The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Burton's TV Guide Online article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-03, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Burton's TV Guide Online article"
http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/031014b.asp

Here's some stuff I found interesting:

"I bet, at the last minute, Jon went to Shawn and said, 'Hey, I'm going to vote for Burton and that will get him out. Your alliance is going down the tubes. Jump over here, and we'll save you for a few more weeks.' I would have done with that if I was in Shawn's shoes."

Either he's carefully chosen his words, or he didn't get a chance to talk to Jon and Shawn to find out whether or not that was indeed the case. Coupled with the spoiler showing Jon and Shawn as the last two flown out, does that mean that Burton is never in LL with these two? Could this mean that Jon and Shawn lose in the competition to bring back tribe members and Burton goes back into the game?

"I do wish that we would have lost earlier in the game," he adds. "Just to get rid of someone. Either Sandra or Christa. It would have helped in the long run."

Hmmm...was his long run comment just limited to his own success in the game, or was he speaking about his tribe as a whole? This also implies to me that if he does return to the game, he's not very successful once he's back.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Burton's TV Guide Online articl... Brownroach 10-14-03 1
   RE: Burton's TV Guide Online articl... LeftPinky 10-14-03 2
   RE: Burton's TV Guide Online articl... Krautboy 10-14-03 3
       RE: Burton's TV Guide Online articl... Brownroach 10-14-03 4
           RE: Burton's TV Guide Online articl... lizzmac 10-14-03 5
               RE: Burton's TV Guide Online articl... LeftPinky 10-14-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Burton's TV Guide Online article"
Jump over here, and we'll save you for a few more weeks.'

This also strikes me as a slip that, in fact, Shawn is not going to last more than the next few episodes.

I agree with your point about the exchange of players possibly preventing Burton from finding out what happened for sure. I also sense from his other chats that Burton and Rupert did not get any friendlier at LL. Rupert could be another person that's victimized by the re-entry of players.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-14-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Burton's TV Guide Online article"
>I agree with your point about the exchange of players possibly preventing Burton from finding out what happened for sure. I also sense from his other chats that Burton and Rupert did not get any friendlier at LL. Rupert could be another person that's victimized by the re-entry of players.

OOOHH, I do not like the implications! If there is a swap that has Jon, Shawn and Rupert swapping out and Lil, Burton, Christa back in plus a total swap of teams (leaving Rhino on the outs), I'm going to make my VCR walk the plank and turn off MB's fantasy. YUCK!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-14-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Burton's TV Guide Online article"
Rupert
>could be another person that's
>victimized by the re-entry of
>players.
>

What about Snewser's "Chirp" that states his tribemates had no trouble voting out Rupie?

Krautboy

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Burton's TV Guide Online article"
Well we don't know how the re-entry of players is going to work and I'm not sure Snewser does either.

He's had that same text up since the beginning. I just take it to mean he found out that Rupert didn't last until the jury. He's contrasting Rupert's popularity with viewers to his fate in the game by joking that maybe he wasn't quite so popular with his tribemates.

However, we've seen that Rupert is popular with both tribes, and he doesn't seem in imminent danger of getting the boot at Drake. So I wouldn't rule out his demise by other means.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-14-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Burton's TV Guide Online article"
So I wouldn't rule out his demise by other means.

Right... maybe they "had no trouble voting him out" because they didn't have to confront that decision? Because he leaves via some other method?

(Which, for the record, seems totally unfair to me, too.)

Lizzmac

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-14-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Burton's TV Guide Online article"
>Because he leaves via some other method?

>(Which, for the record, seems totally unfair to me, too.)

Having memories of a purple rock!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •