The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"True colors"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

bigbrofanKelly 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-23-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigbrofanKelly Click to send private message to bigbrofanKelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"True colors"
I just thought I'd share my insight on people's true colors coming out. How about those twins? Adria/Natalie acted like a supportive team as one player. Of course we all knew what would go down as soon as both twins played together in the house. I didn't think they would be worse than Jase. Jase used intimidation as his strategy and everyone knew it was the weakest way to play the game, but these twins have really gotten under my skin. I love Will, and thought he was very true to his team. I feel the same way about Nicomis. They are both genuinely good people. i can't say the same for anyone else besides MAYBE Diane. I guess we'll have to see how it all pans out. Oh and p.s. interesting shifting relationship between Drew and Diane

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: True colors nailbone 08-23-04 1
   RE: True colors bigbrofanKelly 08-23-04 2
       RE: True colors okaychatt 08-24-04 5
 RE: True colors vixie 08-23-04 3
   RE: True colors twinpoweractivate 08-24-04 4
       RE: True colors bigbrofanKelly 08-24-04 6
           RE: True colors twinpoweractivate 08-24-04 7
               RE: True colors bigbrofanKelly 08-24-04 8
                   RE: True colors vixie 08-24-04 9
       RE: True colors rugoing2letmeplay 08-25-04 13
           RE: True colors Nikamo 08-25-04 16
               RE: True colors Lasann 08-25-04 18
 RE: True colors alwaysintruble1 08-24-04 10
   RE: True colors ReggaeInKy 08-24-04 11
       RE: True colors vixie 08-25-04 12
       RE: True colors rugoing2letmeplay 08-25-04 14
           RE: True colors vixie 08-25-04 15
               RE: True colors bigbrofanKelly 08-25-04 17
                   RE: True colors Nick sucks 08-26-04 19
                       RE: True colors HistoryDetective 08-27-04 20
                           RE: True colors vixie 08-27-04 21
                               RE: True colors bigbrofanKelly 08-27-04 22
                                   RE: True colors vixie 08-30-04 24
                                   RE: True colors HistoryDetective 09-01-04 31
 RE: True colors Surveysez 08-30-04 23
   RE: True colors vixie 08-30-04 25
 RE: True colors elfie 08-31-04 26
   RE: True colors bigbrofanKelly 08-31-04 27
       RE: True colors vixie 08-31-04 28
           RE: True colors sam752 09-01-04 29
               RE: True colors motormouth 09-01-04 30
               RE: True colors sum1smum 09-01-04 32
               RE: True colors syren 09-01-04 33
                   RE: True colors HistoryDetective 09-01-04 35
                   RE: True colors sum1smum 09-01-04 36
                       RE: True colors HistoryDetective 09-02-04 37
 RE: True colors mccurll 09-01-04 34
   RE: True colors sam752 09-02-04 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-23-04, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: True colors"
One doesn't necessarily vote out only the folks that annoy them. One may also vote out those they think could be a threat to win, keeping the annoying ones for later.

The plan to vote out Will because Marvin would poison the sequester house, and will would not, is definitely gonna backfire on them, though.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

08-23-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigbrofanKelly Click to send private message to bigbrofanKelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: True colors"
I agree they don't vote out only the ones that annoy them. It's just interesting to see how these people are changing. It's like day and night, and I don't feel that it was that way as much with last seasons' players. It would be so hard to not get your emotions involved with people you spend every day with and form bonds with.
The Will decision was bad judgement on Adria's part and it only places a red target on both twins, hence Nik's decision to put both on the block (great move, by the way;)

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-24-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: True colors"
"hard to not get your emotions involved with people you spend every day with and form bonds with."

Exactly why I wouldn't do well. Office politics and game playing are not my strength, and I defer to the masters on this board. My hubby would be terrific at this game, but I wouldn't survive long.

Now I see why you all like this show so much - it's fascinating to watch how the various strategies and not-so-strategies play out.

And then there's Cowboy - no strategy at all.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-23-04, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: True colors"
Although I agree with most of your post Kelly, I can't say I am fully buying that Diane is a genuinely good person. She spends an awful lot of time putting bugs in the ears of which ever HOH is in control. So far as Drew and Diane's relationship, I think that still remains to be seen in TRW. And by the way, a most gracious welcome to ya Kelly. Are ye Irish, perchance? (Dog offering her paw) Watch out...that's a trick! She can get in close for a wet kiss that way! Aw man, sorry! Have a napkin.

twinpoweractivate 20 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-04, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail twinpoweractivate Click to send private message to twinpoweractivate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: True colors"
yeah how can you think Diane is a good person in the game? she is flip flopping worse than a fish out of water, all the time talking smack about everyone! And less we forget she is the one that got adria to put will up in the first place. Who would have booted one of the twins the first chance he got. They just beat him to the punch! I think the twins were screwed no matter who they got out of the house a traget went up as soon as natalie walked throught that door

08-24-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: True colors"
Well, I don't neccessarily think Diane is a good person in the game. I do think she is rather confused about who she is siding with. I admit she does need to know when to keep her mouth shut. That is her biggest weakness in the game without a doubt. I said she MAY BE a good person in real life. She did the right thing by voting for Will, in spite of her not-so-smart moves previously. As for Will, I agree he would have booted out the twins right away, but I think that the twins voting for Marvin to stay was like a slap in the face to Will. I think Will would have definitely voted out Marvin if one of the twins were in Will's place. We'll find out more tonight! Oh and Vixie, I am 40 percent Irish Thanks for the welcome.

twinpoweractivate 20 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail twinpoweractivate Click to send private message to twinpoweractivate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: True colors"
>Well, I don't neccessarily think Diane
>is a good person in
>the game. I do think
>she is rather confused about
>who she is siding with.
>I
>said she MAY BE a
>good person in real life.

YEah oustide the house she is probably a good person

>She did the right thing
>by voting for Will,

She did the right thing for herself it was a smart move (until hopfully Adria calls her out) I dont think she did it because she was being loyal to Will. She knew the vote was going to be a tie and all the back lash would be directed towards Adria. With her voting to keep Will in she still has the trust of Nikodemus

08-24-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
8. "RE: True colors"
Very true. She is scared to set off anyone right now, and it was a very smart move because she still has Nikomis' trust for now. She might have been on the block herself had she voted otherwise.I do think Adria will call her out b/c she is feeling desperate, and will do whatever she can to get support from anyone in the house.

08-24-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: True colors"
I'm thinking the same thing about Adria.
BTW, Kelly I'm just a bit over 50% Irish, best as I can figure. There's the Scotch, Welch &/or British blend as well in two of the grandparents, and we have no idea WHAT all is in the 4th.

rugoing2letmeplay 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-25-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rugoing2letmeplay Click to send private message to rugoing2letmeplay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: True colors"
I totally agree, How easily everyone forgets... It was Diane all along... Natalie's only hope is if it comes out to begin with. It Cracked me up when Nik said it was cause they broke a promise... during the first week, ONLY the Girls were in alliance. The So called Sweetheart of a guy "WILL" went running into the four horsemen and told them the girls were going against the guys... So they started for the Girls immediately. Simply, because Will was only promised he would be the last guy in the house...
Then we change again, and it's everyone in the house against the four horseman, marvin sitting on the sidelines.... with NO known alliance.... They go after Nik, and Adria saved her more than once!
Finally Last night Nik, does the same thing she's been griping about the "Twins" breaking agreements, and puts up her own brother... HOW FREAKING COLD can you be!!!! After she puts him up, she doesn't go up to him and talks it out... she just walks away... Talk about a "%@$!*". She gives that word new meaning...
I am hoping both Twins some how stay in, although it's doubtful.... it will be awesome to see how quickly everyone will turn and be their "New" BEST FRIEND again! I wish America Got to vote on this one.... That would be interesting to see....

Nikamo 36 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nikamo Click to send private message to Nikamo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: True colors"
"Finally Last night Nik, does the same thing she's been griping about the "Twins" breaking agreements, and puts up her own brother... HOW FREAKING COLD can you be!!!!"

I am with you. I could not believe she put up Cowboy. After the ranting about breaking promises and there she goes.

When Nik, Karen and Di where talking about who to put up they made it sound like it was no big deal because Natalie is gone for sure. If it was no big deal, why didn't Diane or Karen volunteer instead of volunteering Drew or Cowboy?

I think Diane is shady and is still playing both sides blantatly. Why don't they see it?

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-25-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: True colors"
Yeah but there was no "pinky swear".

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-04, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: True colors"
Just wondering why no one seems to remember Will talking about how the twins needed to go before he was ever nominated. Had he, Nic, or Karen won HOH last week, the twins would have been put up, so they beat them to the punch, and they are now the bad guys for it ????

ReggaeInKy 23 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ReggaeInKy Click to send private message to ReggaeInKy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: True colors"
I'm confused. Will was mad because he said Adria broke her "pinky promise" but then didn't the twins say that Adria didn't break a promise because it was the other twin who had the "pinky promise" with him and he thought it was Adria? I'm confused on that. Because if that's the case, then the twins are right. But Nikomas said tonight 8/24/04 show that by then both twins were playing. Somebody fill me in please! Thanks. I think you can play with integrity and honest to a point in this game and then it turns - it changes and you have to change your tactics along with the changing personalities and promises, etc. If it was easy and predictable it wouldn't be a fun game, would it? LOL. No challenge! I agree with those posters who say that you vote people out for other reasons than liking them or disliking them. I've seen, as I'm sure lots of you all have, seen people vote out someone they've bonded with. Hey, it's you or them. IMHO.

08-25-04, 11:57 AM (EST)
12. "RE: True colors"
(It's a dog eat dog game..pant, pant, pant!)
Oh brother! Yes, the game changes, strategies must adjust, and inevitably you need to play your own game, and not the game of others. I think that means that sometimes you must betray certain deals, and make new ones. It's all about doing so as tactfully as possible...sometimes it works, and sometimes not.
There have been winners that weren't fully hated in the end. Even our own evil Dr. Will, played his own game, and many people laughed as they game him thier votes.
If we haven't welcomed you aboard, Inky, we like your posts!
(Dog offering paw!)

rugoing2letmeplay 31 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-04, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rugoing2letmeplay Click to send private message to rugoing2letmeplay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: True colors"
Adria made the pinky swear promise...
Nik said, since they were playing as One person that information of the pinky swear should be held to the twin. (B.S.)
Adria did try to confuse them in who actually said it, but it WAS Adria who made the promise.
Adria broke the promise, and Natalie is catching the brunt of it... but Now Nak has also broken a promise to her Brother!

08-25-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
15. "RE: True colors"
Yes, honey, we want you to play with us, BTW! Welcome!

08-25-04, 02:13 PM (EST)
17. "RE: True colors"
I agree that Nik made a shady move with her brother, but then again would cowboy do the same if he was head of household? Yoou never know in this game, but I do like Nikomis b/c she is not malicious. She is a strong player, and we will eventually see all of these players stab each other in the back as the numbers get lower. It would be impossible not to. It will just be interesting to see what strategies each chooses. The smart players will choose one that doesn't create hatred towards them after the show, which could be very challenging. ie, Nik's six-finger plan.

Nick sucks 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-26-04, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nick%20sucks Click to send private message to Nick%20sucks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: True colors"
Nick not malicious? Ha! Since the very first when the twin twist was revealed she, Will and Karen were plotting to break up the twins, now who was breaking the "pinky swear". Then when Adria got HOH they all suddenly hated the "twins"(because Adria didn't consult with them first), when they all knew good and well they were plotting against them first. Doing what was good for "the team", excuse me but "the team" isn't getting 500,000. Only one person is. As for Adria taking Natalie off the block- Natalie wasn't surprised, reason- she and A already agreed on a plan. Marvin got repayment for defending A, she had the tie breaking vote and she used it to repay him. Diane has been playing both sides against the middle so even Drew feels like he can't trust her.

Then you have the loon Karen who really needs medication, siding with Nick, great choice of allies there. I hope Marvin wins this whole thing- I couldn't stand him in the beginining but am thinking the way he and Cowboy have been playing, they are the ONLY ones in the house that hasn't used the cutlery to plant in a "ally's" back.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-04, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: True colors"
We can talk all we want about Will, Karen, and Nakomis "plotting" to get rid of the twins and setting themselves up to potentially break the pinky swear, but the simple fact is that none of them were ever in the position to do so. We saw them talking a lot of strategy, some of which targeted the twins, but that does not mean that they would have ultimately followed through on it. Adria broke the pinky swear simply because she was HOH and had the power to do so. Will, despite anything he might have said while talking strategy, never had the power to break the pinky swear. Adria drew first blood by being lucky enough to get HOH and make her play against the other members of the pinky alliance. Did Will, Karen, and Nakomis think about drawing first blood if they had the opportunity? Perhaps, but they never set a plan in stone. (Adria's) actions speak louder than (Will's) words.

08-27-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
21. "RE: True colors"
Excellent point Detective (or may we call you #####?) Dog, behave yourself! Anyway, I like your logical thinking. The HGs have so much time to talk over strategy. I mean, c'mon, what else do they have to do? Well that and fog up mirrors. So when we watch the majority of the talk once a person has won HOH, they frequently go over several scenarios prior to the actual nominations. One can only betray another at that point or during actual voting.
So all that said, we both wish to welcome you to the boards...feel free to be rude to the dog!

08-27-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
22. "RE: True colors"
History detective, I agree that you've made some very valid points about Adra's actions speaking louder then words. When the alliances talk strategy they have to consider every HG, including the twins who posed as the biggest threat to everyone in the house. It did not mean they would decide to vote them out, it meant they were thinking strategically. I still believe Nik is far from a malicious player. She has had class and respect for all of the hg's so far, and the decison she made to put up her brother took a lot of guts, and look what happened? Natalie went just like she planned. It may have been a mistake to put cowboy up, but she had enough respect to talk with him first and give him a heads up. So at least he knew what was coming. Adria, on the other had immediately became secretive as soon as she got HOH, and kept everyone in her alliance completely in the dark.

08-30-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
24. "RE: True colors"
Like your logic Kelly. Keep em comin!

09-01-04, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: True colors"
Secretive doesn't even sum up Adria's behavior. Did you notice that during her various interviews with the other HGs that she never talked much but asked really inappropriate questions? At least, I would have considered them inappropriate if she asked me. "Who do you think is YOUR biggest threat?" rather than "Who do you think is MY biggest threat?" or "Who do YOU most want to stay in the house" rather than "Who do you most think I should keep in the house (other than Natalie)?" It seemed like she wanted everybody else just to open their playbook and inform them of her strategy for the rest of the game. I would never tell Adria "Oh yeah, I want X stay in the game more than anybody else." I can't understand why anybody would reveal that (to any HOH, but especially her).

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: True colors"
OMG. There WAS a pinky promise BB has shown it only like a million times in their little black and white flashback moments! But anyways, the twins and their true colours, they are extremely different from when they were switching around. Probably becuase before, they had to hold their tounges and not piss anyone off. It is not their "playing of the game" that is annoying me though, it is their constant crying over basically everything " waaaa, they can't accept us as induviduals" who cares? But yes, i am extremely glad Natalie is gone! I for one was getting really tired of her whining, one won't be so bad. And hopefully, Natalie will have to sleep on the dirty floor Will showed everyone in the secret jury home, I think it would be a good place for her.

08-30-04, 11:35 AM (EST)
25. "RE: True colors"
ROFLMAO Oh yes, survey, we love your post! I'm with you on the whiney, sobbing twin thing. YUCK! And their secrecy after A won HOH really pi$$ed me off to begin with, and that is exactly when my admiration for them turned to disgust. Thanks for the input, and we're glad you're here. (Arf!)

elfie 7 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elfie Click to send private message to elfie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: True colors"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-04 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

i love your articulation here and also agree with you 100% (except that im no longer so sure that diane is a good person...unless the show's editing is just beginning to thro that into doubt--i use to think she had integrity; now im not so sure: shes beginning to look like a snake in the grass, soro of): it appears that nikomis and will are both really genuine, good people. nikomis also seems to be smarter than many... both seem to be beautiful souls. karen maybe too, altho im not sure yet. so far, i like karen.

08-31-04, 10:22 PM (EST)
27. "RE: True colors"
Hi Elfie, thanks for your kind words I like Karen too, but I find her to be a weak player. She has been playing the underdog this entire game, until tonight of course with the veto. Outside of the house, I truly belive she has a good heart. She has done well for herself by avoiding drama. I LOOOVE Nikomis. She is so liberating and independent. I think we all know she is my favorite by now(next to Will of course). As for Diane, I totally agree. "Snake in the grass" describes her role perfectly right now. Her weakness is her big mouth too. I think she's a good person, but I also think she will get herself in trouble with many of the HGs since she has made almost each and every one of them promises. She can't keep them all can she? Welcome Elfie!

08-31-04, 10:28 PM (EST)
28. "RE: True colors"
Like and agree with your viewpoints again, Kelly, on all but Karen. I think she is more in the game than we might realize....but that's just me. Again, not stupid by any means, but a little looniness can be a good thing.

sam752 22 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sam752 Click to send private message to sam752 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: True colors"
Vixie, usually i would totally agree with you but i don't know, Karen kind of reminds me of a fence post, sort of just there with no mind of it's own, and if someone wants to take her out they can kind of thing. Yet at the same time maybe this is some sort of act, if ducking below the radar is what she wants to do then she is doing an extremely good job of it. And sigh...I miss Will.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-01-04, 03:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: True colors"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 04:06 AM (EST)

Hi Sam, and welcome! I think you are right about Karen and I would love to see her in a position to have to do something. ya know, make a stand or a decision about something other than always agreeing with Nak. Maybe her day is coming...

eta-I have not yet watched tuesdays show so I may have missed something.shh..don't tell me.

*Hi vix, how ya doing??*

sum1smum 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-01-04, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sum1smum Click to send private message to sum1smum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: True colors"
(I miss Will, too!)

I think A mentioned in the diary room that Karen's biggest stumbling block is her fear. She seems to be getting worse as the time goes on. In the beginning, when Will was there, she could get quite feisty in the diary room. Now, she's more subdued. I'm disappointed, because I thought in the beginning, "Great, here's a Jersey girl who's going to be a fighter." But, she can't seem to get up her courage.

I think she'd be more powerful in the sequester/jury house. Without the pressure, she might actually become a force in the final decision. For that reason, as much as I really, really like Karen, I think she should go.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: True colors"
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 01:28 PM (EST)

I have to agree with Vixie....Karen is playing this game, she is playing the game far better than what the editing is giving her credit for. She is in line with every member of the house, they are the ones who are not seeing her as a threat. Once again I will say that...Watching the feeds and then reading the transcripts from more than one site (because each site is a little biased for who they like, and their are 4 cameras to watch) has given me a whole new outlook on Karen. She is playing as well as if not better than most of the HG's, and she is doing it UTR without making enemies. I personally would not like to be a player and sit next to her in the final 2. I also think that it isn't fear that is keeping her from using POV, but intelligence..why would she use it and put a huge target on her back?? She would only then be in a two man alliance against the rest of the house. Karen may have just told A that to get A to leave her alone, or to continue the little "don't worry about me, I am emotionally dysfunctional" persona.

09-01-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
35. "RE: True colors"
I agree with syren about Karen's "fear" when it came to using the veto on Adria. It wasn't fear that held her back; she just needed an excuse to get the bully to (hopefully) back off a little bit. (Ever notice that if something is important to Adria then she assumes and insists that it must be important to everybody else, that she is entitled to know everybody's plans and gain their assistance?) And, in the end, Karen worked hard (and smart) to win the Veto because she did have a stake in who won or lost.
Of course, she could have played it differently. Instead of using her "fear" strategy with Adria, she could have just told Adria what Adria wanted to hear and then not tried very hard to win the competition. It worked out better this way though because she avoided making a promise (or a pinky swear) to Adria and didn't have to go back on her word.

sum1smum 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-01-04, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sum1smum Click to send private message to sum1smum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: True colors"
I hope you're right about Karen, because she's been one of my favorites since the beginning. Do you think she'd be able to survive against CB, if it came down to the two of them. I know I'm a bad person, but I just don't like the guy.

09-02-04, 07:58 AM (EST)
37. "RE: True colors"
I think that Karen could definitely win against Cowpat, but it would be close. Karen could count on Nakomis and Will to vote for her. (You could argue that Nakomis might be swayed by the fact that they are, unfortunately, related. Cowpat has worked at crosspurposes from her during the entire game, however, making it easy for her to justify not voting for him at the end. I can't remember if the pinky swear included any promises about voting on the jury...) Considering that Cowpat seems to turn Diane's stomach, that's a third vote for Karen. Natalie and Adria would vote for Cowpat because he's their long-lost non-genetic "brother." (Nakomis will happen to lose his phone humber before the next family reunion so Double Trouble will adopt him into their family.) I imagine that Drew would vote for Cowpat as well, just out of some semblance of honor and loyalty to the Horsemen alliance at the end, although his honor seems to blow in the wind. (Drew might feel that he has to vote for Cowpat since he knows that Scott and Jase will be there for the finale and he'll have to face them. We don't want to see the two biggest bullies make our precious "clean as a whistle" guy cry on national TV again. Cowpat will be blubbering enough as it is.) So, that's three votes each for Karen and Cowpat, making Marvin the swing vote. Although he could base his decision on who needs the money more, I get the sense that Marvin would vote for whoever he found less annoying. That could be a toss up, but I think that Cowpat has a way of getting under your skin that Karen's cycle of hysterics just cannot compete with. Besides, Karen has carefully played an UTR game whereas Cowpat has followed the bullies around like a pathetic little puppy dog. Karen may be quiet, but it's because she's thinking. Cowpat talks a lot but doesn't seem to say much of anything (because Scott isn't around to tell him what to think any more).

So, long answer short, I think that Karen could just barely eke out a victory over Cowpat.

mccurll 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mccurll Click to send private message to mccurll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: True colors"
>I just thought I'd share my
>insight on people's true colors
>coming out. How about those
>twins? Adria/Natalie acted like a
>supportive team as one player.
>Of course we all knew
>what would go down as
>soon as both twins played
>together in the house. I
>didn't think they would be
>worse than Jase. Jase used
>intimidation as his strategy and
>everyone knew it was the
>weakest way to play the
>game, but these twins have
>really gotten under my skin.
>I love Will, and thought
>he was very true to
>his team. I feel the
>same way about Nicomis. They
>are both genuinely good people.
>i can't say the same
>for anyone else besides MAYBE
>Diane. I guess we'll have
>to see how it all
>pans out. Oh and p.s.
>interesting shifting relationship between Drew
>and Diane

sam752 22 desperate attention whore postings

09-02-04, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sam752 Click to send private message to sam752 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: True colors"
AHHHHH!! mccurl i agree with you about the twins getting under your skin, mine too! And i wish they had some thing where they let ppl in the house after the game cause i would go in there and take the twins out of the game so fast!! ( can you tell i loved will....ALOT!)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •