The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christie and her quick fix"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaW 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-20-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christie and her quick fix"
Christie really wants a quick fix. I think that her being in the starting over house and being forced to deal with her issues on a daily bases is warring on her. She is so used to dealing with everything with quick fixes (like her addictions). She is having a hard time dealing with her issues and it shows with her irritated stance. In group settings she is use to being the center of attention, the life of the party. Every time someone new comes into play she has a hard time adjusting.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christie and her quick fix sharnina 03-20-06 1
   RE: Christie and her quick fix LisaW 03-20-06 2
       RE: Christie and her quick fix sharnina 03-20-06 3
           RE: Christie and her quick fix LisaW 03-20-06 4
               RE: Christie and her quick fix susan765 03-20-06 5
 RE: Christie and her quick fix MizJazmine 03-20-06 6
   RE: Christie and her quick fix JCSMOM 03-20-06 7
       RE: Christie and her quick fix tac_2 03-20-06 8
           RE: Christie and her quick fix SOWayz 03-21-06 9
               RE: Christie and her quick fix Juliejo 03-21-06 10
       RE: Christie and her quick fix MizJazmine 03-21-06 13
 RE: Christie and her quick fix sowatcher333 03-21-06 11
   RE: Christie and her quick fix MizJazmine 03-21-06 12
       RE: Christie and her quick fix sharnina 03-21-06 14
           RE: Christie and her quick fix MizJazmine 03-21-06 15
               WARNING - MizJazmine Cygnus X1 03-21-06 18
                   RE: WARNING - MizJazmine MizJazmine 03-22-06 19
           RE: Christie and her quick fix Dayum Yankee 03-21-06 16
 RE: Christie and her quick fix sowatcher333 03-21-06 17
   RE: Christie and her quick fix MizJazmine 03-22-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
Are you a friend of Christie's? On another thread you wrote that you hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks but that you had talked to her.

Just curious???

03-20-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaW Click to send private message to LisaW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
Family

03-20-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
Really!?! How does she feel about you writing about her on this forum?

03-20-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
She is really funny and laid back. I'm sure she is getting a chuckle out of it. I have to say when I've been watching Christie she is very angry and I hope she can get over this hump. Her quick fixes can't work anymore. Christie seems to be on the right track. I hope she gets passed the wall she's built up and works through her issues. Does it look like she wants a quick fix? Like just give me the answer so I can do it. I don't want to work through things or deal with others issues?

susan765 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susan765 Click to send private message to susan765 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
Of course she wants a quick fix. She went thru medical detox. Didn't go to a rehab center where she would be forced to deal with her addictions. She doesn't go to meetings unless forced to. She wants the greek gods from above to wave a magic wand and make her skinny, beautiful, and the life of the party.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
I guess I'm not really surprised that Christie wants a quick fix and wants "magical" wellness. I mean who doesn't? Isn't that just part of human nature? I think Christie is honest in what she feels. Looking at her history "feeling" seemed to be one if not the primary thing she was avoiding with her addictions. So I'm sure being sober, facing her addictions, and being smack dab right in the middle of all those "feelings" is not a happy place to be at all!

I did liked the exercise Rhonda did with Christie today. I thought Rhonda said some very powerful things to Christie and I'm not a fan of Rhonda's. It was also good to hear that Christie recognized the power she has given her mother over her life, and that she sees it and doesn't like it. I was glad to hear Christie acknowledge that. I thought there were a lot of good things said during that exercise.

JCSMOM 36 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JCSMOM Click to send private message to JCSMOM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
I agree,today was one of the best assignments I've seen in awhile---Christie even admitted in group that her secret hope was to be happy and healthy WITHOUT doing the work and then she laughed, at least she was being honest---finally---I will be curious how this plays out--letting go (of blaming her mom) and trying to move on.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-06, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
From what planet is Christie from? Quick fix?

Honestly, NObody is that dumb. No, I just think she's lazy, self-absorbed, rude, dishonest, manipulative, and comes across as if she's not fully awakened from a coma.

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-21-06, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
Having Cassie there forces Christie to get real. Christie is totally deluded about her addictions, and she feels that she can control them. Christie is in la la land, she will spiral down.

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-21-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
I agree she is lasy, self-fish, self-centered, rude, impatient, judgemental and wants only what is easy. Sorry life doesnt come with an Easy botton.

03-21-06, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
JCSMOM...I'm looking forward to how this all works out with her mom also. I like Christie but I haven't quite figured out in totality why. But I think in part it's because I see a lot of her pain and frustration has to do with a real love for her mother and IMO she's sincere about it. Even though she's angry, I don't see Christie as being vindictive. I don't see Christie wanting to hurt her mom. She just wants her mom and all that that entails in a real childlike way. She may never get that because she can't save her mom. She can only save herself. At least that's what I'm getting.

I have to give Rhonda her props! She's really in her element with Christie. I also think Cassie is a very good example of success in sobriety for Christie. To me Cassie really epitomizes how in living a life of sobriety everything doesn't just happen or fall into place but you have to really work for it, and even then there will disappointment. But through it all Cassie maintained her sobriety and no matter what Christie faces she can do the same. (Yay Cassie! )

To me Cassie's story before sobriety soooo parallelled Christie's mom's lifestyle that I was hoping Christie would make the connection and I think she did. I hope Christie really takes to heart when people share their testimony of sobriety with her. IMO that's a real gift of love when people open up themselves and and become transparent like that. It's not a small or cheap thing...not by far.

sowatcher333 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sowatcher333 Click to send private message to sowatcher333 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-06 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

Not only does she want a quick fix button - which is fine to admit - but she is making a pattern now of being a bit** when she feels like it by saying she doesn't like or approve of how this person is or that person is...how they're not behaving to her liking.

Kim wants the information on her mother and Christie doesn't feel like doing it or feels Kim is "bugging her" and not behaving to her liking? Christie gets to be a bit** to Kim.

Christie doesn't like Cassie's personality? Okie doke. Christie gets to be a bit** to Cassie.

Christie doesn't like the way Kim responds to Christie or won't "take her advice and input"? Christie gets to be a bit** to Kim.

She knows she's being a snot. She says so in confessional, and explains why she is righteously "justified" in being a snot.

So because she feels like it, common courtesy is out the window. Entitlement, rudeness and justification at its worst.

All righty. I've got it now.

If this show hadn't gone off track, it would be helpful to the women to be called on this behavior as they might have been in the first or second season. From the time Jill set the standard in being rude to Kim, it paved the way for every other housemate to perpetuate this behavior at their choosing. What a shame.

03-21-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-06 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-21-06 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

Ohhhh puhleeeeze! Christie was just in her "stuff". Christie's response to that assignment really didn't have anything to do with Kim in terms of deliberately trying to hurt Kim. To me Christie always seems to "sink" when she has to deal with her mother. I guess somebody elses pain was just too much for little Miss VICTIM Kim to comprehend and empathize with. Ohhhh noooo couldn't do that could she? Instead petty anny passive aggressive Miss VICTIM Kim made sure to return the favor to Christie for what she thought was a slight against her. The only problem was Christie really wasn't trying to hurt Kim. It was Christie's pain about her OWN mother that was blocking her in that assignment - nothing to do or about Kim IMO.

To Christie's credit she hasn't been the one running all over the place with VICTIM tatooed on her forhead..."I feel attacked"..."they just don't understand"...making people feel on edge in the house because of her anger. Considering the fact that her roommate is little Miss Victim Kim who has done just that! At least Christie has enough respect for the other hg's to not let her "stuff" pollute the house like little Miss VICTIM Kim or I think we'd be hearing about it from the other hg's or they're doing some really good editing. Also Christie knows she has a problem judging and she's working on it or maybe she shouldn't be allowed to do that because it might somehow affect little Miss Victim Kim.

One last note, I don't believe for one minute that Jill set some kind of standard for the women to be rude to Kim. Why? Because Kim met all the women in that house that she's living with right now (with the exception of Cassie)at the same time Jill did. Kim had as much opportunity to make friends with these women as Jill did...but no...wait...that can't be true...because KIM'S A VICTIM and she doesn't have to be responsible for ANYTHING...yep that's it...blame everybody. Yep that's the road to healing...

03-21-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
MizJazmine writes;
>One last note, I don't believe
>for one minute that Jill
>set some kind of standard
>for the women to be
>rude to Kim. Why? Because
>Kim met all the women
>in that house that she's
>living with right now (with
>the exception of Cassie)at the
>same time Jill did. Kim
>had as much opportunity to
>make friends with these women
>as Jill did...but no...wait...that can't
>be true...because KIM'S A VICTIM
>and she doesn't have to
>be responsible for ANYTHING...yep that's
>it...blame everybody. Yep that's the
>road to healing...

I guess I just don't get how it's okay for Christie to be a "victim" of circumstances of her own creation - alcohol, overeating, choosing surgery, chosing reconstruction. She wallows in this and blames her mother and everybody else for her problems. And then there's Kim who is the victim of circumstances thrust upon her by a selfish, self-absorbed mother and an abusive, somewhat psychotic father and somehow she is supposed to just buck up and get over it.

She is a victim. And other posters have stated-she needs to stop being a victim. But that just doesn't happen overnight. And I've said before that Kim is the ONLY SO HM that has followed through on every single assignment given to her in her effort to stop living like a victim on the defensive. She shows a clear desire to become a better woman, wife and mother.

03-21-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-06 AT 10:02 PM (EST)

sharnina...Both Christie and Kim came through broken people and as a result they themselves are broken in DIFFERENT ways. It just seems to me that nobody else's pain is even remotely considered on this board because it's all about Kim. Kim is the bonified VICTIM of the SOH on this board. To me that's just not the case. Christie's pain matters to me, as does all the women in the SOH and not just Kim's. Besides this is a thread about Christie and not Kim.

Kim is not the only person who has followed through on every assignment in the house in an effort to reach her goal. Kelly, NuLisa, and I think Jodi have all recieved steps toward accomplishing their goals. Christie hasn't recieved any steps, and to my knowledge neither has Kim. But because of some kind of "magical status" I feel like you've given Kim maybe to you she's the "ONLY SO HM...". I honestly don't know.

Where we differ is that yes I am in the camp that says Kim was a victim, but she is no longer one. She is a Survivor of abuse. I never said Kim was just suppose to get over it. As a matter of fact I stated just the opposite in response to you in another thread, but you never replied back. As quiet as it's kept, I think Christie's mom was abusive and possibly/probably still is.

To me Christie is resistant more than anything, but I'm looking at her in terms of having just come out of rehab to the SOH - broken. Kim came from a loving husband and a beautiful son not to mention personal accomplishments into the SOH - broken. I have an expectation and a hope for Christie just like I do for Kim and I'm not going to put either's pain over the other. But right now I'm supporting Christie in a Christie thread. Does Christie's pain even matter to you?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "WARNING - MizJazmine"
You were doing fine with being in disagreement until here:

I have an expectation and a hope for Christie just like I do for Kim and I'm not going to put either's pain over the other. But right now I'm supporting Christie in a Christie thread. Does Christie's pain even matter to you?

It matters to me that you don't confront posters in that manner. You could have put that another way; you've been around long enough to know better.

03-22-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: WARNING - MizJazmine"
Cygnus,

Okay...Thanks for pulling my coat!

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-06, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dayum%20Yankee Click to send private message to Dayum%20Yankee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
I totally agree that Christie has no desire to work on her problems, no desire to work on her hate towards her mother and no desire to take care of her own body. She is lazy and does want a quick fix. She is "pissed off" at everyone and everything all the time, not just Kim, although Kim does push her buttons more than the others or the editing is done in such a way that we don't see Christie being a total bit*h to the others like she is to Kim. She is fighting every single assignment put on her. I agree, her reluctance to do the assignment with Kim had more to do with her own feelings towards her mother than it did with Kim but she had no right to sabotage the entire assignment like she tried so hard to do when it affected another person also.
I liked Christie in the beginning but now I'm having a real hard time finding compassion for her because to me, she just doesn't seem to WANT the help or DO the work needed to heal. She seems to be getting heavier all the time and so dangerous considering the surgery she went through. She's one person that really needs to accept the past and start taking steps forward. She doesn't have to like the past or like her mother or her mother's faults but at some point, she will have to accept it if she is going to get healthy physically and mentally.

sowatcher333 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sowatcher333 Click to send private message to sowatcher333 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
MizJazmine - I'm not saying that Kim is the only victim in the house. What is bothering me is the fact that Christie announces the behavior in confessional that she doesn't like in someone and then justifies being rude and a bit** to that person. That would bother me if Kim were doing it, Jill, any one of them. I've just had my personal fill at the moment in real life with people who choose to be snotty, just because they can or just because they feel like it.

I'm seeing a pattern with Christie of saying what she doesn't like in someone and then that, to her, gives her license to be rude to them. That, to me, is different than someone who is behaving in a manner that isn't "acceptable" or desirable, but they don't really recognize their behavior or aren't aware of it. Very different.

It's a very different story to me when someone makes the decision to treat someone rudely because they feel like it or disapprove of something about someone else. Totally uncalled for.

I've seen her do it with Kim and now Cassie. Those happen to be my examples that come to mind of an issue I'm discussing, not that Kim is more or less of a victim that Christie.

03-22-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Christie and her quick fix"
sowatcher333...I hear what you're saying but I don't think Christie is discriminating in her behavior. I remember when Christie went to the Passages(?) group. She immediately judged those people. Rhonda called her on the carpet about that. I thought that Christie admitted then that her judging people was a defense mechanism, because of her own insecurities.

I remember Christie saying something that I thought was very outta line to Kim but that was like in the first week she came into the SOH. After the co-assignment and it's fallout, I haven't seen Christie having that kind of behavior with Kim. Yes she's still judgemental, most recently with Cassie, but I also saw a much quicker turn around time in her ownership of the behavior and her treatment of Cassie. To Cassie's credit she didn't take any of Christie's behavior personal (GO Cassie ).

I think Christie is getting it when it comes to this part of what she's working on. It's gonna be a while before she has it down pat, but that's to be expected. At least that's what I'm seeing....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •