The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-15-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Yeah, you know what time it is. It's that time. Do it.

Seasons
Borneo
Australia
Africa
Marquesas
Thailand
Amazon
Pearl Islands
All-Stars
Vanuatu
Palau
Guatemala
Exile Island

Winners
Richard Hatch
Tina Wesson
Ethan Zohn
Vecepia Towery
Brian Heidik
Jenna Morasca
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Amber Mariano
Chris Daugherty
Tom Westman
Danni Boatwright
Aras Baskauskas

My personal rankings?

1. Australia. - I loved it because the game was still fresh and new, only people actually had a clue what they were doing. Plus, the cast was great and I didn't find that there was anyone I didn't like (except Keith, maybe).
2. Guatemala. - The season panned out beautifully, with all the UTR-types gone in the beginning. Again, great cast and I didn't dislike anyone except maybe Margaret.
3. Exile Island. - With the exception of Terry's domination of challenges, I loved this season. It was fantastic. I fell in love with Casaya, and how dysfunctional-yet-successful they were. It was great. Again, great cast and the only person I don't like is Terry.
4. Borneo. - The original season, how could you not like it?
5. All-Stars. - Most people hated it but I bought the season on DVD, re-watched it and I must say it was great. I didn't find anything that happened to be all too horrible, I actually liked it.
6. Marquesas. - I don't remember anything about this season, but I remember loving it when it was on.
7. Amazon. - Besides the dumb production move to split them up by gender, Amazon was...halfway decent. Nobody really interesting, nothing really happened...ya know.
8. Palau. - I liked most of the people, but Tom Westman ruined the whole thing for me. Again, not too memorable...I dunno.
9. Thailand. - I'm 100% indifferent about this one. I can't remember a single thing except Granny Jan burying the little bat and the final immunity was in that weird Thai-looking contraption.
10. Pearl Islands. - From what I can remember, I didn't like this season at all. I was debating whether I should have bought the DVD or not in case my memory is off, but then again...if it wasn't off? I'd rather not take the chance. $50 isn't easy for me to come by
11. Vanuatu. - Worst finale ever. I despised everyone in the final 3. And all the young people were voted off at the beginning, leaving us with a bunch of old farts. Booooo.
12. Africa. - *Snore*

As for the winners...

1. Aras Baskauskas. - For once, my season favorite won.
2. Danni Boatwright. - I just liked her.
3. Dicque. - I would've put him higher, only the truth was that he wasn't really up against any sort of competition. In one way, that's honorable but at the same time it's like...did he really have to try?
4. Sandra Diaz-Twine. - I just remember she was one of my favorites.
5. Tina Wesson. - She pretty much pwned Australia. I don't remember exactly how, but she did.
6. Brian Heidik. - Same as with Dicque. He wasn't up against anything.
7. Jenna Morasca. - As far as I can remember, she never really did anything except strip for chocolate and peanut butter.
8. Ethan Zohn. - Eh, I dunno. He was OK, I guess.
9. Amber Mariano. - I loved Amber, but she only won because Rob wasn't necessarily the "jury favorite".
10. Vecepia Towery. - Not memorable at all. The only thing I remember her saying is "this is too. much. drama".
11. Chris Daugherty. - They were gonna vote him off first. He shouldn't have won.
12. Tom Westman. - Boooooo. My third-least favorite Survivor ever.

Rank them for yourself.

Now.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... silentJ 05-15-06 1
 Scorecard michel 05-16-06 2
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Colonel Zoidberg 05-16-06 3
   Nice list michel 05-17-06 6
       RE: Nice list Colonel Zoidberg 05-18-06 21
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... smokedog 05-17-06 4
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... xwraith27 05-17-06 5
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... survivor_21 05-17-06 7
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Rasta 05-17-06 8
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... emydi 05-17-06 9
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... RonReports 05-17-06 10
   RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Wacko Jacko 05-17-06 11
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... princat 05-17-06 12
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... CattyChat 05-17-06 13
   RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... electropoprebel 05-17-06 14
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... iltarion 05-18-06 15
   RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... michel 05-18-06 16
       RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Leigh 05-18-06 17
       RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... iltarion 05-18-06 20
           RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... michel 05-19-06 22
   RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Quiddity99 05-21-06 26
       RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... iltarion 05-23-06 27
           RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Quiddity99 05-23-06 28
               RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... iltarion 05-25-06 29
                   RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Quiddity99 05-25-06 30
                       RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... iltarion 05-26-06 31
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... weltek 05-18-06 18
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Jims02 05-18-06 19
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... southpaw 05-20-06 23
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... MacabreMasquerade 05-21-06 24
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... Quiddity99 05-21-06 25
 RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winn... dreamerbeliever 05-29-06 32
 Adding it up: A new king is crowne... michel 06-03-06 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-15-06, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
1. Borneo- There was still something magical then.
2. Pearl Islands- Great theme, great people, stupid twist
3. Marquesas- Loved the power shift, hated the rock
4. Amazon- Rob made this game worth watching all by himself
5. Vanuatu- Unpredictible at the end
6. Exile Island-Terry winning would have made this #1
7. Guatamala- ehh.. not bad, not all that good
8. Thailand- Decent, for a Pagonging
9. Africa- Great swap twist, too bad it cost us Silas
10. Outback- They didn't cast a single person I could root for
11. Palau- Way too predictable after the merge
12. All Stars- How can it be "All Stars" if 3/4 of then final four weren't actual stars?

1. Chris Daugherty- Looked and played like me
2. Richard Hatch- Still the master, will be feared at ToC (or incarcerated)
3. Brian Heidik- Had a F2 deal with everyone, brilliant
4. Jenna Morasca- I'll give her credit for beating Rob
5. Ethan Zahn- Well thought and executed strategy
6. Sandra Diaz-Twine- Played well against good players
7. Tina Wesson- Nothing special
8. Danni Boatwright- Bland UTR winner
9. Arse Baskauskas- Terry owned you, and you know it.
10. Tom Westman- Ruined what should have been a great season
11. Vecipia Towery- Won by default, not effort
12. Ambah- Should not have even been on the show

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Scorecard"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

I'll rate the seasons based on Quality of Cast, Location and Theme.
Scoring: 1 = Poor, 2 = Average, 3 = Good, 4 = Great.

1- Guatemala: (10) (3,3,4)Savvy players, majestuous ruins, endurance theme worked well.
2-Australia: (9) (4,3,2) The Outback was challenging, but no real theme
3-Exile Island: (9)(4,2,3) Loved the cast and the theme.
4-Pearl Island: (9) (2,4,3) Panama was new and the pirate theme would've been great without the Outcasts.
5-Palau: (9) (2,3,4) Too many quitters but the war theme was very well applied.
6-Marquesas: (8) (3,3,2) Good cast, nice location.
7-All-Star: (8) (3,3,2) Cast was great only on paper, again Panama, and the theme didn't work as planned.
8-Amazon: (8) (1,4,3) Loved the jungle and men vs women was appropriate. The cast was very weak.
9-Vanuatu: (7) (2,4,1) Location was marvelous with the volcano but repeating men vs women was a mistake.
10-Borneo: (6) (2,2,2) Charming first attempt but not up to today's standards.
11-Africa: (6) (2,2,2) The conditions almost killed the contestants, it killed the story!
12-Thaïland: (5) (1,3,1) Can we forget this one.

Players are scored on Outwitting (strategy), Outlasting (social skills) and Outplaying (challenge performance). To avoid some of the previous pitfalls, I'll add Competition mainly based on Quality of cast in season rankings. All four criteria are rated 1 to 4.

1-Danni: (14) (4,4,3,3) Great strategy and social skills. She won the challenges she had to.
2-Tom: (13) (3,3,4,3) Great challenge player. He was good in all aspects of Survivor.
3-Aras: (12) (3,3,3,3) A very complete player.

4-Tina: (11) (3,3,1,4) Masterminded her alliance.

5-Richard: (10) (4,2,2,2) He invented the strategy.

6-Chris: (10) (3,2,3,2) Had F2 alliances with everyone. Won the challenges he needed.

7-Brian: (9)(3,2,3,1) He tricked everyone, won the challenges he needed even if his competition was very poor.

8-Sandra: (9) (3,3,1,2) She adapted and was determined to go on.

9-Amber: (9) (2,3,1,3) She knew who to follow.

10-Ethan: (9) (2,3,2,2) He knew who to follow.

11-Jenna: (8) (1,2,4,1) Won many challenges but poor competition. No Strategy and a spoiled brat!

12-Vee: (7) (3,1,1,2) Knew how to keep out of the way, the camera also lost her at times!

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-16-06, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
OK, for the seasons, I used a scale of 0-10 for ten different categories. Four were for cast, four for production, one was for memorable moments of the season, and one was my discretion. Since all were out of 10, they were all weighted equally, so maximum scores were out of 100. I scored them in this order, and all scores are listed with numbers in this order followed by an overall score.

Winner - How good was the winner? Did they earn it? Were they memorable?
Final Four - All four members of the final four are thought out in this one.
Memorable People - How many people were really memorable from that season? Up to 10.
Gameplay - How good were the players? Thrown into the same situation with the best gamers, would they hold their own?
Theme - What was the theme and how well did it work? Was there a theme?
Challenges - Too easy? Too hard? Too slow? Or were they truly memorable?
Scenery - Was it really scenic, or did it look like a craphole?
Twists - A lot of seasons had twists that caught the players off guard. Did they work?
Moments - What were the moments by which the season was remembered? Is that what a Survivor season should best be remembered for?
Discretion - All this was from my own noodle.

Now, for the rankings.

1. Guatemala - 10, 9, 10, 9, 9, 9, 10, 9, 9, 9 - 93
2. Palau - 10, 8, 8, 8, 10, 9, 10, 8, 9, 9 - 89
3. Pearl Islands - 8, 6, 8, 9, 9, 7, 9, 8, 9, 10 - 83
4. Borneo - 9, 10, 8, 5, 8, 8, 8, 8, 10, 8 - 82
5. Australian Outback - 7, 8, 10, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 8, 8 - 78
6. Marquesas - 7, 8, 10, 9, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 7 - 78
7. Exile Island - 8, 9, 9, 7, 7, 8, 7, 8, 7, 7 - 77
8. Amazon - 7, 9, 7, 8, 8, 7, 8, 8, 7, 7 - 76
9. All-Stars - 7, 7, 10, 6, 8, 7, 7, 7, 10, 6 - 75
10. Africa - 8, 9, 8, 6, 7, 7, 6, 8, 7, 8 - 74
11. Vanuatu - 8, 7, 6, 8, 7, 7, 6, 6, 6, 7 - 68
12. Thailand - 7, 7, 6, 5, 7, 6, 8, 5, 5, 5 - 61

Now for the winners. This is a little less scientific.

1. Tom Westman - Talk about domination. He owned this season from start to finish. He had a target the size of Manhattan Island on his back. However, Koror had three opportunities to vote him out. The first time, they weren't going to vote him out over Willard. Come on. The next time, he managed to sway Caryn away from the women's alliance and get Steph out. Well played. The next time, he turned Caryn into an Oscar winner and left Gregg out in the cold - and all this time, despite a colossal target, he DIDN'T GET A SINGLE VOTE AGAINST HIM. No one. Plus he scored a 6-1 win in the final vote...not that anyone that season couldn't have beaten Katie...

2. Danni Boatwright - At the start of the season, I couldn't have imagined her winning or even coming close. She was an early jury boot; she was this season's Jerri. Basically, she didn't stand a chance. She flipped and got rid of a strong ally. She tried to invite an unwilling opposing tribe over for a birthday party. Her allies were all Pagonged; no one in the Yaxha alliance as we know it finished better than seventh - except for Danni. Her strategy seemed to consist of: Don't make a fool of herself, let her allies drop, win key challenges late in the game, and let major players commit game-ending blunders (Judd trusting the Nakum alliance, Cindy blabbing about her car, Lydia becoming untrustworthy.) Also, she picked the perfect final two opponent.

3. Richard Hatch - He's the king. No one else had an idea what to do. Richard wrote the book won winning the game. Sure, people thought he might be annoying. But for himself early on, he decided a novel strategy such as - gasp! - feeding the tribe. Surely no one will vote off the one who catches fish! Well, he was right. No one wanted to go hungry. Come the merge, he had another novel idea of forming - gasp! - a voting bloc. Well, it worked. Of course, people were so against the idea of an alliance that they had to keep it hidden, and one of their charter members even dissolved her part in the alliance, but damn it, it worked. The Tagi Four were the last four, and Richard Hatch, the puppetmaster, was the winner. Now if only he had paid his taxes...

4. Chris Daugherty - Talk about a comeback. After watching the first episode, there was no way in hell Chris was going to make it past the first few votes, let alone come away a millionaire. There were so many factors working against him - he bombed the first challenge, he wasn't much help in any of the other challenges, his hand-signal system cost him a member after the switch, he was the victim of Julie's lie about Sarge promising him F4, he was in a minority alliance that was earmarked for extinction from a man-hating alliance led by a queen man-hater, and he was the last man standing - without immunity. But what's this? He has a chance here. Granted, it was mostly Twila's idea, but he executed Eliza's survival, and he went from a dead man walking to the most powerful player in the game in a matter of a couple of episodes. Soon, he was untouchable, and no one was going to vote for the abrasive Twila, now were they?

5. Sandra Diaz-Twine - She was all over the map this season. Granted, in terms of challenges, she was the Pearl Islands' poopy-flavored lollipop, though a case could be made for Skinny Ryan...but those were the cards she was dealt, and she ran with them. She was the third in the power alliance, which worked out really well for her, since the power alliance was picked off in order from most powerful to least powerful. I guess they never got around to picking off the least powerful, or even tossing a stray vote her way. Just remember this one lesson from Sandra, kids - in every season, there are whales and shrimp. In war, when the whales fight, the shrimp get crushed. In Survivor, when the whales fight, the shrimp get to the final four.

6. Ethan Zohn - Just a genuinely likeable guy who was pretty good in challenges and always had a human shield. He didn't go on a lot of rewards, since Lex won a lot of those, and his biggest bond was with Big Tom. What does this mean? Mama Kim, who seemed to play a pretty good social game, was left to bond with the other member of the Boran alliance. So when Lex and Tom turn against each other, everything turns upside-down. Lex's gut betrayed him, and it all came down to one thing - that bond. Ethan's bond with a woman who couldn't possibly win the game got him the victory. Well, that and letting the human shields of his alliance drop.

7. Aras Baskauskas - This is high for someone I am still asking, "How the FVCK did that guy win?" Let's put it this way - Tina, Ethan, Brian, Sandra, and Tom all won the game. NONE of them got a single vote against them. Danni got one vote against. Vecepia and Chris? Two. Jenna got three. Rich and Amber, until recently, shared the record with six (counting Kelly's initial vote against Rich in F4.) Allow me to roll off how many votes Aras had against him. Shane's stray vote in that wacky TC when Bobby got booted. Then three votes when Austin got tossed, and then two votes when Sally got tossed. Also, two more when Courtney got heaved. And there was a vote they didn't show at Shane's ouster - Terry's vote for Aras. That means? NINE votes against. Nine. That's more votes than Tina, Ethan, Vecepia, Brian, Jenna, Sandra, Chris, Tom, and Danni COMBINED. That's a hell of a thing to come back from. However, all this time we thought Aras was just a punk kid who couldn't beat Terry, a man twice his age. What we might have thought about is that, if Terry lost, Casaya would have targeted him in order to flush out the idol. The vote would go against Aras then. What we didn't realize is that Aras knew that as well, so it was in his best interests to continue to finish second. Factor out the idol. Would Aras have won a couple of those challenges?

8. Brian Heidik - OK, so he's another Richard Hatch. So why is he five places below Richard? Well, they both masterminded an alliance that ended up taking him all the way. They were both on the good side of a Pagonging. Both had their own tribes' respect but were disdained by the opposing tribe, going one for four in gaining the other tribes' players' votes but were perfect in getting their own. Part of that was going against players who were seen as worse by their own tribe (Kelly was a traitor to the alliance; Clay just didn't get along with any of them.) Also, just about all of their opponents were vastly overmatched, and those who weren't were out far too early to make a difference. So why the difference? Richard Hatch was an innovator. Brian Heidik wasn't. Richard Hatch invented a way to win the game. Brian Heidik invented a way to play a guitar to a million bucks, and plenty of people have done that.

9. Tina Wesson - Richard Hatch invented a way to win the game by being out in front and controlling the game overtly. Tina Wesson invented a way to win the game by controlling it far more behind the scenes. What did Tina do? Is it difficult to remember? Well, let's see. Maybe she wouldn't have won if Michael hadn't fallen into the fire. Maybe she wouldn't have won if Kimmi hadn't blabbed Jeff's stray votes. Or if Amber had turned on her. Not that any of this was really going to happen. She played a game of tribal loyalty, and there was no reason, at the time, to believe that anything different was likely to happen. Aside from that, Tina aligned herself with two strong, challenge-worthy men who weren't fond of each other, including a man who chose to spite the other person instead of taking the easy win. When you become the focal point of an alliance with two men who hate each other enough to throw away $900,000 in order to see that the other person doesn't win it. Well done.

10. Vecepia Towery - At one point, I thought she was the best player ever to win the game. But what did she do besides lay low and stab a worthy opponent in the back? So she aligned with Rob and Sarah. She could just as easily have stuck with Hunter and Gina, and she might have done just as well; Hunter would have been seen as a threat by the other tribe, and Gina would have been seen as the one who was too close to Hunter and picked off accordingly. Also, did Vee overthrow the Rotu 4? Not really. That was Rob and Sean's doing. Sheesh. Rob did more to toss the Rotus on their ear than Vee did. Vee got a million clams for it. Rob got...well, he got a spot on All-Stars. He got to propose to Amber on national TV. He got his wedding paid for by CBS. So I guess he did OK. But let's be honest. Vecepia Towery is the only person ever to win the game by being a loner. No one else has ever managed to duplicate that. So at least she's not a total loss.

11. Jenna Morasca - Well, she did win four immunity challenges. Two were a crapshoot that she really didn't need (she coughed up immunity when Christy got voted out.) Like Mama Kim, she won immunity when she was earmarked for likely destruction. She won because her opponent was seen as unable to play the game. Granted, Matt learned the game on the fly, but still, people are still up in arms over how Jenna won in a blowout. We could see a close win - Alex, Heidi, and Dave were voting for her. Deena wasn't going to vote for a guy. We could even see how Rob would vote for Jenna. But no one, to this day, understands how Christy decided to vote for Jenna. No one buys any of her explanations. Frankly, none of them really make a lot of sense. She outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted? Hardy har har. She was an original Jaburu? Like that means anything. Matt f-ed up her question by accusing Christy of having a "funky accent"? Maybe. But still. Burying 39 days of animosity and wanting to ensure her "evil stepsisters" didn't get the top prize just because of one comment that Matt probably didn't mean by that? Wow.

12. Amber Brkich - I remember looking at the All-Star cast at the beginning of the season and predicting that Amber would be the first one gone. She was a beneficiary of a few things - Rob liked her, the other Rob screwed around, Alicia and Tom didn't know what the hell they were doing, Lex actually agreed to save Amber BECAUSE OF ROB'S PLEA (which was probably against some rule somewhere) and - oh yeah - a lot of tribal loyalty, and people being ticked at Rob for ruining them. What does that mean? People weren't voting for Amber to win. They were spite-voting against Rob. Big Tom did that. So did Alicia. Same for Lex. Kathy spite-voted against Amber; reverse all the spite-votes and Rob wins 5-2. She won this season because she was seen as the lesser of two evils. By a big chunk of the jury. Of the four people who voted for Amber, a grand total of ONE voted for her because she thought Amber played a better game. Are there any other winners who got only one vote for them, with the other three going against their opponent?

05-17-06, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Nice list"
Very nicely thought-out list. We have a few differences but that is the nature of lists. Just a comment on the question about Aras: Except for the first merge challenge where he had enough targets anyway, he did try to beat Terry. If he has immunity, he gets rid of the idol with no risks to himself. He got beaten by a very strong and determined man. That he kept his focus and his alliance tight shows he played a complete game.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-18-06, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Nice list"
Hmmm...you may have a point with that. However, I think Aras understood one principle: As long as either he OR Terry won immunity, he was in good shape. Let's go back to the second individual challenge. Terry was going to win that going away, but let's say that...oh, Sally or Austin pulled it off. Casaya votes Terry and crosses their fingers. La Mina votes Aras. For all of us scoring at home, that means Aras goes home and the idol goes back to Exile. So it was in Aras' best interests to keep the war going between himself and Terry. That and he wasn't a complete fvckwit, which killed Shane and Courtney.

However, Aras' saving grace was final four immunity. He had a pretty big lead most of the time but started to blow it. If he lost his lead, Terry would have won and could have slipped his idol to Danielle. At that point, Aras doesn't stand a chance. The final three would be a wash for Danielle, and considering Danielle's reasoning for taking Aras to the finals, we can reason this - everyone knew Cirie would slaughter any Casaya. No one wanted to go to the finals. I could play this out forever...

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-17-06, 02:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Winners:
1. Brian
2. Tom
3. Richard
4. Chris
5. Danni
6. Sandra
7. Vecepia
8. Aras
9. Ethan
10. Tina
11. Amber
12. Jenna

Seasons:
1. Pearl Islands
2. Marquesas
3. Palau
4. Original
5. Australia
6. Guatemala
7. Vanuatu
8. Exile Island
9. Amazon
10. Africa
11. Thailand
12. All Stars

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-17-06, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Purely based on personal biases and preference,

Winners:
1. Richard
2. Tom
3. Danni
4. Tina
5. Brian
6. Sandra
7. Ethan
8. Aras
9. Chris
10. Jenna
11. Vecepia
12. Amber

Seasons:
1. Borneo
2. Amazon
3. Pearl Islands
4. Australia
5. Guatemala
6. Panama (I refuse to call it Exile Island)
7. Marquesas
8. Palau
9. Africa
10. Vanuatu
11. All Stars
12. Thailand

survivor_21 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-17-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_21 Click to send private message to survivor_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
I think I'll rate the seasons based on how I personally enjoyed them (cast, entertainment, twists, etc)

Seasons:
Marquesas
Vanuatu
Amazon
Austrailia
Pearl Islands
Borneo
All-Stars
Exile Island
Palau
Guatemala
Africa
Thiland

Winners:
Richard Hatch
Chris Daugherty
Tom Westman
Aras Baskauskas
Amber Mariano
Jenna Morasca
Danni Boatwright
Ethan Zohn
Brian Heidik
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Tina Wesson
Vecepia Towery

Rasta 210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rasta Click to send private message to Rasta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Seasons
1 Palau - Tom, Ian, Steph!
2 Australia
3 All-Stars - What can I say. I liked Romber.
4 Borneo
5 Africa
6 Pearl Islands
7 Amazon
8 Marquesas - demise of the Rotu4 was awesome
9 Exile Island
10 Guatemala - Loved Danni, but not much else
11 Vanuatu - felt like a NOW convention
12 Thailand - Ghandia, Clay, Shia Ann: yuck!

Winners
1 Tom Westman - best survivor ever
2 Danni Boatwright
3 Ethan Zohn
4 Richard Hatch
5 Brian Heidik
6 Tina Wesson
7 Jenna Morasca
8 Amber Mariano
9 Chris Daugherty
10 Aras Baskauskas
11 Sandra Diaz-Twine - I hate UTR players
12 Vecepia Towery - ditto

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
I do this every time and I'm sure my lists are a bit different every time

1. Amazon..I loved Rob C
2. Exile Island..interesting survivors, loved the winner
3. Vanuatu-I loved the setting and Chris' play
4. Australia--interesting survivors
5. Borneo-good villain
6. Marquesas-I liked it post merge
7. Guatemala-I like some of the survivors
8. Pearl Islands--this season is losing ground...
9. Palau-ick Tom
10. Africa-meh
11. Thailand--I don't remember this at all
12. All Stars-sucktitude!

WINNERS:

1. Aras-finally one I liked won it(he'll probably be lower next time)
2. #####-made the show last!
3. Chris-great play/strategy
4. Sandra-loved her
5. Brian-good winner not good person
6. Danni-just a bit more inv than V
7. V-too invisible
8. Tina-meh
9. Ethan-meh
10. Jenna-meh
11. Tom-ick
12. Ambuh-horrible

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
My ranking of winners, from my most favorite to my least favorite:

1 Tom Westman
2 Richard Hatch
3 Ethan Zohn
4 Amber Mariano
5 Aras Baskauskas
6 Danni Boatwright
7 Tina Wesson
8 Jenna Morasca
9 Brian Heidik
10 Chris Daugherty
11 Vecepia Towery
12 Sandra Diaz-Twine

The winners were memorable but some of the seasons were not.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-17-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

1. Outback- Great cast 80% could be on All-Stars
2. Guatamala- Also a great cast. I liked bringing back BJ and Steph.
3. Amazon- I liked the cast a lot, just not the winner
4. Exile Island-Nothing more boring than an alliance holding up, but good otherwise
5. Palau- I liked both tribes in this one. Liked almost everyone in the cast. The Winner was finally deserving.
6. Pearl Islands- Good cast, losers coming back kinda dampened things - Lil in the finals...yuck...and Sandra PU.
7. Africa- I liked the cast and Africa was different now looking back...we need another africa.
8. Thailand- My favorite tribe got creamed. Pagonging but still interesting
9. Marquesas- Execpt for the cast this one had some memorable moments
10. Borneo- Did not watch, just know highlights
11. All Stars- Those that did well were eliminted first for no other reason
12. Vanuatu- PU, this Survivor was tired. Men vs Woman angle offered Men voting out the most athletic first. Really an unmemorable cast.

1. Tom Westman- Most deserving winner yet...and I liked him
2. Arse Baskauskas- Wanted Terry to win, but Aras was good.
3. Brian Heidik- Best two-face of all time
4. Ethan Zahn- Likable guy...except he is dating Morasca
5. Ambah- Rob was the master but I think both called the shots
6. Danni Boatwright- Bland UTR winner, but likable.
7. Tina Wesson- Nothing special...game mastery was left off screen
8. Chris Daugherty- Bad season, had some luck to win but ok with him
9. Richard Hatch- Did not watch, but I understand he was good.
10. Sandra Diaz-Twine- I did not like her like others. What did she do right except get on the right tribe and get lucky. Anyone could've beaten Lil.....even Boston Rob or Johnny Fairplay.
11. Vecipia Towery- Bland winner, bland season
12. Jenna Morasca- Ruined what was otherwise a great season. Still don't see why other voted for her....was it because of her personal problems. I dont know.

princat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-06, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princat Click to send private message to princat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Seasons
1.Exile Island- I know its the mst recent but I have to say they make up one of my favorite casts and I'm happy w/ the winner.
2.Africa- Nice twist w/ tribe switch. Thoguh It seems likeI'm in the minority I always like watching this one.
3.Australia- Another very good cast lots of drama is always good
4.Guatemala- intense compeition and a lot of deceit makes for a interesting season.
5.Amazon-
6.Borneo- The original so deserves higher then others but it kinda sucks with some really not knowing how to play
7.Palau- The most dominate trip ever.. was interesting to see what org looked like misfits perform like they did but season was ruined when Ian gave in to Tom.
8.Vanuatu- cant remember a ton about this one. Though I know how amazed I was when Chris pulled out a win.
9.Pearl Islands- rewatching on OLN made me realize I really didnt like most of this season
10.All-Stars- Higher then other 2 cause I can barely remember anyhting. Didnt like alliances made before the show.
11.Marquesas- I hate vecepia winning only positive point was how the Rotu 4 were picked off for cockiness.
12.Thailand- Ugh one cast I didnt really like except for one or 2 and too much of a cake walk for Brian.

Winners

1.Ethan Zohn
2.Danni Boatwright
3.Jenna Morasca
4.Aras Baskauskas
5.Chris Daugherty
6.Sandra Diaz-Twine
7.Richard Hatch-
8.Brian Heidik
9.Tina Wesson
10.Tom Westman
11.Amber Mariano
12.Vecepia Towery

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
SEASONS

1. Exile Island - Loved how the game was FINALLY changed up with twists that actually made an impact -- more tribe changes (though I still would have liked a couple TC's as tribes of 4 -- then the "school yard" pick with them riding out another 6 or 9 days -- and then one more tribe mix-up before the final merge). I love the II and Exile scenario. The casting was great. In the beginning I enjoyed that it really was unpredictable, because the "crazy, non-unified, bickering tribe" actually ended up with the numbers over the tribe that was unified, got along and were organized. The only thing that would have made it better is if Terry would have won or if Terry, Sally & Austin could have gotten Bruce and someone else to flip giving LaMina the numbers -- OR if LaMina would have had the numbers going in and we could have seen if the all-male alliance would have done the may the best man win at F4. (Of course that might be boring if no one is at each other's throats hating.)

2. Australia - I really enjoyed this season because of it's locale, excitement and a few of my fave players were in that season -- Elisabeth, Mike Skupin, Alicia, Roger -- and, of course, one of my fave love-to-hate players Jerri.

3. Borneo - Mostly this high out of respect because it was the original. I watched from the beginning with excitement and then I was slightly disappointed when I realized that the "Diques" were in there to manipulate, backstab and lie. I hated the likes of Dique, Susan, et al because I was in the "idealistic" mindset of Survivor. But, at least there was Rudy. He made the season for me.

4. All-Stars - LOVED All-Stars, especially because it shed new light on many players and changed my personal opinions on a couple of them. This is where I gained a whole new appreciation and respect for Boston Rob (who was robbed of the title, BTW). I enjoyed seeing Amber & Rob first start out using each other for strategical purposes and then fall in love (awww). Some of my faves were back so I was able to get more of them . . . Rudy, Alicia, ShiiAnn, Rupert. Indulgent fun.

5. Pearl Islands - The Yin and Yang season for me. I LOVED the start of the season -- great twist, but I HATED the return of the losers, though -- worst twist ever. Rupert the Pirate was great to watch, but I had to suffer through Lil the Scoutmaster. Oh and then there was Fairplay -- I knew he was lying about his grandma as soon as he said it -- when it was confirmed, I couldn't believe one could stoop so low.

6. Africa - For me, this looked like it would have been the hardest season to be on. As soon as I saw the "waterhole" all mucky I thought there is no way even with boiling I would drink that water. This was also only one of 2 seasons where someone I was rooting for actually won. Tom with the feather up his arse was a bit much, though.

7. Guatemala - Again, a season that had a great start. The hike was great and really got things off to a bang. The Axis of Evil, headed by "Evil Steph" was love-to-hate-them. While not who I wanted to win, Danni was still high on my list. Bonus points because neither Steph, Judd nor Jamie won --thank the Mayan gods.

8. Marquesas - It was great until Rob was voted out, then I really didn't care about anyone except Kathy. Vecepia, BORING and one of the most UTR players ever. Neleh -- annoying. Pasqual was okay.

9. Palau - Surprisingly low on my list when one of my most favorite players was not only on this season, but actually WON!! Unfortunately the rest of the cast was rather ho-hum and many were annoying. Also, there was just no competition as Tom's tribe dominated and just picked everyone off one-by-one. I was rooting for "Good Steph" in this episode to knock Katie-Cow out and take her place in the alliance with Tom & Ian. THAT would have been good.

10. Amazon - First off, Matthew was another one robbed of the title. He deserved it over Jenna & nothing irks me more than stupid jurors voting for the wrong person. The only redeeming aspects of this season were ROB C and, to a lesser extent, Matthew & Christy.

11. Thailand - Worst group of survivors E.V.E.R. No one interesting except Shii Ann. I despised Brian and Clay and Ghandia, batty Jan annoyed the heck out of me, Helen grated on my nerves & Ted was just a sloth. No respect for Brian's "gameplay" because he played with the dumbest, most clueless survivors in any season.

12. Vanuatu - Harpies versus The Ed Bundys. Back-2-Back two horrible, horrible seasons of survivor made me worry if I would quit watching -- thankfully things got better. As soon as the "Ed Bundy's" were stupid enough to vote off all the young, athletic guys right off the bat, way too early, thereby allowing the women to beat the tar out of all the overweight sad sacks of you-know-what. Then, even when the Harpies are winning they were just bitter and nasty (a lot like my thoughts of this season ). I did like Chad, though.

WINNERS

1. Tom - He was the man. FINALLY, a season where the person who actually COULD survive wins. He dominated and with the help of being on the winning tribe with the numbers (unlike Terry ) Tom was able to outlast the obvious target on his back. I was disappointed in some of his actions (fall-down drunk & slight temper at times) and his alliance with Katie really disappointed me, but other than Ethan, the only time someone I was rooting for won. (If only things were different on Exile Isle, this spot would be inhabited by Terry).

2. Amber - This high, because in my eyes this is basically Rob's win. The Robfather orchestrated that season superbly and even better came out of it with a great gal. Never had any real opinion of Amber until after the "Reunion" and seeing that she really did fall in love with Rob and she wasn't just "using him" to ride his coattails. Plus adding in their TAR appearance and Wedding, she is a sweet girl. But, overall this was Rob's win, so my 2nd favorite (would be my number 1 if he had actually won over Amber).

3. Ethan - Great guy. I was rooting for him from the beginning. One of the very few who didn't lie, cheat and steal their way to a win.

4. Sandra - She played a much better game than most people give her credit for and I don't feel she was UTR at all. She started off with a bang, along with Rupert's pillaging of supplies, Sandra was able to use her fluency in Spanish negotiate with the locals and helped her tribe come out with a lot of supplies. She never trusted anyone and caught many people in the act of betrayal. Since Rupert didn't win, the next best person did. Sandra will always be one of my favorite players.

5. Danni - She was a STRONG underdog. She was able to craftily dodge the bullet a few times and fought her way to the top. Well deserved win.

If I HAVE to rank the remaining winners . . .

6. Aras - The best of the rest. I didn't like his arrogance and flakiness at the start. He then had his "mature" moments and I have to give him credit for really being the glue (along with Cirie) that held his rtibe together & he was really the only to give my man Terry a run for his money in challenges. Unfortunately, he had quite a few "ugly" moments, most notably his attack of Bruce & his "zen" garden and his "threatening/manipulation of Danielle" if she didn't take him to F2. I do think he's a good guy at heart, who just has some growing up to do and hopefully his experience on Survivor did just that.

7. Dicque - Despised him when he played, but have to grudgingly give him credit for his shrewd gameplay and setting the standard for the "snakes" that followed him.

8. Tina - She was nice, but no real personality or anything to make me WANT her to win.

9. Chris - Did nothing for me, but I was glad he was able to foil the Harpies' plans.

10. Vecepia - She was nice, but basically invisible. Really did nothing to earn her win.

11. Jenna - Most undeserved win ever. Worst thing is she thinks she "played a great game." Total luck and if only Rob C didn't let his "little head" do so much thinking for him, she would have been gone with Heidi much earlier. Seriously, after they stripped naked and showed their emaciated goods, what good were they to the guys after that? Purpose served, Rob should've really been smart and realized that was all he was going to get & cut them loose.

12. Brian - DESPISED this slimy used car salesman. The epitomy of Creep. I'll never understand how no one saw through this guy. My jackazz radar was off the charts with this guy. Then, seeing him on the Emmy's Red Carpet that year with his full length fur coat and "bling" looking like a total pimp just brought into color what I was already imagining in my head.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

electropoprebel 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-17-06, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail electropoprebel Click to send private message to electropoprebel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
SEASONS

1. Marquesas (S4)
2. Amazon (S6)
3. Exile Island (S12)
4. Borneo (S1)
5. All-Stars (S8)
6. Guatemala (S11)
7. Australia (S2)
8. Africa (S3)
9. Palau (S10)
10. Pearl Islands (S7)
11. Vanautu (S9)
12. Thailand (S5)

WINNERS

1. Tom (S10)
2. Aras (S12)
3. Tina (S2)
4. Rich (S1)
5. Brian (S5)
6. Danni (S11)
7. Vecepia (S4)
8. Chris (S9)
9. Sandra (S7)
10. Ethan (S3)
11. Amber (S8)
12. Jenna M (S6)

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Wow, as usual, opinions vary. I can't believe I'm doing another one of these lists again so soon. Seems like I just got done arguing with michel over Danni Boatwright a couple weeks ago. Well, I have rewatched several of the seasons thanks to OLN. So here is the newest list. By the way, this is not a list of favorites. This is a ranking of what seasons and winners I really thought were the best, and there is a difference.

SEASONS

1. ALL STARS - #1 for pure entertainment, mostly thanks to Rob M in the most entertaining Survivor performance ever. Everyone knew how to play. Because we knew everyone, the editing didn't have to spend a lot of time in one place. It had the strongest tribe, Chapera, that also had the most fun, AND it had Survivor's only romance, which turned out bonafide unlike most other TV relationships. Past winners being victimized, pre-show alliances, and a bitter jury were drawbacks to the season, but still #1 for entertainment. And how bout my favorite Survivor quote of all-time: (in a Boston Rob confessional about mid-season) "Amber and I will be doing something together after this. We'll be spending my million. Or in worst case scenario, we'll be spending hers!"
2. Australia- No tribe had more likable people than Kucha: Elisabeth, Rodger, Jeff, Nick, Michael, and I even like Alicia. And they really cared for one another and worked wonderfully together. However, like in a Shakesperean tragedy, Skupin plunges into the fire, and Kimmi's loose lips opened the gate for Ogakor, a tribe constantly at war with itself. Had a great villian in Jerri, and one of the best F2s with the charismatic Colby and the quietly strong Tina.
3. Amazon- Funniest season ever. Rob C ushered in the comedic farewells while voting. Fairplay tried copying it in PI but mostly came off as an arse. Rob C dominated the season strategically and controlled as many votes as any Survivor, ever. Men vs. women was sophmoric, but the juxtaposition of the women's determination to win vs. the men's determination to score was classic TV. It had great people and some real jerks, and a surprising but deserving, and attractive, winner.
4. Palau- Koror was the most dominating tribe, ever, with the triumvirate of Tom, Ian, and Coby keying challenge dominance. Steph became endeared to millions when she ended up on a tribe of 1, a unique event in Survivor history. Jennifer was one of Survivor's hottest women ever. Ian showed his character with his sacrifice at the end. And Tom showed that a strong leader COULD win Survivor.
5. Africa- Brutal conditions and first tribal switch. Lex dominated throughout, but a FI sickness opened the door for a victory by Ethan, probably the nicest guy to ever win. Unique environment when compared to all other seasons and very interesting cast of characters.
6. Exile Island- Yes, I think it is good enough to be in the top half. I really liked the Exile Island and HII twist. It was something that had to be factored in to every vote after the merge. Casaya was a cast of crazies that performed well in challenges and had the advantage of an extra tribe member. La Mina superficially appeared to have the stronger tribe, but ultimately couldn't overcome a couple bad breaks and it's own failures. Terry dominated after merge like no other player ever, but Casaya stuck together, out of fear of him as much as anything else, and a Casayan eventually won. Shane brought detox insanity to Survivor, while Cirie brought hope to couch potatoes everywhere. And Sally, Danielle and Misty brought the sexiness that every good Survivor season needs.
7. Thailand- I liked it.I could watch Brian's brilliance all day. It had the old tribe (Chuay Gahn) vs. the young tribe (Sook Jai), with the cocky young tribe dominating early, but after making the classical mistake of voting out some of its strongest members, Sook Jai managed only a tie into the delayed merge, where Brian sealed their fate. This season had some wildly contentious characters in Ghandia, Robb, and Shi Ann, (okay, hated characters), but it had some great challenges and the fabulous Erin and Penny. It also had the worst jury ever, sadly.
8. Guatemala- Very much overhyped season that started out well, but started heading south when old Nakum decided to start voting out it's own members instead of Yixha. I liked BJ and Steph being brought back, but they provided pre-made goats for everyone else. Hidden idol affected the game much less than in EI as the Axis of Evil simply voted out someone else before returning to vote out Gary the next week. The season stepped up when Rafe and Steph dismantled the Axis of Evil. But a FI mistake by Rafe foiled what would have been a dominating win by him, instead handing it to his tag-along Danni, when tribal bitterness and jealously of her second try doomed Steph to 2nd place. Danni is the most attractive and likable Survivor winner, however.
9. Borneo- As the original, it deserves to at least be this high, but no one knew what they were doing, except Hatch. And Survivor, honestly, has gotten a lot better since this.
10. Marquesas- This series had Rob M to carry it the first couple shows, and the hottest Survivor ever in Sarah. But it fell drastically in entertainment value once those 2 were gone. Kathy was really the only likable person after merge. And personally, I would have preferred to see the Rotu 4 as the F4 rather than the F4 of Vecepia, Kathy, Neleh and Pascal any day. 2nd worst F2 ever.
11. Pearl Islands- This season was pretty good pre-merge, including some great team challenges, and Drake was one of the strongest tribes ever. I also loved when Burton talked everyone into throwing a challenge and then was voted off. But post merge it became survival of the weakest with loyalty and alliances meaning nothing. It was the top season for lying and backstabbing and a celebration of the challenge-deficient. Worst F2 ever, and it had the Outcasts, and Lil...
12. Vanuatu- Yeah, we all know the story. The women vs. the men II, except this time the average Joes vote off the bachelors, leading to dominance by the women. Ami and LeeAnn fall victim to their own arrogance, allowing to the tomboyish Twila and Scout to recruit Chris and Eliza and take control of the game. Chris predictably wins the last two challenges and steals the game from the more deserving Twila, who again falls victim to the bitter jury.

Winners

1. Brian- Still the most perfect game. He was NEVER threatened. His competition never really had a chance; so it is hard to truly judge them. We just know they weren't nearly as good as him. Helen at TC gave him credit for "single-handedly winning some of the team challenges" as he carried a very athletically lacking team to a slight majority at the merge. Everyone thought THEY were going to the F2 with him, but he won the last 3 ICs to pick the perfect goat, Clay, and finish his masterpiece. Yeah, he had 3 votes not cast for him, but he knew he didn't need those votes so he made no attempt to gain them.
2. Tom- Tom proved that a strong, upfront, leader could win Survivor. He helped his tribe dominate, and then kept his alliance in control of the game. He might be the best combination of Outplay, Outwit, Outlast ever, but Ian protected him and was a key to his win at the end. Brian needed no such help.
3. Amber- Yeah, Amber. Watching All-Stars again, I realized that it really was about Romber, not just Rob. Chapera dominated mostly because Rob dominated against the men and Amber dominated against the women. Amber came in second nearly every challenge Rob won, and she won the KEY F4 IC. All-around challenge-wise, she was probably the strongest woman ever in Survivor. She also made key strategic decisions including forming the F4 alliance with Jenna and Rupert and getting Big Tom to shake on his F5 vote when her butt was on the line if Big Tom flipped. Rob may have been MORE deserving of the win, but Amber deserved it too.
4. Hatch- He masterminded the alliance strategy and Outwit-wise played as good a game as anyone ever. But this was before players knew the game and how to play, and he was weak in challenges.
5. Jenna- Strategically she wanted to make friends and stick together until the end, a simple, not brilliant strategy. However, it worked until Rob C's betrayal at F7. Young and emotional, she panicked after the betrayal and even gave her immunity to Heidi. But after her buddy, Heidi, was booted, she discovered some strength and beat 4 men in two straight challenges to make the F2. Altogether she won 4 ICs; enough ICs to tie Kelly for the most ever by a woman. Socially she was liked enough to win a vote easily. Strategically she was no mastermind, but it got her to the end. Anyone who wins 4 ICs can not be said to not "deserve" to win.
6. Ethan- He followed Tina as the second consecutive coattail rider to win Survivor. The art of coattail riding is to be decent at challenges but not as good as whoever you are coattailing. It also means playing a good social game and being well-liked. Ethan was very well-liked and solid, though not spectacular, in challenges. I think his strategy was to be himself, and he is maybe the only winner to accomplish both missions.
7. Aras- He was above average in all 3 categories, unspectacular in any. He was well-liked but some immature tantrums cost him Bruce's vote and would have cost him a win against a more adequate opponent. Strategy-wise he did well enough to Outlast everyone, but his F3 would have included two players he couldn't beat. Fortunately for him, he didn't get the F3 he wanted. Challenge-wise he fought hard, but he only won one IC, joining the phalanx of past winners to only win 2 ICs or less (9). He had some good breaks go his tribe's way, and he was the best player on his tribe. Solid winner.
8. Danni- She was on the stronger tribe until she joined in voting off her strongest tribe member, which eventually put her in the minority. Never chose alliance over tribe strength pre-merge. Her strategical play is horrendously overhyped as it was certainly NOT her strategy to have every member of her alliance voted off. It was also not her strategy to align with Rafe and Steph. Rafe and Steph USED her to vote off the more threatening, and less trustworthy, members of their own alliance. They had the perfect gameplan until Danni won FI and stole the game from them. She was extremely likable so I agree that she is tops for social play, but she won 1 non-giftwrapped IC and was terrible in the RCs. And her game play, as explained, was only adequate, not masterful.
9. Chris- I consider Chris and Danni to be nearly identical. Both helped their tribes become the minority at merge. Both were the least threatening members of their tribe, which kept them in the game while their tribemates were pagonged. Both took advantage of two people looking to take control of the game. Chris said himself, "I don't have to do anything and the game changes for me." Exactly. Also like Danni, both won FI and foiled their allies' plans to go to the F2 together. I give Danni a little more credit because her F3 competition was stronger, and because she was more likable, and hotter. Chris played the game from Day 1 though, which is a credit to him.
10. Tina- The original coattail rider. It is alleged that she controled many of the votes that the Keith, Colby, Tina alliance made. Maybe she did. Though the risky idea of voting out Jerri before Elisabeth was mostly heralded by Keith, and it was Colby who deceived Jerri before the key Mitchell boot. And it was Colby who ultimately made that decision, not Tina. Tina had no choice but to side with Keith because she was the next boot after Keith, if it went that way. It was also Colby that deceived Kucha to foolishly vote for him at the crucial merge TC, and it was Colby that CHOSE to take Tina to F2. Unless Tina knows hypnotism, she shouldn't get too much credit for a decision that Colby ultimately made. She was a strong, quiet, intelligent woman though who deserved to win, even if bitterness by Jerri gave her the win.
11. Vecepia- Praise the Lord! I am bored out of my mind! I can prove that you need to do absolutely nothing to win Survivor. She was more deserving than Neleh. As was I...
12. Sandra- UTR perfection. She said in TC, "I got here because I was weak. No one was afraid of Sandra. No one thought of Sandra." That is the mantra of UTR. She was willing to vote for anyone as long as it wasn't her, as she stated several times. Loyalty and alliances meant nothing. She even considered voting out her buddy Krista at one point. She was a nasty person with no challenge ability whatsoever. She Outlasted everyone else in her season. That's all.

05-18-06, 09:05 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Where am I horrendously overhyping Danni's strategy:
-Her tribe was leading 8-7 but then tribal switch put her in 7-8 posititon.

-You agreed that with the numbers as they were, even keeping Blake, NuYaxha couldn't have majority at merge. The double-boot was coming and they knew it.

-I've said that even if Blake miraculously saves the day and the tribe is 5-5 at merge consisting of Blake/BJ/Brandon/Gary and herself, it is hopeless. Gary has no reason to trust them so he goes to Rafe and Steph who greet him with open arms to break the dead-lock. This way, she has no future since Gary knew she was the leader and would have insisted they complete the pagonging. Maybe Rafe still decides to delay her boot because the others are stronger but he never trusts her to take to F3. You didn't have anything to oppose to this.

-Booting Blake gained Gary's trust and Gary's words to Rafe: "Danni can be trusted" counted enourmously.

-Steph became friends with her at the 4 person retreat and the pool party (brilliant move!) and bonded somewhat since they have many similarities. It wasn't enough to choose her over her alliance. Danni worked on gaining Rafe's trust while losing rewards and helped him apply his "destroy Steph's game" strategy.

Nothing above is hype, most are facts relayed by players themselves after the game.

Chris and Danni are very different: Danni didn't go with Jaime+Lydia+Judd to overthrow the ones in charge as Chris did. She beat the duo in charge at their own game. She had to do a lot to change the game but you don't see it. I know it was said before but the use of capital letters appeared as a challenge.

As far as our current winner, why no credits for his pre-merge challenge abilities? He led Casaya to dominate a very well-organized tribe. He also won some post-merge reward challenges. Do those count only for players you like? His prefered F3 was impossible to have because of the new twist. He knew that even without the necklace, Terry was protected.

Leigh 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Leigh Click to send private message to Leigh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Seasons:

1. Australia - my favorite cast, deserving winner and great finale.
2. Guatamala - This one was full of backstabs, and those people really suffered out there. Great location and deserving winner.
3. Pearl Islands - While I didn't care for Johnny Fairplay, he really made the season entertaining. Also Rupert was here ;)
4. Palau - I liked the cast although I didn't care for the decimation of one tribe. This is the one where Steph was likable. Tom ruled.
5. Marquesas - All for Kathy and Rob. Those two alone made this season. I won't mention what happened after the purple rock
6. All-Stars - I really enjoyed seeing some of my favorites here. The way Rob and Amber dominated was priceless and made the rest look like clueless monkeys.
7. Vanuatu - I liked what Chris did here at the end. It was enjoyable watching that woman alliance get torn up.
8. Exile Island - Memorable cast and location. I loved the La Mina tribe and was sad to see them go. Terry should have won, but I wanted Aras if I couldn't have Terry so was relieved he got it. The hidden idol was a neat addition to the game.
9. Borneo - First one...there were only a few people I cared for here, but those folks didn't have the advantage that everyone after them had (seeing the game played before).
10. Africa - I enjoyed some of the cast (Ethan, Tom, Teresa), but the season was only so-so.
11. Amazon - Bleh! I enjoyed watching Christy, Rob, and Alex, but the end made me ill.
12. Thailand - Yuck! Didn't even finish the season.

Winners (this is going to be tough):
1. Tom - Say what you will, he was made for survivor. Awesome job!
2. Tina - I know, she was in the background, but I really grew in appreciation for her after watching it the 2nd time. She strategized more than most people may realize, and had a killer alliance with Colby.
3. Ethan - This guy was just so likeable. Not to mention he's a hottie ;) He always managed to have someone else be the bad guy, never him. Smart player and great competitor.
4. Danni - Underdog who came from behind and broke up a tribe. She did a great job, did what she had to do when she had to do it.
5. Aras - Competitor from the get-go. Never lost his focus and made the right alliances.
6. Chris - Another come from behind winner. He definitely outwitted and outlasted in a group full of man-hating women!
7. Sandra - I like this woman, and she won with no votes cast against her. She couldn't do a challenge to save her life, but obviously she had talents elsewhere to get her to the end.
8. Richard - Good player, but not great. He was smart enough to figure out the game before anyone else did.
9. Brian - I hated the season, but he knew how to play and executed his strategy with ease.
10. Jenna - Didn't play until the very end...good job then though so she gets a little credit.
11. Amber - Although I like her personally, Rob should have won...just too bad the jury voted out of spite instead of ability.
12. Vecepia - *sigh* how did she win again?

05-18-06, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
OH NOooooo, not the Danni argument again! Hahahahaha!!! Nah, that's fine.
First of all, Casaya did not "dominate." They go into merge 5-5 if not for the extra tribe member they got. They did win most the RCs, but I seem to remember Danielle, Courtney and Bob Dawg all contributing a lot to those wins. Aras far from carried them. In fact, I don't even think he was Casaya's strongest competitor in the team challenges. I think Danielle and Bob Dawg were, actually. And who said I didn't like Aras? I always liked the guy, but I'm not going to say he was a challenge stud when he wasn't. On a scale of 1-5, he would get a 3. Like I said, he was solid in all areas, not spectacular in any.
Secondly, regarding sweetie Danni, you call all of that facts? Ah, more like a couple facts followed with paragraphs of speculation. They had no way of knowing the double boot was coming. You never know for sure what is going to happen next in Survivor. Booting Blake was poor strategy, especially because Margaret was just booted. Booting Brian would have kept the old tribes with equal numbers. If they go in tied at merge, who knows what happens? A tie can cause a lot of people to consider their positions. Who says Gary goes back to Rafe? Who says Cindy doesn't go back to old Nakum? Who knows? And even if Gary did switch, I'm still sure they vote out Blake, then Brandon, then BJ, etc... Meaning Danni still would have had time to do something. And you have always said Danni aligned with the leaders of the opposing tribe. I think Jamie and Judd would disagree with Rafe and Steph being the leaders. They weren't the leaders at all until Rafe and Steph used Danni to vote out Jamie and Judd and OBTAIN leadership. Danni did do a great job of making friends and being seen as trustworthy. No doubt. Like I said, she had a great social game. But I don't give Danni or Chris credit for decisions that Rafe and Twila made. That is the difference between us, which is fine. I count strategy as making your own great decisions, not benefitting from the decisions of others. That isn't strategy; that is good fortune. It wasn't great strategy by Tina that Colby happened to pick her for the F2. It was poor strategy by Colby. That is where we differ. That's the bottom-line.

05-19-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-06 AT 08:52 AM (EST)

Every season of 18 castaways at the start had a double boot and Danni knew Survivor: She answered a question someone asked BJ about Palau before BJ remembered himself! The only speculation paragraph is Gary's move if it is a 5-5 merge. Cindy had no indication of moving. Judd wasn't a leader, just a hot-head! Jamie?? Let me laugh at the suggestion he had any strategy to offer.

We agree to disagree then and lets leave it at that. You have every right to place Danni in 8th position, I don't care about that. I just read some posters saying they didn't see her game and I can't believe we watch the same show and don't see the same thing. Of course, I had the advantage of the Insider and the editing thread. We get so much more to analyze than the one hour show. I'll get over it, I promise!

For Exile Island, I apologize for saying you were biased by not liking Aras. I had remembered some of your lists in Survivorerist's thread and had been left with that feeling. I just read your rankings in the Colonel's thread and see that we are in agreement for almost every player!

So, just to clarify two points:

-If you saw the recap in mid-season, it was clearly shown that after episode #3 reward challenge, Aras would lead the ruderless Casaya in challenges. They felt they would be slaughtered if they didn't follow his lead. Once he made the decisions for who would do what, they started to win most challenges.

-As far as being lucky to get an additional member, I agree it was crucial but I see it as equalizing the tribes. La Mina's first player was Terry, Casaya's was Danielle. Certainly not equal first draft picks, wouldn't you say! After Bruce went to Casaya, each tribe had 4 men and 3 women and that is when it really started. From that point, yes Casaya dominated.

Quiddity99 244 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Quiddity99 Click to send private message to Quiddity99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
>8. Guatemala- Very much overhyped season
>that started out well, but
>started heading south when old
>Nakum decided to start voting
>out it's own members instead
>of Yixha. I liked BJ
>and Steph being brought back,
>but they provided pre-made goats
>for everyone else. Hidden idol
>affected the game much less
>than in EI as the
>Axis of Evil simply voted
>out someone else before returning
>to vote out Gary the
>next week. The season stepped
>up when Rafe and Steph
>dismantled the Axis of Evil.

Rafe dismantled the Axis of Evil. Steph didn't, because she was the leader of it. The Axis of Evil was Steph, Jamie and Judd.

>But a FI mistake by
>Rafe foiled what would have
>been a dominating win by
>him, instead handing it to
>his tag-along Danni, when tribal
>bitterness and jealously of her
>second try doomed Steph to
>2nd place. Danni is the
>most attractive and likable Survivor
>winner, however.

Getting a second chance was a factor in Steph getting blown out, but the fact is:

-Steph stuffed her face and complained excessively to anyone who dared to bring it up (like Lydia)
-Steph willfully backstabbed four alliance members instead of voting out Danni, virtually guaranteeing they wouldn't vote for her
-Steph got reward shared with her more than anyone in Survivor history, then proceeded to immediately vote both of those people out (Judd & Cindy)
-Steph bungled her jury speech badly
-Steph got a 1 person advantage in the tribal switch that she didn't deserve (Judd & Cindy were the only ones who deserved to go into the merge with the numbers, the other 4 members of he Nakum alliance didn't win any more immunity challenges then Danni, BJ or Brandon)
-Danni came back from huge odds, being outnumbered 4-2 after Gary was voted off.
-Danni was much, much, much more likable than Steph.

>8. Danni- She was on the
>stronger tribe until she joined
>in voting off her strongest
>tribe member, which eventually put
>her in the minority.

Huge, huge mistake. But remember, as I stated above, she got screwed by that tribal switch. Won just as many tribal immunities as Steph, but went into merge down 2.

>Never
>chose alliance over tribe strength
>pre-merge. Her strategical play is
>horrendously overhyped as it was
>certainly NOT her strategy to
>have every member of her
>alliance voted off.

No, but she was the last of her tribe against 5 Nakum and managed to win it, you have to give her credit for that.

>It was
>also not her strategy to
>align with Rafe and Steph.
>Rafe and Steph USED her
>to vote off the more
>threatening, and less trustworthy, members
>of their own alliance.

Utter bull. Cindy and Lydia were 100% loyal to Steph and Rafe and Judd was 100% loyal to Steph. She completely duped Rafe, which caused him to boot Cindy & Lydia, which completely threw his game away. After winning immunity at final 6, she could have sat back and do nothing while Lydia would get booted, but instead was proactive and helped get Judd booted, which completely turned the game around.

>They
>had the perfect gameplan until
>Danni won FI and stole
>the game from them.

They had a horrible game plan. They lucked into the numbers despite not deserving it (as I've said twice), had complete control, all they had to do was vote out Danni and go to final 3 with Lydia, yet they made what is after Colby and Ian, the stupidest mistake in Survivor history. Steph blew up her 'perfect gameplan' when she voted out Judd and Rafe did the same when he voted out Cindy & Lydia while keeping Danni around.

>She
>was extremely likable so I
>agree that she is tops
>for social play, but she
>won 1 non-giftwrapped IC and

Yes, she was extremely likable, we agree there. EVERYONE could have bid for that immunity clue. Its not Danni's fault that the other 5 stupidly didn't outbid her.

>was terrible in the RCs.
>And her game play, as
>explained, was only adequate, not
>masterful.

Danni was an extremely good winner. Not on Rich's level, but she masterfully duped Rafe into throwing his game away for her and overcame huge odds after being screwed by that tribal switch and her own stupidity in voting off Blake. Her play final 6 on was amazing.
---
...Great Moments in Survivor History...
Lex: Clarence, we're voting you off.
Lex: Ethan, you were my biggest ally in Africa, but I've decided that we're gonna vote you off.
Lex: Jerri, you're my most loyal ally right now, but I've decided that we're voting you off.
Boston Rob: Lex, we're voting you off.
Lex: WAAAAAAHHH!

05-23-06, 03:26 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Cindy is one of your favorite Survivor's ever?? The selfish, animal lover who chose to keep a truck for herself rather than give 4 other people trucks?? Ah...okay... her body was one of my favorites in Survivor history though... Unfortunately that was obviously the only good thing about her.

05-23-06, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Quiddity99 Click to send private message to Quiddity99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
If the others wanted cars, they should have won the challenge. Cindy doesn't owe them anything. Rafe was the selfish one, thinking he was entitled to a car he didn't deserve.

---
Lex: Ethan, you were my biggest ally in Africa, but I've decided that we're gonna vote you off.
Lex: Jerri, you're my most loyal ally right now, but I've decided that we're voting you off.

05-25-06, 03:44 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Whuh? If the others wanted cars, they should have won the challenge? Cindy OWED them nothing?? TRUE. But what does THAT have to do with her being SELFISH and keeping the truck for herself and meanwhile DEPRIVING 4 other people of a new truck? I am flabbergasted at people's support of Cindy's decision. If you lined up four strangers OFF THE STREET and said, "You can either have a brand new truck or all of them can," then I would agree with Rafe 100%. It IS no decision. In one scenario 1 person gets a free truck, and in the other scenario 4 people get new trucks. There is NO WAY I would chose the first scenario simply because that 1 person happens to be me. That is completely selfish. That is my opinion on that, and I am SHOCKED that isn't the opinion of the overwhelming majority out there. And by the way, Cindy would have ALSO gotten a truck if she chose the latter. They had 5 trucks out there, not 4, and I am about 99% sure she would have gotten one regardless.

05-25-06, 07:31 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Again, she earned the new car. They earned themselves nothing. You still haven't given a reason for why she is selfish for keeping the car she earned herself by winning that challenge. We'll never know whether she would have got to keep it after giving the rest cars.

And I would not have been surprised had she given the cars away that Rafe thinks to himself "Hmm, Cindy just gave Danni, Lydia and Steph new cars. She's a huge threat to go against in the final 2! I'm gonna vote her off right away!" Then Cindy goes with absolutely nothing. She was screwed either way when Jeff posed her that question. Either she keeps the car and gets voted off for not giving Rafe one, or she gives the cars away and gets voted off because that made her a big threat.

---

05-26-06, 00:20 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
She EARNED the right to choose between 4 trucks for 4 people or 1 truck for herself. Isn't it a greater accomplishment to earn 4 trucks rather than 1? So, I would say she EARNED more than just a truck for herself. She earned possibly 5 TRUCKS!! But we will never know since she chose the truck for herself. Strategy-wise, I agree that she is definitely a bigger target if she gives the 4 trucks away; however, she was immediately voted out anyway, so what difference did it make? Again, I agree with Rafe, strategy-aside, there is no decision. If someone gives you the ability to grant 4 new vehicles to 4 other people, you take that. You don't choose to take a truck for yourself instead. That's just my opinion on that. Seems a lot of people would have just taken the truck for themselves... I guess that is just the way it is... Like U2 said, "We are not the same..."

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Seasons:
Australia
Borneo
Amazon
Palau
Vanuatu
All-Stars
Marquesas
Exile Island
Pearl Islands
Africa
Thailand
Guatemala

Winners:
Richard Hatch
Ethan Zohn
Jenna Morasca
Tina Wesson
Brian Heidik
Aras Baskauskas
Tom Westman
Amber Mariano
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Chris Daugherty
Danni Boatwright
Vecepia Towery

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Seasons

1. Australia - Best cast that Survivor has ever put together. Lots of memorable faces and character from the season, as well as a ton of memorable events. Like the flood, Michael's injury, Jeff taking their camp, etc. One amazing season.

2. Pearl Islands - I enjoyed this season a lot too, mostly because of the casting. I enjoyed watching strong personalities like Jonny Fairplay, Rupert, and Sandra. The Outcast Tribe twist was controversial, but it made the game very interesting post-merge, instead of a simple Pagonging like other seasons.

3. Borneo - A classic. Some great characters, although the strategy is a bit lacking, for obvious reasons. It's fun to watch this season because it's so crude, much like early Simpsons seasons.

4. Palau - Palau was an exciting season. Lots of unique stuff going on that you never see anywhere else, such as Ulong's complete failure at everything. This cast, for me, was one of the more likeable casts they ever did, even if a few of them were kinda meh.

5. Marquesas - Bit of a disappointing ending, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching Kathy play the game, as well as some of the twists and turns. Maraamu was the original Ulong tribe. They lost so many immunity challenges... Still, it was great to see the Rotu 4 go down in flames. First true power shift.

6. Guatemala - Good season, but slightly forgettable to me. The players didn't really leave much of an impact on me. Still, Danni's strategic moves to the Final 2 was pretty impressive.

7. Exile Island - Maybe it's better than Guatemala. It still hasn't sunk in, though, but I didn't find too many of the players to truly root for, save for Cirie, Bruce, or Sally. The pre-merge was pretty interesting, I thought, but as my favorites were voted off, I began to lose interest.

8. Africa - Bit bland at times, but featured a lot of fun characters. Too bad everyone was so tired and cranky in the desert though. Another Pagonging, post-merge, which doesn't help... But still pretty good.

9. Vanuatu - Kinda like Guatemala, in that it featured a great comeback by Chris to win the whole thing. I thought the players were pretty meh and bland, though. None of them seemed that exciting or interesting.

10. All-Stars - What's better than watching some of your previous favorite players turn unlikeable and annoying? This probably ranks so low because of the final result. All the players who did well on their previous seasons were seen as dead money and were voted out immediately. So the Final Four was a bunch of 7th place finishers and stuff.

11. Amazon - Blech. Too much negativity. I didn't like the way Jenna and Heidi treated Christy. Rob C. was fun to wathc, and Jenna was good to look at, but that's about it. I just couldn't get into this season.

12. Thailand - Argh. Unlikeable characters + Lame twists + Pagonging = Terrible season. Brian pretty much walked all over everyone. If he had been less slimy about it, it might've been interesting, but it wasn't. Too much whining and complaining. Soooooo much negativity.

Back later to rank the winners.

southpaw 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-20-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail southpaw Click to send private message to southpaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Seasons

1. Australia
2. Marquesas
3. Borneo
4. Amazon
5. Palau
6. Guatemala
7. Exile Island
8. Vanuatu
9. Pearl Islands
10. All Stars
11. Thailand
12. Africa

Winners

1 Tina Wesson
2 Sandra Diaz-Twine
3 Danni Boatwright
4 Tom Westman
5 Amber Mariano
6 Richard Hatch
7 Vecepia Towery
8 Brian Heidik
9 Jenna Morasca
10 Chris Daugherty
11 Aras Baskauskas
12 Ethan Zohn

MacabreMasquerade 927 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-21-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MacabreMasquerade Click to send private message to MacabreMasquerade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Winners
1. Richard Hatch- He pioneered the way to play a winning game.
2. Tina Wesson- Solid game, good strategist, good alliances.
3. Tom Westman- Dominated his season, end of story.
4. Ethan Zohn- Likeable guy, proved you can play honorably and win.
5. Brian Heidik- Owned his season.
6. Sandra Diaz-Twine- Loved her to death. Amusing.
7. Danni Boatwright- Was kind of invisible, but played a good end game.
8. Jenna Morasca- Decent end game, but she annoyed me.
9. Aras Baskauskas- Good player, but not great.
10. Chris Daugherty- True, he did dominate the end game. However, considering there was no competition after Ami was voted out, big deal.
11. Vecepia Towery- Meh. Having a personality should be a prerequisite to being cast on the show.
12. Amber Brkich- Who?

Seasons
1. Outback
2. Borneo
3. Guatemala
4. Palau
5. All Stars
6. Marquesas
7. Exile Island
8. Amazon
9. Vanuatu
10. Africa
11. Pearl Islands
12. Thailand

05-21-06, 04:17 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Am not rating seasons 3-6 or 9, have not seen an adequate amount of them to rate them properly.

Seasons:
1. Borneo - the original and still best. Best editing, Pagong's the most likable tribe ever, and very entertaining TC's with the most deserving winner.
2. Guatemala - Outside of letting Steph and BJ return, no real flaws with this season. Outside of Brianna and Morgan, a very good and entertaining cast, great locale, challenges, has my favorite Survivor ever (Cindy) and a very deserving winner. And oh yeah, seeing Steph lose in a landslide was great.
3. Exile Island - Very interesting cast (Casaya - most entertaining tribe ever), good TC's, great editing, pretty much the only complain is using Panama yet again.
4. Pearl Islands - Not as memorable as the above 3, but still a fairly good season.
5. Palau - Too many quitters and models, but outside of that pretty good. Tom was a very deserving winner.
6. Australia - Overrated season. Everyone was too nice, so not enough excitement (outside of Jerri). Am not a big fan of Tina, Colby and Lis, which is probably why I rate this a lot lower than others do.
7. All Stars - The least deserving person to be there won! What utter crap! Too many great players left early; 3 tribes was a bad idea; least interesting tribal councils (no ties, no 3 way or more votes, most were unanimous, etc...) too many moronic players, blah blah blah

Winners:
1. Rich
2. Danni
3. Danni
4. Tom
5. Tina
6. Aras
7. Amber

---

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-29-06, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Rank the seasons. Rank the winners."
Seasons

1. Africa Think I finally figured out why Africa is and probably always will be my favorite season. I don't watch the show for the playing of players (lying/backstabbing) but rather the struggle against the elements and to see who excels and who crumbles. By far and away this was the hardest season, loved the critter shots and the alliance of Lex, Big Tom, and Ethan. Had 2 extreme nail-biting TC's and the downfall of the playschoolers was great. Frank, T-Bird, and Carl were also favs.

2. Pearl Islands in a word: Rupert.

3. Palua have re-watched this season a number of times since it originally aired and have come to appreciate it more. Much like the alliance in Africa, really liked the alliance of the final three. Katie made me laugh, Ian was the good guy I could root for, and Tom just plain dominated.

4. All-Star Loved seeing many of my old favorites comeback. The quit episodes were brutal and even though I'm not a fan of the drama, this was full tilt drama. Plus I got to see my guy Rupe in every episode.

5. Australia Fatastic casting from top to bottom, probably the best.

6. Borneo Loved many of the players from this season. Greg, Jenna, Gretchen, Rudy, and Cooleen to name a few.

7. Guatemala Danni winning is a huge plus, as was Brandon.

8. Marquesas Gina and Hunter going so early pretty much killed this season for me.

9. Vanuatu The been there done that season.

10 Exile Island I know this season is still fresh in everyones mind but I didn't care for it at all. I rooted for no one to win.

11. Amazon Jenna winning almost made me puke.

12. Thailand I did puke during this season. Have only missed 2 episodes when they originally aired, both were from this disappointment.

Winners
1. Ethan Zohn
2. Danni Boatwright
3. Tom Westman
4. Sandra Diaz-Twine
5. Tina Wesson
6. Richard Hatch
7. Chris Daugherty
8. Brian Heidik
9. Amber Mariano
10. Aras Baskauskas
11. Vecepia Towery
12. Jenna Morasca

06-03-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
33. "Adding it up: A new king is crowned!"
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-06 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

Since only 1 list was added in the last 2 weeks, I took the occasion to tally up the results of the 20 full lists we have (sorry Quidditty, a partial list would distort results) and Richard isn't #1 anymore! Is it the result of his jail sentence? Here is the total, giving 15 points for 1st place, 12 for 2nd and 10 down to 1 for 3rd on up:

1- Tom 207 points
2- Richard 196
3- Danni 172
4- Ethan 153
5- Aras 149
6- Brian 144
7- Tina 143
8- Chris 123
9- Sandra 120
10- Amber 90
11- Jenna 89
12- Vecepia 53

Another explanation for Tom overtaking first place could be Terry's game this season. Playing like that is not easy. No matter how strong you are, you will need friends and Tom had friends. In fact, a difference could be that Tom made friends first and alliances after, Terry tried to do the opposite.

To compare with the list done after Guatemala:
1- Richard 306 points
2- Tom 236
3- Danni 214
4- Brian 202
5- Chris 169
6- Ethan 163
7- Tina 162
8- Sandra 135
9- Jenna 130
10-Amber 93
11-Vee 83

The biggest gainer is Ethan while Brian and Chris lost a few positions. Aras and Ethan had similarities. Could Exile island's winner have helped us appreciate the likeable young men as winners? It could also explain Brian's fall although the scores are so close that observations are sketchy at best and don't serve as conclusions by any means. One constant is that only 2 of the women winners have respectable scores with poor Vee losing even more ground.

I also tallied the seasons:
1- Australia (198)
2- Borneo (164) (The first loves!)
3- Guatemala (148)
4- Exile island (146)
5- Palau (145) (New affairs or strong casts?)
6- Marquesas (143)
7- Pearl Island (141)
8- Amazon (140)
9- All-Stars (110)
10- Africa (94)
11- Vanuatu (89)
12- Thailand (41)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •