The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tie Votes in the Past Episodes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Me-Lissa 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 03:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Me-Lissa Click to send private message to Me-Lissa Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tie Votes in the Past Episodes"
MB is quoted as saying "In the case of “Survivor,” we have had tie votes—and they’ve all been resolved." (Source: http://www.msnbc.com/news/432201.asp). This would indicate to me that there was more than one tie vote. Could this mean more than one tie at a particular Tribal Council -- or -- more than one Tribal Council with the first vote being a tie ???

Perhaps there was a tie vote in one (or more) of the past episodes. The BB-boot TC could have started with a tie vote. The Joel-boot TC could have also started with a tie vote.

Here's an interesting one. TC3

Final vote:
Rudy - Kelly, Stacey
Stacey - Richard, Rudy, Susan, Sean, Dirk

TC3 could have started out as:
Rudy - Kelly, Stacey, Susan
Stacey - Richard, Rudy, Dirk
Kelly - Sean

Didn't Stacey say to Susan, "You changed your vote" ?? Perhaps she changed it between the first vote and the tie breaker.

This might also explain the Sean vote for Kelly clip.

The last past episode that may have had a tie vote would include TC8

Final vote:
Greg - Kelly, Richard, Rudy, Susan, Sean, Jenna
Jenna - Colleen, Gervase, Greg

Original vote perhaps:
Greg - Sean, Jenna, Colleen, Gervase
Jenna - Kelly, Richard, Rudy, Susan
monitor lizard - Greg

This is a stretch and probably didn't happen, but it would explain why Sean was shocked at the next TC when the TA followed his lead in voting off Jenna. I am fairly certain that he thought they would target Gervase.

This is not to say that there won't be a tie vote during TC13a, but only to suggest that there doesn't necessarily *have* to be a tie vote. MB may have implied that we will see a tie, only to later change his mind during the course of editing the story. So whether there will/will not be a tie vote and whether we will/will not see it is uncertain. I would recommend that you not force a tie vote situation in your speculations as the tie votes *may* have already occurred.

Just a thought ...

Additionally, I also read that the jury will cast their votes for the last person to be booted ... continuing with the ritual of snuffing out the torch. However, I can no longer find the link.

Melissa

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 E3 Tie AyatollahKhomeini 08-22-00 1
 RE: Tie Votes in the Past Episodes qwkslvr 08-23-00 2
   RE: Tie Votes in the Past Episodes AyatollahKhomeini 08-23-00 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-22-00, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "E3 Tie"
Another thoughtful post, Me-Lissa. flying squirrel also posted a link to a Newsweek interview in which MB talks about tie VOTES (plural). See fs's post at

http://www.survivorblows.com/survivorblows/boards/DCForumID2/405.shtml#2

I don't think any tie votes could have happened post-merger, despite the fact that the E8 voting only lists two people. Greg was clearly the #2 person in Pagong, plus he had won E7 immunity and the E8 reward; the TA would want him gone.

I love the idea that there was a tie vote in E3, which would give us a great explanation for Stacey's comment. BUT I feel certain that Stacey, the closest thing to a "Chatty Cathy" doll on Pulau Tiga, would have told us all about the tie and how Susan was a backstabbing you-know-what during her radio interviews.

I think Greg's "ear infection" comment about voting for Jenna three times means that he didn't vote for Jenna in E6. Therefore, there probably wasn't a tie then, either.

I still think the best explanation for the comments, as well as MB's comment in USA Today that we would see a tie vote in an upcoming episode, is that there is a tie vote and a tie revote in E13. We'll see tomorrow!

qwkslvr 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-23-00, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwkslvr Click to send private message to qwkslvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tie Votes in the Past Episodes"
Here's the statement from the msnbc interview that's dated July 12th.

"They’ll be sitting there all night. It’s like a jury. In America, a court case can take weeks if there’s a hung jury, unless a judge decides it’s a mistrial. The jury will sit there and debate until they make a decision. In the case of “Survivor,” we have had tie votes—and they’ve all been resolved. Our only mandate is they must make a decison."

"we have had tie votes—and they’ve all been resolved" sounds to me like tie votes took place and weren't shown as has been discussed.

After this conversation about tie voting, Episode 13 is talked about.
Anyone still waiting for a tie vote to be shown should read this article.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-23-00, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tie Votes in the Past Episodes"
Hmmm. The MSNBC quote and the Newsweek quote are exactly the same and from the same date. Guess they're from the same interview.

qwkslvr, the problem I have in believing in a tie in an earlier episode is that none of the bootees have talked about it, and they are not prohibited from talking about the details of their ouster.

One week later (July 19), MB told USA Today that "later in the series, you will see a tie occur." Could be a red herring, but there hasn't been a tie opportunity since that date. If it is a true statement, the only chance for a tie is E13.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •