObrian_fan points out, “Brutus was a backstabber in the literal sense dating back to Julius Caesar days in Rome.” So we have a backstabber which may be Jon, or possibly Sandra.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-24-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Well done, Rose and good to see you again!

Another quality creation by JSlice
Would an SOTS by any other spoiler still smell as sweet?

11-24-03, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"

Well done, Rose and good to see you again!

Thanks aethelstan, good to know I was missed!!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Great job, although I am in the camp that Sandra wins immunity after someone else's answer is found wrong. (Course I'm normally wrong.)

OMH Bebo is a He? Hope his husband knows about that.

11-24-03, 02:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
OMH Bebo is a He? Hope his husband knows about that.

oops.. sorry bebo, will edit...

URang 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-24-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail URang Click to send private message to URang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
so i said to the woman with the flower in her hair...."Rose?"
very nicely done
URANG

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-24-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"

Nice work, rose. A good nuts and bolts SOTS is a grand thing.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-24-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Excellent summary Rose! concise and factual. Good timing for the "short" week.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
Charter Member of the Tennessee 1000 Alliance

fredscott 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-24-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fredscott Click to send private message to fredscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
I agree with FarmBoy. Short, sweet, and to the point. Excellent job.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Thank you Rose"
You did a great job and I am appreciative!

--now can't get that damn "Everything's Coming Up Roses" song out of her head

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-24-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Thank you Rose"
It was just like connecting the dots!! Well done my dear

11-24-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Thanks for the praise guys, I was quite wary of doing this; it seemed such a huge task.. Your good words mean the world.

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-24-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Great job Rose! As I discovered last week, these are NOT easy to do. I actually feel all up to date now, since I've been spending most of my time on the OT boards as of late.

ExI doffs his hat to Rose...that is, if he had a hat to doff.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-03, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"

Excellent job Rose! Come out of lurking now that you're wonderful SOTS is done. We've missed you here and in OT.

I *heart* my J Slice Holiday Creation
Member of the MISTO FOR S.T.O.T.Y! team

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-24-03, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Great job! I kinda like your sum!

11-24-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
I kinda like your sum!

Thanks Goooey, I think... (I really don't know what you're talking about, and admitting it at the risk of sounding dumb, but hey; I sound dumb 1/2 the time any way) What do you mean by sum?

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-24-03, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-03 AT 07:53 PM (EST)

Summary. You don't sound dumb. I love it 'cause you're stating important and relevant spoilers. Hope you can make new posts. I kinda miss seein' your sig pics in other threads (reminds me of Breakfast at Tiffany's).

11-24-03, 07:51 PM (EST)
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Oh, well in that case, sincere thanks Goooey!!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-24-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Good job on the SOTS. Now if I only knew who to vote for.

Rupert is the perfect Survivor.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Great SOTS Rose. I'm just adding a post I made in the Big Lie thread to here because it wasn't mentioned and I believe it has merit.

"The Great Lie" -- One tribe member dupes his fellow castaways with one of the most shocking lies ever told on SURVIVOR, on a special original broadcast of SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS, Wednesday, Nov. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
1)A heated argument among tribe members ends with one castaway claiming another to be their sworn enemy for life.
2)Meanwhile, another castaway is accused of sabotaging the tribe’s food supply, but is it a false accusation?
3)Despite the tension of competition, a touching gesture of compassion marks the Reward Challenge.
4) Despite the gesture, no one is safe as conspiracies and overheard conversations fuel the insecurities of every castaway left on the island.

I'm going to break down the ad in the TV guide.
1) heated argument - enemy for life - Does this point to the lie? Perhaps an alliance that is going on that no one really knows about and we'll find out about tonight? This seems to involve TWO people not one, so I'm going to eliminate it for that reason.
2) false acusation this could be it. The word false implies something that isn't true and that could point to a lie.
3) gesture of compassion nothing in this section indicates even a hint of a lie, just a touching moment. Or do we find out what the lie is later?
4) conspiracies and overheard conversations Indicates that we may have some more backstabbing, but not that the Big Lie is involved in this section. It also indicates that more than one person is involved - the word conspiracy itself - and overhead conversations means that this can't be part of the Big Lie.

So based on this breakdown, I'm going with section
(2): Meanwhile, another castaway is accused of sabotaging the tribe’s food supply, but is it a false accusation?
This is the only part that has words like "accused" and "false" which could harbor a lie.

Now to add to the whole mix here's a promo voice over:
CBS TV AD - SHORT PROMO 1 - November 22, 2003
One of these castaways will commit the single worst act of deception.
Sandra: I never trusted you from day one and you can't be trusted.
It's Survivor History!
All new Survivor, on a special night, Wednesday.

WEB PROMO - November 21, 2003
Wednesday, on a special night...
... before the hour is over...
Tijuana: "It's just not a good situation."
... one of these castaways will commit the single worst act of deception.

Another one:
Sandra: I never trusted you from day one and you can't be trusted.
It's Survivor History!
Burton: You're lying and you have no reason to lie.
Jon (off camera): You're lying.
Who is it?
Christa: I just want to go home.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-25-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Excellent summary, rose,

I look forward to these things. I'd bet Christa goes, but if she gets immunity, then it's open season. May horrible Jon get's voted off.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-25-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Such a great job! I think you were working with the least humorous episode-ever.

kary1371 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-26-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kary1371 Click to send private message to kary1371 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
I am more of a lurker than a spoiler and when I don't have time to go read all the treads I go for SOTS. You did a great job Rose!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Nice job, Rose! (off from work this week and posting from an internet cafe -- now must try to catch up on the threads and make an informed vote.)

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Delightful, Rose! Not only clear, concise spoilage summary but a sex change reverse as an added bonus!

Thank you!

The mitzvah that is my signpic courtesy the genius that is our own JSlice. Such a nice girl! Now, have some more borscht.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-26-03, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: State of the Spoiling, Episode 10"
Great SOTS, Rose. I'm with you, I don't write humor well. But that is not a prerequisite to writing SOTS. Very concise.

LookeeLoo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •