The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"On Camera diaries/interviews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

seas374 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-03-07, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seas374 Click to send private message to seas374 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"On Camera diaries/interviews"
When we see the Surviors speaking to the camera alone, discussing the challange or other players etc. how is the timing arranged? Do the producers pull the surviors aside and ask them questions to put on camera or is it whenever the surviors feel like speaking alone? Also, it seems when these shots are taken the other surviors aren't around are these in secluded locations?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: On Camera diaries/interviews michel 03-03-07 1
   RE: On Camera diaries/interviews seas374 03-03-07 2
 RE: On Camera diaries/interviews KObrien_fan 03-03-07 3
   RE: On Camera diaries/interviews dreamerbeliever 03-04-07 4
       RE: On Camera diaries/interviews michel 03-04-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-07, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: On Camera diaries/interviews"
I'll tell you what I know, some posters have more direct knowledge than I do and could enlighten both of us even more:

Survivors each have their private spot to make those confessionals and it is assumed that the other survivors are forbidden to approach those areas. Until merge, you'll see that each player is usually in the same spot for each confessional. They are all asked to make those interviews during the day and usually 1 confessional gets broken up into different segments to fit the action.

Maybe an unexpected event can cause producers to request immediate confessionals or the players request it to get something off their mind but it seems that most are well planned and the survivors are asked questions to cover the day's events. If someone has no confessionals, it isn't because none was made but rather none was found worthy of making the episode. Thus the importance of editing.

seas374 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-03-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seas374 Click to send private message to seas374 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: On Camera diaries/interviews"
Thanks for the info. I never really paid attention as to the surviors being in the same spot each time. It would make sense.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-07, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: On Camera diaries/interviews"
Michel is right. Each day the survivors are pulled aside to "interview". The questions are many times leading questions such as "Do you find Wanda annoying with her singing all the time?" They will ask the same questions of each tribemate until they get the answers they are looking for. Once the season is over, they weave in the confessionals to tell the story of the tribe and of the season as a whole. They can use the confessionals to make a person look good, or look bad, it depends on the story they need to tell.

Bob Dawg was killer in his interviews but they aired very little of the mighty man. He didn't get much of a story so as not to detract from the story of Casaya which was Aras/Danielle/Shane/Courtney.

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-07, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: On Camera diaries/interviews"
To pick up where KO left off, the leading questions in confessional goes back to season one / episode one. Always giggle a little when S1 contestants talk about we “heard” the other tribe did such and such. The editors, however, have gotten far better about covering that sort of stuff up.

Never discount the fact that Ole Mark Burnett (in best Big Tom twang) wants a good story. If it’s not there, it will be created. The leading questions to help the producers control the bootee may be up for debate. Was there any validity to Stillmans claim? Did she really have enough votes to stay in the game that night before the producer whispers began? Maybe, she would have to have several other contestants come forward to support the claim however. Doubtful that will ever happen.

Someone help me out, how long are the contestants under gag order and contract bound not to talk about the true inner-workings of the show? Thought it was five years. Keep expecting a tell all book by a contestant to be coming out soon. Wouldn’t shock me if Hatch did it to get some $ after being released.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-07, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: On Camera diaries/interviews"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-07 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

Many have said 5 years after their season airs but lately I've heard it was 5 years after the series gets cancelled!

Thank you KOB_fan and DB for the additional info.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •