The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interesting article gives updates on Final Four..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-21-00, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interesting article gives updates on Final Four..."
Below's an article that does a pretty good job of explaining the current activities of the remaining castaways (where are they now?)

What's up with Rich eating in the same place at least once a day? He does know that unlike the Survivor Island, Aquidneck Island (where he lives) HAS BRIDGES off of it, right? I wonder if his son gets to eat with him...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/daily/detail/0,1136,33500000000105565,00.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interesting article gives updat... SurvivorSandra 08-21-00 1
   RE: Interesting article gives updat... SurvivorBlows 08-21-00 2
       RE: Interesting article gives updat... AyatollahKhomeini 08-21-00 3
           RE: Interesting article gives updat... Hunydou 08-22-00 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorSandra 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorSandra Click to send private message to SurvivorSandra Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interesting article gives updates on Final Four..."
I tried the link 3 times and it tells me "page not found"..Do you think maybe they took it off already?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-21-00, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interesting article gives updates on Final Four..."
You'll have to cut/paste it into our browser window -- the comma in the URL is causing the hyperlink to break before the end

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-21-00, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interesting article gives updates on Final Four..."
It is interesting that this article talks about Kelly having been working all summer, while the early July article in the L.V. paper at least implies that she is still at her mother's home at that time!

Hunydou 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-00, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hunydou Click to send private message to Hunydou Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Interesting article gives updates on Final Four..."
Here's the article -- managed to find it.

Nobody's ratting out sole Survivor: Final four's family, friends clueless

By Russ Buettner, Larry Cohler-Esses, Bob Port, Don Singleton and Thomas Zabito, New York Daily News
Web-posted: 2:07 p.m. Aug. 21, 2000

We're down to the final four, and the last Survivor episode is Wednesday. Who'll be the winner? Vote in our Survivor survey

And then there were four: Kelly Wiglesworth, Richard Hatch, Susan Hawk and Rudy Boesch, the finalists on the hit CBS summer show "Survivor."
On Wednesday's episode, one of them will win $1 million, but in reality the contest was over months ago.
The players have been home since March from the remote Malaysian island of Pulau Tiga where they were dumped with 12 others and forced to live by their wits.
Every third day, each person had to vote to kick someone off. The contestants were sworn to keep the ending secret under threat of a multimillion-dollar fine.
The New York Daily News talked to the four finalists' neighbors, listened to gossip at the barbershop and gas station, checked computer records to see if anyone took out a loan or bought a luxury car to try to find out who took home the grand prize.
The reporters found out how the finalists are viewed in their communities.
And yes, it's safe to keep reading if you don't want to know who won.

RICHARD HATCH
Hatch, 39, is "Survivor's" controversial islander.
Controversial because he occasionally strolled around in the nude, forcing CBS to blur out part of his anatomy, because in his asides to the camera he was so maddeningly confident that he could manipulate the others and because it quickly became apparent that he was the only gay contestant.
Hatch returned to his Rhode Island home after filming the series on remote Pulau Tiga in the South China Sea, and, like the other finalists in the $1 million contest, he has steadfastly refused to tell anyone who the winner is.
He hasn't given the slightest hint, says Andrew Gold, proprietor of Hatch's favorite restaurant, Gold's Wood Fired Grill & Cafe in Middletown, R.I.
"He has really played it close to the vest," Gold said last week. "He just says you gotta watch. We tell him he was really a jerk (in the previous night's episode of the program), and he laughs. He's really got a great sense of humor. He's a very friendly, nice guy." Gold said Hatch eats lunch or dinner -- often both -- every day at the restaurant, which is down the street from the gym where Hatch works out.
"He'll usually have our salad special for lunch. In the evening, he'll eat seafood, or he really likes our grilled vegetable antipasto," Gold said.
Paula Ottilige, 68, who works for the local preservation society and lives directly across the street from Hatch, said the contestant had been remodeling his 47-year-old home before he appeared on the show. Last year, he put in a pool.
"I said to him, 'You're really doing a lot of work there, Richard, you must have won!' He just said, 'I can't say anything. It's a secret and that's how it will stay."'
Larry Weldon, who used to live next door, said Hatch was seriously overweight until he started working out and jogging.
Weldon said that when he knew him, Hatch was "not as outspoken" as he was on the show. "He was just a nice guy," he said. "When I knew him, he didn't have that snappy little edge."

SUSAN HAWK
Hawk, a 38-year-old truck driver, has recently been seen on her regular day job, delivering concrete along her regular route.
Her husband, Tim, won't say whether his wife won the million bucks.
"Can't tell," is all he will say to his neighbors in Wisconsin.
Tim Hawk, a real estate agent, has even kept a poker face around the guys he plays cards with every week.
On Friday, he stopped at the Palmyra Amoco on Main Street to fill his car with gas and have lunch with his mother at the nearby Burger King.
"They can't tell anyone anything," said Darlene Garlock, who runs the Amoco with her husband, Red, one of Tim's weekly card-playing buddies. "(Tim) thinks that she did very well and that she will make Palmyra proud."
The Hawks sold their lakefront home in Palmyra last year and, while Susan was competing in the South China Sea, Tim purchased a modestly priced $150,000 home in nearby Eagle.
Neighbors there say they have seen little evidence of conspicuous consumption. The last noticeable purchase they made was the Ford that Susan bought in October.
Last week, the tough-talking trucker was spotted dropping off a load of cement at Milwaukee's City Hall. Wearing a bandanna, she even helped smooth the "mud" onto the steps. Bystanders who asked her if she had won the big prize were disappointed.
"They tried to get her to talk, but she refused," said Roseann St. Aubin, spokeswoman for the Milwaukee Department of Public Works.
As for Susan Hawk's whereabouts for the rest of last week, the neighbors said they thought she'd been in California. But they didn't know for sure.
One thing they said they do know: Susan Hawk won't go Hollywood on them. She's an experienced hunter, but on the island, when the contestants got hungry enough to try eating rats, she wouldn't bother.
"The rats were a little too small to go through the hassle of gutting," Susan Hawk said. "I heard that they did stink gutting 'em, like rabbits stink."

KELLY WIGLESWORTH
Wiglesworth, a 23-year-old whitewater rafting guide, is back living with her boyfriend, Tracy Viella, and her mutt, Flower, in a seasonal rental in Kernville, Calif., a popular camping and rafting spot near Lake Isabella.
"She's worked for us all summer," said Will Brennan, manager of White Water Voyages in Kernville. "She was on the river last Monday and Tuesday."
So does anybody at White Water Voyages know if Wiglesworth leaves the show with the million bucks?
No.
"We don't know yet," Brennan said. "We have no clue. She hasn't told anybody. Nobody knows around here."
Dave Churchill, 33, of West Sussex, England, who works with Wiglesworth as a guide, said he understands Wiglesworth's silence.
"She signed the contract and all of that, so they can't talk about it," he said. "We tried to give her a break."
"To be honest, I've been watching the show and I don't really want to know," he added.
Customers of White Water Voyages ask for Wiglesworth and she gets plenty of interrogation.
"She's real patient and tells people that she can't talk about it," Churchill said. "She talks about it a little bit, but absolutely not who the winner is."
Sherry Patterson, who runs the River View Lodge in Kernville, knows Wiglesworth and says the contestant has not shown any signs of new wealth. Wiglesworth's only car is a 1991 Saturn with a roof rack, she said.
Wiglesworth's TV fame prompted disclosure of her arrest record.
On July 20, 1997, in Las Vegas, Wiglesworth was arrested on a domestic battery charge after police say she bit her now ex-husband in the nose when he lost their house keys.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department offered to extradite her to North Carolina on a warrant related to a credit card charge, but Greensboro authorities declined to pay the cost and she was released, said Sgt. Christopher Darcy, public information officer for Las Vegas Metro.
"Everybody's calling me on this. It's pretty funny," Darcy said, adding, "My money's on Rudy."

RUDY BOESCH
Boesch, 72, is the grizzled, grouchy, former Navy SEAL who narrowly escaped being kicked off the island several times.
Every week, he managed to be just a smidgen less threatening or obnoxious than one of the other islanders.
Never one to keep an unflattering opinion to himself, Boesch courted expulsion with several comments during the series.
Early on, when contestant Dirk Been was voted out, the Bible-toting Been said he thought the reason was that his strong Christian belief made the others jealous.
This caused Boesch to remark, "The only reason I'd bring a Bible out here is if I needed toilet paper."
Been later said that he was disappointed by the comment, but that he and Boesch had a good relationship and that the comment probably was taken out of context.
Boesch, of Virginia Beach, Va., was a Navy enlisted man for 45 years and one of the original 50 Navy SEAL Team 2 members in 1962. He completed two combat deployments to Vietnam. He works out daily and enjoys fishing. In July he won a local tournament by catching a 115-pound bluefin tuna.
In Boesch's neighborhood, Bill Swertferger, his neighbor for 35 years, said the contestant hasn't breathed a word about his fate on the show.
"There's a lot of Rudy hype around here," Swertferger said. "He wouldn't tell the Gestapo if they were torturing him." In fact, he said he doubts whether Boesch has even told his wife and daughters whether he won.
Roy Burton 3rd, Boesch's neighbor for 20 years and a racquetball partner, agrees.
"Rudy is a Navy Seal," he said. "If he said he wouldn't tell anybody, he would slit his own wrists before he did.
"I haven't even asked him if he won," Burton said. "I respect him enough not to ask when I know he cannot say. There are definitely no changes in his lifestyle, and there probably won't be if he wins the million dollars. He'll probably just give the money to his kids and grandchildren."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •