The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jodi's goals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-19-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jodi's goals"
Jodi is 38 and her goal is to deal with the idea that she won't have children? (This is a spinoff of a comment in a Jodi thread about her weight)
-She came into the house saying quite a bit about her relationships with her parents and then she worked on the idea of dealing with her father.
-She mentioned the abortion and has dealt a bit with the grief and talked some about why she didn't have a child when she had the chance.
-Now she's on the health/weight/looks track and Dr Stan has mentioned relationships to her.

I was going to post that I had no idea why they were doing these things with her but now I think I get it. It's similar to Jill's path of fixing the father relationship so she can fix relationships with men, so she can create a family of her own.

The brain freeze for me is that Jodi seems to think she past the idea of family but she's really not too old to have one. I've been in a nerdly business with plenty of late bloomers who marry in their late 30's early 40's. Maybe it's not the norm, but I don't think she has to go out and get 10 cats or a bed in a nursing home, either.

I don't know if she has medical issues that prevent her from conceiving naturally but it didn't sound like that was what she was saying was the problem. She made it sound like she was just "past it" because she doesn't even know how to be close to a man instead of just have sex.

Am I on the right track or is anyone still watching the show?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jodi's goals JustBNMe 03-19-06 1
 RE: Jodi's goals eire_heart74 03-19-06 2
   RE: Jodi's goals Zoey 03-20-06 3
       RE: Jodi's goals tac_2 03-20-06 4
           RE: Jodi's goals redsoxfan 03-22-06 9
 RE: Jodi's goals snowflake2 03-21-06 5
   RE: Jodi's goals lovemydogdude 03-21-06 6
       RE: Jodi's goals pickleme 03-21-06 7
           RE: Jodi's goals petmama 03-21-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-19-06, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jodi's goals"
Jodi's goals are:

Look in the Mirror of Self
Peel Away the Mask
Connect & Receive
Get Moving

Nothing about having children or not having children or dating. I feel she needs to learn to deal with women before she deals with men or even contemplate children regardless of if she can biologically have them or would adopt. She is getting to where she will be too old to really give all she needs to to a child because she has a long way to go to fix herself. She is not honestly looking at herself and that is the first step. I mean she can't even look at a scale without whacking out and going into a tailspin for days.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-19-06, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jodi's goals"
The best gift she or any woman can give to a child is getting their head on straight before bringing an innocent into their wacky world. Once you have the responsiblity of a child, you don't get to just go off and go find yourself. Or have the choice of acting like a nut case without leaving major damage on the child.

Jodi doesn't even have a man or any true support system around her other than her mom. Check the mommy fanatsy at the door Jodi. She can't even admit what she weighs to herself. She really shouldn't be thinking about having a kid.

Having a kid shouldn't be an end all be all goal for anyone. You never know what and where your life might go.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 04:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jodi's goals"
Honestly, I think she is past her prime for child bearing, so to speak.

Many, many women have done this at her age or older but too many women think it's a given that they can put off child bearing. Then when they go to have children, pushing 40 or over, realize that conception will be harder at that age and may possibly require medical intervention. And this is not always feasable if you don't have the money.

Beyond that, I think she wants to work on herself first AND get into a loving relationship with someone. Both things take time and she probably realizes she's not getting any younger in this aspect.

Then there is the abortion, which I'm not sure how she felt about it at the time. She may have felt guilty OR like she was doing the right thing at the time - or both. However, now that she is getting older, I can see her conflicting ideas about what she did.

She could have a had a child that was however old now, and she feels she may never have that.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jodi's goals"
I honestly don't think Jodi wants children but it sure may have been an issue she dreamt up to get on SO. Out of all the women I've ever seen on SO Jodi's goals (and past profession) are the most mysterious. Why don't we know what she did for a living or even what she wants to do in the future???

And I hope it's just weird camera angles but, after todays episode, it looks to me like she's gained weight and gotten even flabbier during her time in the house.

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-22-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jodi's goals"
>I honestly don't think Jodi wants
>children but it sure may
>have been an issue she
>dreamt up to get on
>SO. Out of all
>the women I've ever seen
>on SO Jodi's goals (and
>past profession) are the most
>mysterious. Why don't we
>know what she did for
>a living or even what
>she wants to do in
>the future???
>
>And I hope it's just weird
>camera angles but, after todays
>episode, it looks to me
>like she's gained weight and
>gotten even flabbier during her
>time in the house.

Camera angles have nothing to do with it. Jodi has obviously gained weight. It was especially apparent during her father's phone call. Her thighs and upper arms were huge.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-21-06, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jodi's goals"
From the official SO website, under Jodi's bio:

Jodi
38, Atlanta, GA

Jodi wants to come to terms with not having children. She wants to develop a concrete career decision and start her own business.
----------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so these are the "goals" which brought Jodi to the SO House. So far we don't even know what Jodi does for a living, although she's made several references to how "successful" she is. No word on what kind of business she's looking to start.

Coming to terms with not having children? Does that mean coming to terms with having had an abortion? Does it mean that Jodi cannot have children?

So far it seems like Jodi's goals have been changed to "Reconnecting with Daddy" and "losing weight". (Jodi's coach is Iyanla and the Daddy thing seems like an obsession of Iyanla's.)

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-21-06, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jodi's goals"
>
>So far it seems like Jodi's
>goals have been changed to
>"Reconnecting with Daddy" and "losing
>weight". (Jodi's coach is
>Iyanla and the Daddy thing
>seems like an obsession of
>Iyanla's.)
>
I agree Snowflake..things sure to be changing this season. Their goals are so vague too. Today when Jodi met Cassie didn't she tell her she was there "to fill my cup?" What a generic statement..what with rum n coke? I agree with her newfound goals much more than the initial deal. She does need to work through her relationship with Dad, and lose weight..all the mumbo jumbo steps this season just seems pointless.

pickleme 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pickleme Click to send private message to pickleme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jodi's goals"
As far as I am concerned, Jodi's goals interest me not at all. She seems so self-absorbed and shallow and horny in an ugly, consuming way.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-21-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jodi's goals"
>As far as I am concerned,
>Jodi's goals interest me not
>at all. She seems
>so self-absorbed and shallow and
>horny in an ugly, consuming
>way.

Isn't it funny how some of the ugliest gals are the horniest? I'll bet it's because of Jodi's horniness that they put her in an all female workout environment. So she'd leave the men alone.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •