The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"why do you watch the show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

cali 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cali Click to send private message to cali Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"why do you watch the show?"
Given the number of negative comments posted on these boards, I have to wonder why some of you even tune in. There is very little respect for the life coaches, and a lack of compassion/understanding for the houseguests. I wonder what some of you get out of watching the show. There seems to be a pattern of quick judgements and criticism.

Cali

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: why do you watch the show? AshLanie 11-17-05 1
   RE: why do you watch the show? cali 11-17-05 2
       RE: why do you watch the show? gracelove 11-17-05 3
   RE: why do you watch the show? kerrila 11-17-05 5
 RE: why do you watch the show? EnfanTerrible 11-17-05 4
 RE: why do you watch the show? CthlcGrlLuvinGod 11-17-05 6
 RE: why do you watch the show? cali 11-17-05 7
   RE: why do you watch the show? quiller 11-17-05 8
   RE: why do you watch the show? patrossi2004 11-17-05 9
       RE: why do you watch the show? Sassychero 11-17-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-17-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-05 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

>Given the number of negative comments
>posted on these boards, I
>have to wonder why some
>of you even tune in.
> There is very little
>respect for the life coaches,
>and a lack of compassion/understanding
>for the houseguests. I
>wonder what some of you
>get out of watching the
>show. There seems to
>be a pattern of quick
>judgements and criticism.
>
>Cali

And I wonder what you get out of posting such as you did?

Hmmmmmm

Edited to addL

pssst....might want to ead the rules before an admin reads your post..

11-17-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cali Click to send private message to cali Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
I always try to call to attention when people are being unnecessarily unkind. These women are trying to better themselves. something I, and a number of you, could likely benefit from.
I find it upsetting that I would not be able to defend the houseguests, yet a number of you can tear them down and your posts don't get removed.
everyone's entitled to an opinion. I was asking honest questions.

gracelove 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-17-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gracelove Click to send private message to gracelove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-05 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-17-05 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-17-05 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-17-05 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

I wondered the same thing, but this is a weird place and what you are doing is oddly enough against the rules. I am going to try the other board someone posted.

What is even more crazy is that it won't let me post the link to the other site.

kerrila 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kerrila Click to send private message to kerrila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
I realize that SO is another reality show, but I don't think that it is JUST ANOTHER REALITY SHOW. I think people tend to miss the point. Yes, we do get caught up in each person's story, but inevitably there is that one person that we can relate to, or a question posed by the coaches that we certainly can examine in our own lives. I have found it personally beneficial to look beyond the people but to their exercises and challenges, these are certainly a great tool to open up what has been concealed in our own lives. I don't think anyone can knock these women (no matter what the flaws) at least they have a will to acknowledge something in their lives is no longer working. And to put it out there for all to see, well- how many people can honestly do that? So instead of criticizing the women I think we all could use some self-examination. Who couldn't?

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-17-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
I'm relieved by that policy. Finally we can discuss the show and not each other. There is a board for every style and this one suits mine.

CthlcGrlLuvinGod 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CthlcGrlLuvinGod Click to send private message to CthlcGrlLuvinGod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
I am new here but I would like to give my opinion on why I watch the show. I watch the show everyday... I have watched it since it started. When I watch the show its like I'm there with them... I cry when I hear what these REAL women are going through. I, myself, am going through all kinds of problems in my life and I find that since I've watched the show, it helped me in many ways, even though I am not there and experiencing having a life coach and whatnot. Just having to listen to what Rhonda, Iyalna, and Dr. Stan, in whatever they are saying, inspires me.

11-17-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
7. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
This show truly inspires me also. and I would like to see more boards that can get at the heart of what the show is really about. I guess I could have started this thread on a more positive note myself, but I was feeling overwhelmed with the negativity and I felt I had to address it.
I want to thank everyone who's supporting me in that. I considered just not joining the site and avoiding all the judgements/criticims. But I felt like there must be others on here who feel the same way I do.
I feel connected to each of the women on a different level. And this changes daily with my own outlook and personal experiences. And it's true.. this may be a reality show, but it's not just any reality show. These are real women putting their lives on display for our learning, and on some level, entertainment.

quiller 268 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-17-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail quiller Click to send private message to quiller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
The show inspires me also, but that doesn't mean that sometimes the women don't drive me crazy! It frustrates me when I see people who have been given an amazing opportunity squander it. There are thousands of people who try out for the show and don't get selected, so it bugs me when the women who DID don't do their assignments, backbite ...

That being said, there are many times when I am moved to tears by what a houseguest or an LC says, by the growth they are showing, the support they are receiving.

I personally think that this board is somewhat negative because people are very frustrated with this particular group of women who don't really seem to be coming together as a group as well as some in the past, and with the editing of the show, which always seems to try to increase the DRAMA, when really what we want to watch is the women!

patrossi2004 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail patrossi2004 Click to send private message to patrossi2004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
I am truely looking at this show as a learning instrument. I only found out about this feedback site after going on the home site. I want to learn....Ineed to learn. If I agree or not is not important. I have lost everything and am trying to just get the ability to encounter life again. For me to reach out is very hard...all the negative is hard to hear. Maybe I need to hear it though... that is the real world. I am going to try to stay with this, so I thank everyone. I have a grandchild that I have to learn to recoup for. People take the time to write in , if I agree or not, we all have our issues. I want to lesrn from all of you. Keeping in touch with our emotions is never good or bad, it just is. I wish everyone well. Thank you for letting me reach out even just a little bit

Sassychero 4 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sassychero Click to send private message to Sassychero Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: why do you watch the show?"
I watch the show to better understand myself and my behaviors and my shortcomings as well as my progress. The SO house has helped me in so many ways, I cannot even begin to understand all that it's done for me.

I'm with you Cali, I don't understand all the negativity.. but then most forum boards seem to be that way... a focal point for folks to get together to bash, criticize, belittle and be as negative as possible. I was so hoping these boards would be different since it has to do with bettering one's self.. but I see they are not.

I'm off to find a more positive outlet for my personal growth and advancement.

Take care Cali.. don't let them get you down.

*HUGS*

~*~ Sassy

~><~
That's just my two cents worth...
that and a buck will get you a cheap cup of coffee!!

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •