The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can we put this to rest now?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-23-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can we put this to rest now?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-03 AT 12:00 PM (EST)

Ah, editing.

An excerpt from an interview of Chip and Reichen with the Advocate:

Tell me a little bit more about your relationship with Jon and Kelly, because they were at one point digging at you guys for being “fags” just to egg each other on. What was that about?

Reichen: When we went on that 26-hour train ride in India after the Supremes were eliminated, you know, we really made a close, close friendship with Jon and Kelly, and that was definitely not portrayed in the editing and in what the viewing public saw. You saw a fraction of the funny jokes going back and forth, and one of the regrets I think I have from the editing was that it didn’t show this amazing, really funny friendship that we had developed with Kelly and Jon. I mean, the gay jokes were flying every five seconds—if you could have really seen how it was, I think it would have been so fun and humorous for the viewing public. But they were trying to make out like we had a rivalry, which really wasn’t the case. It was so fun shooting these jokes back and forth. We were constantly telling Jon how pretty he was and how gay he was and reminding him how gay he was and, you know, he would come back with the gay jokes. We had so much fun. It really wasn’t a rivalry at all. It was great.

Chip: It was a flirtation.

Reichen: It really was a flirtation.

Chip: Like brothers kidding each other.

So by the time you were climbing face-first down the side of that tall building in Australia, and Jon was making cracks about not being beaten by the “fags,” this was part of an ongoing thing between you guys.

Chip: Absolutely.

Reichen: Yeah, I don’t know if you remember when we were in the airport and Jon looked at me and said, “Oh, Reichen, you have that pheromone smell that keeps me attracted to you”—remember that? By that time, even, it was so funny. Chip would get miffed because I would get distracted because I thought Jon was so funny, and it was flirtatious. I mean, I would laugh so hard when Jon would do that with me. I would, like, try to stifle my laughter to hold my and Chip’s team together. It was so funny and comical at that point. By the time I was rappelling down the building, calling him an asshole, it was so—funny.

** Edited to add lik to full article: http://www.advocate.com/html/stories/897/897_amazing.asp

Why oh why didn't TAR edit Chip & Reichen to be more likeable?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can we put this to rest now? managerr 08-23-03 1
 RE: Can we put this to rest now? qwertypie 08-24-03 2
 RE: Can we put this to rest now? MsShel330 08-24-03 3
 RE: Can we put this to rest now? PepeLePew13 08-24-03 4
   RE: Can we put this to rest now? FarmBoy 08-25-03 6
   RE: Can we put this to rest now? managerr 08-25-03 7
   RE: Can we put this to rest now? qwertypie 08-25-03 9
       RE: Can we put this to rest now? SurvivinDawg 08-25-03 11
 RE: Can we put this to rest now? FarmBoy 08-25-03 5
 RE: Can we put this to rest now? SurvivinDawg 08-25-03 8
 RE: Can we put this to rest now? L82LIFE 08-25-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-23-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
Ok that's good that they were asked about that. Even with the editing, most people seemed to realize that it was only them being fun. The chemistry between both of these teams seemed way too friendly for the two to have a serious rivalry.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-03, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
Thanks for the link to the advocate article. Very interesting.

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-03, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
Thanks for the interview link, the article definitely made them seem more likeable. Actually it was Chip that I didn't like, Reichen being too handsome to really hate. LOL
The question is would the tension of the race remain if they didn't use editing to make some teams look nasty. I think it would. I just wish CBS thought so.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-03, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
>Chip would get miffed because I would get
>distracted because I thought Jon
>was so funny, and it was flirtatious. I mean, I
>would laugh so hard when Jon would do that with
>me.

Just a thought... if there's *any* truth to the rumours that C/R are kaput because of something that happened in the game, this might be why. I haven't seen anything to suggest they're truly apart (or together) since the end of filming, but it's food for thought. Heck, I'm not even certain they were really married to each other, as CBS can twist things around.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-25-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
<I'm not even certain they were really married to each other, as CBS can twist things around>

Same thoughts here....They didn't seem to commit to an answer in the interviews.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-25-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
I've read too many TAR interviews so I can't pick up the exact quote, but they were asked by someone if they are still together, but Reichen was really evasive. Basically he said they aren't together, but they aren't broken up either. (Almost the exact quote) I do believe they are at the very least still living together/roommates.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
If you check out the link to the above and other advocate articles, they basically said that they weren't legally married according to the state of California but felt they were married before their friends, family and God.
The CBS executives listened to their heart felt plea and decided to include the 'married' moniker. I wonder if Chuck and Millie insisted on the 'virgins' label ;)

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
I haven't said anything to this point, because I am NOT trying to start another argument like the ones we've recently had in OT...

But I suspect that C & R moved to an "open" relationship (like hetero couples having an "open" relationship) where they can date other people.

They're not legally married in the US, of course (my thought was that they went to Europe and were "married" there) and I suspect that the show's producer/editors, again trying to make more of a social issue of this than was really there, were insistant on using "married" to describe C&R.

As to Millie and Chuck, I dunno if they are virgins or not, but after seeing them in TAR action, it would be appropriate if they were, n'est pas?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-25-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
Thanks for the post Spidey,

Reichen was much more vocal in the interviews. I wondered if CBS edited out a lot of his comments.

I am now scared of the power of editing!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
I figured that they were just joking around. I also thought the editors deliberately made it look like a bad thing to enhance the whole "gay" issue that the editors really made a bigger deal out of than was actually there. The editors absolutely wanted to make a social issue out of it, the rest of us were only worried about the actual Race (ya know, the whole PREMISE for this show?!?!?!)...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can we put this to rest now?"
Thanks for the link, Spidey. It proves what many of us thought all along, the teams were just having fun with each other.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •