The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IC of Ep. 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-18-03, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IC of Ep. 6"
I really liked how some of this stuff was separated last week. This IC is a little confusing I posted the pictures that seem to be out there right now and in some sequence. They may very well have to hold their own weight in pounds on their shoulders until they drop or something to that effect. If that is the case, Rupert may be in big trouble.
Andrew Osten Rhino

Rupert - we see the other poles on either side. Suggestive that he is in the middle of his two Drakes such as Osten is?

Andrew's pics and we struggle then fall.

Christa's pic. Notice no one on either side and I detect on our left what appears to be one pole on the ground in the back right behind Jon's legs on the stump and what is curious is to me are those tree looking stumps in between. Jon's looks normal but Trish's doesn't. They seem to separate each contestant so I wonder if it is a straight line of people and the order is Andrew/Osten/Rhino Shawn/Rupert/Christa and Christa is the last one standing of her group

Rhino who looks very happy here. The other poles are visible with sandbags left on them to either side of him and they could be Andrew's and Osten's who have already dropped

We assume that there would be a stand off between Rupert and possibly Osten but why does that have to be ESPECIALLY if they are holding their own weight in sandbags. I would think that Christa/Andrew/Rhino would fare better then but since Rhino seems to be a little more buff perhaps than Andrew (and lord knows I can't determine if A or R weigh more)and definitely more than Christa (but Christa could last longer because her sandbags aren't as heavy as the others) Rhino could last the longest.

Immunity weighs on two Survivors, who must carry the fates of their tribes on their shoulders

Perhaps the two left are Rhino and Christa?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 rose 10-18-03 1
   Ryans Celebration mavsfan 10-18-03 2
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 LilNik8 10-19-03 8
       RE: IC of Ep. 6 Loree 10-19-03 9
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 MattyMax 10-18-03 3
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 - Where's Shawn pmspml5 10-23-03 45
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 big idiot 10-19-03 4
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 KObrien_fan 10-19-03 5
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 BeerNuts 10-19-03 6
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 VerucaSalt 10-19-03 7
 Another clue to the morgan victory MattyMax 10-19-03 10
   RE: Another clue to the morgan vict... Jims02 10-19-03 11
   RE: Another clue to the morgan vict... SmilinNSide 10-19-03 12
       RE: Another clue to the morgan vict... MattyMax 10-19-03 14
           RE: Another clue to the morgan vict... SmilinNSide 10-19-03 18
   RE: Another clue to the morgan vict... I_AM_HE 10-19-03 17
 Just a thought... Ajenda 10-19-03 13
   RE: Just a thought... MattyMax 10-19-03 15
   RE: Just a thought... VerucaSalt 10-19-03 16
       RE: Just a thought... KObrien_fan 10-19-03 20
       RE: Just a thought... Magic Fingers 10-19-03 22
           RE: Just a thought... BeerNuts 10-20-03 31
 Last person standing, RINO wins it ... O2dawg 10-19-03 19
   RE: Last person standing, RINO wins... VerucaSalt 10-19-03 21
       RE: Last person standing, RINO wins... frisky 10-19-03 23
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 JLude 10-20-03 24
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 BeerNuts 10-20-03 32
       RE: IC of Ep. 6 JazzyJax 10-20-03 33
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 O2dawg 10-20-03 25
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 JLude 10-20-03 26
       RE: IC of Ep. 6 O2dawg 10-20-03 27
           RE: IC of Ep. 6 VerucaSalt 10-20-03 28
               RE: IC of Ep. 6 oddout 10-20-03 29
                   RE: IC of Ep. 6 Blow by Blow 10-20-03 30
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 Acawap 10-20-03 34
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 Spidey 10-20-03 35
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 1unatic 10-20-03 36
       RE: IC of Ep. 6 Acawap 10-20-03 37
       RE: IC of Ep. 6 VolcanicGlass 10-20-03 38
           Wow! I'm convinced! mavsfan 10-20-03 39
               RE: Wow! I'm convinced! BeerNuts 10-21-03 41
                   RE: Wow! I'm convinced! aethelstan 10-22-03 44
                       RE: Wow! I'm convinced! PhoenixMons 10-23-03 47
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 silentJ 10-20-03 40
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 nitafaisca 10-21-03 42
       RE: IC of Ep. 6 Bebo 10-22-03 43
           RE: IC of Ep. 6 pmspml5 10-23-03 46
               RE: IC of Ep. 6 pmspml5 10-23-03 48
                   RE: IC of Ep. 6 Brownroach 10-23-03 50
 RE: IC of Ep. 6 Oscirus 10-23-03 49
   RE: IC of Ep. 6 mistofleas 10-23-03 51
       RE: IC of Ep. 6 Nash 10-23-03 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-18-03, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Great chronology Veruca...

I've got this problem with trying to figure out which way this week is going with the IC. Last week I figured MB was completely misdirecting us with the Rup/Rhino hug.. But he fooled us.

The caps of Ryan could be one of two things:

1. Obviously meant to show celebration,

2. or, Ryan throwing a "damn, I tried so hard, but I just couldn't do it" fit. The only thing that seems to support this, is you would think the Morgans would be bumrushing him to have the big group hug..

No guesses.. MB really got me last week..

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-18-03, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Ryans Celebration"
As I Zoom in on Ryan's face as he pumps both arms to his sides, the look on his face clearly looks to me to be triumph.

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-03 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

>Great chronology Veruca...
>
>I've got this problem with trying
>to figure out which way
>this week is going with
>the IC. Last week
>I figured MB was completely
>misdirecting us with the Rup/Rhino
>hug.. But he fooled us.
>
>
>The caps of Ryan could be
>one of two things:
>
>1. Obviously meant to show
>celebration,

If you look into the last vidcap I believe, Rhino seems to be grinning to me. Then again he could have a smiley grimace.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
To me Rhino looks like he is happy and he is saying "YESSS" like people do when they have accomplished something.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-03, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-03 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

Alright, 2 teams of 3, plus 2 people to put sandbags on the people. 5 person challenge, Drake sits out Sandra. We don't see Shawn, but he's the third drake holding the weights. Rupert and Christa being the other two. hehe, Christa's obviously stronger than John. (Maybe we shouldn't have voted out burton...) John is one of the two weight stackers, along with Trish.

The weight stackers take the sand bags from a center pile. put them on both sides at the same time, to not throw the balancer off.
edit- after reading the other vidcap board, I want to add that It seems like the weight stackers only have to put two bags on a person one person at a time. It seems that Rupert is being loaded up while his neighor's is near empty. In fact, there are none to the right of him on the blue portion (which I might assume to be the area of the pole required to slide the rope onto). This will also eliminate the advantage the third person stacked would get if everyone had to be sandbagged at the same incriments.

I don't really think that if you fall, your sacks go to somebody else. I think it's a time trial, last man standing. There's no punishment for falling, except that your teammates will have to be loaded more frequently.

On the morgan, we see Osten, Ryno, and Andrew with the weights. We don't see Darrah and Tijuana, who are the ones hurting their teammates. (Notice how we never see a crew member play any role in a challenge? hehe, I like the effect, and no cameramen.)

But it does look like Ryno is very happy, look!

also notice how he's in the middle of the empty morgan circle. There are three poles of weights on the ground.

If you scroll down quickly it looks like Ryno is pumping his fist.

Yeah, this looks a lot like a morgan win, with hero ryno. (and the snake immagery on Drake doesn't bode well, but that's a different thread)

MattyMax

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-23-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: IC of Ep. 6 - Where's Shawn"
This is my first post so be nice - please. But it seems that Shawn must be to the left of Rubert - so with the shots of Christa - Shawn could still be in. I kinda think that Shawn loses it for Drake

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"

Here is my concern: why is no one hugging him if he JUST won immunity?

The original Morgan set up was:
Andrew on our left, Osten in middle, Ryan on our right.

In the "celebration" vidcap of ryan alone, his relationship to the box he should have been standing on does not seem to be right if he had just dropped the weights and jumped off the box.

So it looks like time has gone by...5 seconds or more should have been more than enough time for every one to run over and hug him.

Something may be amiss here...?

BI

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Here is my take on the IC for this week. Rhino is happy and doing his fist pumping off to the side and not being group hugged, because the group is currently rushing to hug Osten who has outlasted all the others to win IC. Osten is not shown in this challenge except at the beginning with no weights on poles. This challenge certainly fits Ostens strengths alot more then hanging onto a rope with a teammate on the other end. Pound for pound I have to believe Osten is the strongest. If they have to hold up weight based on body weight, then he clearly has the advantage over Rupert, Shawn, and Christa. I think the rest of it is see BS misdirection, especially showing Andrew laying on the ground after giving in.

Morgan wins IC for 3rd in a row...Drake sends ? packing, will decide in a couple more days

BeerNuts 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-19-03, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeerNuts Click to send private message to BeerNuts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Hmm, this pic makes me wonder:

To me, it looks like Rupert is the only Drake with bags on his pole. Could there be another part of the challenge in which the winning side gets to choose who to load up with bags for that round? Morgan knows Rupert is a powerhouse, and loads him up as quickly as possible to get him out of there.

Ryno might not be deemed as physically "dangerous" as Osten and Andrew, so he makes it to the end without too much of a load and wins:

Since most of the remaining Morgan members are rumored to go pretty far in the game, I think it makes some sense that they go to the merge with "near" equal numbers, which is more support for a Morgan IC victory.

10-19-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
We can already see that his other Morgans are done with whatever they had to do. Both poles are laying on the ground with the sandbags attached so FWIW, HIS people are done. If Christa is the last member of her tribe (see Jon and behind him there appears to be a blue pole on the ground behind him) Rhino and Christa could have been the last two people. Somehow though I feel like we are missing a big part of this challenge (sigh)

10-19-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Another clue to the morgan victory"
now, Veruca didn't pull these shots, but I'm pretty sure that they're from the challenge. I got them from the same survivorfever set.

This shot goes between the shot of Andrew struggling and Ryno jumping up and down. It seems to me to be rupert struggling...

now look at this shot, that was placed after ryno's fist pump, and right before the 'BETRAYAL' sequence.

Okay, this seems like a REALLY important shot. First, look at Rupert's hair. it is sweaty and matted the same way as it is in the 'struggle' shot. Look, the sweaty strings are almost exactly the same. But look, also over Rupert's left shoulder, you can see an uneven pole holding 2 bags. This is a post challenge shot, and rupert doesn't look at all happy..

Yeah, rupert unhappy post-challenge, ryno ecstatic....

MattyMax

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Another clue to the morgan victory"
I agree, MattyMax. We've been told a few times though that Rupert gets very tired after swimming, etc.

I agree with the above analysis. I think that the tribes have a contest where they are allowed to weigh down members of the opposite tribes in any order they want.

From Morgan, Andrew and Osten receive most of the excess weight. Rupert acknowleges Andrew as the leader and Osten as the strongest, so this would make sense.

On Drake, I see them weighing Shawn and Rupert down a lot.

If you just look at the numbers, it appears that Morgan has the advantage.

"Strong Men" types

Morgan: Osten/Andrew/Ryno
Drake: Rupert/Shawn

(However, Rupert is definitely strongest guy out there... but remember how quickly he tires)

The "Less Strong types"

(no, I'm not being sexist)

Morgan: Darrah/Tijuana (thank God they booted Lil)
Drake: Christa/Trish/Sandra/Jon

Interesting point: Do we see any vidcap evidence of Trish, Sandra, Jon, Darrah, or Tijuana holding up poles? If so, we might have a 3 on 3 challenge (with others as loaders) consisting of

Ryno/Andrew/Osten vs Rupert/Christa/Shawn

(I think Drake would logically pick their strongest female, Christa, as the 3rd person)

PhoenixMons rocks!

SmilinNSide 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-03, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SmilinNSide Click to send private message to SmilinNSide Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Another clue to the morgan victory"
I am thinking more that that is rupert at their camp. Notice the sand. In the other pictures they seem to be further into the island with no sand.

10-19-03, 06:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Another clue to the morgan victory"
I think that your argument is why this shot didn't make it into this thread. It does look like rupert is at camp. (I think the darling Veruca may have associated it with the 'betrayal' portion, too)

but this challenge also takes place where the beach meets the jungle. And if he were at camp, then why don't we see any other structure, other than the sandbagged poles we see at the challenge.

Also, Notice his hair is sweated in the exact same way, he is wearing a bracelet in this shot and the challenge shot, and his shoulders are very red and sore.

Even if you're right, that this shot is at the camp, I still think it points to a Morgan loss.

His hair is still gross like this in the 'betrayal' sequence with Shawn. Because of the unwashed hair, I have to assume that this shot was taken after the challenge, and pre-TC, which is a time-slot almost always completely the dedicated to the scheming of the losing tribe, which would also make sense because there is some strange scheming going on in this sequence.

MM

SmilinNSide 7 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SmilinNSide Click to send private message to SmilinNSide Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Another clue to the morgan victory"
Don't get me wrong I think that yours is a great idea. I just like to keep an open mind about things. If you look at the web promo, I go to TDT for it because I can blow it up with real one player, you see a shot of Shaun coming out of their shelter. Anyway the limb in the backround is what makes me think it is a camp shot. That and maybe I think that the Morons don't deserve another win...

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Another clue to the morgan victory"
interesting about "betrayal" MM...what if Drake fears, from what they saw last ep, Rupert being too close to Morgan, and decide to vote him out? if your above speculation is correct about the two loaders being able to put bags on one person at a time, and in whatever order they like, they could intentionally load rupert up to get him out quicker

jon, trish, and shawn might all very well want rupert out, but could they get sandra or christa to join them? seems unlikley (especially if christa is the last standing and appears to be trying her hardest to stick it out)

even if they don't intentionally ruin rupert's chances in the IC, "betrayal" could still very well point to a rupert boot when Drake loses

Ajenda 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-19-03, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ajenda Click to send private message to Ajenda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Just a thought..."
Has anyone else noticed the one-sidedness in the type of challenges that have been occurring in relation to the type of players on each tribe? Almost all of the challenges have been extremely physical and there have even been 2 strongmen competitions(including the next episode). Are these not perfect for Drake, who has(or had) a tribe with seemingly stronger members? Let us not forget the Burnett favourite, Rupert, is on this tribe...perhaps he is trying to prolong Drake's ability to keep him safe by having challenges that would likely avoid Drake going to TC because of their (or Rupert's) immense physical strength?? Also note that many of the challenges, more so than normal, have been water challenges. And which tribe has the weak swimmers? Morgan. Can anyone else see this link and does it mean something, or am I just pointing out the obvious?? (please be nice, I'm relatively new here )

10-19-03, 07:05 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Just a thought..."
I disagree with you, and I totally agree with you,

I agree that the Producers have been selecting the challenges to favor certain teams. But I also think that in this case, the challenge favors Morgan. , EPB is spiting Drake for throwing a challenge and voting off its strongest members. Morgan is able to put up 3 strong men, while Drake could only put up 2 (Shawn, and Burton).

It's strange how there've been no mental challenges, but at least no godawful fish-sorting or weaving.

welcome to the boards!

mm

10-19-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Just a thought..."
Kisses MM you are just as darling (which may not be a good thing) I agree with your thoughts. Rupert and Shawn SHOULD only be "shaking hands" if they have reason to and why would anything like that have to be done if they are not visiting TC plus they are still in daylight and Rupert's appearance looks to be like he just went through the IC.

ajenda welcome to the club and this place is extremely nice; it would have to be the way they are so nice to such a stubborn gal as myself

Actually ajenda your point is valid which is EXACTLY why I think this challenge is actually HURTING those who are stronger hence making it a challenge that Drake could lose.

The sandbags are obviously not equal amongst the people that are competing which is why I do lean towards them having to "carry their own weight" or some fashion. This certainly would be more difficult in the long run for those who do weigh more and there must be SOME reason that some have a bigger load to carry.

Again, the formation appears to be A/O/R and S/R/C. This could be a best out of three scenario; considering that Rhino and Christa are the ends as well as Rhino's pic showing other poles on the ground and Christa's shot with a pole/bags laying behind Jon, (we wouldn't be able to see Shawns) it would appear that Rhino was the final victor who outlasted Christa.

Now HOW the order of the bags is still riddling me since if they are adding bags in a rotation, Rupert would not be burdened with all those bags with none appearing on the other poles

But considering the shots and the pics of Rupert and Shawn (who at the very least are discussing SOMETHING that merits a handshake) it is more likely that Drake is going to TC.

The big question is whether stunning confessions, brazen betrayals with a dose of perhaps a big lie are all intertwined

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Just a thought..."
Here is another thought, maybe each tribe has the same number of bags total sitting on ground. After an elapsed period of time, the loaders pick up the number of bags Jiffy instructs them too, and can load them evenly on any of the 3 on their team.

After more time passes, the loaders add more bags etc etc til they are all hanging, but not necessarily equally. The key is to have the last player standing to win II. I could easily see Rupe telling his tribe to load him up, to take the weight off Christa and even Shawn.

They don't show Shawn, and barely show Osten in this challenge, but I really think that Osten finally is favored in this challenge and will win it for his team.

Rupert goes this week...but watch out for the twist when he is the leader of the "ghost tribe"...

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Just a thought..."
OK here are my thoughts on the IC. I can see the 3 players on each side having to hold their own weight on their shoulders. As soon as one of the players can no longer hold their weight, it gets put on someone elses shoulder until there is one player on each side and they "weight" (sorry I couldn't help myself!) it out.
I think they want us to think Ryan is happy but I believe it is just a moment in filming that they could make it look like a grin. They show Rupert in the process of dropping his pole of weights to make us think he is giving up, but I think he is dropping it as the last one standing.

Magic Fingers

10-20-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BeerNuts Click to send private message to BeerNuts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Just a thought..."
I don't know, it looks like the other two Drakes are in place when we see the shot of rupert loaded with bags - look at the left and right and you can see their (empty) poles. Rupert is in the middle.

In the shot of them loading up Christa you cannot see a pole on either side of her, implying that Rupert is no longer in play. If she then had to take up the weight Rupert was holding, she'd be out instantly - something tells me that's not what happens..

I think the opposing tribe gets to direct who the bags get loaded on, which explains Rupert's early departure, and Ryno's victory (stronger players removed first).

O2dawg 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-19-03, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail O2dawg Click to send private message to O2dawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Last person standing, RINO wins it for MORGAN, Shawn gone"
OVERALL VIEW OF THE CHALLENGE
My best guess for the challenge would be that in each round, there will be an even number of sandbags placed for each team. There will NOT be anyone from the opposing team directing placement of the bags. If this were the case I believe that Morgan would definitely load Christa early and let her stand with them, while they started on the others..she wouldnt last long, or with many bags held.

WHERE THE SANDBAGS ARE PLACED;
The 2 tribe members placing the bags, JON/Trish for Drake, and T/Darrah for Morgan, choose where to strategically place the bags for their own tribe. Do they load up Rupert first and leave the other 2 until the very end, or give a few for each of them to hold throughout the challenge, to lessen Ruperts burden? The decision will be based on endurance and strength. The Morgan tribe may spread out the bags more evenly and this might prove to be a better strategy. Once a tribe member falls they are out, and the remaining placement of the bags fall on the tribesmates still standing.

We know that all 3 members compete right from the beginning as shown in the pictures.

As well as why we see that there are empty perches of the tribemembers who have finished, seen behind Christa and Rhino. The teams have chosen to exhaust the stronger members first then leave the perceived weaker members to the last.(Unless Shawn is the final member for Drake, which could be possible, we havent seen him in the shots)

IF this challenge were just to be one person against one opposing tribemate, why would they have all 3 standing at once? They could just have each member step up when it is there turn to take over for the next round.

So I believe the fact that they are loading Rupert without putting any bags on Christa or Shawns' poles is a strategic move from Drake. JON may be making the decisions here about where to place the bags. And Jons decisions might be perceived to have cost them the challenge in retrospect by his tribemates

Here is the speculation on how I could see it playing out after TC, and why we see Shawn trying to make a deal with Rupert.

MISDIRECTION FROM THE VIDCLIP:
Jon may be seen as the reason for Drake losing the IC. Shawn may see this as an opportunity to protect himself at TC, knowing that Rupert might blame Jon for the loss. So he tries to make a deal with Rupert to oust JON.
(This is a big stretch about the conversation between Rupert and Shawn, Shawn could be using any excuse to try and ally himself with Rupert)

That Rupert would enter into a pact with Shawn is misdirection..
Rupert was shown as the person Burton headed to discuss strategy for ep4 and Michelle was shown with Rupert last episode, trying to save herself. Both of those people were the targets at TC.

Take a look at this picture of Shawn and Rupert...this is the first in the series.

LOOK WHO IS PRESENTING THEIR HAND FIRST!! It is Shawn, and Rupert does shake his hand.. begrudgingly

I think that Rupert knows that Shawn is going, and he is just playing him. Rupert will understand that Shawn cant be trusted with this late game maneuvering, and that Shawn will be a threat with the individual immunities. Remember.. alliances shown, NEVER work.
BYE BYE SHAWN

10-19-03, 09:21 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Last person standing, RINO wins it for MORGAN, Shawn gone"
nice dawg The bags are not evenly distributed which I attributed to their own weight being put on themselves. Whatever the amount is and the order it is done, it seems to indicate however with Rhino that he is one happy camper as the other bags/poles are down.

And to repeat myself and agree with your post, Rupert would have no reason to be approaching Shawn. You only do that when you feel vulnerable OR the person you approach carries some weight in the majority of the tribe. Shawn knows that he and Jon are hanging by a thread here and like the scenario with Rupert, I have high doubt that Rupert won't go back to his girls to let them know what is going on and like Burton also, he might have no intention of following through on their discussion.

Do I think Rupert is in danger. I think anyone like Rupert is always in danger but this ridiculous onslaught of hype this week makes me suspicious especially when, again, there is no logical reason that C/S/T should turn on him again. Wouldn't they want to go to merger with their alliance member who also happens to be a strong contender and allow nature to run its course and have him booted by the other people at merger?

Plus I can't resolve the bitterness of Michelle and Burton over Rupert and Christa so that makes me suspicious that Rupert would be the next person sharing housing with them.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Last person standing, RINO wins it for MORGAN, Shawn gone"
>which I attributed to their own weight being put on themselves.

Their pre-game weight or their current weight? We know MB likes to introduce a scale and/or mirror at some point, so that the survivors can see how emaciated they've become. It's a little early in the game for this, but he does like to do it. A weight-based challenge would give him an excuse.

JLude 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JLude Click to send private message to JLude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
I am thinking these shots are more misdirection. I have a hard time believing that MB would let a shot of the winning moment (Rhino proud of himself) get aired on the commercial. For Ep. 5 previews, they show Darrah gagging during IC, when she was the one who won it for her tribe. They also focused on Michelle chugging away at her concoction.

I'm thinking Drake wins IC.

10-20-03, 03:16 PM (EST)
32. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
They also showed Ryno and Rupert hugging in victory last week, which most people here second-guessed. Remember Occam and his razor. Not everything in commericials and previews is misdirection.

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Very true, they might not try to hide it this time as it is more dramatic to play up the Rupert double crossing angle.

10-20-03, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail O2dawg Click to send private message to O2dawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
JLUDE, you could be right. We still havent resolved why the rest of Morgan has not jumped on Rino in celebration.
But MB has given us the IC winners in the past, even Tammy as winner of an individual IC (S4)wearing the IC necklace in a promovidcap. And last ep he showed us Ryan jumping on Rupert with JP in the background, a giveaway that Morgan had won RC.
The prior episode showed Christa and Rupert looking dejected, confirming that Drake had lost IC.
Rino is definitely celebrating winning at least part of the challenge, if not the whole challenge.

JLude 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JLude Click to send private message to JLude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-03 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

>And last ep he showed us Ryan jumping on
>Rupert with JP in the background,
>a giveaway that Morgan had won RC.

True, but there was much to be speculated about the hug (good bye, congrats, thanks for teaching us how to fish, etc.)

>The prior episode showed Christa and
>Rupert looking dejected, confirming that
>Drake had lost IC.

I recall seeing that shot in the Episode as being during the IC and not after they lost.

edit: OOPS! You wrote Christa and Rupert, not Christa and Jon! My bad. I was thinking of the one shot of Christa and Jon sitting, with Jon putting his head on her shoulder.

10-20-03, 03:01 AM (EST)
27. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
JLUDE: You are right there was much speculated, INCLUDING that it was the RC win based on Rino jumping on Rupert. I guess I was going with my own impression, and that was that with JP in the background there was little doubt that this was from a challenge and that they had won. This was correct.
And my recall is that the pic of Rupert was at the end of the challenge, after Christa had completed and lost (we were given this in the vidclips). I believe this was correct as well.

I still stand by my belief that MB will give us a solid clue as to the winners of a challenge, ESPECIALLY when he can play the intrigue of RUPERT possibly being a traitor to try and lure in more viewers.

The only thing that has kept me from being 100% sure about this being the end of the challenge is that we didnt see his tribemates jump on him right away. So yes Jlude you could definitely be right. Come back and told me I told you so, if you are right, ok?? cheers!

10-20-03, 07:52 AM (EST)
28. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Part of the reason I questioned the RC hug from last week is that all the Morgans weren't piled in a hug. If Rhino just got done (and we do see the other poles/bags on the ground) and he is doing his little "yes, I did it" reaction, we don't know the time frame between his completing his task and Morgan coming up to him. The Morgan tribe could be coming over to him at the moment he jumps off.

I was one of the big debaters over that RC hug mainly due to the lack of everyone else hugging Rupert so I'm not going to get sidelined by the lack of the Morgans there yet?

Plus again, the bigger clue to me that Morgan wins is the talk between Rupert/Shawn. For whatever reason they are talking and shaking hands, why would this even occur if they won IC?

oddout 34 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oddout Click to send private message to oddout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Immunity weighs on two Survivors, who must carry the fates of their tribes on their shoulders

In the first part of the challenge, the survivors must carry their own weight. Then maybe after a certain amount of time. We go into a tie-breaker between Christa and Rhino where they "must carry the fates of their tribes on their shoulders". Meaning that the rest of their tribe must put their weight on Christa/Rhino's shoulders. What do you think?

who must carry the fates of their tribes on their shoulders

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-20-03, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
I'm pretty sure the voiceover or on-screen text is being nice and literal this week, just like last week.

Gut wrenching finish - yep, that's what we got. Literally gut-wrenching, also figurative.

Fate resting on your shoulders - yeah, that's what the challenge pics show. Literally on the shoulders, and yeah, figurative too.

Why is everyone obsessed with the intricacies of the challenge? The outcome is what matters.

And, fwwiw, if I were on Drake I would want Osten to be the last guy standing for Morgan. He's shown a complete inability to handle the strain when the challenge is solely in his hands.

-P

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
After considerable thought on this, I still can't figure out why there'd be only 3 members from each tribe competing. Seems to me challenges involve as many players as possible, to avoid a team just using their ringers.

So here's my theory, for what it's worth:

3 people on the boxes with poles.
The remaining members (Tijuana and Darrah for Morgan, pick 2 for Drake) have to compete in a second portion of the game -- possibly pirate trivia or a puzzle. Get a question wrong, one of your teammates gets bags loaded on them. This makes it half physical/half mental.
You get to choose which of your opponents gets the bags when they miss the question.
Morgan decides to get rid of Rupert ASAP, so load him up. The others just stand there holding poles.
Rupert eventually goes down, as does Osten.
Shawn and Andrew are the next to fall, leaving Rhyno and Christa, Rhyno eventually winning.

Seems pretty logical to me, but my guesses have historically not been very good -- please blow holes in my theory.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"

From looking at this pic, it seems clear that Christa is the last Drake standing.

Rupert is the middle Drake, as evidenced by the pic of him with the 2 sets of empty poles on either side.

Notice the pole and sandbags laying behind Jon. Those must be Rupert's poles. Assuming the apparent Drake strategy of loading Rupert first, they likely pile up Shawn next and Christa is their last chance.

I can't imagine Morgan not winning this challenge, given the RyanO celebration pics. He is clearly jumping off his perch and Andrew and Osten's poles and bags are laying on the ground. The competition is over. He would be happy or sad. This is most definitely happy. If the Morgans are off to the side watching, it would likely take them a few seconds to get to Ryan to celebrate. Morgan so wins this one.

1unatic 47 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1unatic Click to send private message to 1unatic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
i'm thinking the rhino "celebration" is more of a "dammit we lost" thing. facial expressions often mean nothing

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
looking closer, this could be... The first pick shows him midair... like he's jumping off. But if he had just won, wouldn't the picture look more like Ruperts, with the pole falling as he's jumping down from the perch?

Maybe he just did something to break the rules and got disqualified, and is smiling because he just did something stupid.

Kind of like a "Damn I wish they hadn't put me on the Moron tribe!!" thing.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-20-03, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Wow! I'm convinced!"
This is the 1st time I've seen this video of Ryan jumping off and pumping his arms.

After viewing this I am absolutely convinced This is in Triumph.

Why isn't he being Hugged by the rest of Morgan? It's because he's just dropped the pole and jumped off the platform - Taking all of what? 1.2 seconds?

10-21-03, 07:54 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Wow! I'm convinced!"
Agreed. This is a happy boy.

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-22-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Wow! I'm convinced!"
As Spidey said:

He is clearly jumping off his perch and Andrew and Osten's poles and bags are laying on the ground.

I think this is the key here. Ryan has voluntarily let go of his pole and jumped off. You don't do that unless you've won.

Also, the betrayal talk can only be relevant if Drake is going to TC.

-aethelstan

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-23-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Wow! I'm convinced!"
Maybe I'm just nuts and missing something (which is entirely possible), but how do we KNOW that his jumping is voluntary? He is not DIRECTLY in front of the box when we are shown this jump/fist pump, so it doesn't (at least from where I stand) seem like he MUST be jumping directly off of his box immediately preceding this clip. Again, I don't have hte privilege of seeing all of the commercial footage that you all get to see (we usually only get the "next time on Survivor" clip and then the promo during the NFL game (nothing else). I've never seen this footage anywhere but here, so I'm basing it solely on what it looks like from the above posted video clip.

My first thought was that this was a "how could I be so stupid" reaction...he could easily have just jumped off in anger after he accidentally dropped his poles and was, therefore, out. We don't know (at least not from this one clip) what took place immediately before this "jump" and his face, while somewhat appearing to be a "grin" could also easily be a grimace. I have a concentration grimace that looks like a smile, but it is certainly NOT a smile

I don't know, I don't think it's as simple as saying that he obviously is victorious and that he obviously is voluntarily jumping off after said victory. I'm sure his body was tired...my first reaction, win or lose, would likely be to jump off and either celebrate of be POed at myself for losing...seems this footage could be showing either as we don't see anything but a fist pump and what may or may not be a smile.

Call me devil's advocate I guess?!?!

Boo!

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-03, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
It seems to me this is set up like the treading water challenge from Mole: Season II where the team has to decide where to put he weight and the weight bearers just bear it as long as possible. If this is the case, then logically Morgan wins. They have 3 strong men, Drake has 2 plus Christa. Probst has said that these teams learn it's a mistake to vote out the strong players first and losing this IC would be a direct result of losing Burton.

nitafaisca 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-03, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nitafaisca Click to send private message to nitafaisca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
I think the pics are leading everyone one way, and it's the complete opposite (or so I hope...I really don't want to see Rupert go!!) Last week, they showed Darrah almost throwing up and Michelle happy, yet Morgan won - while this week, they are showing Christa struggling and Ryan happy (as if he won!), so maybe these vidcaps are completely misleading and Morgan loses immunity. I just don't see Rupert & Co. losing an immunity challenge involving strength, even though most people think Osten can do this, he's shown us before that he's quite wimpy and gives up easily while Rupert wants to be in it for the long-run. Am I completely off on this one?

However, if they do lose, I see Shawn being booted out, not Rupert. He's the odd man out at Drake.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
I think the pics are leading everyone one way, and it's the complete opposite

Sometimes it is presented that way in the intros, but sometimes we are given a positive pic of the winner. An example was when Rupert was able to hold up Michelle in the sling. The pic included in the previews was Michelle giving a 'thumbs-up'.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

10-23-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Well here is my take - I think Rupert gets sweaty and is drying his hand - his pole slips and he's out. Then goes Christa - because I think Shawn is to Rup's left and the pic with Christa would not show him if he's still in. Christa out 2nd and Shawn - big ol Shawn looses to Ryan O. - Shawn gets voted out - or Rup cause he dried his hands

10-23-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
48. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
Also - I was just looking at it and it looks like Ryan is coming from left to right - but his box is on the right. So if he just jumped off the box - would he not becoming right to left? Just a thought.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
They've been known to reverse shots right to left.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
In what universe is Christa stronger than wrestler Jon

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
In what universe is Christa stronger than wrestler Jon

She is in the universe I live in. Standing in one spot holding up weight will take a good amount of leg muscle and Christa has that over Jon's chicken legs any day (and the fact that women generally have stronger lower body strength whereas men have upper body strength).

Jon may be a semi-pro wrestler but all that takes is dexterity and acting skills. Strength isn't necessarily a factor.

--isn't dissing wrestlers in general just pointing out that the type of wrestling Jon does is more WWF than Olympic

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-23-03, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: IC of Ep. 6"
I knew Jon was a wrestling fan but I thought he had something to do with erotic art as a career.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •