The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Food challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-07, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Food challenge"
I haven't seen many survivor shows, I was curious if they had a food eating challenge like they have in the Amazing Race.I know that food is a reward but it would be interesting if tribes could only pick one or two people from their tribe to do this.If the food was great do you pick yourself because you crave it or do you risk losing the challenge if someone else could eat the food faster and more of it?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Food challenge Snidget 02-21-07 1
 RE: Food challenge tribephyl 02-21-07 2
 RE: Food challenge Estee 02-21-07 3
   RE: Food challenge Ripley 02-21-07 4
       RE: Food challenge Snidget 02-21-07 5
       RE: Food challenge Estee 02-21-07 6
           RE: Food challenge - Just Say No! LisaPles 02-22-07 7
           RE: Food challenge coolbluepig 02-23-07 9
               RE: Food challenge xwraith27 02-23-07 10
 RE: Food challenge jbug 02-22-07 8
   RE: Food challenge Ripley 02-23-07 11
       RE: I've often wondered about the p... mistyrose52 02-23-07 12
           RE: I've often wondered about the p... Brownroach 02-23-07 14
 RE: Food challenge mysticwolf 02-23-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-07, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Food challenge"
Farfaru!!!!

They've only done gross food that I recall. Usually everyone has to eat and a tiebreaker usually who eats the most gross food.

Tempting food is usually only used to get you to drop out of a challenge. {Jiffy voice}Get me some chocolate and peanut butter!!!{/Jiffy voice}

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Food challenge"
In the Amazon, the survivors were "treated" to a roasted beast (of some sort) where they were required to (without the use of their hands) bite off as much meat as possible.
The tribe with the most meat, off the bone, won the challenge.

But for the most part, as Snidget mentioned, it's a matter of choking down gross food whether it be rotting fish (see: fafaru), various bugs, grubs and worms, blood-clam shakes, cow's blood, duck abortions, etc.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Food challenge"
The format for a typical food challenge at the tribal stage:

1. Jeff will bring out a randomizer (usually a wheel), which determines who has to eat what. Most of the possibilities will be horror shows, but the occasional treat can pop up. (For Pearl Islands, the wheel was used to pick ingredients for fish smoothies, but it typically gives a single dish for a result.)

2. Tribe members are randomly matched against those in the opposing group.

3. Jeff spins the wheel. Both people have to eat the indicated result. Fastest eating time wins the match, with each match worth a point. Whoever gets the most points wins.

4. Should the tribes tie on points, each tribe picks someone on the opposing group for one last heat. The winner of this matchup gives their tribe victory. (Because the show likes playoff matches, the challenge typically appears when there's an even number of players on each tribe after figuring for sit-outs.)

5. The challenge will normally be for Reward.

Notes:

This is one of the more common challenges, appearing in multiple seasons.

Personal diet is not a consideration: you can't ask for a do-over on any wheel result. If you're a vegan and you get meat, tough. If you know something will make you throw up, too bad. Eat what Jeff gives you or forfeit the point.

One gross food challenge gave us the legendary 'fafaru'. If you want to know what it is, look it up. Just describing it makes most people nauseous.

A food challenge has appeared in conjunction with the loved ones' visit at the individual stage, but the loved ones had to do the eating: multiple heats with all loved ones competing, slowest for each stage dropped out, last one standing got to see their fan club.

02-21-07, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Food challenge"
Thanks,you were kidding about the duck abortions though,right?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Food challenge"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

Mentions which survivor they ate these.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-07, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Food challenge"
Nope: that's one of the gross foods on the menu. It's called balut, and it's a partially-matured duck embryo, boiled and served inside the shell. The dish is popular in the Philippines, where it's pretty much in the snack food category, and also has some following in Vietnam. It's shown up on Fear Factor and Survivor both.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Food challenge - Just Say No! "
*groan* I hope they don't do the gross food thing again! I think it's just plain wrong and NOT entertaining.
It's just another one of Survivor's low budget challenges. They need to work harder to come up with entertaining challenges that people will want to watch. If I want to be grossed out I will (not) watch Fear Factor.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-23-07, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Food challenge"
balut is good!!!

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-23-07, 06:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Food challenge"
I agree. Balut is something that I would hardly consider "gross". It's actually part of our family's staple "gift bag" for guests. The other contents of the gift bag are much more gross than balut. For example, abnoy, the tastier cousin of balut, is a type of omelette made from duck eggs that didn't mature enough. The stuff stinks like sulfur but tastes like heaven.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-07, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Food challenge"
Now you've gone & done it! Just bringing this up on the board brought out the yucky food challenge right away!
Are you happy now?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-23-07, 12:19 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Food challenge"
Sorry about that,well at least there shouldn't be another one for a while,I thought for sure the hungry tribe would win this,but if you have no saliva it's hard to swallow.They must of not had enough time between making their fire and boiling water before their food eating challenge.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-23-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I've often wondered about the pig snout"
Say you are Jewish or Middle Eastern and it's against your religious custom to eat anything related to a pig?? Too bad, or are you given a choice or forfeiting that round and someone else stepping up in your place?

I suppose if the vegans are not allowed to forfeit, then those with religious oppositions should not be allowed either, right??

In any case, out of all those grossening items on display, I think it would be the easiest to just scarf down the fish eyes-you know, like popping jelly beans down, without bothering to taste them?? Didn't seem to be so for Michelle.....

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I've often wondered about the pig snout"
Michelle was doing okay with the eyes, it was just that Edgardo got them down *super* fast.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-07, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Food challenge"
One exception to the gross food challenge is the food auction. Survivors are given money and a chance to bid on various plates of food. Sometimes they see what they're bidding on, but usually the dish is covered and they take their chances. In that case sometimes the offerings are gross, but usually it's pretty good stuff.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •