The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 8 Title"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-01-03, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 8 Title"
As always, courtesy of MayanSun at Sucks:

Pearl Islands Episode 8 Title:
Shocking! Simply Shocking!
The ninth castaway is voted off.
Airdate 11.13.03

Discuss.

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 My first thought... bebekid 11-01-03 1
   RE: My first thought... Brownroach 11-03-03 11
 My Questions volsfan 11-01-03 2
   My two cents... procrastin8tor 11-01-03 3
       Crappy weather Round Robin 11-02-03 4
           RE: Crappy weather I_AM_HE 11-02-03 5
               RE: Crappy weather joannie 11-02-03 6
               RE: Crappy weather Thaibeach 11-03-03 10
 RE: Episode 8 Title I_Got_Nutn 11-02-03 7
   RE: Episode 8 Title VerucaSalt 11-02-03 8
       RE: Episode 8 Title I_AM_HE 11-02-03 9
           Two thoughts... LeftPinky 11-03-03 14
               RE: Two thoughts... I_AM_HE 11-03-03 16
                   RE: Two thoughts... LeftPinky 11-03-03 17
                       RE: Two thoughts... VerucaSalt 11-03-03 18
                       RE: Two thoughts... I_AM_HE 11-03-03 19
                           RE: Two thoughts... Brownroach 11-04-03 20
                               RE: Two thoughts... SurvivorSteve 11-04-03 21
                                   RE: Two thoughts... frisky 11-04-03 23
       RE: Episode 8 Title 1derfool 11-03-03 12
           RE: Episode 8 Title pmspml5 11-03-03 13
           RE: Episode 8 Title 1unatic 11-03-03 15
               RE: Episode 8 Title pdragonfly 11-04-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "My first thought..."
Is that Lil wins the first individual IC. That would be shocking to the other players, no? Do we not have spoilers that Lil wins an individual IC shortly after re-entering the game?

If Lil goes to the last tribal TC in episode 7b, then her "immunity" will be over by episode 8, thereby forcing her to win the individual IC. Unless she has already established a tight alliance.

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My first thought..."
If Lil goes to the last tribal TC in episode 7b, then her "immunity" will be over by episode 8, thereby forcing her to win the individual IC.

I don't think it matters which one of Burton and Lillian goes to tribal TC in EP 7B. I think auto-immunity is over for both of them after that TC.

The Accidental Tourist spoiler said that the older woman won another challenge right after the challenge that got her back in the game. Well, the challenge that will have gotten her back in the game was actually a tribe challenge, so who knows exactly what the sources were referring to. But it certainly makes sense that Lillian would TRY to win the first individual IC.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "My Questions"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-03 AT 12:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-01-03 AT 12:02 PM (EST)

In another thread I mentioned that the voice over for the previews for Episode 7B reads that a challenge will "change the face of the game". In the other thread where I brought this up, a couple of people think this is just meaning that the challenge is after the two voted out come back and that the face of the game has changed.

Then for episode 8 we get a title like this. SHOCKING, SIMPLY SHOCKING!

In the preview caps for 7B we have what is shown to be the IC. Because of the II standing beside Jiffy P. and there are the two rugs for the tribes to stand on and they are the colors of Drake and Morgan. So, it is believed that the tribes have not merged

So, episode 8 could be the merge. If this is the case, is it going to be shocking in that the merge is an all new concept? Or, maybe there is not a merge in episode 8?

I just think that somewhere between 7B and 8 there is going to be another twist that we have not seen in other seasons past. What do you guys think?

GO VOLS!

Edited to add that my lack of a memory allowed me to forget that their is a "wedding" in episode 8! Is the wedding "shocking"?

Edited again because I obviously messed up in that the wedding is in episode 7B! OMG! I am so confused! HELP ME!

procrastin8tor 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-01-03, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail procrastin8tor Click to send private message to procrastin8tor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "My two cents..."
I just think it's a typical merge, with immunity challenge onto tribal council. The network just wants to hype it like crazy for sweeps. I think the 'shocking' thing might be that finally others see the threat of Rubert and vote him off.

-P*

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-02-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Crappy weather"
There were reports of there having been a lot of bad weather with some pretty wicked storms, and the "shocking" part could be a reference to a storm that supposedly took place that had lightning so bad that Jeffy feared for the safety of the players.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-03, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Crappy weather"
it's a shame osten's not still around to animate with lightning

but i don't think anyone will complain about jon being hit by lightning if he's still around, either

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-02-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Crappy weather"
The first two things I thought of when I heard the title were:

1) Someone gets shocked by an eel. Maybe during the swimming challenge.

2) Someone gets hit by lightning.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-03-03, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Crappy weather"
it's a shame osten's not still around to animate with lightning
but i don't think anyone will complain about jon being hit by lightning if he's still around, either

Hee hee, He.

I_Got_Nutn 897 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-02-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_Got_Nutn Click to send private message to I_Got_Nutn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 8 Title"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-03 AT 02:45 PM (EST)

The ninth castaway is voted off.

We have had 8 voted (7 voted and 1 quit) off thru 7A with 2 returning. Does this mean no one gets voted off or do 2 more go in 7B?

After looking at the CBS site:
They are listing no vote for Morgan in 7A, so that makes 7 in Ep7A, 8 in Ep7B, 9 in Ep8.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 8 Title"
Wonder if this is finally the big lie?

11-02-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 8 Title"
i think the big lie is a contestant lie, but i was actually wondering about this after the "game changing challenge" deal...

what if there is a tribal immunity challenge (plus the two ghosties ind. immunity) this week but no Tribal Coucil? then the ten remaining people still would get a chance at individual immunity...and it would really cause havoc if the tribe that was supposed to go to TC doesn't know there won't be a vote until they get there.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-03-03, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Two thoughts..."
What if the challenge we are seeing in the clips is a delayed tribal reward challenge? They've already lost members for this episode, so now their new members can show how much they want to be a valued member of an alliance/tribe at this time...that would keep the "ninth person voted out" correct by the numbers

OR...

What if SeeBS is counting actual "voted out" members? Then we only have 7 at this point, another voted out in 7B (making 8) and the ninth person would be voted out in episode 8. (I think this one makes more sense as it keeps the numbers right for the number of episodes left)...

Lightning bolts ready...

11-03-03, 05:26 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Two thoughts..."
but we really only have 6 voted out at this point. Ep 7 should see the 7th person, and Ep 8 the 8th person

we got a +2 in 7A, making 8, but a -2 and then a +1 in 7B, which should leave 7

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-03-03, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Two thoughts..."
HE...
I count 7 voted out
1. Nicole
2. Ryan S
3. Lil
4. Burton
5. Michelle
6. Trish
7. Shawn - he was voted out

and one not voted out: Osten

so if we have another voted out in Ep 7B as the eighth (as I expect) then the 9th person voted out will be in ep. 8

Or is my math failing again?? (I only went to college to get a degree in math) I usually mess up the spelling!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-03, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Two thoughts..."
You are okay LP, the CBS site clearly states Osten quit, no votes done so technically he was not voted out therefore he doesn't count; we only have 7 people "voted out" This Thursday is 8th person so next episode is 9th person in Ep. 8.

11-03-03, 07:45 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Two thoughts..."
it's more than possible that cbs is playing a stupid semantics game, so you could be right, but it is still stupid. osten was voted out, i don't give a damn what they want to call it

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Two thoughts..."
CBS can't make up its mind.

On Osten's Activities Page, next to Status, it says "Voted out 10/30/03." But right below that in Osten's Voting History, it says, "Osten quit; no votes at Tribal Council."

Ho-hum.

SurvivorSteve 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-04-03, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorSteve Click to send private message to SurvivorSteve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Two thoughts..."
>CBS can't make up its mind.
>
>
>On Osten's Activities Page, next to
>Status, it says "Voted out
>10/30/03." But right below
>that in Osten's Voting History,
>it says, "Osten quit; no
>votes at Tribal Council."
>
>Ho-hum.
>
>
>

Am I mistaking or did JiffyPop poll the Morgan's to see if they all voted for Osten? I would count that as "voted off" by a poll of the jury

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Two thoughts..."
I think he said that Osten has obviously made his decision and then asked 'is everyone in agreement?' Then went through each Moron and asked for their OK.

I assumed that if someone had said no, like I thought Android might for a moment, they would have had a vote.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-03, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 8 Title"
>Wonder if this is finally the
>big lie?

I was thinking it is the BL. However, it's not told in the game itself, but at the TC where the Outcasts decide who to vote in. Considering they're all desperate and anxious to get back in, I'd say there's no holds barred at the discussion. Who of the Outcasts is so revved up to get back that he/she wouldn't consider telling a whopper of a lie if that's what it takes? I'm thinking Burton could and would, but I'm not yet sure what he could be saying, other than telling the Outcasts that throwing the challenge wasn't his idea (maybe blame Rupert) and he needs to get back in to get him to confess in front of the camera... or something along that line?

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-03-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 8 Title"
On the CBS website - there is no 7a/7b episode - the next episode is episode 8??? So am I reading it wrong?

1unatic 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-03-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1unatic Click to send private message to 1unatic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 8 Title"
Pure spec, but i bet they merge and Lil wins immunity. They vote off jon because the BL is revealed (Told in ep. 7B see cbs clues). There. that's 3 "shocking" things (Although the merge isn't exactly surprising).

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-04-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 8 Title"
I'm still trying to get over that Lil is back and actually wins Immunity. I find this so incredulous given her low standing early on. Or maybe the word is shocking.

Now that word implies something that gives the body a jolt. However considering its MB maybe no one gets bit by an eel, maybe its that Jon forms an alliance with the Outcasts since he's made himself one. (Although Rupert sure made up with him fast enough.)

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
DARE TO DREAM!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •