The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-22-06, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
My argument for this is two-fold:

(1) He performed as well, or better, than anyone before in individual challenges AND he gave his team substantial leads in crucial team challenges. Especially those challenges between the mutiny and the merge. Give Yul credit too, especially for figuring out the best way to sight a cannonball, and Becky and Sundra, but Ozzy was a huge advantage. And for two of these challenges Raro had twice Aitu's numbers and could rest people. For two more they had a three player advantage.
Don't think any previous competitor did as well in both team and individual challenges. Don't remember Terry's team winning to many challenges.

(2) Ozzy seemed to have an uncanny knack for figuring out the best way to approach a challenge.
- Running deeper into the water before diving and beginning swimming.
- Throwing his flag (or whatever he was carrying) ahead of him and swimming to it so as not to mess up his stroke.
- Keeping his legs out of the water to resist drag in the cable ride challenge.
- Standing in a position no one else took in an endurance challenge.
- Choosing to do the hardest part of the next to last immunity challenge first as well as using the ropes as some sort of weird trampoline where he bounced from place to place while the other competitor's were walking or running.

Some of his competitor's began to imitate him (Yul for sure) in throwing their flag ahead of them in swimming challenges.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... bostonrobfan 12-22-06 1
 Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby ktchong 12-23-06 2
   RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colb... ktchong 12-23-06 3
       RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colb... michel 12-23-06 4
           RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colb... iltarion 12-23-06 5
               RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colb... michel 12-23-06 6
   RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colb... ohmyheck 12-27-06 9
       RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colb... iltarion 12-28-06 10
   RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colb... XXL Survivor 01-04-07 12
 RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... Aruba 12-24-06 7
   RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... TheRoundPeg 12-25-06 8
       RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... XXL Survivor 01-04-07 11
 RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... ettuT 01-05-07 13
 RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... uglier than sarah w 01-19-07 14
 RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... Sunnflower07 02-07-07 15
   RE: Ozzy best challenge performer e... JoeGazillionaire 02-08-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-22-06, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-06 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

I would have to agree. Tom (Palau), Terry(Exile Island), and of course, Boston Rob were also good physically, but Ozzy always seemed to be the one to figure out the best way to win the competition. The others could only watch and try to imitate.

ktchong 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-23-06, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ktchong Click to send private message to ktchong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
Ozzy ties with Colby, Tom and Terry for winning the most number of individual immunity challenges: 5 immunity challenges.

Percentage-wise, Ozzy edged over the other three challenge beasts:
-Ozzy won 83% (5 out of 6) of individual immunity and 75% (6 out of 8) of total individual challenges in his season.
-Tom won 71% (5 out of 7) of individual immunity and 60% (6 out of 10) of total individual challenges.
-Terry won 71% (5 out of 7) of immunities and 57% (8 out of 14) of total individual challenges.
-Colby won 63% (5 out of 8) of individual immunity and 69% (9 out of 13) of total individual challenges.

ktchong 106 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-06, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ktchong Click to send private message to ktchong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
1. Cook Islands merged late at nine and ended early at final three. The late merge and early final took away about four individual challenges, which would have been more opportunities for Ozzy to compete in and win more individual immunity and reward challenges.

2. Neither Colby's nor Terry's challenge ability has been able to carry Ogakor or La Mina. Both Ogakor (Colby) and La Mina (Terry) lost most of the tribal challenges before the merge. However, Ozzy was able to help his tribe win a number of challenges with his spectacular swimming and gymnastic skill.

3. Ozzy beat the "Brain" and won the single most difficult puzzle in all 13 seasons of Survivor. That single feat alone is worth several challenges.

Ozzy is the best challenge player of Survivor. As a challenge player, he is better than Terri and Colby and at least on par with Tom.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-23-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
Man! Everyone is forgetting the Man! Judd, the Man, had the belly...I mean the strength to win certain challenges that Ozzy couldn't. That big ball, man! And man! That Tug-o-war, they were made for the Man! He was great sportsmanship, man!

All kidding aside, there are certain challenges that Ozzy couldn't win but every water challenge, obstacle course and anything that involved speed and agility, I'd give to him. Even that puzzle was surprising but he didn't do any other puzzles. Tom would beat him in the Sumo-at-Sea I think, and he wouldn't want to wrestle Terry or cut fish against BobDawg! All I'm saying, it depends on the challenge list for the season.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-23-06, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-06 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

Personally, I think Terry would beat Ozzy in anything not involving swimming or balance, and even the swimming we don't really know about because Terry didn't have the big time swimming challenges that Ozzy had. The biggest swimming challenge, the retrieve the puzzle-pieces from the ocean bottom IC, Terry completely dominated in.
I would also say that Rob M probably beats Ozzy in anything not swimming related. Rob has a construction background and also has amazing balance, as he demonstrated during All-Stars. And he is clearly stronger than Ozzy. If Ozzy faced him in that "confrontation" challenge where two people face off on a beam, Rob would kick his a$$. And Rob was very fast as well.
Now, on the otherhand, I think Ozzy would beat Tom in pretty much any challenge that wasn't strength related, same with Colby.
But if we look at best performances within their season, then the ranking would go like this-

1. Tom- 5 ICs, virtually untouchable TC record
2. Ozzy- 5 ICs, won the majority of TCs
3. Terry- 5 ICs, won slight minority of the TCs
4. Rob M- 4 ICs, won the vast majority of TCs
5. Colby- 5 ICs, won the minority of TCs
6. Brian- 4 ICs, won slight majority of the TCs

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-23-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-06 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

No Juddinator?

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-06, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
Terry only won 63% of Individual Immunities. 5 of 8, not 7. There were also 15 total individual challenges.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 03:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
No, 5 of 7 was right. Bruce had to be medi-vac'd; so there was no IC there. Otherwise Terry would have won 6 of 8. Terry only lost once to Aras and once to Danielle. That's it.

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-07, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ozzy bested Tom, Terry and Colby"
"Ozzy ties with Colby, Tom and Terry for winning the most number of individual immunity challenges: 5 immunity challenges."

Ktchong: I'm pretty sure Colby only won 4 ind. immunity challenges (out of 7) in the Outback. And how many overall ind. challenges did BRob win on all-stars (4 immunity + ? reward)?

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-24-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
There should be no doubt in most minds that the top three challenge performers of all-time is Terry, Tom and Ozzy.

Whereas all three won FIVE immunity challenges, are we not annointing someone the "best challenge performer ever?" Although ICs are vital for self-preservation in this game do we not forget that there are REWARD challenges as well? How many RCs did Ozzy win?? That being said, Terry is the hands down winner.

I agree with Michel that you have to analyze the challenges for each season. In hand-to-hand physical battles Terry/Tom cleans Ozzy's clock. In swimming challenges Ozzy leave Tom/Terry at the beach sucking their thumbs.

Tom was instrumental in team challengess, but Ian was no slouch. In Exile Island many team challenges involved a "passing the baton" format. Sadly for La Mina Bo-Bos like Sally and Dan squandered what seemed like insurmountable leads provided by Terry.

The Juddinator rocked in the team challenges, but Guatemala was a season where most individual ICs greatly minimized brute strength and physical athleticism moreso than any season I can remember. Could this be because they knew they would be casting a former NFL QB in Gary??? Whatever the reason it took Judd pretty much out of the ICs where Rafe was the beneficiary of this anamoly.

TheRoundPeg 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-25-06, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TheRoundPeg Click to send private message to TheRoundPeg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
>The Juddinator rocked in the team challenges, but
>Guatemala was a season where most individual ICs
>greatly minimized brute strength and physical
>athleticism moreso than any season I can remember.
>Could this be because they knew they would be
>casting a former NFL QB in Gary???

It could be because the show producers wanted to favor the female contestants and produce a female winner for that season. That season had a dancing challenge.

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-07, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
Tough question. Ozzy is clearly in the top 4 along with Tom, Terry, and Boston Rob. Not sure where within that top 4 he belongs. To play devil's advocate, it did seem that most of the challenges had at least some component of his specific skill advantage. In other words, every challenge had balance or swimming involved it seemed. He didn't have to change gears and win a 100% mental challenge for instance, like some of the other seasons had. Still very impressive and his wins were not even close.

Here are my top 10 for males:
1. Tom - S10 - older guy and against good competition including a former D1 football player, but still dominated
2. Ozzy - S13 - seemed to win by the largest margins
3. Terry - S12 - too bad he couldn't close the deal, but still a great performer and well rounded
4. Boston Rob - S8 - made Colby and Ethan look unimpressive; improved from S4
....then a gap

5. Matt - S6 - beat Alex the triathlete like a drum
6. Colby - S2 - well rounded athlete
7. Ian - S7 - too bad for him he was up against Tom

....now the third tier
8. Ethan - S3 - got exposed on S8
9. Rafe - S11 - consistently got the better of a former NFL QB
10. Ruppert - S7 - better than you would think from looking at him; not as impressive in S8

Now my Top 5 for females
1. Stephanee - S10 - despite team losing streak
2. Kelly - S1 - dominated the males in the individual challenges (which still has yet to be repeated)
3. Tammie - S4 - good balance and tough competitor
4. Danni - S11 - made Steph seem less dominant her second time around
5. blond girl from S11 (name escapes me) - best female athletes were on S11

ettuT 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-05-07, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ettuT Click to send private message to ettuT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
Too bad he is autistic, did anyone see how he greeted his mother? His old team members were just hoping he would lose a challenge to boot him out. Sure, they feared him but there were no bonds. I saw no glimpse of humanity, he fostered not a single relationship.

Alot of the competitions did favor Aitu. Few strength challenges. Then again the people on Raro had absolutely no drive. Most of them were attractive and you sense why they did the show. Candise was perhaps the only driven one and she was in that team because she had the hots for one of the Raro males.

Something else, they probably have been other Ozzy in the show but they never make it far. If the mutiny had never happened, Ozzy was gone.

Pure physical players don't normally make it that far.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-19-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
I think that it would have been definitely interesting to see Ozzy and Tom and Terry all take each other on. I think there's no way to deny that those three are definitely the best top 3 challenge performers in the history of the show, but as to how they stack up against each other, I'm not sure. I think that Tom or Terry would both beat Ozzy in terms of a physical strength match up,and Ozzy would probably win at challenges needing swimming or flexibility skills.

Sunnflower07 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-07-07, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunnflower07 Click to send private message to Sunnflower07 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
Just stumbled onto these boards & read what garcor posted last month about Ozzy's supreme intelligence at knowing how to excel at each challenge. Just wanted to add a few that came to mind instantly when I read the ones you listed:

** Ozzy was the only one intelligent enuf to figure out that if you dug deep enuf in that mud pit, there was mounds of actual mud. Parvati copied from him & ended up in 2nd place. Had Sundra been intelligent, she should have noted this & with her locks, could have ended up winner.

** The way he flew almost into the air when swimming, leaping as far as he could distance b/4 dropping into the water & swimming head under water like a beaver. Awesome to watch these.

** The way he shimmied up those coconut trees & to climb past the coconuts so he could kick a bunch down at a time with his feet. I watched a true life desert island survival show on Discovery & it showed the guy, a professional at surviving anywhere, he climbed the coconut tree, much slower than when Ozzy simply scampered up them like it's easy & the survival expert had to twist each coconut down, above his head. He either couldn't climb past them to kick them down like Ozzy, or he just didn't have that intelligence to know to do it that way. Anyway, he commented on how difficult it was & when he came down the tree he said it was quite painful & burned your thighs. Didn't seem to bother Ozzy none, nor did he have any tree burns or sores or such. Another Ozzy amazement.

** The way he knew how to run quickly over the moving barrels in the water, instead of trying to climb, crawl or walk slowly over them like all the rest of them were doing & failing at miserably. I like the part where Parvati & Becky are still failing to get over the barrels & here comes Ozzy, his 2nd or 3rd time by now & he runs over them quickly & then it shows Parvati & Becky trying to do it also. Parvati makes it, her 1st success doing it & Becky almost makes it.

** When Candice's ribbon was still in that plate they hit with a bat, Ozzy knew when she couldn't find it to swim out & look up to see if it was in there. Knowing how to hit it without a bat too was pretty impressive.

Nate copied Ozzy in the cable wire challenge & Jonathon copied him to climb the coconut trees & fish. A few from Raro started throwing the club or whatever it was first, then swimming, especially Yul. Everybody copied Ozzy at some point I think.

Just too many to list, I could think of more if I tried. He was an awesome player, good at everything, & played with great integrity. He never lied or stabbed anybody in the back. Stayed true to his tribe all the way thru, even to the end. Billy cannot be counted as a negative against Ozzy. He would have sucked at all challenges, making them lose, & he would not lift a hand to help anyone do anything. Not to mention, mentally, the guy was abit creepy. Lazy crazy people that suck 100% at challenges deserve to get booted, even if you have to throw a challenge to do it.

JoeGazillionaire 349 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-08-07, 05:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ozzy best challenge performer ever?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-07 AT 05:41 AM (EST)

Ozzy is the best ever. Period. He's like Tarzan, Aquaman, and Superman all rolled up into one. All the previous winners were mostly strong with some smarts and a little athleticism, but Ozzy was at another level. People underestimate him, because he looks lean and a little boyish....but watching him play, was the first time I was really impressed with a survivor physical challenger. His speed, agility, and balance is far above any of the previous guys...the only guy that comes close with a combination of agility and speed is probably Boston Rob. It just seemed like Ozzy was built for Survivor challenges. Ozzy said that he would use the money to pursue more education..I think he would do well....because he seems to think fast on his feet. It didn't matter what challenges was presented to him: water, jungle jims, mud, obstacle courses, puzzles, accuracy, etc. He didn't just dominate, he seemed to innovate. He figured out exactly the most efficient way to do it...and at some point almost every other person copied him. I also think people underestimate his strength....
Ozzy was really the biggest reason for his team's defying the odds of 4 against 8!! Yul would never had been able to use his incredible chess moves to split up the Candice tribe without Ozzy dominating those big buff guys on the other squad. Of course the absolute loyalty that the other two girls on tht team and Ozzy's also helped make one of the biggest overcoming the odds 4 to 8, ever.

the guys on the other tribes were way bigger and brawnier but were absolutely dominated by Ozzy. Ozzy is a lot stronger than he looks... He was carrying those freaking heavy sand bags... and climbing up a tree like that takes incredible strength. Athleticism, speed, and agility makes his strength more an advantage. Plus, Ozzy has more energy than all of those guys....he never seemed to get tired...whereas when he see those guys a lot of times there out of breath. There are guys that are stronger than Reggie Bush...but its another thing to try to take him down.... so I don't think that Tom and Terry would overpower Ozzy as one might think because in physical combat...having speed and agility is just as important...and I just get the feeling that Ozzy would figure out how to get an edge on those guys. The young guy who competed against Terry (can't remember his name)was actually stronger than Terry, but Terry was smarter and beat the younger stronger guy for most of the challenges, so its not just brawn. I think Boston Rob has more speed and agility than Tom or Terry....and he was pretty smart too. Tom and Terry are strong and smart, but don't really have that much speed nor are they exceptional in the athleticism department. Colby is strong and athletic, but not exceptionally smart or agile....
But, like they say in football...that's why they play the game...because before the allstars, everyone assumed that Colby was physically superior among all the challengers....and Ethan was a strong challenger....but Boston Rob totally outplayed them in challenges hands down.
so it would probably be:
Ozzy
Boston rob a distant second
Tom, Terry, Colby.... the next tier.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •