The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My theory on "Ordering Theories""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dfox 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-23-00, 03:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dfox Click to send private message to dfox Click to check IP address of the poster
"My theory on "Ordering Theories""
I knew after last week's episode and BA's untimely vacation, that this would be a horrible "spoiler" week. Some have been reduced to trying to find theories in the ordering of photos posted on various survivor-related sites and television shows. Opening Sequence Circle Theory (circlejerk), Access Hollywood Forward Theory, Access Hollywood Reverse Theory (this really bothers me when a theory covers a fork in the road so that you can CYA), CBS Glossary Theory, Nine-Shift CBS Glossary Theory, etc., ad nauseum.

No offense to those of you who have developed, researched or backed these theories (I know that AK, Me-lissa and others have done some real work in this area and my hat's off to all of you) but, one thing really sticks in my craw when it comes to these various theories: to accept one of these as being a spoiler is to accept that MB has fallen asleep at the wheel.

With all of the hullabaloo that was created with Gervase-X, Final 4 pic and TC #9, can we really believe that MB hasn't covered his tracks when it comes to (at least) the CBS related theories? I especially have a hard time with the circlejerk theory because this is something that he has direct control over. If he or any of his production crew (I think we all agree that he's reading these boards) would have seen anything remotely close to "giving the secret away" in the CBS glossary or AH interview schedules, you can bet that he would have been on the phone with LM and had some things changed "lickety-split".

I am surprised that I haven't seen a "Clean Final 4 Ordering Theory" yet. This theory would state that there is some meaning in the way the final 4 were arranged in the recent photo called "Tagi Family" showing the final 4 after their return to the states. I have not seen any posts espousing some intended meaning in the way the final 4 was arranged (left to right - Kelly, Rudy, Rich and then Susan) or that the girls are in front and the guys in back or even the positioning of their hands on the totem that they are all holding (top to bottom - Rich, Rudy, Susan and then Kelly).

Do I think that there is some merit in this ordering theory? Hell no! I haven't seen so many ordering theories since the golden bullet theory and the Warren Comission. I just wanted to say that "I think we're barking up the wrong tree" but, honestly, if it wasn't for all of the posts on these theories, I could not have stomached this week with all the "***SPOILER*** Here's why I think X wins" posts or those poor people who are 6-8 weeks behind with "New SPOILER, Rich arrested for Child Abuse" posts.

I thank you guys for playing this game with me. It is enjoyable to match wits with people who have put forth the effort that you have. If one of these theories holds (and I have no doubt that one probably will) I hope that it is the circlejerk theory (please don't be offended by the moniker Me-Lissa ). It would be nice if one of "our own" scooped the rest of the world.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My theory on "Ordering Theories... Rudyrox 08-23-00 1
 "Ordering Theories" AyatollahKhomeini 08-23-00 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-23-00, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My theory on "Ordering Theories""
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-00 AT 04:48 AM (EST)

I agree, I think if any of them prove to be true it won't be because it was planned that way but because people have figured out a way to put all the ordering sequences into theories.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just put everyone's name into a hat and drew them at random, placing each castaway in the order they were drawn.

Mary (Creator of the "Random Theory";)

P.S. Sorry theorists for poking fun (you have ALL done a wonderful job coming up with these theories).. I have just read so many ordering theories lately my head is spinning.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-23-00, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. ""Ordering Theories""
No offense taken, dfox and Rudyrox. As I stated in my post, you have to believe that someone was trying to hint at the answer to believe in these theories. There are plenty of reasons to disbelieve that.

However, there is a perfectly good reason why the glossary could have remained around after it was identified as a potential spoiler in the fourth or fifth week. By pulling the "final nine" picture after the second week, MB convinced people that it was a legitimate clue. On the other hand, "Walking on the Beach" remained in the opening for weeks before people finally noticed (around E9) that the Tagi 5 were wearing Rattana armbands and that this picture might be a spoiler. Even then, people could not agree on what it meant. If the glossary had been pulled or changed, what do you think the consensus pick of this board (and ss.com) would be for this week?

But it's possible to take this to an extreme. I'm sorry to say that on the ss.com board, people HAVE been debating whether there is a hidden meaning in the "Clean Final 4" picture. Thank heavens that madness hasn't made its way over here.

All of these theories could be so much smoke after tonight. But it's been fun discussing them, and everything else, with all of you. Enjoy the final episode!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •