The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
...assuming the amazing prognosticative powers of Snewser, etc. are still intact, WHAT HAPPENS TO RUPERT?

He is well positioned to form alliances on both tribes at this point. And the man sews! Could the big lie be employed to oust my favorite cutthroat?

What do you (far more expert spoilers and speculators) think is the Rupert Failure Scenario?

(Perhaps better posted in Fanatics, but I'm just too caustic to go there; feel like Woody Harrelson at the Mormon barnraising.)

Really, it makes no sense to me not have this guy win. He is the Perfect Survivor Pirate. And after Jenna, we are owed a worthy win!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... I_AM_HE 10-10-03 1
 RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... Goooey_Alley 10-10-03 2
 RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... SurvivaBear 10-10-03 3
 RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... frisky 10-11-03 4
   RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... BeerNuts 10-12-03 6
 RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... IslandFever 10-12-03 5
   agreed cqvenus 10-12-03 7
       RE: agreed MattyMax 10-12-03 8
 RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... Bebo 10-13-03 9
 You guys are all wrong shakes the clown 10-13-03 10
   RE: You guys are all wrong hearkittykitty 10-13-03 11
   Shakes! LeftPinky 10-13-03 13
 RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil t... JanetSTL 10-13-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
sadly, even Jon winning would be better than last season. it's not like the bar is set very high for MB or this cast

as far as Rupert going, if Morgan wins the next immunity and are not allowed to capture another player (or not the same one, perhaps) they very well could force Rupert into a situation where, as perhaps the target THIS WEEK, he would still be the target next week (say if Morgan takes Trish, and it comes down to R/Sa/C voting for Sh or M vs J/Sh/M voting for R)

Drake has already shown they are not afraid to boot strong members

further, if Rupert is NOT allowed to go back (and i disagree with this speculation, but to treat another possibility, as slim as i think it is...) and Morgan loses, they quite possibly would boot the outsider no matter how much they like him. and i certainly do not agree that, even if this is the case, Rupert would get to keep an individual immunity until the merge - that would suck, even if it protected a favorite player

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-10-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
It's up to the editing of the pre-episodes of Rupert's boot. They could show the bad side of Rupert that audience might root for a new one. Or maybe they could make him more likeable but will show the effect of losing Rupert during merge and how will the remaining Drake survive without him. But still, I'm hoping that he will make it to the final 4 (or better if he is the Sole Survivor.)

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-10-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
Ginger, sweetie, I hate to say it but one could easily make the argument that there has not been a truly deserving Survivor winner yet (with the possible exception of Richard Hatch).

I think poor Rupert is a prime target shortly before the merge/individual immunity. He is the strongest and is very intelligent, as well. He appears to have learned much about the other contstants and is generally well-liked. If I were in this crew I could easily be convinced that keeping him around would be equal to handing him the million dollars.

A trademark of PM, Inc, © 2003 Beware the Bear!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-03, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
Depends on how he is perceived by his tribe. Comments from Burton:

"I thought I could trust Rupert..."

"...he and I were the two biggest threats."

"I had no reason to believe Rupert wouldn't think strategically and logically."

"...after seeing the show, I mean, obviously, he has insecurity issues from the past." (So, this didn't show at the time.)

"On the island, it didn't seem like Rupert was playing much of a game, he just seemed to be doing his own thing,..."

And this:

Q: When Rupert went to the other tribe, did anyone fear he would change loyalties?
Burton: Definitely, and in the show, Trish actually said so. It was unknown if he would spill the beans to them and tell them everything or if he would actually lie to them and not help them.

BeerNuts 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-12-03, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BeerNuts Click to send private message to BeerNuts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
I don't think it's in Rupert's nature to not try his hardest. He even said something to that effect regarding the thrown IC, which is why he sat out.

Also, Rupert may be feeling a little betrayed by Drake - he was the *only* one who didn't want to throw the IC, and he's the one who ends up paying for it when they lose.

Given those two assumptions, I think it's fair to conclude that he gives Morgan his full effort, resulting in a Morgan RC victory. That probably won't sit too well with Drake, so indeed this could be the beginning of the end for poor Rupie.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-12-03, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
I think unfortunately Rupert's little stint on Morgan will do him in. It wasn't his fault that the rules changed this time so that Morgan picked him. But when they did they put a big target on his back. Morgan liked him so much that Drake feels betrayed. There have always been pre-merge boots that didn't necessarily deserve it like Hunter and Gina or Joel Klug. If the spoilers are correct he will have his chance to return but won't be able to.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "agreed"
I think that MB set Rupert up to be the next Drake bootee. He tends to be outspoken and forgets to err on the side of caution when he's upset. I think when he goes back and Drake starts grilling him about his stay at Morgan, he may get crazy psycho defensive and blow up on them, leading the stupid Drunks to think he's a traitor. Or something. But either way, when the cat's away, the mice will play.

It's like my freshman year... someone was doing pull-ups on the sprinkler pipe and it broke. There was a flood in our entire floor. We all thought this one guy did it because he was nowhere to be found. Wise advice from my other friend "It's really easy to blame the guy who isn't here." Turns out, it wasn't him. It was another guy. Oh, well.

- at any rate, I'm sad that Rupert's going to get the axe

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-12-03, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: agreed"
Hmm..

Rupert is a star that is burning too bright.
He's an aquarius, he's an overachiever.
He's the strongest person out there and is the center of attention on both tribes.
Burnett has made us love him, we feel connected to this person.

But there are lots of other people we've barely seen. Who's this Trish character? Darrah? What?

Burnett tells stories, he likes to track the personal journey of each of the survivors. If he's going to want to show everyone else, he's gonna have to calm down on his Burton editing, but burton's not gonna stop shining.
seems like he gots to go.

MattyMax

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
He's too perfect. And that's why no one else will let him win. He's a likable guy. No one could possibly want him in the final 2, knowing it would be a slam-dunk on who was more worthy. He's also a major IC threat, so he could go on a big-time individual challenge run.

Morgan sealed his doom by taking him after the IC. They want to establish relationships (alliances) with him because of his challenge ability. That makes him a threat to the Drake core alliance, because it only takes one traitor to turn the game completely around.

If Drake wins the RC this week, then Rupert is in major danger. After all, if Drake can win a challenge without their MVP - and even beat their MVP - then they can prove to themselves that they don't need him as much as they thought they did. He becomes expendable.

We're also getting closer to merge. In the earliest days, being strong is a huge asset. Closer to merge, it's a huge liability, since it makes you a target.

I see a sad TC when Rupert goes, because the folks who vote him out will know that they are taking out a worthy champion. But part of the Survivor motto is "Outlast", so no matter how worthy he is, they're not going to keep him around just so he can beat them all.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-13-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "You guys are all wrong"
Rupert's an idiot! Where is this smart, intelligent Rupert you guys keep talking about cause all I see on my tv is a delusional moron who actually thinks he's playing pirate instead of Survivor.

If this moron had half a brain he would not have resisted the idea of throwing the challenge nor would he help Morgan win the next challenge thereby upseting his Drake tribemates who are already going to be questioning his loyalty while he is gone.

He's a loose cannon who plays by his own rules and those types of people are ALWAYS pre-merge boots.

Its one thing to like the guy, its another thing to actually say that he is a worthy player in this game.....the fact is he's an idiot and just like 99% of the other idiots who have played this game he'll be leaving sooner rather than later.

As for the comments in this thread about other unworthy pre-merge boots I can't think of a single pre-merge boot who didn't deserve it, especially Hunter and Gina who were morons in their own right when it came to playing this game.

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-13-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: You guys are all wrong"
FWIW - Rupert DID go along with throwing the challenge. His opposition to it was to the camera alone. His emphasis to his alliance was that Christa was the target of throwing the challenge. They summed up with kind of a "yeah, we'll throw the challenge, and throw out Burton while we're at it, hyuck, hyuck."

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-13-03, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Shakes!"
Gosh it's good to see your logic again... Keep sharing!

JanetSTL 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-13-03, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetSTL Click to send private message to JanetSTL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rupert not winning will Spoil this Season...and..."
I frankly don't think Rupert stands a chance to last too much longer. He's a big physical threat and since the merge is coming sooner than later(maybe, with this season you never know) he will probably be kicked off next. I think the reward challenge could be where Morgan wins and could choose to keep Rupert or take back Lill...or Drake wins (hope not) and has the choice to take Rupert back or Burton. That's just a guess (call it hope for Lill returning if you must) so don't think I'm connected to some MB psychic link or anything!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •