The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-22-03, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Chriechen takes home the $365,000 each (after taxes)? I hate it. And then to have them giving the "overcoming gayness" speech. It really seems like the only ones who take issue with their "gayness" is THEM. Did Zach strike a blow for all the "straights" by winning after dragging Flos butt all over the planet? No one thought they could win either. At least Chip and Reichen were a team for goodness sakes. What did winning the race have to do with being gay?

Maybe it was the editing.....yeah.....thats it....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! wildchickenhunter 08-22-03 1
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! SurvivinDawg 08-22-03 2
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Spidey 08-22-03 4
   Who Says They Split Up? CSHS79 08-22-03 3
       RE: Who Says They Split Up? ElroyJetson 08-22-03 8
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! smokester 08-22-03 13
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Spidey 08-22-03 15
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! KeithFan 08-22-03 18
 Yes! Yes! Yes! trigirl 08-22-03 5
   RE: Yes! Yes! Yes! wildchickenhunter 08-22-03 6
       RE: Yes! Yes! Yes! timbo 08-22-03 17
   RE: Yes! Yes! Yes! PlumBlossom 08-22-03 16
 RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! ginger 08-22-03 7
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! ElroyJetson 08-22-03 9
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! wildchickenhunter 08-22-03 10
       What a Gay Man Must Endure. trigirl 08-22-03 11
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! munson 08-22-03 12
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! wildchickenhunter 08-22-03 23
           RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! ginger 08-22-03 31
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Bebo 08-23-03 40
 RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! L82LIFE 08-22-03 14
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! timbo 08-22-03 19
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Spidey 08-22-03 20
           RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! timbo 08-22-03 21
 RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! FarmBoy 08-22-03 22
 RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! smokester 08-22-03 24
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Spidey 08-22-03 28
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Red Lady 08-23-03 37
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Coconut 08-22-03 30
   oh PAH-lese Esbea 08-25-03 42
 Still say they cheated Breezy 08-22-03 25
   RE: Still say they cheated FarmBoy 08-22-03 27
   RE: Still say they cheated diamond 08-22-03 34
 RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! managerr 08-22-03 26
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! AMAI 08-24-03 41
 RE: NO! NO! A Million Times NO! tarfam 08-22-03 29
   RE: NO! NO! A Million Times NO! TODDLJ 08-22-03 32
       RE: NO! NO! A Million Times NO! FarmBoy 08-22-03 33
   I am guessing anotherkim 08-23-03 38
 RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! MsShel330 08-22-03 35
   RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Efjendar 08-23-03 36
       RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO! Rothschild 08-23-03 39
           Interview trigirl 08-25-03 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-22-03, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Agree.
Another funny/ironic thought, That went on and on about them being married and gay. There final speech(thoughts) were about how great they were together. Perfect for each other and so on....they get there hands on a little cash and split up after being married less that a year....HUH....

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
I was thinking about their subsequent split as I listened to that finale speech, thinking something about the irony of it all....

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-03 AT 09:44 AM (EST)

That irony and my shameless glee in the knowledge of the subsequent break-up are the only things that kept me from wretching last night!

I sure hope Chip uses his money for some stress reduction and anger management lessons and Reichen uses his to buy himself a backbone.

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-22-03, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Who Says They Split Up?"
What makes you think they split up? Perhaps a sighting by someone
of one of them on a trip they won during TAR taken without the other?(Not sure if they won more than one)Is it beyond belief that after weeks of nonstop togetherness(24/7) they may have wanted/needed time apart?

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-22-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who Says They Split Up?"
Is it beyond belief that after weeks of nonstop togetherness(24/7)....

Uh, last I checked that was the definition of marriage. Better or for worse, thick or thin, etc. I wonder what the divorce rate is for gay marriages? I'd guess worse than for straight.

smokester 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokester Click to send private message to smokester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
what a bunch of hypocrites all of yous are. Does anyone speculate about anyone else's relationship status? all you can worry your shrunken little heads over is Chris and Reichen's marital state. gossip, gossip, gossip. Last I checked the series was called Amazing Race -- not the Newlyweds! I think me smells a double standard. More power to the winners! (bunch a sore losers....)

08-22-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Um, welcome to the forum, I guess. Did you notice the title up there? It's called BASHERS. This is what we do, for fun.

You might want to head on over to fanatics and start a Chip & Reichen love thread.

I can't for the life of me figure out how our bashing makes us hypocrites or where they double-standard is, but maybe the rest of yous guys can help me understand

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Um..yes we do speculate, bash, and mock other relationships. Because they are gay does not exempt them from that, and the fact that they throw the relationship in our faces hightens our responsibility to bring them down a notch.

Good for you if you like them. We all are entitled to our opinions, even though the PC crowd believes that everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as it is PC. I think I smell hypocracy.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-22-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yes! Yes! Yes!"
I was so glad that it wasn't Jon and his stick-of-a-fiance Kelly that won that I gladly put up with Chip's annoying speech.

What spoilers are there that they've broken up? I was checking for wedding bands, did they wear any during the race?

08-22-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Yes! Yes! Yes!"
There was quite a bit of this on the spoiler board. I just sent and looked again and it is there. Some of it just rumor, but then this is Bashers, so rumor is a s good as fact.

I don't think we have actually seen the divorce decree, which begs the questions.
Were they really married? If so, may be they are just separated.

timbo 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail timbo Click to send private message to timbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Yes! Yes! Yes!"

>
>I don't think we have actually
>seen the divorce decree, which
>begs the questions.
>Were they really married? If so,
>may be they are just
>separated.

While I am a lawyer, I know only the laws of my jurisdiction. However, I believe there are only two states in the United States which recognize homosexual marriages -- Vermont and Hawaii. No other state is required to recognize the marriage thanks to the Federal Defense of Marriage Act. This was one of the things that bothered me about them being labeled as "married," since in California, their state of residence, they are not considered married.

The problem as I understand it in those jurisdictions, is that the divorce laws were not changed. They still keep the terms "husband" and "wife" in the statutes. They have not, to my knowledge, yet been judicially interpreted to apply to homosexual couples as well. So basically, there's no "legal" way out of a homosexual marriage.

This is all based on knowledge that's at least a couple years old, so I could be totally wrong.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Yes! Yes! Yes!"
Yes, they did wear wedding bands during the race.

an IceCat original

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
The "gay people can do anything straight people can" speech made me grind my teeth. Who ever doubted two fit young gay men could not win this race? It is not as if being gay were the equivalent of missing a limb, for god's sake.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
It is not as if being gay were the equivalent of missing a limb, for god's sake.

No, just missing a gene!

08-22-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
10. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
It kinda brings a tear to your eye doesn't it....They have overcome soooooooo much.....

08-22-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "What a Gay Man Must Endure."
It kinda brings a tear to your eye doesn't it....They have overcome soooooooo much.....

LMAO!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Well, one of the things that gay people can't do that straight people can is get married.

It's all your perspective and experience, folks. Chip & Reichen probably experienced a lifetime of being told and believing that they were "different" and "not normal", that they were not equal with "normal" people.

Whether or not the boys felt persecuted during the race doesn't change the fact that they might have felt that way throughout their lives. Of course, I'm making some assumptions about the guy's mental health and self-esteem.

And it's not as if TAR hasn't fed the gay stereotypes in earlier versions. See Oswald and Danny. Or Joe and Bill for that matter.

Not defending the over the top comments just that I don't think they were as obnoxious as many of you think they were.

08-22-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
23. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, I don't know. They were pretty obnoxious!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
A large number of my gay friends loathed C&R and hated that "even gay people can eat squid competitively" type of comment.
(OK, they really loathed Chip. Reichen, as I understand it, was too pretty to actually loathe).

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
It's all your perspective and experience, folks. Chip & Reichen probably experienced a lifetime of being told and believing that they were "different" and "not normal", that they were not equal with "normal" people.

Whether or not the boys felt persecuted during the race doesn't
change the fact that they might have felt that way throughout their lives. Of course, I'm making some assumptions about the guy's mental health and self-esteem.

Excellent point. Since they were dealing with a group of strangers, they didn't know how those strangers would greet them knowing the truth. And given Jon's obnoxiousness, Kelly's whining about...everything, and Millie's equation of another culture's ceremony to "voodoo", I can see why they had good cause to be hesitant.

But to put my basher hat on, how do I really feel about them winning?
- Well, on the bright side, we got that gorgeous piece of eye candy named Reichen for the entire run of the show. I don't care if he's gay, he's quite delightful on the eyes, and since I'm only window shopping anyway, I'll enjoy the view thankyouverymuch.
- And I got to make fun over and over of how said gorgeous piece of eye candy could not pronounce cities (foreign or American) to save his cute little life.
- Chip's driving = BASHER HEAVEN. 'Nuff said.
- Reichen's comments about Chip's driving? Also Basher Heaven.
- Chip n Dale winning meant Kelly cried. It also meant that her comment the she hoped Jon would be eliminated because Jon was an asshole came true. Hands raised...am I the only one who enjoyed seeing a whiny girl cry?
- Dave & Jeff were non-existant for most of the show. I would not have been satisfied with an ending that had the invisible men winning it all. I thought it was way more appropriate that they ended the show the same way they started it...way far behind because they took a wrong turn.

I could go on, but then I'd have no material for my TSI. Oh yeah, I have to write another one.

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Ugh. Another TAR with a sucky ending.

Chip and Reichen were the last team I wanted to see win. I didn't care for their personalities. Chip was rude, insensitive and arrogant.

I have a bad taste in my mouth today.

08-22-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail timbo Click to send private message to timbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Chip
>was rude, insensitive and arrogant

The same could be said about Jon & Kelly. I could get by the "Millie the Mole" and "werewolf" comments, but the two of them laughing when Chip & Reichen spun out of control in Australia was crossing the line for me.

08-22-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
20. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Kelly screamed when it happened and then said "They're ok! Go, go!" As far as I could tell there was no laughter until they realized R/C were ok.

08-22-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Oh, ok. I was cooking dinner and I missed that detail.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
I never really believed that C/R were married. They just didn't act like it. They seemed to know each other as well as any pair of good friends, but not like people who've made a life-time commitment to some one. I think their "married" team label was a ploy for attention and/or ratings.

This is backed up by all the "look what the gay man can do" comments. They didn't speak with a lot of conviction.

I didn't believe it for a minute.

P.S. I found Reichen to be immature and Chip to be rude and selfish. They are not good representation of the community.
(Or maybe they are- and that is sad.)

smokester 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-22-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokester Click to send private message to smokester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
I don't remember any other team getting the grief they got as much as Chris and Reichen from that shrill little wench called Kelly. It was all she could do to set her sights on the gay couple in the race and not a peep about whoever was the frontrunner she should have been aiming at. of course the show producers chose to play up her remarks and fan the flames. It was like the big 200lb elephant everyone pretended wasn't there. there was definitely h-phobia going on spewing out of Kelly's shrieking maw every week and not an inconsdierable amount coming from the show producers choosing how they wanted to play out the rivalry. If Chris and Reichen needed to defend their sexual identities from the barrage of bs hurled at themm, then who the hell are you to judge em?

08-22-03, 04:31 PM (EST)
28. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
You obviously paid very close attention. His name is CHIP, not Chris.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-23-03, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
And I think elephants weigh more than 200 lbs, too!

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Whatever else you say, I agree 100% that Kelly is a "shrill little wench"

dudu 1998-2003

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "oh PAH-lese"
Kelly was WAY worse to Chuck and Millie. Were we watching the same show?
*Defending* ones sexual identity? Maybe we werent watching the same show.

''Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.''

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Still say they cheated"
They should have been penalized for flying business. I don't know if the rules say purchase or fly business isn't allowed but I think they were totally wrong for doing it. I don't care that the airline goofed and put them there, they were not supposed to be there.

Wanted to break my TV last night, could not believe it!!!!

08-22-03, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Still say they cheated"
Wondered about that....

If the Attendant said move....it must have been OK.
Could it have been because of the camera crew?

They (R/C) should have given the seats to other passengers.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-22-03, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Still say they cheated"
They are allowed to fly business (or first, or any other) class as long as they pay the price for economy tickets.

Excerpted from an interview with Zach (TAR3):

http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=40

In past seasons, we were led to believe that teams could not only not fly business class, but they also couldn't buy business class tickets. We were also under the impression that once tickets were purchased, they could not be changed. Then, comes the last episode of season three where you and Flo buy business class tickets, Teri and Ian insist on "fully refundable and changeable" tickets and Ken and Gerard were allowed to change their flights. Could you please clarify the rules? Was an exception to the rules made since you had to have the tickets to get into the airport and, thus, were buying them much further in advance from when you usually were? Or did we just misunderstand the rules?

Here is the deal. You can buy whatever kind of tickets you want – first class, business class, economy, refundable, non-refundable, it makes no difference. You may only FLY with economy tickets though. If you are given business class seats or upgraded for free, you can fly that way too. You can also buy as many tickets as you want, within reason. Eventually, we were told, our credit cards would max out. You can change your tickets as many times as you want before boarding a flight.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-22-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
It really seems like the only ones who take issue with their "gayness" is THEM. Did Zach strike a blow for all the "straights" by winning after dragging Flos butt all over the planet? No one thought they could win either. At least Chip and Reichen were a team for goodness sakes. What did winning the race have to do with being gay?

You answered your own question. To them, winning the race, had *everything* to do with them being gay. It clearly was a motivational factor for them in the race. One of their strongest assets (to me) that this team had was that they were extremely focused and competitive. If you believe the editing, they chip on their shoulder was in part because they were stereotyped and discriminated against for being gay.

Too bad, that for C/R they seemed to focus on it as being a weakness for them. In reality, it was one of their *strengths*.
Their message would have come across as more favorable if they had said it was something that they wanted to prove for *themselves* instead of us and the rest of the world.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-24-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
"If you believe the editing, they chip on their shoulder was in part because they were stereotyped and discriminated against for being gay."

Managerr, they were obviously bringing their experience from the world with them, and prejudging others as to how they would react to them, based on that previous experience.

Kelly said at the end, "When the chips are down..."

I reckon when the Chip's down, Reichen is a very happy lad.

tarfam 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-22-03, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarfam Click to send private message to tarfam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: NO! NO! A Million Times NO!"
The pushy homosexual agenda of CBS, Viacom and TAR makes me and my family sick, sick sick. It's time for TAR once and for all time to die, die die.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-22-03, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: NO! NO! A Million Times NO!"
Puh-lease. CBS is the most conservative, old-fashioned, fuddy-duddy network there is.

Amazing Race is a GAME, and CBS has no 'pushy homosexual agenda.' The only agenda they have is to get themselves out of the ratings basement they got themselves in by being conservative and skewing to old people.

If gays didn't bring ratings, trust me, they'd keep us off the air at every turn. They just want ratings, and this controversy brings ratings. So they picked two somewhat rude and arrogant gay guys who won the game. Now those gay guys just like to give their opinions to the press. It's called freedom of speach. Live with it.

(And by the way, your kids will certainly meet gay people sooner or later in this world. Why not teach them to love instead of hate and fear?)

08-22-03, 06:28 PM (EST)
33. "RE: NO! NO! A Million Times NO!"
Well said.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-03, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "I am guessing"
that you don't watch much NBC, either then, eh?

If you don't like CBS then CHANGE THE CHANNEL and please don't assume your narrowminded bigotry is even remotely representative of TAR viewers.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--it's really easy. See, I can scroll right by any future posts by tarfam and avoid further disgust

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-03, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
They say that they were proving that gay people can do anything yet they didn't tell anyone that they were gay until 2/3 of the race was over. If they were really trying to make a statement they should have said something up front.

I don't have a problem with their sexuality or think that they need to be a "credit to their group". My objection to them is that they (well, Chip at least)were nasty and rude pretty much the whole race. I didn't like Jon and Kelly either. The comment to the Korean cab driver is what put R/C ahead in the race to the pits with me, and probably with a lot of other people too. I actually kind of liked them until the last 4 or 5 episodes.

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-23-03, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
Was the same for me, MsShel. Chip was just nasty most of the time towards the end. Reichen was talking about trying to get things fun but I didn't see them having any fun. A few times, I thought Chip's head was going to explore.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-23-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: NO! NO! A Thousand Times NO!"
See the Advocate interview with Chip / Reichen for the real world. By the way, remember Zach's smile and wave to Drew, and the Portugese sailor / wonder who South Beach Jon sells real estate to ?? Curious !!!!

www.advocate.com

08-25-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
43. "Interview"
Great link. I think this is deserving of its own thread.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •