The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I think I know why there is tension in the house"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Kelliedn 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-17-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelliedn Click to send private message to Kelliedn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I think I know why there is tension in the house"
I was catching a few of the syndicated reruns from last season and there is a HUGE difference between how the HG's are handled by the LC between this season and last. Last year the HG's were not only encouraged, but were taught how to have empathy and understanding for each other, even in the face of something that there was NO WAY a HG would ever find it acceptable...take for instance Sommer and Towanda. T hated Sommer from the moment she heard her story of the affair she had with a married man, but the LC's taught Towanda and worked with her to understand Sommer, not necessarily the affair, but human being that Sommer is, and it worked. T became a lot more empathatic after the LC worked with her and talked with her. This kind of coaching happened many times over the course of last season and it just isn't happening now. Now the LC's seem to be encouraging the drama and discourse in the house. I don't get it and I don't like it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 This season backstabbing and bad mo... Angela1928 11-17-05 1
   RE: This season backstabbing and ba... Amalfi coast girl 11-17-05 3
       RE: This season backstabbing and ba... Kelliedn 11-17-05 4
 RE: I think I know why there is ten... 3girlsmom 11-17-05 2
   RE: I think I know why there is ten... shermie 11-17-05 5
       RE: I think I know why there is ten... justletmebe 11-18-05 6
           Bullies In and Out of the Starting ... Nann 11-18-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Angela1928 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-17-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angela1928 Click to send private message to Angela1928 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "This season backstabbing and bad mouthing (more)"
This season backstabbing and bad mouthing seem to be encouraged.

Jessica and Christina delight in talking smack behind TJ's back, and it is no surprise that they are allies with the other lazy unmotivated woman - Allison.

The life coaches must know how much bad moouthing is going on in the house, but they never lift a finger to stop it or confront this problem.

Amalfi coast girl 396 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-17-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to send private message to Amalfi%20coast%20girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This season backstabbing and bad mouthing (more)"
Maybe the LC's have their hands full this year. Season 2 didn't seem to be as dysfunctional as the cast does this year.

I think the LC's do know what is going on in the house. I believe that is why they initially put the house on probation. It certainly looks like it is time to put the house back on probation.

Kelliedn 50 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelliedn Click to send private message to Kelliedn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This season backstabbing and bad mouthing (more)"
>Maybe the LC's have their hands
>full this year. Season
>2 didn't seem to be
>as dysfunctional as the cast
>does this year.
>
>I think the LC's do know
>what is going on in
>the house. I believe
>that is why they initially
>put the house on probation.
> It certainly looks like
>it is time to put
>the house back on probation.
>

The problem I have with the "probation" is that if the LC's had worked with the HG's like they did last year, there more than likely would have been less discord and more harmony in the house. I blame the LC's for the problems in the household, not the HG's. They have a responsibility to these women and they arenn't living up to it the way they used to.

3girlsmom 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 3girlsmom Click to send private message to 3girlsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I think I know why there is tension in the house"
Kelli I agree with you. I have been watching since day one and this season is hard to watch. I am wondering if the LC's are promoting ratings because Lisa should have been booted long ago and it seems the coaches only reinforce her behavior which is really upsetting to me. I hope they look back and see that this season is not working for those of us who have watched since day one. Have a great day!
Kathy

shermie 89 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shermie Click to send private message to shermie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I think I know why there is tension in the house"
I think that the LC's have their hands full with this current bunch. their issues are very different from the past two seasons, and I think that they just require a different approach.
There is a lot of tension in the house, and the LC's really need to address and shut it down. A good deal of it is caused, I believe, by the constant falure to progress shown buy a couple of the housemates. Perhaps the others feel bogged down, and somewhat neglected.
Perhaps if Lisa and Christina were asked to leave, the others would stand a fighting chance.JMHO.

justletmebe 59 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justletmebe Click to send private message to justletmebe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I think I know why there is tension in the house"
I agree that the LCs have their hands full this season, but I don't agree that Christina should leave. As much as I don't like her, she is one of the houseguests that has made "progress" and has received 2 steps. If anyone should leave it's Lisa and/or Allison. Neither of them have made any progress at all. I think that if someone has been in the house as long as they have, and haven't made any progress, it's time for them to go.

Nann 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-18-05, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nann Click to send private message to Nann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Bullies In and Out of the Starting Over House"
No doubt, the HGs were carefully selected from thousands of applicants. I find each woman's dilemma interesting and do not feel anyone should be forced to leave against their will, without a chance to really work on their problems, some of which are far more complicated than others.

After all, Allison has had weeks and weeks at the SO House, covering two seasons. But, how many people have a rapidly growing breast tumor, the size of a large apple, to contend with at 38? How many women undergo such drastic prophylactic surgery to prevent reoccurence as removing both breasts and having a complete hysterectomy including ovaries at the age of 38? As the women of this forum age, you will find that cancer is a very complicated life problem. It stems from not only physical causes but deep seated emotional causes. It is a healing journey and the mess takes a long, long time to unravel -- as long as it took to contract the disease.

Jessica seems very mature, emotionally balanced, and in control of her life, moreso than others, and will probably graduate
before the others.

Lisa's problem is very deep seated and complicated -- Lisa's arrested development has been "her life" for 41 years. She doesn't know how to be any different. Overstressing her, and reprimanding her like a mean school principal seems entirely the wrong tact to help her respond like an adult. Rhonda Britten has been very rigid and brittle in her most recent treatment of Lisa. From the beginning of this season, I have been appalled at the humiliation Lisa has had to undergo time and time again.

Life Coaching by Humiliation -- dressed up in baby clothes and left with the three-year-olds at a daycare, made to clean public toilets, and shoveling manure all day long at a ranch. Rhonda and others seem to be on a superior power trip regarding Lisa, and only too willing to rub her nose in it. Lisa took it all with remarkably good spirits. But now, her spirit is finally wearing down. Forced to make necklaces, ad infinitum, with no sleep, in too short a time frame. After all, the SO House is not "The Apprentice" and Lisa is NOT one of the Apprentices, (also made to stay up overnight for hours, and days, completing assingnments in too short a time). She should have TOLD Rhonda, I CANNOT do 25 necklaces overnight, I've already had no sleep for 48 hours!

I am just waiting for Monday and the "Board of Review" for the SO Coaches to "make an example" of Lisa. There are already previews that the lovely TJ is giving someone "thumbs down" at the Board of Review -- and I don't think TJ is in a position, or so together, to NIX anyone else!

Christina's problem is also very complex. Like Lisa she is attempting to see another way of relating to others in life that she knows nothing about, but has to relearn from scratch.

As far as Jill goes, she was almost forced into premature SURGERY, that she doesn't need yet, and might risk her life if she did it immendiately. Wow, Iyanla, I wouldn't want that on my head!

I'd hate to be in group therapy with all the SO fans here who say "off with the women's heads" and "get out of the house" if they themselves cannot relate to their problems. I am appalled at the mean-spirited thoughts and replies. No wonder our middle school students and high school teens are "mean girls" and school bullies.

I especially hope Lisa will learn to take the reigns of her own life as an adult, and whatever happens Monday, not be demoralized by all the humiliating "assignments" she has had to endure. And, Christina, to become more and more aware of the self-defeating behaviors that her Nightclub Dancer lifestyle has instilled in her, and to be an Overcomer.

The very people others want kicked out of the house, are the women I feel need the most help, time, and patient understanding.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •