The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"MTV's Date my mom"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Kerry 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-12-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kerry Click to send private message to Kerry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"MTV's Date my mom"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-05 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-12-05 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

I watched the MTV's show- "Date My Mom" with Hailey and Lynell, what a waste of my time, it was so stupid! I never saw many of the S.O. with the two of them on. I think i only saw a few so I don't know much about the 2 of them. Did anyone else see it?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: MTV's Date my mom BrinaAngel27 07-13-05 1
   RE: MTV's Date my mom Orlando 07-13-05 2
       RE: MTV's Date my mom Lynnell 07-13-05 3
           WARNING Bebo 07-13-05 5
   RE: MTV's Date my mom TVNook 08-04-05 12
 RE: MTV's Date my mom kittenangel1983 07-13-05 4
   WARNING Bebo 07-13-05 6
 RE: MTV's Date my mom Wendy5616 07-14-05 7
   RE: MTV's Date my mom cambo 07-14-05 8
       RE: MTV's Date my mom TVNook 08-04-05 14
 RE: MTV's Date my mom 2cents 07-16-05 9
   RE: MTV's Date my mom BHoneycutt 07-18-05 10
       RE: MTV's Date my mom Kerry 07-18-05 11
           RE: MTV's Date my mom TVNook 08-04-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BrinaAngel27 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-13-05, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BrinaAngel27 Click to send private message to BrinaAngel27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
I am totally watching that show right now. I had to do a double take when I saw Hailey and her Lynell on it. Then when she mentioned her son, I knew it was them. Hailey looks a little bit different and Lynell looks the same. I have watched Date my Mom before and it has always been stupid. It is totally staged and you can tell by how everyone talks. As for them in SO, they were always fighting and had problems with each other and that is why they were on there, to learn to respect and listen to each other. Now we get to see you wins this show lol.

Orlando 5 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Orlando Click to send private message to Orlando Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
I almost did a double take when I saw both of them on that stupid show, they seemed to have grown closer though, which is great.
Lynelle looked great, but is it me or is she overly hyper.
She looked like she was on something.

Lynnell 7 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lynnell Click to send private message to Lynnell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-05 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

FYI, I am on something.....thyroid medicine, I have hyperthyroidism aka "Graves Disease" I guess the dose I'm on isn't enough for you...... Sorry!!!!! L.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "WARNING"
Please read our guidelines - there is a link at the top of the page. Bashing other posters is not permitted on our forums.

I realize it may be difficult to read negative comments on your on-air persona, but those comments are allowed on these forums.

TVNook 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-05, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVNook Click to send private message to TVNook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-05 AT 01:37 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-04-05 AT 01:34 AM (EST)

This evening, MTV was re-running episodes of Date My Mom. It was the first time I saw the episode with Hailey and Lynell. I was a bit confused when I first saw the two of them on the show. It was like, "Hey, those two people look familiar." And then suddenly I felt really ill when I realized where I had seen the two of them.
On that Starting Over show, where the two of them first made an appearance. Why the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach? Because, it was like MTV was sinking to a new low trying to get viewers. The times I had seen Hailey and Lynell on the Starting Over show were the most depressing moments in reality television. The less times tv executives decide to allow crappy personalities re-appear on air, the better. This thread is a prime example of what happens in this case. The viewer has become confused. Why can't tv executives follow the most common rule of reality tv? Lose viewers, lose revenue. Confuse viewers and they won't stick around to watch.
If anyone at MTV had done research with the figures from Nielsen or any other metering program. They would have seen the numbers (ratings) for Starting Over were at their lowest when Hailey and Lynell were on the show, or even when they come back to the show. MTV needs to get their research department back in on this one.
Let these two crazy birds live their fantasy life, but keep them away from the camera. There is so much more talent out there in this world. If I wan't to watch loony birds, I will watch the Discovery Channel.

On a positive note: I was glad Curtis from this episode chose one of the other girls. If the show was scripted, kudos to the script-writers for keeping Curtis safe. If Curtis needed to know how he was protected, send him a dvd copy of the season Hailey and Lynell were on Starting Over. Better yet, save the money on dvd and just find a vhs or tivo copy someone may have of Starting Over. Trust me, you would only need to see a few minutes of those two to understand how crazy they are. Oh wait! You probably just saw their craziness on MTV too, and that is why you are reading this post.
Some tv personalities go on to do other interesting tv shows, while others just fail to ever make anything usefull on tv. Hailey and Lynell are a team of crazy that does a dis-service for all reality tv.
Hailey and Lynell add new meaning to the old phrase, "Keep your day job." Why "keep the day job"?
Because if these two crazy birds ever make a cameo or appearance in any movie. I will demand a refund.

kittenangel1983 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kittenangel1983 Click to send private message to kittenangel1983 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
I think its rude for you to assume Lynell is on something. Apparantly because of her disease she is going through something that many of you know absolutly nothing about. I know what shes going through because my best friend has the same thing and I have to be supportive. Your parents should be awfully proud of your assumption and the way they raised their child. Do me a favor the next time you assume something, how about you straighten out your facts first before you type anything on the screen.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-05, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "WARNING"
Posters are entitled to express their opinions without being attacked personally. Please take a moment to read our guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page.

You are welcome to disagree with what someone says, but you must not attack the person saying it while doing so.

Wendy5616 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wendy5616 Click to send private message to Wendy5616 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
I too saw the episode of Date my Mom. I get the feeling that these ladies are publicity hounds and are taking any airtime they can get. It was disappointing to realize that the ladies on SO may all be actors (maybe not professionally, but actors just the same). I am really hooked on the show, but I now watch with a wary eye. What a drag
Wendy

cambo 286 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-14-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cambo Click to send private message to cambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
I think the ladies on S.O. are as real as you're gonna get. I think what happened with Hailey and Lynette is they simply got caught up in the 15 minutes of fame syndrome. If you walk onto a reality show without having a clear career path to begin with, it's easy lean towards that direction.

Having said that, through years of watching a lot of reality TV, I've learned that a LOT of reality TV contestants are wannabe models/actors who are recycled from show to show.

ie., Anna (Average Joe), Nick (the Apprentice), and Brian (from last season's Amazing Race) were all previously on Fear Factor. And the list goes on and on...

08-04-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVNook Click to send private message to TVNook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
As with any recycling program, discretion has to be used. Some things should never be recycled more than once.

2cents 1 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 2cents Click to send private message to 2cents Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
I saw it too !!
Pretty lame and goofy...IMO !!!
Seemed very scripted to me.
The guy was pretty rude too....don't have to be mean spirited.
Oh well....what can you expect?? That's Hollywood.

BHoneycutt 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-18-05, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BHoneycutt Click to send private message to BHoneycutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
I didn't see that show. Just curious...did the guy pick Hailey/Lynnell?

Kerry 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-18-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kerry Click to send private message to Kerry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-05 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

The guy did not pick Hailey and Lynell, and when he got to see Hailey for the first time after he rejected her he made a funny face and said something rude that he thought she was ugly or something!

08-04-05, 01:31 AM (EST)
13. "RE: MTV's Date my mom"
Unfortunately, the truth sometimes hurts.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •