The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

peppergirl54 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-07, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail peppergirl54 Click to send private message to peppergirl54 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Geez, if I had to hear her whine or say "LOOOOOSER" one more time, I'd have to have my barf bag right next to me!!

At least the other couple of 'let me go home' non-Surivors just WENT HOME already!! Make up your mind!

You don't toy with your co-conspiritor's minds like that! And it didn't work anyway, sweetie! Dreamz, even though he has a childish name (in YOUR opinion) had you nailed right into your coffin.

As soon as the going got rough, the week decided to go shopping-isn't that the way they say it goes? So, bu-bye, C-ya, adios, and don't let the teekee torch hit your butt on the way out!

Too bad you didn't voice your wishy washy opinion sooner so Anthony could still be around, and you wouldn't have to stay and be part of the JURY!! HEEHEEHEE!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... nazpink 04-06-07 1
 RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... maryellennaco 04-06-07 2
   RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... XXL Survivor 04-06-07 3
       RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... Ripley 04-07-07 4
           RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... Ripley 04-07-07 5
 yes! Yes!! YES!!! arturbars 04-07-07 6
   RE: yes! Yes!! YES!!! only4z 04-07-07 7
   RE: yes! Yes!! YES!!! mysticwolf 04-07-07 8
 RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... Max Headroom 04-09-07 9
 RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... Aruba 04-10-07 10
   RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... nazpink 04-10-07 11
       RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... michel 04-10-07 12
           RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... nazpink 04-10-07 13
           RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... Aruba 04-10-07 14
               Strategy 101 michel 04-10-07 15
                   RE: Strategy 101 Aruba 04-11-07 16
                       RE: Strategy 101 michel 04-11-07 17
                           RE: Strategy 101 Aruba 04-11-07 18
 RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... iltarion 04-12-07 19
   RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... Aruba 04-12-07 20
   RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... michel 04-12-07 21
       RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag... iltarion 04-12-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-06-07, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Well, I already commented about Lisi in the Yau-Man thread (I admit I was being too lazy to start one about her) but since you did I will leave some of those opinions here as well...lol.

Like I said in a previous post, as a Survivor fan it's never fun to see someone quit the game....it'a bit disappointing whether I care for them as a player/character or not. However, Lisi is human and could have very well gotten herself in over her head and I won't criticize her for that, in fact it was her poor attitude that really got me.

For example, it seemed to me that she made it a point to insult her fellow tribe members by calling them losers and pointing out their inability to win thus far after her whole spiel about how she experienced all that she desired and couldn't take anymore. In my opinion, that statement seemed as though Lisi were blaming her poor "experience" on the guys. It seemed almost like they were at fault for her not even wanting to be there. The reality of it all is Survivor is not designed to be easy on any level (physically, emotionally and mentally) and I think all the good times really spoiled Lisi's perception of the game. Had Lisi been on the winning tribe she would have no desire to leave the game.

Another thing that bothered me was Lisi expected so much from the guys in performance and attitude yet she herself did not display the qualities in which she expected. Lisi admitted to not taking the challenges all that seriously and it seemed that she didn't put much effort or any, into them (based on her attitude and not really her actual performance). I never once saw Lisi really show much performance skill either, other than being able to yell and somewhat direct the guys in last week's immunity challenge but it seemed like Alex took over that.

I also didn't care for Lisi's attack on Dreamz. Everything that Dreamz said was right on que. He was right when he said that Lisi was fine in the game until things weren't fun or that he was not a quitter. I have never seen a time when Dreamz seemed to just quit or have no spirit. In fact, Dreamz was shown saying that the game and experience was still fun for him despite their lack of wins.

Maybe, strategically, it would have been better for Ed and Alex to keep Lisi in the game, but it would have stunk to see someone who wants to play go over someone who can't decide whether she's coming or going.

As for Roto's lack of wins, well I think their over-confidence really affected them. They went into the first challenges thinking we are men, we are big, we are strong, we will win. Then when they didn't win it was almost like a shameful experience. I can't recall who said it, but one of them said that they couldn't believe they were losing to a bunch of girls and an old man. That is a very poor mentality to have. Then all the looks of discouragement and Rocky's and Lisi's comments added into that just really puts the mental icing on the cake. Moto always seems to be together, they never seem to make faces or roll eyes and make others more frazzled. They seem encouraging which is what I attribute to their wins. The majority of Roto was part of the original winning tribe and never felt that discouragement, if they had they probably wouldn't have done as well.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Both of you are right on target. I'm glad Lisi's gone, too. And now she gets to spend some quailty time in LOSERVILLE with good old Rocky. They should have a fantastic time together, what with all her chicken noises and Rocky and his "little girl" comments.

So long, farewell, aulf weidersein, GOOD-BYEEEEE!!!!!

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-07, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
I was practically ecstatic that Ed and Alex did the right thing and voted off that loser, Lisi. I hate quiters (see my earlier thread on Rita). At least Rita didn't blast the others on her tribe though. Lisi deserves zero respect. Dreamz made a good case for himself. I'm glad he's alive to compete another day as I know he will COMPETE.

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-07, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-07 AT 07:48 AM (EST)

It would of been nice to see all the votes to see if all (but her own of course) had voted Lisi off.she had a good plan for getting Dreamz out but too little too late.And after the last challenges and TC Dreamz has proven himself this time and Alex and Edgardo shoul really try to swayed him and get rid of Mooky,

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-07, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
It will be something to see not only Rocky but Lisi being quiet as jury at tribal council they are going to be squirming in their seats.it may be one of the first times Jeff will have to tell a juror to shut up.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-07-07, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "yes! Yes!! YES!!!"
Finally i can enjoy this season without puking up my dinner and ripping hair of my head - both Rocky and Lisi are gone in two consequtive weeks - i have not celebrated TC voting so much in a long time... And while Rocky is just dumb, obnoxious, and clueless, Lisi is all that plus some.

She is one of the nastiest (not in terms of appearnce (even though we all agree she is not a pretty sight), but morally/mentally). What a waste of organic material to make this 'human being'.... On top of all of that she is also insane - making absolutley no sense - even Jiffy did not know how to deal with her. Who in the right mind would recruit her to be on the show?

Along with Lil from PI, she is in the top two of my most disliked, disgusting, retina-scorching, vomit-inducing, blood pressure raising, mind-numbing survivors.... Thanks to all combined Gods of the world that she is off my screen!

only4z 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-07-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail only4z Click to send private message to only4z Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: yes! Yes!! YES!!!"
I thought words couldn't express to describe Lisi but WOW - you said it all! Kudos to you, arturbars!!!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-07, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: yes! Yes!! YES!!!"
What a waste of organic material...

I refer to her as a waste of ectoplasm, but to each their own.

Tribe sent springtime flowers! blogging's scary
Now, if we could just get rid of Mirna on TAR...

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-07, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
What a great fanatics post!

*ducks*

But I agree with it.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-10-07, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Whereas I'm a big fan of players I don't care for getting the boot...I'm a BIGGER fan of smart strategic play. What occured at the last TC was sheer stupidity.

Lisi's days were numbered. Even if she makes the merge who does she align with--Stacy? An alignment of two?? Big deal. Dre literally spells it out for the guys at Ravu that the merge is eminent and he WILL align with Cassandra! Cassandra is a coattail riding suck-up who you know will win favor with the Moto members unlike Stacy. When Dre flips, those Ravu guys will be victimized by the Anti-Darwin Syndrome and be picked off one by one and the guy who will be along for the ride to benefit by this is none other than Dre, "The Big Cat"...this season's Survivor with nine lives.

Who cares if Lisi is second juror, third juror or fourth juror? There's no way she can fly UTR into the F3, she has no HII, and she doesn't take challenges seriously so she'll never win individual immunity.

If I made this statement once, I've made it a thousand times...I'd LOVE to see this IQ test they give the finalists when making the final selection for the castaways in a given season.

"Let's go to the videotape"

04-10-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Yeah, I can definately see your point. I don't think it was necessarily a wonderful strategical play on the part of Alex and Ed. Those two had potential to play a good game but I think they have made quite a few blunders.

1.) They should have kept Dreamz and Cassandra close. There's a difference between being nice (which I believe Ed and Alex were) and making two people feel isolated strategy wise. I think they could have at least tried to play as though it weren't all about being connected to just Boo, Lisi and Stacey especially considering those two woman's attitudes which makes it harder to mend bridges.

2.) They should have tried to draw Dreamz in more and make him at least feel like he's a part of their gameplay that way they wouldn't need to worry about him running off once tribes were mixed up.

3.) They should have never told Mookie about the HII and pulled a Yau-Man and Earl strategy. Also, they decided to get Mookie drawn in more than Dreamz....Mookie could allign himself with Yau-Man, Earl and Michelle as well as Ed and Alex. I think Dreamz had less chance of playing both sides.

All in all I'm still glad to see Lisi gone.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-07, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Last TC was too late to start using strategy. At their first TC, they had to boot Cassandra. It would have made the short sighted Dre happy since that was 1 of his 2 targets. Mainly, it would have kept Liliana who was 100% loyal to Alex and Edgardo.

Then booting Lisi would have had no bad consequences: Dre thinks he is part of the alliance and he doesn't have Cassandra on his side anymore while Liliana is still around somewhere to join the 2 guys.

What did Alex do at that first TC: He let Lisi decide!!!
Chris had a similar situation when Sarge wanted to boot Rory. Even if Sarge was more imposing than Lisi, Chris made him understand: "We will deal with him but now is not the time." A strategy has to be applied from the start, not in a crisis.

04-10-07, 01:16 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
I almost forgot about the whole Liliana boot! Yep, I agree, that was the first mistake that Alex and Ed made....it was all downhill from there! It's too bad because Alex and Ed really aren't all that bad and they were the two from old Moto that I could stand.

04-10-07, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
I really don't think last TC was "too late" to start using strategy and I definitely would not regard it as a "crisis" situation.

If they vote off Dre, come the merge, Boo and Stacy would join Alex, Edgardo and Lisi along with Mookie as the six who would procede to Pagong the other four. Lisi and Stacy would be the obvious next boots unless they can win immunity which would be doubtful. Then the four guys secure the F4 where the Moto three cut Mookie loose and there's your F3.

Moto's first (and only) TC was a result of a hand vote when they were presented with a Lose-Lose situation for "winning" a challenge--a travesty in itself but another discussion for another thread. Anyway Alex did NOT want to stay at their camp and go to TC. He even said that in his confessional. Therefore Alex wasn't to blame...conversely he was the only voice of reason among a group of blundering idiots. And Lisi did not unilaterally decide to stay at camp and go to TC. It was a Moto majority that decided.

That being said there was NOOO way Lisi, Stacy and Boo were going to budge from voting for Liliana. The best Alex could do at that point was try to fracture the Moto tribe with a 4-3-1 TC vote to oust Cassandra. Perhaps if Alex knew at that time that Moto would go undefeated in challenges the rest of the way in retrospect it would have worked.

But I truly don't believe that even in their wildest dreams they knew they were competing against easily the most pathetic tribe in Survivor history.

04-10-07, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Strategy 101"
Strategy is making long term plans. Day 21 is pretty late to start!

The crisis was there: If they boot Dre, they had to consider the possibility, (the certainty if you had read her interviews) that Lisi was going to quit anyway. It would then be more likely that Mookie joins Earl on the other side come merge and Boo stays put.

If there was no way Alex could convince his tribe to keep Liliana and boot Cassandra then he is an even poorer leader than I thought. Liliana, an ex-marine, was strong and loyal, thinking she was in the Latino alliance. She was no threat to Lisi, only to Stacy. Cassandra had no friends. So early before the merge, Alex shouldn't have had any problem rallying the neccessary votes, had he been smart enough to try. Like you said, he had 4 without even trying. Leaders don't ask for a vote, they make decisions. Alex didn't, so he deserves to be in that mess.

04-11-07, 06:50 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Strategy 101"
Lisi MAYBE quiting LATER should not have factored in getting rid of Dre NOW. Dre is a snake and has proven a number of a occasions to be hypocritical...he says one thing then does another at TC. Watch him flip after the merge. Actually last TC was the PERFECT time to boot Dre...not too late.

Lisi probably would have talked about quitting sometime again, but not until after the merge. At that point it would have been 6-3 after the first TC after merge. So let Lisi quit...who cares! 5-3 works as well as 6-3 at that stage.

Alex tried like heck to get Lisi, Stacy and/or Boo to vote for Cassandra. To challenge someone's leadership skills because they are until to get through to three players with a combined IQ of 60 is ridiculous. Alex had THREE votes for Cassandra without trying (Himself, Edgardo, Liliana) but I wouldn't putting Dre in that category. In the end EVEN DRE voted for Liliana. Dre has been two-faced so far and I suspect much more hypocritical snake-like scenarios from him. I dunno, Dre has appeared to me as someone who cannot be trusted. And needed HIM of all players as your "swing" vote is risky to say the least.

Anyway you slice it Alex was between a rock and a hard place AT THE LILIANA BOOT TC. That was NOT the case last TC. That's where Alex and Edgardo dropped the ball that they could pay dearly for post-merge. But getting fortunate breaks has been commonplace for "The Big Cat" Dre.

04-11-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Strategy 101"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

The danger with Lisi was that she didn't want to go on at all, not wait for another TC. With Dre booted and Lisi quitting, I count 4 OldRavu and 4 OldMoto + Cassirie. I'd put Cassirie on Earl's side, so it could be 5-4 for Earl's side. Even DumBoo could want to stick with the winning side.

Liliana was a loyal soldier that Alex let go for no good reason. Maybe Aless has a 60 Survivor IQ.

This is interesting:
>"To challenge someone's
>leadership skills because
>they are (unable) to get
>through to three players
>with a combined IQ of 60
>is ridiculous"

It would be an interesting psychological debate but I think a smart man would have an easier time convincing dumb players than smart ones. Unless I misread all those posts, when Brian tricked his tribesmate, people said that Jan, Helen and Ted were dumb, not smart. Con men look for people who are, if not dumb, then at least lacking knowledge in legal, technical or financial matters. Stasis, Loser and Dumboo certainly lacked "Survivor" knowledge.

Edited to fix some "Lisi Maths"!

04-11-07, 07:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Strategy 101"
A spirited debate (as always). But to insinuate that Lisi would have quit instantaneously upon returning from TC is unrealistic. At the very least with the merge happening she would be rejuvenated to rekindle her B!tch alliance with Stacy.

I agree with you that Cassandra would be on Earl's side, but DumBoo would have flipped over to Alex, Edgardo, Lisi, Stacy adn Mookie. Boo never liked the Earl clan. Obviously this is all speculation, but this scenario makes much more sense.

To respond to your "psychological debate", perhaps "dumb" and "smart" may not be the right words. With the old Moto tribe is was more a case of ignorant vs. rational. And a smart man would have a much easier time convincing rational players than ignorant ones. All the smarts and leadership in the world couldn't break through to ignorant cabbageheads on Moto.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-12-07, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
Woah, hold up. I agree and disagree with both of you.
Aruba, Lisi was a loser who was threatening to quit at every turn. You have to get rid of her and keep Dre, regardless of your issues with the man. Even with Lisi gone, Moto has Alex, Ed, Mookie, Boo and Stacy. That means that even if Dre and Cassie both go to Earl, it is still only 5 on 5, and Alex knows they have an HII to help protect them. He doesn't know Earl and Yau-man have one as well. So, he probably thinks their 5 have the advantage even IF Dre and Cassie flip.
Secondly, remember that Lisa was aligned with Stacy and Boo before Alex and Edgardo. That became evident during the Liliana boot. Why did Boo refuse to listen to Alex and Ed? Because he was aligned with Stacy and Lisi first, and why not? They make F5, he teams with the women to vote out the men, his main competition. THAT is why Boo thought he had this thing wrapped up. So, it actually behooved Alex and Ed to get rid of Lisi. Now if the Moto members make F5, it will be Alex and Ed that have the advantage with the swing vote of Mookie.
And Michel, your criticism of Alex's leadership is as ridiculous as Aruba's criticism of Dre. Alex fought for Liliana, but when your own alliance goes 3-2 to get rid of her, you can either vote along with your alliance and preserve it, or break your alliance up right then and there. Alex and Ed were members of a majority alliance that made them safe until merge. You don't sabotage your game today to help your game tomorrow because there might not BE a tomorrow if you do! Alex and Ed were smart to stay in their dominant alliance. If they abandon ship and join with Liliana, then even with Dre's vote they have 4 votes for Cassie, while Cassie plus Boo, Stacy and Lisi makes 4 votes for Liliana. So, they were quite likely only looking at a tie even if they broke their alliance. Risking a tie and putting yourself ultimately in the minority is NOT a smart play. No, Alex and Ed did what they had to do and went along with the majority.
Or you say, Alex should have convinced his alliance, aka. Boo, Stacy and Lisi, to go along with the Cassie boot. Well, he tried. Somethings are much easier said than done. Didn't you also go on about how Jonathan should have convinced Parvati and co that Yul had the HII? And then he should have convinced the Israelis and Palestinians to lay down their weapons, and he and Alex, apparently, should then convince the Iranians to give up their quest for nuclear weapons. Lisi and Stacy wanted Liliana gone because she was flirting with Ed and Alex and they liked it. She WAS a threat to both of them. Boo was going to go along with Lisi and Stacy because that was his F3 alliance. He obviously planned on sticking with the girls and booting Alex and Ed at F5, and why wouldn't he? Good strategy for him. So, no, all 3 of them, besides being stupid, also had strategical reasons to want Liliana gone. They weren't about to let Alex convince them to keep Liliana around. That WASNT Alex's fault. How well did your boy Aras do at convincing his tribe to not boot Bob Dawg? How well did he do at convincing them to not vote for Nick? He failed at both. That didn't make him a poor leader.

04-12-07, 07:06 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"

>with Lisi gone, Moto has Alex, Ed, Mookie, Boo and
>Stacy. That means that even if Dre and Cassie both
>go to Earl, it is still only 5 on 5

I'm not so sure about that. But the beauty of this discussion is that Lisi was in fact voted out and we will definitely be able to see how this plays out.

IMO with Lisi gone Stacy and Boo will NOT join with Alex, Ed and Mookie. By keeping Dre, BOTH Dre and Cassie stick with the old Ravu tribemates. If Dre was gone only Cassandra would stay.

You're right on target about Boo which is why he would have definitely came over to the guys with Lisi around. And Stacy would have also since B!tches stick together.

I guess if your scenario plays out and it's 5-5 after the merge then I was wrong and voting out Lisi was not the tremendous blunder I stated. Conversely if Dre and Cassie join with Earl's group as we both assume AND Stacy and Boo follow leaving the three stooges to fend for themselves, then my speculation was correct and they should have booted Dre.

As stated, one of these scenarios will occur so we could sit tight on this one.

As for your response on the Alex criticsm...SLAM DUNK my friend.

As for my criticsm of Dre being "ridiculous"...that's another sit tight and let's see what happens. I'll stand by my conviction that Dre is a hypocrite and a snake. If after the merge he settles down with an alliance and proves to be trustworthy and moral, then I guess I'll be eating alot of crow this time next month.

Conversely if he emerges as the deceitful hypocritical individual I see him as...well then I WON'T be eating crow for dinner.

Should be interesting to see.

04-12-07, 11:43 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-07 AT 03:48 PM (EST)

Even a attempted slam dunk rims out sometimes!
As proof, put these two statements together:

>"Alex fought for Liliana, but when
>your own alliance goes 3-2
>to get rid of her,
>you can either vote along
>with your alliance and preserve
>it, or break your alliance
>up right then and there."

>"Lisi and Stacy
>wanted Liliana gone because she
>was flirting with Ed and
>Alex and they liked it.
>She WAS a threat to
>both of them. Boo was
>going to go along with
>Lisi and Stacy because that
>was his F3 alliance. He
>obviously planned on sticking with
>the girls and booting Alex
>and Ed at F5"

So, what you are saying is that Dumboo outwitted Alex. Dumboo!! A player who, according to Aruba, has an IQ under 60!! Doesn't that show you that Alex isn't a smart leader??? If Boo plans on booting Alex and Ed at F5, maybe Alex should've taken preventive measures, shouldn't he? If Alex couldn't convince him, then he had to draw that conclusion.

What you are missing if that for Alex and Ed, it was an alliance of 6! Liliana was their leverage against Boo's move. Alex let her go for no good reason. If Alex was smart, then after failing to convince them, he HAD to flip on those three, gone to Dre AND Cassandra to boot Lisi. Alex, then, has the 3 person leverage at F5, no matter which couple he chooses to go along with.

Brian faced a similar situation when the 3 women wanted Ted gone. Did he take a vote or did he force the issue and boot Ghandia? Danielle was smart to go behind Aras' back for her powerplay. Aless simply dropped the ball and his leverage.

BTW: The flirting was used by the editors as an excuse. Gary laughed at it in his exit interviews, saying Lisi was actually the first to start with the massages but that wasn't shown to give a reason to Liliana's boot.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-12-07, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ding-Dong, Red-headed whine bag is GONE!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-07 AT 10:36 PM (EST)

Being on the right side of Lisi and Stacy doesn't mean Boo outwitted Alex and Edgardo, it just means that is who they bonded stronger with for whatever reason. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that Boo would be better off with an F3 pact with Lisi and Stacy than the guys. They were both bitchy and temperamental while the guys were likable and much more capable of winning ICs. Now, if they had gone all the way to F5 and Alex was booted, THEN I would say Alex was outwitted, but since it never got to that, then it doesn't matter. Alex still had time to correct things, which he just did by booting Lisi and recruiting Mookie into the fold. Now he has the power in the alliance if Boo and Stacy choose to rejoin, which they should unless they want to finish 7th and 6th.
Regardless of whether the real reason was the flirting or the 6 person alliance, the bottomline is that Boo, Stacy and Lisi all had strategical reasons to boot Liliana. Therefore, they weren't going to let Alex change their mind. If Gary is still in the game, then yes, Alex should have rounded the rest of the tribe up and booted Lisi, like Dre wanted. Cassie voted Lisi anyway. Dre wanted to vote Lisi. But with Gary out of the game, it is just too risky to break up the alliance that is protecting you that early in the game. If they stick with voting out Cassie instead of Liliana, then obviously Boo-Stacy-Lisi could get Cassie to vote on their side, and you have a 4-4 tie. If Alex and Ed somehow end up on the losing side of that tie, they would be the next people to go. You just can't take that chance.
Now, best case scenario would be Cassie choosing to waste her vote again or Alex and Ed changing their focus to Lisi, but even if they did that, then they would be stuck in an alliance with 3 people they don't necessarily trust, except for Liliana, instead of the original 3 people you had made alliances with in the first place. No, I would have loved if they could have kept Liliana and booted either Cassie or Lisi, but Alex and Ed did what they had to do. There was too much game left to be played to worry about the F5. They needed to stay in the alliance they were in and look for opportunities to shift the power later on.
Finally, comparisons to Brian, other than on the domestic front, are unfair to Alex, and maybe even on that front as well. For manipulating a group, no one touches Brian anyway. And Brian had the advantage of being closer to Helen and Jan than they were to the guys. That enabled him to control the votes. Alex was obviously not as close to Lisi and Stacy as Boo was, and that isn't necessarily his fault. Maybe Boo's personality just fit better with Lisi and Stacy? Who knows? Birds of a feather...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •