The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Thirteen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-23-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Thirteen"

Welcome to the episode thirteen Not So Move of the Week voting thread.

There are five choices this week. You can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Not So Move of the Season vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode twelve thread, go here:
Episode Twelve Voting Thread
If you'd like to take a look at the episode twelve results, go here:
Episode Twelve Results

This is the last vote that will decide which Moves make it into the Not So Move of the Season thread. Try to vote as quickly as possible, so I can get the Not So Move of the Season thread up in time before people start leaving.

1.Reichen/Chip decide to pass Kelly/Jon on a slick roundabout. They wreck and risk injuring themselves or possibly causing the car to break down. Luckily for them, neither of the two occur, and they're able to catch back up.

2.David/Jeff decide to take a flight from Cairnes to Sydney, despite the fact that they didn't do enough research to know if there were any flights to Hawaii from Sydney. Unfortunately for them there weren't any flights for another day, but there was one in Cairnes for Kelly/Jon and Reichen/Chip to take. David/Jeff aren't able to ever catch back up and finish the race in third place.

3.In Tokyo, Kelly/Jon trust a Japanese woman who tells them to take the tram to the United terminal. Jon decides to not ask or check with anyone else. It turns out, taking the tram was an error. They lose valuable time and later miss the connection flight to Honolulu by minutes. They must wait over an hour for the next flight and fall far behind Reichen/Chip.

4.Kelly/Jon decide to head to Kona airport in Hawaii, just because it has more flights than Hilo airport. Not only do they have to drive a long distance, but the first flight to Honolulu from Kona leaves much later than the flight from Hilo. They arrive in Honolulu for the connecting flight to Phoenix, much later than Reichen/Chip. They have to settle for seats four rows back of those of Reichen/Chip.

5.While Reichen/Chip continuously search for information about directions to the U.S.S. Arizona Anchor in Phoenix, Kelly/Jon dilly dally around. They ask a couple people, but then somewhat give up. They head into Phoenix with only the hope that their taxi driver will know where to go. Unfortunately he doesn't and they fall far behind Reichen/Chip in the race to the finish line. Kelly/Jon finish The Amazing Race in 2nd place.

This vote will close at the latest Monday 8:00 PM EST. If at least ten votes come in before that, then this vote may close earlier though.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #2 curious 08-23-03 1
 #2 qwertypie 08-24-03 2
 #2 please realitybites 08-24-03 3
   RE: #2 please Janer 08-24-03 4
 #2 AMAI 08-24-03 5
 #5 icue 08-24-03 6
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Steen 08-24-03 7
 RE: #2 MsShel330 08-24-03 8
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... arfanjunky 08-24-03 9
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Edgeless Grass 08-25-03 10
 #2 wildchickenhunter 08-25-03 11
 #2 dajaki 08-25-03 12
 #2 (but of course) SurvivinDawg 08-25-03 13
 #2 tig_ger 08-25-03 14
 #2 cmanly 08-25-03 15
 Not so big a surprise. Busco Man 08-25-03 16
 #5 L82LIFE 08-25-03 17
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 08-25-03 18
 #2 trigirl 08-25-03 19
 #2 Survivorerist 08-28-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

curious 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-23-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail curious Click to send private message to curious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#2"
While Kelly/Jon made several little mistakes that altogether might have caused them to lose the race, not checking the flight schedules properly completely took Dave/Jeff out of the race.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-03, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "#2"
It was a gutsy (but stupid) move, one would assume that there would be more flights from Sydney than Cairns, but most people who travel through Australia try to avoid Sydney airport at all costs because of the delays. Was there really such little time that they had to jump on the plane without doing any checking?

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-24-03, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "#2 please"
Took a gamble, crapped out. Sorry dudes.

Janer 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-03, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Janer Click to send private message to Janer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: #2 please"
I couldn't agree more. After all the talk about playing carefully and not making any dumb moves, the Goats basically threw the game by frantically booking a flight and not taking the few minutes to check other options. Yes, the other teams made some stupid mistakes but #2 takes the cake and loses the million.

P.S. Thanks for doing this, it's been fun to read all season!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-24-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#2"
It was a toss-up between #2 and #5, because I was really rooting for Kelly & Jon, and that lackadaisical attitude to information gathering possibly cost them the race. I say "possibly" because even if someone is first out of the plane and has the exact address, it is still possible to get a taxi cab with a poor driver, or a car that breaks down or gets in an accident. So many other factors.

I think they had done well to actually be ON the same flight as Chreichen, even if they were a few rows back, at least they'd done the right thing by going to Kona airport, where they had more options of getting to Honolulu and being able to get on that flight.

But objectively, the worst move of the Race was David & Jeff's decision to waste time going in the wrong direction (south, to Sydney) before they had even ASKED about the possibility of flights to Honolulu via Asian cities.

Thanks for doing this all season, Magic Star. It's given another perspective to the season.

icue 16 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail icue Click to send private message to icue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#5"
Clearly this was the difference between the two teams.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-24-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Thirteen"
I agree with everyone and go with number 2

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-03, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: #2"
Dude and Bro ended up 24 hours behind thanks to this brilliant move.

arfanjunky 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-03, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arfanjunky Click to send private message to arfanjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Thirteen"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-03 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-24-03 AT 11:24 PM (EST)

Close call for either #2 or #5.

#2 - In effect this totally cost them and put them one day behind. At that point it really would be a perfect "Not So Move" for the episode.

#5 - Having the time to get as much detailed information that they could get, they gave up with just getting general information, and the team that was edited to be one of the unfriendliest team of the final 3 ended up getting the most detailed information by being patient and nice to those waiting for the flight back to those passanger's home town.

So, even though #2 cost them the entire race, I think #5 is the "Not So Move" that gave us a stagard 1-2 finish instead of a foot race as in the prior 2 races.

My vote is #5.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-25-03, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Thirteen"
Needless to say...choice is #2. I think they broke a record.

----------- Bye!! ^O^---------

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-25-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "#2"
Huge mistake.....This deep in the race and they haven't learned to check every possible flight.....They were only a day or so from the end.....Dumb.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-25-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "#2"
Just plain dumb.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "#2 (but of course)"
This one is obvious and easy, but let's examine them all, shall we...

1. Just more of the sheer luck C/R had throughout this race. This would be a strong candidate... IF they had really been disabled/hurt.

2. They didn't even finish. They were stopped in Hawaii, more than 24 hrs. (by my estimate) behind the other groups.

3. The only reason I don't vote for this is because K/J did catch back up to C/R. But this was indeed a bad thing.

4. They were on the same plane, and *JUST* four rows behind R/C. I guess this is a half-empty/half-full type question. I do give R/C kudos for asking for the front row seats.

5. This wasn't so bad for K/J as it was good that R/C *did* do the research.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-25-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "#2"
was a major goof.

#5 was sloppy, more of a minor goof.

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

cmanly 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmanly Click to send private message to cmanly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "#2"
Definitely...just like the clowns a few weeks ago, a bad decision (or more, a lack of research) in the airport will completely take you out of the game. In this day and age, you have many options (I even remember seeing some Internet stations at some airports) of researching all flight options before making a final decision.

Busco Man 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Busco%20Man Click to send private message to Busco%20Man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Not so big a surprise."
Before getting to the real goof, I'd like to put in my two cents:

1. Dang lucky not to flip the vehicle and get injured (along with the camera crew). Since end results are the only thing that counts, this ain't so bad.

2. This was truely awful. Although their interview gave a decent reason for it, still, never, never,never commit until you've checked everything out.

3. This is why Kelly should not be your pick as a teammate. She kept telling Jon to look at the screens (like Reichen and Chip did) but didn't even try to stop him. Sho' nuff, they jump on the wrong tran and she's gritchen at him. Too late, sweetheart. If something is that important, you force Jon to stop and listen. Not go along with da flow, den b#tch later.

4. Minor, since the flight out of Hilo might've been full and they could've been stuck. Good call by Kelly (a rare moment indeed).

5. I don't agree with the premise of your question. It appeared that Kelly 'n Jon asked a lot of people, they just didn't get the kind of info that Reichen 'n Chip did.

Overall, #2. After a brilliant run over the past six episodes, David (Metallica's James Hetfield's younger brother) and Jeff (Illigitimate grandson of Chico Marx) went back to their pre-India days and pulled this chestnut out of the fire and into last place.

Busco Man - who found out that Chico Marx was above Wilt da Stilt in the love 'em/leave 'em department. Note to Self: Take up da Piano!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "#5"
I would have gone with #2, but I figure that even if Dave and Jeff hadn't made that huge blunder, they would have screwed up in a different way, still landing in 3rd place.

Kelly and Jon knew that R/C had the address to the anchor. They should have doen whatever it took to make sure they had teh same info. Even if that meant spending their layover on the phone, looking for the info from Phoenix's chamber of commerce. It cost them a million bucks!

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-25-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Thirteen"

an IceCat original

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-25-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "#2"
Gotta be #2, but I feel for the Goats as it was a gamble. Chip and Reichen took a crazy airport gamble a few eps back and it paid off for them. Ya never know.

#5 was not a "Not So" move of the week but rather a "Way to Go" move of the week. Chip and Reichen knowing the exact address of the anchor made all the difference in this final stretch. It gave them the five or ten minutes they needed.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-28-03, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "#2"
Singlehandedly made it a two way race

Neleh Dennis-Neilsen-Whatever - Somebody get this girl on Survivor All-Stars!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •