The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-17-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Wow, these were up early.. Ready to discuss the stuff/crap we have in store for next week? MB fooled me last week about the RC... uck.

These were pirated from Surviver Fever, the voiceover wasn't ready yet. Maybe when it is, someone can post it around here somewhere.. Looks like a good set of caps..

(hahahahah)
*waves misto*
Osten = wuss
no one cares Jeff....
nice face
ouch, who hurt my Rupie?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Betrayal rose 10-17-03 1
   VOICEOVER FSUGUY 10-17-03 21
       RE: VOICEOVER shuiheart 10-17-03 22
 RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Brownroach 10-17-03 2
   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... VerucaSalt 10-17-03 3
       RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... joannie 10-17-03 4
           RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... FarmBoy 10-17-03 6
           RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... KLicK 10-17-03 15
               RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Sexishelly 10-17-03 19
                   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... FarmBoy 10-17-03 25
               RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Joyful 10-17-03 33
                   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... rose 10-18-03 35
                       RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... LeftPinky 10-19-03 41
 RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Bebo 10-17-03 5
   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... mistofleas 10-17-03 7
       RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Brownroach 10-17-03 8
           RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... jkokoj 10-17-03 9
 Did Osten get some clothes? rose 10-17-03 10
   RE: Did Osten get some clothes? Spidey 10-17-03 11
   RE: Did Osten get some clothes? frankz 10-17-03 12
       RE: Did Osten get some clothes? Brownroach 10-17-03 13
       RE: Did Osten get some clothes? KObrien_fan 10-17-03 14
 RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... wendyp 10-17-03 16
 RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Joyful 10-17-03 17
   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Joyful 10-17-03 20
       RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Spidey 10-17-03 28
 RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Acawap 10-17-03 18
   Rupert Goes?? ElroyJetson 10-17-03 23
   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... VerucaSalt 10-17-03 24
       RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... reallyimeanit 10-17-03 26
           RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... KObrien_fan 10-17-03 29
       RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... Brownroach 10-17-03 27
 RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... dendanash 10-17-03 30
   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... VerucaSalt 10-17-03 31
   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... wendyp 10-17-03 32
       Betrayal? SnowBunny 10-17-03 34
           RE: Betrayal? VerucaSalt 10-18-03 36
               RE: Betrayal? Krautboy 10-19-03 42
                   RE: Betrayal? rose 10-19-03 43
 Jon's turn to loot - betrayal/big l... mavsfan 10-18-03 37
   RE: Jon's turn to loot - betrayal/b... rose 10-19-03 39
   RE: Jon's turn to loot - betrayal/b... Brownroach 10-20-03 45
 RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... dendanash 10-19-03 38
   RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fev... KObrien_fan 10-19-03 40
       RE: All have just ONE thing in c... pdragonfly 10-19-03 44
           RE: All have just ONE thing in c... Acawap 10-20-03 46
 RC wendyp 10-20-03 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-17-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Betrayal"
My first thought about the betrayal is that Rup will join forces with Shawn because they are two strong guys heading into a merge soon... Targeting Trish?

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-17-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "VOICEOVER"
VO: Thursday, it's a night of Survivor showdowns. First it's scrawn vs brawn...
Sandra: Jon's had it up to here with him.
VO: In a heated confrontation...
Jon: *bitches at Shawn about work*
Shawn: Shut up, just shut up.
VO: Plus, a pesky pelican invades the camp.
Osten or Andrew?: I will pop this thing's head right off.
VO: Then, a back-breaking challenge becomes a stand-off.
JP: Fight through the pain or give-in.
VO: And, is it the ultimate act of betrayal?
Trish: Rupert has a hell of alot of power right now.
Rupert: I can't believe this.
Sandra: Oh man, this is crazy.

shuiheart 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-17-03, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shuiheart Click to send private message to shuiheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: VOICEOVER"

To me, this sounds like Rupert has some sort of decision to make(and it kind of goes along with the "distraught" look in the Vid Cap). Is he the swing vote at TC? Or is he given the chance to switch tribes? Does he have to pick a member of Drake and a member of Morgan to switch tribes? Just throwing some ideas out there.

-The swing vote situation seems most likely, but I see Rupert as being loyal to his "girls".

-I highly doubt that Rupert would voluntarily switch tribes.

-If Rupert had to pick two contestants to Tribe Swap, how would he have gotten that power?

So maybe none of these ideas is right.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-03 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

Changing my original post here...

Probably Sandra is sitting out IC for Drake. Rupert, Christa and Shawn are Drake's three "oxen", as we see Jon and Trish loading up Christa's pole. Tijuana and Darrah are the loaders for Morgan.

I agree with what VS says below that Osten has a very good chance of winning this challenge.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-17-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
This challenge unlike the hoisting I can see Osten winning. The hoisting challenge Osten did not do badly in however being a gym guy, he is used to working body parts and he automatically responded to hoisting near the end using his arms alone and that is what messed him up. Rupert used his entire body as weight to lean back and level out with Michelle.

This challenge though? Right up Osten's alleyway especially with the irony that Rupert provided him food for stamina.

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Maybe you are right, Veruca. Cap 23 looks like Rupert is collapsing. His hands have let go of the pole and it looks like he is bending forward. Or is this just more SeeBS misdirection, perhaps happening after Drake has already won?

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-17-03, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"

I'd bet his legs cramped- That's what it looks like to me.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
I don't think it's after they won. You can see the Drake poles still "up" to Rupert's right and left.

Christa and Shawn last longer than Rupert? Seems odd...

Sexishelly 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-17-03, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexishelly Click to send private message to Sexishelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-03 AT 02:57 PM (EST)

*edited for mixing up my homonyms.*

Notice that the poles to the right and left do not appear to have any sand bags on them. Particularly, the pole to the right which has more visible area shown. You see no rope across the white of the pole as is clearly visible on the left side of Hagrid's pole.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-17-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
What if they have to do something else that determines how much weight is on the pole. (Like spinning for blender drink items)

This would mean Rupert bombed at whatever it was.

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-17-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
>I don't think it's after they
>won. You can see
>the Drake poles still "up"
>to Rupert's right and left.
>
>

Maybe Rupert has so many bags because those who give up have to put THEIR bags on the remaining players. Rupert outlasts the other Drakes so has to carry their weight as well as his own.

10-18-03, 09:32 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
What about this?

Three survivors from each team have to support weight, but it is up to the the remaining teammates on whom to put the weight on.. Last man standing type of mission, so if they wear out Rupert, as he can last a long time- he's my superman.. *winks*, then the remaining two competitors are fresh when they are needed to hold out in the end.. So instead of each team mate supporting a medium amount of weight for a extended length of time, Rupert supports most of it for as long as he can, with two fresh teammates, Christa and ??? ready to take up the slack near the finish...

Make any sense?

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-19-03, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Something similiar was done on "The Mole," three team members were put into the pool to tread water, every X minutes weight needed to be added to one player. They elected to keep putting all of the weight on one swimmer (I think Bill) until he went under. At that time, they began loading the next strongest person with weights. I think what they are doing here is putting all of the weights on Rupert (instead of sharing the load) until he collapses, then they will start loading their next strongest (Shawn) followed by the weakest member (Christa). It looks like Morgan may follow a "share the weight" plan loading each person equally with sand bags.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Thoughts:

Cannon challenge = Aim the cannon to knock down your opponent's colored markers. You win the challenge when only your team's is left.

Weights challenge = Clip 19 shows us all 3 Morgan men competing. Later clips show Christa and Rupert for Drake. This is like the challenge where Colby and whoever in S2 had to balance the weights, and the rest of the tribe tried to load them so that they would be more easily supported.

Scrawn vs. brawn = I wonder if MB is telling us that the TC will go down to Shawn vs. Jon. We know from Rupert's comments last time that Shawn was the original first bootee choice for Drake (his comment about Shawn being the choice on the second day). The handshake could be Rupert's way of faking out Shawn that he's staying, or the sign that a mutiny is taking place and Johnny Fairplay is on his way out.

Jeff did comment to Morgan about mutinies against the leader when things get bad...perhaps this was foreshadowing for how Jon would end up being ousted from Drake?

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
I believe it was Colby and Mike Supkin that did the hold the weight thing. Mike, scrawny wiry guy that he was, kicked ass against big guy Colby until his pole broke under the weight.

Why in the world would they put Christa up there to hold the pole instead of Shawn?

Another attempt to throw a challenge? Nah, they can't be THAT stupid. *snicker*

--couldn't even stand there with the weight of the pole let alone with bags of sand hanging off it

10-17-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Misto, Shawn is probably the third weightbearer for Drake. I guess they decided Christa is stronger than lazy idiot Jon though.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-17-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Maybe everyone is competing in this challege and after it is over Jeff says see you ALL at TC tonight. Hence the title "What the..."!

10-17-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
10. "Did Osten get some clothes?"
Maybe a RC Spoiler here- All Morgan had was underwear, and the shower stuff from the last challenge, so where did he get this raincoat?

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S7E6showpromo/E06promo10

(nabbed this from phoenix)

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did Osten get some clothes?"
Raincoats were the "keep dry" part of the reward. I saw them clearly last night.

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-17-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did Osten get some clothes?"
I'm pretty sure they got raincoats along with the shower/soaps, etc. Think I remember Jeffie saying that.

10-17-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Did Osten get some clothes?"
Yep, they did -- they showed the raincoats folded up in a box when he was describing the reward.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Did Osten get some clothes?"
Yes, they received at the RC from EP5 a pot to boil water in, a shower, 2 portable water jugs, raincoats, scrub brushes and soaps/shampoos. The raincoat Osten is wearing IS the same that they won last night.

Kathy Obrien fan for life

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-17-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Interesting that both challenges show Christa and Andrew. No one else is shown in the RC but these two. And we only see the Morgan boys with no weight on thier poles. Does Christa out last the Morgan boys or is this misdirection. Shawn is the only one that they do not show, maybe he is the one that wins this for them.

Betrayl shots...is this after they lose IC or is this a mutual agreement after the last TC with Shawn telling Rupert he wants to stick with him til the end.

10-17-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"

> -26
> -27

Maybe the betrayal is on Shawn's part. It's been discussed a lot that Rupert does not make it to the merge. (If there is going to be one) I couldn't imagine how Rupert's booting would come about, but maybe Shawn engineers it. Rupert is out for Shawn; he would have gladly got rid of him last night instead of Michelle if the rest of the tribe would have gone along with it. Maybe Rupert doesn't do as well as expected in the IC with the sandbags, he possiblly thinks, like Sandra did in Ep 5, that because it was his fault they lost IC he would be likely to go. Rupert comes up to Shawn to talk about the voting. Shawn agrees with Rupert that it will be the two of them all the way and Rupert has nothing to worry about. Then Shawn talks to the others about booting Rupert while they still can before they merge. Rupert gets booted. It could go along with the title, "Me and My Snake" we all think that the title refers to Balboa, but maybe it refers to Shawn as well.

To tear my own theory apart, I would like to say I don't know how Shawn could talk Trish, Christa and Sandra into voting off Rupert. Unless he said something like Rupert's physically in danger and he should be booted for his own good or something. I don't know, just a thought

10-17-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Another thought: Maybe Rupert feels "betrayed" by the tribe he's taken care of when they vote him off. The "big regret" could come about when the tribes find out there is no merge and without Rupert they continually lose challenges.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
I don't believe this could be the Big Regret. JP says they will probably regret it more when it's shown on tv. Obviously, one would think they would regret booting Rupert more during the game (if they find out no merge) vs. months afterwards.

I'm just not buying a Rupert boot just yet. He seems to be in a solid alliance with Shawn or Jon as the next clear boot. It also doesn't makes sense that Michelle would have hard feeling about Rupert if he joined her at LL in 3 days.

Six days to convince me otherwise.

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-17-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
It would seem to me it would be blatantly unfair to just pile on weight for all the contestants at the same rate, so my guess would be something associated with body weight -- the more you weigh, the more bags you have to balance. This being the case, Rupert would be at a disadvantage, even though he's the strongest. Christa may be the strongest per lb of the women, so she'd be the choice for the third, since Jon MIGHT outweigh her, and because his little chicken legs couldn't hold up anything.

I agree with Veruca, that this would be a contest Osten should win, as technique very much comes into play.

As for the betrayal, it looks to me as if Jon and Shawn come up with a plan to oust Rupert. Maybe the fight between the two is staged, making Shawn tell Rupert 'The Big Lie' about the alliance being broken, when in fact it's intact. Remember Jon is a pro wrestler, so he's trained to stage fights.

How exactly this works I'm still figuring out... but here's a possibility: Jon/Shawn realize the alliance between Rupert/Trish/Christa is a threat, and obviously they can't beat Rupert at anything, so they try to take out the leader, figuring the minions would follow. They know they're in danger of being picked off, so they stage the fight, each then trying to appeal to opposite ends of the tribe. Jon goes to Christa and Trish. Shawn to Sandra and Rupert.

Shawn swears allegiance to Rupert (thus the handshake), when in fact he's setting him up. Jon tells Christa and Trish Rupert did something or said something and convince them that he's a threat going into the merge. Shawn tells Sandra and Rupert that Christa and Trish are planning on voting out Sandra, so they need to join forces and vote out Jon.

So Rupert and Sandra vote for Jon. Shawn and Jon vote for Rupert. Christa and Trish are confused, so vote for Rupert? Or one votes for Rupert, the other Shawn... either way, Rupert goes!

Kind of a leap there at the end, but it would explain a bunch of things -- the big lie, the big regret (uh oh, we can't win anything without Rupert), the betrayal, and the resurrected pelican. huh?

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Rupert Goes??"
How exactly this works I'm still figuring out... <snip theory>... either way, Rupert goes!

Acawap, I'm liking this theory. Something like this will probably happen. It also jives with the title Me and my snake. Being referenced in a Survivor episode title is rarely good. Especially with the Rupert as "Everyone's hero" story arc winding down. The episode title could apply to Rupert and his actual pet snake, Rupert and his buddy Shawn, or Shawn and Jon. Anyway you look at it, it doesn't look good for Rupert. Especially with Trish saying "Rupert has lots of power." This could also be the start of "the big lie."

10-17-03, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
I hesitate to jump to conclusions regarding that picture. Here we are being shown two men shaking hands, two men who are not in an alliance obviously coming to some agreement about something with the big words BETRAYAL. Leading us down the path of Shawn doing something to betray Rupert somehow

Do we dare buy into this as truth?

We also have another picture - Scrawn vs. Brawn with Jon and Shawn leading us down the road of Jon vs. Shawn in terms of who may be next to go?

Do we broach this one as gospel?

We are being put down the path of Jon vs. Shawn as the logical boot scenario but SOMEHOW Shawn and maybe others manage to betray Rupert and perhaps even engineer Rupert's boot. However, the possibility is also Rupert is agreeing to Shawn's suggestion and Rupert will betray Shawn (Remember, Rupert did in effect do the same thing to Burton)

I am suggesting that we look at what we know first THEN move on to covert stuff as stuff comes in during the week.

Why would Rupert be agreeing to something Shawn says as if SHAWN is holding more cards than Rupert? Rupert should have no fears in being the next off. Normally "pleas" or "how abouts" or "scenarios" broached to others by someone is made by people who feel they need to do this. I'm more interested in exploring the possibility that Shawn is going to Rupert much like Michelle did to suggest Rupert's aid in keeping Shawn over Jon. How do we know the betrayel is not, in fact, Rupert's betrayal and like his deal with Burton has no intention of honoring it?

Let's look at this bad boy carefully folks

(I"m also basing this on Michelle's less than happy impression with the likes of Rupert and Christa and her positive feelings towards Jon and Shawn as well. Her palpable negativity towards Rupert may be a result of Rupert being someone who assisted directly in misleading and booting Burton as well as perhaps someone else)

reallyimeanit 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reallyimeanit Click to send private message to reallyimeanit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-03 AT 04:27 PM (EST)

Nevermind- I thought his shirt in one of the vidcaps was an injury!!!

It's not.

10-17-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
I saw the red mark on Rupe's shoulder on the vidcap, and it looked like it might just be his tie-dye tank top. Then I went back and watched the tape of EP5, it was on his shoulder then. He may have chafed his shoulder while helping Morgan rebuild their shelter, in any case it is a pre-existing mark.

10-17-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
Agree, VS, we need to be careful with this. It doesn't have to be either one of these two betraying the other.

The Betrayal? caption overlaid on this cap, with the question mark, makes me think that whatever this handshake is about could involve Rupert "betraying" someone in his alliance -- or pretending that he is going to.

Or it could be Shawn, too, but as you say Rupert is holding more cards than Shawn right now.

dendanash 47 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dendanash Click to send private message to dendanash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
I agree with VerucaSalt. I think you read my mind. I was reading this thread and came to the same conclusion. I remember when Burton went to Rupert and then Rupert told a couple of the girls. Rupert is really playing this like a pirate. I believe that this is a misdirection about shawn and jon. It seems this season that when they focus on a tribe (for instance, the way they are with Drake for the upcoming EP), it will be Morgan who goes to TC. I also think that Osten will outlast everyone the weight on his shoulders.

I don't know if anyone can find it or not but I can't and I am sorry for that but Wezzie mentioned something about Jon and Shawn being the last survivors to go to LL. If anyone could find this that would be great. I can't remember how many more people go to LL before jury selection starts (2 or 3).

10-17-03, 05:02 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"

We heard that Shawn and Jon are the last people to leave Isla Contadora on a plane. (Their photos were pointed at.)

You can click on TDT's SurvivorMeter on Jon or Shawn and the thread in sucks comes up.

10-17-03, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
It seems this season that when they focus on a tribe (for instance, the way they are with Drake for the upcoming EP), it will be Morgan who goes to TC. I also think that Osten will outlast everyone the weight on his shoulders

If Osten outlasts everyone then Drake will be going to TC.

SnowBunny 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-17-03, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SnowBunny Click to send private message to SnowBunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Betrayal?"
I would like to offer an alternative to the betrayal speculation. Given the hype over such non-events as the "photo finish" and the "flared tempers" (or whatever they promised) over the shower in the open, perhaps we could explain the Shawn-Rupert discussion as:

After the TC, Shawn takes a moment to chat with Rupert (who some believe has much control right now) regarding Michelle's efforts to oust Shawn. Rupert admits that he did indeed bring her sentiments to Sandra, Christa, Trish. Shawn may see this as betraying him, but offers a hand to make peace and demonstrate that they are no hard feelings. Rupert responds in kind. The end.

Seems kinda dull, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the "betrayal" turned out to be a non-issue.

10-18-03, 09:34 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Betrayal?"
Can Rupert overcome a brazen act of betrayal

Okay so maybe Balboa decided that Jon is more to his liking?

Again, I warn us not to jump on this as something more than it is. First off it gives the ole Can? and Overcome? A lot of times this means Yes and Yes. Second we know Rupert is big on loyalty. We could infer this statement even as far as an act against him or even an act against one of his "people" and whether he can overlook this. Look how mad at Burton he was at the suggestion of throwing a challenge although Rupert himself was not seemingly at risk at TC.

Or this may have to do with this supposed stunning confession that the looter makes at the loser tribe for RC although if Morgan would lose, a Drake person could make a confession and Drake wouldn't even know.

With all this showcasing AGAIN of Rupert, you would think (especially since Rupert is SUCH a main attraction for audiences) that MB and company want it to be sheer shock when it happens. I keep thinking that this hype almost EVERY WEEK on Rupert's status is merely due to the fact he is the most popular Survivor in the history of Survivor (so sayeth CBS) This keeps the audience invested in him.

I fear that his boot will be a normal II threat boot which is expected so to capitalize on his "character" they highlight the danger when in reality he SHOULD go sometime at merge due to his threat as II winner OR like Kathy (another extremely liked Survivor) ends up in the final three only to be kicked off because of how highly dangerous they are; won't the audience be as miffed as they were about Kathy (when in reality it was the SMARTEST thing to do)

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-03, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Betrayal?"
The Promos show Shawn and Rupert shaking hands as the words “ultimate act of betrayal” are overlayed. It appears that the betrayal is between Shawn and Rupert.

The second Promo asks:
“…And can Rupert overcome a brazen act of betrayal?”
This tells us that Rupert is the one being betrayed.

The betrayal may become a “brazen act” when Shawn, the betrayer, is selected to loot the Morgan tribe…
“While looting the losing tribe's camp after a Reward Challenge, a visiting castaway makes a stunning confession.”

The “stunning confession” might be a brazen Shawn (or Jon) explaining the plan for the upcoming betrayal, when the Morgan Tribe ask the looter about their old buddy Rupert…

The “stunning confession” and “brazen act of betrayal” seem to be related.

Krautboy

10-19-03, 07:57 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Betrayal?"
Mav's fan proposed the idea that the looter would return to Drake with a "big lie" about Rupert making a deal with Morgan to pick off Drake members until the merge- the betrayal against Rup.. This would cause the Big Lie and the big regret in one foul swoop- once Rup is gone, Shawn is the only phsically threatening player, causing Drake to lose more IC challenges... I particularly think this fits nicely. No one would know of the lie until the show airs when Shawn/Jon is exposed as making a bald faced lie to his tribemates...

*waves* to mavsfan, conspiracy theorist to the survivor gods

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-18-03, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Jon's turn to loot - betrayal/big lie/regret"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-03 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

Now with Michelle gone, It seems certain Drake will start
thinking/negotiating about who the Drake should vote out next if they go back to TC?

In the last episode we saw Rupert in confessional saying the folks at Drake told him Shawn did work around camp while Rupert was over at Morgan, But he hasn't seen it. So, now with Michelle gone Rupert could be expected to starts pointing out to the other Drakes that Shawn doesn't do his share of the work, giving us the quotes:

VO: In a heated confrontation...
Shawn: Shut up, just shut up.
Jon: (Rupert?) *bitches at Shawn about work*
Sandra: Jon's had it up to here with him.

Now, suppose Drake wins the RC. So far they have been taking turns going to Morgan to loot. Jon and Shawn have yet to visit the Morgan camp, so suppose this time they Send Jon.

I'm guessing Jon returns to Drake with the "BIG LIE". Jon comes back saying Darrah (or whoever) spilled the beans on Rupert. Jon says he found out some intel about Rupert. Jon says Rupert formed a New alliance while at Morgan and he's going to help pick off the Drake once they merge.

Rupert of course denies it and says Darrah's a liar.
However, if Drake then lost the IC they would have to start making hard decisions about who to boot.

If the BIG LIE is as I'm guessing about where Ruperts loyalty is really at, we may see the target shifts from Shawn to Rupert and we get:

Jon and Rupert would be the only ones on Drake to know it was a lie, and after TC Rupert would be gone. Morgan would know Drake voted out Rupert, but they might assume it was a "strategic vote like Burton" and not really question it. So no one knows it's a Lie until it's revealed in the show.

Since our spoilers show the final players being heavily Morgan, this could give us the BIG REGRET as well when the Drake team then gets SMASHED.

Morgan has been smarter and voted off weaker players, while Drake would have voted off their 2 strongest players in 3 TC's.

An alternate BIG REGRET could be if Burton and Rupert returning on the speculated 3rd tribe (which I still don't buy. I think the wine colored flag is the merge flag.) However, If there was a 3rd tribe and Burton/Michelle/Liz Rupert could work together they might be the strongest of the 3 tribes and again result in Drake getting SMASHED.

Editted for flow.

10-19-03, 08:31 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Jon's turn to loot - betrayal/big lie/regret"
Excellent idea mavsfan!! That would be an excellent Big Lie!!

10-20-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Jon's turn to loot - betrayal/big lie/regret"
This idea certainly sounds possible. My only problem with it being THE lie is that: why would J Pro be so absolutely surprised to find out that Jon had been lying? He'd at least suspect it was only a strategic ploy, imo.

dendanash 47 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dendanash Click to send private message to dendanash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
In pic 23, does anyone notice what Rupert is holding in his right hand? I can't tell what it is.

10-19-03, 08:36 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Promo Vidcaps from Survivor Fever- Ep.6"
It looks to me like he is hanging onto the rope that is attached to one of the sand bags.

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-03, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: All have just ONE thing in common!!!!"
Listen, I have been keeping my mouth shut on this, but I have looked very closely at ALL the vidcaps for the last few episodes and they all have just ONE thing in common. One picture keeps coming up again and again.

The Pelican. Notice last week they had the Pelican almost get thrown over by a little wave? First its on a branch, then on the beach and then on the water.

I've decided that its the Pelican that returns and its haunting the tribes.

The sooner we start talking about the real issue here, the sooner we'll figure out who the real survivor is!!

If you ask me the Pelicans are just begging to get revenge on their brother. They are waiting for the right moment.

LOL - You can erase this if you want. I just had to put this in here.

Acawap 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Acawap Click to send private message to Acawap Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: All have just ONE thing in common!!!!"
actually, I noticed that, too! The pelican is getting standard pre-boot air time.

Maybe Jon tells a big lie about Rupert killing a pelican, then JP reads all our posts about it, making him say 'mother f****er'. His regret comes when PETA comes calling.

Seriously -- I like the theory of Jon's going to raid, telling the lie about Rupert, etc. It would make JP say 'MF', etc, and maybe the big regret associated with it is Rupert beating the living crap out of Jon when they show up on the finale (oh, we could only WISH!!!!)

I think we'll see a Rupert/Jon matchup on WrestleMania next year!

10-20-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
47. "RC"
I know we have talked alot about the betrayl and the IC. But what about the RC. We know they have to knock down the other tribe's blocks. But there are 4 blocks...how do they get a chance to knock them down? Is it the person who answers questions correctly? And do they get to move the cannon? I think it would be hard to move the cannon to aim correctly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •