The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Ryan Chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-14-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Ryan Chat"
Courtesy of Survivor Phoenix

transcribed by seftor
November 14, 2003

Q: I thought Jon should have gotten the boot, were you surprised to be voted off?
Ryan O: No, I think I knew I had it coming. Of course a lot of people thought Jon should go bye-bye, but he was tight with Burton and whoever else, because it was a landslide, 8-1.

Q: Your vote for Christa last night seemed personal. What happened between the two of you to provoke that?
Ryan O: Christa, on numerous occasions, would tell me that she was going to vote me off with the rest of them. There was an issue of an orange that she claims that I stole, and in reality, she ended up eating it. *laughs* But she'd do a lot of underhanded things all the time.

Q: Were you surprised to find out that Darrah and T voted against you? I thought ya'll were close?
Ryan O: I was real surprised. They were my girls, so I was really surprised that they voted for me. Understandably, T and I had a little bit of trouble, which wasn't on camera. Andrew, me, and Darrah and a sub-alliance, and I never told Tijuana about it, so she was a little bit upset. I think that kind of led to the fact that I didn't win immunity. She put two coconuts in my trough. She was a little upset with me. Darrah, on the other hand, I have no idea.

Read more...

Q: How's your cat? Did you guys have a good reunion?
Ryan O: My cat died a couple of days before I left for the Pearl Islands, so unfortunately, there was no reunion, and maybe that's why I was so kind to Pelican Pete. I'm an animal lover.

Q: Just how useless was Osten?
Ryan O: Actually, OT did a lot of work, but the camera wasn't going to show it because he complained a lot, and y'know, I still consider him a friend. He wasn't quite as much of a whiner as everybody thinks he is.

Q: Why didn't you aggressively pursue an alliance after Andrew left?
Ryan O: I actually tried to aggressively pursue an alliance earlier on. Maybe it got edited out or wasn't on camera.

Q: On the Early Show, you said that you and Jeff had a big confrontation. What was that about?
Ryan O: I think it was over one of the reward challenges. I think it was the boating one. Trish had hit me in the face with a paddle, and he said he was going to be aggressively watching everyone so we're not hurting each other. I guess I just kind of blew up and started yelling at him, because he wasn't really paying attention I guess like he should, in my opinion.

Q: What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Would you like to come to my house? I'm making homemade pumpkin pie!
Ryan O: Thanks for the offer, but I will be spending Thanksgiving with my family.

Q: What was your reaction when you found out that two people who had already been voted out were coming back?
Ryan O: When I found out that the Outcast tribe was coming back, I was a little upset, but with all the twists and turms of Survivor, I just kind of had to grin and bear it.

Q: I was wondering if it bothered you that people kept calling you Rhino instead of Ryan O?
Ryan O: Actually, my nickname was given to me by a friend years ago, and it's Ryno, R-y-n-o, so I wasn't offended.

Q: What do you think was Morgan's downfall? Why couldn't they get it together?
Ryan O: I think our downfall was the fact that none of us could fish, and not everyone could swim, so it hurt us in some of the challenges, and we ended up getting behind in them, but we ended up making a great comeback.

Q: Did you have a crush on Nicole? When she was talking, it kinda seemed like you did. And who do you think is the hottest Survivor ever?
Ryan O: No, absolutely not. I was never attracted to Nicole. She might have thought so, but that wasn't the case. I was more attracted to Darrah. And out of all of them lookswise, Jesse Comacho.

Q: Any thoughts on posing for Playgirl?
Ryan O: I think I'll have to take the 5th on that one. *laughs* But, you never know.

Q: What did you think of Lillian's behavior to the Morgans? If you had been voted off earlier and came back, would you have acted the same way?
Ryan O: Actually, the way Lillian played the game at that point was great. We all voted for her, so her flip-flopping ensured she stayed in the game. No, if I'd been voted off earlier, I wouldn't have acted that way.

Q: Now that you have been voted out, who are you rooting for?
Ryan O: I'm actually rooting for Darrah. I've got a great respect for how tough the girl is, and I also like her.

Q: What was your first thought when you saw Rupert in a skirt the first time?
Ryan O: I actually didn't think a whole lot of it. I had jeans and couldn't wait to get out of 'em. I'm not the type of person that's going to make fun and laugh at somebody, so whatever he does is his business.

Q: Most irritating voice - Christa or Tijuana?
Ryan O: Christa, for sure.

Q: Being part of the Morgan tribe must have been exasperating. How did you get through it?
Ryan O: Well, I gave 110%, and hopefully the bond I made with these people regardless of how we did is going to stay there for a long time, and it really wasn't that tough when you have people behind you like that.

Q: Was Jon a real jerk, or did he just play one on TV?
Ryan O: Jon just played one for TV, but in reality, he was an alright kid.

Q: Does Rupert intimidate the others at camp? Is that why he won immunity last night?
Ryan O: I feel that Rupert does intimidate a few people, but I think he's doing himself an injustice by doing so, because he could be perceived as a threat.

Q: If you guys wanted Rupert out, why didn't anyone put any coconuts in his trough?
Ryan O: Actually, the others should have done it. I have no idea, really, why they didn't. I'm a little confused on that one, but I'm not in their shoes, so, oh well.

Q: What was your funniest moment on the island?
Ryan O: Probably Pelican Pete coming to visit the camp, and Osten being so scared of him.

Q: What was your favorite challenge?
Ryan O: My favorite challenge was the sandbag challenge, 'cuz we finally proved to everybody that we were physically stronger than the Drake tribe.

Q: I read somewhere that you said Osten had holes in his body. Explain this please.
Ryan O: Osten had pus-filled holes in his body that needed to be cleaned out regularly. It was pretty disgusting. I'm not exactly sure what it was.

Q: Probst seems to have it in for Jon. Any funny/odd moments with these two that the viewers didn't get to see?
Ryan O: Too many to list. Jon and Jeff always were in verbal shouting matches.

Q: How much weight did you lose?
Ryan O: I lost about 17 pounds.

Q: Were there ever any sparks between you and Darrah?
Ryan O: I think from my point of view, yes, but from hers, no, but I wasn't going to cross any boundaries because she has a boyfriend of two years, and they plan on getting engaged.

Q: Who do you think is the most untrustworthy person of the remaining players?
Ryan O: Out of all of 'em, I would say Lil, and Jon's a close second.

Q: Are you single these days, or has some lucky lady snatched you up?
Ryan O: I'm actually single. I've been single for a while, and I'm always looking.

Q: Are there any former seasons that really helped you prepare? Who do you think your strategy most resembles?
Ryan O: I'd say Ethan, strategy-wise, but I didn't quite make it for the full distance like he did.

Q: We never really saw you and Sandra interact. What was your opinion of her?
Ryan O: From the moment that she took the tarp, I was a little upset with Sandra. We never really interacted at all.

Q: How have your family and friends reacted to seeing you on Survivor, especially with that nude challenge?
Ryan O: Everyone has been totally supportive of me. All my friend and family love to watch the show, but I'm sure they're a little upset that I got voted off. As far as the nude challenge, nobody even questioned it *laughs*, because they know me.

Q: Who was the stinkiest out there?
Ryan O: Rupert was by far the stinkiest, but also the hardest working.

Q: What has surprised you the most from the show episodes you have seen since leaving?
Ryan O: I think the editing of me has been really favorable, and not so kind to others. *laughs*

Q: Do you think Rupert and Jon got too much airtime, compared to the Morgans?
Ryan O: I think Andrew and I and Rupert seem to get the most airtime, actually, and Jon not as much as I thought he would.

Q: Which outcasts did you hope would come back? Were you happy with Lil and Burton?
Ryan O: I was hoping that Burton and Michelle were going to come back, and Burton come back to the Morgan tribe, and Michelle back to Drake.

Q: Is there anyone you would not like to speak with after the show ends, or will it all be water under the bridge?
Ryan O: I actually want to speak with everybody, just to get a feel for some of the people's attitudes toward me.

Q: Why weren't you expecting a merge?
Ryan O: At the time, all of us were so run down and beat up, that we didn't care what happened next, as long as something happened, but we didn't think it was going to be a merge. We thought it would be a twist.

Q: What was the biggest difference when you got to the Drake camp after the merge?
Ryan O: The biggest difference for me and for the rest of the Morgans was the abundance of fish and food.

Q: Did anyone get sick after that feast?
Ryan O: I actually threw up after the feast, because at the keelhauling challenge, I hit my head three times in a row, and might have gotten a concussion. Eating all that food just made me sick.

Q: Did the Morgans ever talk about an alliance with Rupert after he visited with you?
Ryan O: Andrew might have spoken to Rupert about an alliance, but I let Andrew do all the work, because he has better communication skills than I do. So, I'm not sure that there was talk of an alliance.

Q: Why did you try out for Survivor? Have you ever tried out for another show?
Ryan O: I actually applied for the Amazing Race, and I was an alternate for Survivor: Africa, but Survivor's the best one, so that's why I wanted to be on the show.

Q: Was everyone surprised when Rupert gave away the reward breakfast?
Ryan O: I think everyone was pretty shocked that Rupert would do that, because he liked to eat so much. He might have thought it'd help strategically though.

Q: What was your strategic plan after Andrew was voted out?
Ryan O: To try to convince Burton, Little Jon, Tijuana, and Darrah to get rid of Rupert, Christa, Sandra, and Lil, but to no avail.

Q: Who was the original person you planned to target in episode one before Nicole made herself a target?
Ryan O: Ryan Shoulders was actually on the chopping block until Nicole started running her mouth.

Q: Who would your partner have been in Amazing Race?
Ryan O: My friend Brent was supposed to be my partner on the show, but he actually flaked at the last minute.

Q: Do you guys ever have contact with Jeff Probst besides challenges and Tribal Council?
Ryan O: No, we don't have any contact with Jeff during the game except for at challenges and Tribal Council.

Q: Are you glad you got Pearl Islands, or in retrospect, do you wish you had been on Africa?
Ryan O: Actually, I'm really glad I was chosen for Survivor: Pearl Islands. It was a great cast, crew, and the island was beautiful.

Q: Why didn't you give Ryan S more of a chance?
Ryan O: What a lot of people didn't see is Ryan after challenges laying around, not pulling his weight at the challenges or at camp life. We actually did give him a second chance, being that Nicole was the first voted off and not him.

Q: Are you aware that public perception is that laziness led to the Morgan downfall? Do you agree?
Ryan O: No, absolutely not. At Morgan, we worked our butts off when necessary. The downfall came because of the twist, because before the twist, we were even five to five. So, we were only going up at that point.

Q: Did you bring back any souvenirs with you?
Ryan O: I actually came back with a bamboo cup that we used to pour water into our canteen.

Q: Will you go back to your regular job or will you persue something with your new found celebrity?
Ryan O: I would actually like to maybe get into acting, modeling, or something of that sort, but my old job is great also.

Ryan O: Keep watchin' the show. It'll only get better from here on in. Thanks for all your support

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Ryan Chat ExInterper 11-14-03 1
   RE: CBS Ryan Chat Befuzzled 11-14-03 4
   RE: CBS Ryan Chat I_AM_HE 11-14-03 5
 On the delusional meter Brownroach 11-14-03 2
   RE: On the delusional meter I_AM_HE 11-14-03 6
 RE: CBS Ryan Chat aethelstan 11-14-03 3
   RE: CBS Ryan Chat Pirate Prinny 11-14-03 7
       jon on the jury ivoryElephant 11-15-03 8
           RE: jon on the jury KeithFan 11-16-03 9
           RE: jon on the jury forestforest 11-19-03 10
               RE: jon on the jury Maebe 11-19-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Ryan Chat"
Couple of interesting things that I read:

Q: Who do you think is the most untrustworthy person of the remaining players?
Ryan O: Out of all of 'em, I would say Lil

So much for being a good scout. Seriously, though, is this just because she "turned" on a tribe that didn't want her in the first place, or because of what happens later in the show?

Ryan O: I think everyone was pretty shocked that Rupert would do that, because he liked to eat so much. He might have thought it'd help strategically though.

This makes it seem like it didn't help strategically: more support that Rupe is not long for the island?

ExI
"Let's hope Osten doesn't smoke. He might decide to quit breathing." - Jims02, Ep 7a Summary

Befuzzled 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-03, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Befuzzled Click to send private message to Befuzzled Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Ryan Chat"

Ryan O: I think everyone was pretty shocked that Rupert would
do that, because he liked to eat so much. He might have thought it'd help strategically though.

This makes it seem like it didn't help strategically: more support that Rupe is not long for the island?

I thought the same thing when I read that. It's possible I thought that due to the rumours that Rupert is gone next week though.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-03, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Ryan Chat"
Q: What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Would you like to come to my house? I'm making homemade pumpkin pie!
Ryan O: Thanks for the offer, but I will be spending Thanksgiving with my family.

O_o

Q: Now that you have been voted out, who are you rooting for?
Ryan O: I'm actually rooting for Darrah. I've got a great respect for how tough the girl is, and I also like her.

agree on you about rupert ExI, and this also sounds like a possible indication darrah doesn't win.

Q: Was Jon a real jerk, or did he just play one on TV?
Ryan O: Jon just played one for TV, but in reality, he was an alright kid.

does this also say he got time to bond with Jon?

Q: Are there any former seasons that really helped you prepare? Who do you think your strategy most resembles?
Ryan O: I'd say Ethan, strategy-wise, but I didn't quite make it for the full distance like he did.

Q: Did the Morgans ever talk about an alliance with Rupert after he visited with you?
Ryan O: Andrew might have spoken to Rupert about an alliance, but I let Andrew do all the work, because he has better communication skills than I do. So, I'm not sure that there was talk of an alliance.

Ethan had a strategy? And he's dissing Lil while he's doing the same thing by letting someone else do the work?

Q: Did anyone get sick after that feast?
Ryan O: I actually threw up after the feast, because at the keelhauling challenge, I hit my head three times in a row, and might have gotten a concussion. Eating all that food just made me sick.

hahahaha!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "On the delusional meter"
Ryan O: I think Andrew and I and Rupert seem to get the most airtime, actually, and Jon not as much as I thought he would.

Bwahahahahahaha.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: On the delusional meter"
he seems to have a very high opinion of himself, doesn't he?

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-14-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Ryan Chat"
This comment seems a little unusual:
Q: Are you aware that public perception is that laziness led to the Morgan downfall? Do you agree?
Ryan O: No, absolutely not. At Morgan, we worked our butts off when necessary. The downfall came because of the twist, because before the twist, we were even five to five. So, we were only going up at that point.

If the downfall came because of the twist, it implies that Morgan has a downfall after the twist. Granted, 2 of their members were the first two to go post merge but is he also implying that more Morgans go soon? or, indeed, that no Morgan's are F2?

This does explain the spoiler that he was a victim of the twist because he sees it that way himself. Yet, the turncoat could easily have been Burton and not Lillian which would have yielded a very different result.

Moreover, if the gang-of-5 succeed in knocking off Rupert, Christa and Sandra in the next 3 weeks, wouldn't that imply a Drake downfall rather than a Morgan downfall?

Food for thought, anyway.

Another quality creation by JSlice

Pirate Prinny 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-14-03, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pirate%20Prinny Click to send private message to Pirate%20Prinny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Ryan Chat"

No. Seriously, some of you read way too far into little wordings like this. Much more interesting is this comment:

Q: Does Rupert intimidate the others at camp? Is that why he won immunity last night?
Ryan O: I feel that Rupert does intimidate a few people, but I think he's doing himself an injustice by doing so, because he could be perceived as a threat.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't hold any water either, though. Especially if he was clueless that everyone else had it out for Rupert.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-15-03, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "jon on the jury"

He says jon is a good kid in RL, but after the game is over they can't interact with anyone. So the only time he could have interacted is on the jury

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-03, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: jon on the jury"
I didn't follow you at first, but I see your point now...Jon is probably not the "bearded man" in the finals.

forestforest 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-19-03, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forestforest Click to send private message to forestforest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: jon on the jury"
Or, what with being deficient in verbal skills, Ryan just asked Jon after the show if he was an "okay kid," Jon said "yes," and Ryan believed him. Ryan seems a trifle blank on certain topics.

Maebe 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-03, 04:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maebe Click to send private message to Maebe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: jon on the jury"
I think what he ment by that, was when the cameras were not actually on him. He hammed it up when they were and they like stuff like that, so they only edited that in.

Would be nice to see what they edited out.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •