The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP4: WEB promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-03-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP4: WEB promo"
this is on fever (VIDCAPS), probably from CBS.

here's the link:
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_ep4_webpromo.html

here's the voice over:
Rupert> "ARRRGH"
VO> "Rupert is America's favorite castaway...but his own tribe is taunting(?) him"
Rupert> "The pretty boy jock idiots, all gotta pick on me"
VO> "How much will he take?"
Rupert> "I'll snap your neck like a damn chicken...hehheh"
VO> "Plus in a new twist, one tribe will steal the other's most valuable possession"
JP> "Now it's gonna get good"
VO> "But you won't believe what it is...and, a life and death situation..."
Osten> "I'm about to drown"
JP> "Hold on to the rope"
VO> "...Will leave you breathless"
Osten> "I need help!"
JP> "Osten's in trouble"
Osten> "Help!"

Could morgan win both challenges? could the spear change tribes?

Can somebody add VIDCAPS? I suck at linking,etc....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP4: WEB promo frisky 10-03-03 1
   RE: EP4: WEB promo VerucaSalt 10-03-03 2
   RE: EP4: WEB promo jkokoj 10-03-03 3
   Two Water Challenges frisky 10-03-03 4
       RE: Two Water Challenges Brownroach 10-03-03 5
       RE: Two Water Challenges VerucaSalt 10-03-03 6
           RE: Two Water Challenges frisky 10-03-03 9
               RE: Two Water Challenges Brownroach 10-03-03 11
                   RE: Two Water Challenges LeftPinky 10-03-03 17
               RE: Two Water Challenges FarmBoy 10-03-03 18
               Saying Goodbye ElroyJetson 10-03-03 22
           RE: Two Water Challenges jkokoj 10-03-03 12
           RE: Two Water Challenges DoodleBug 10-03-03 13
               Osten's near death experience Holiday 10-03-03 19
           RE: Two Water Challenges Nash 10-03-03 33
       RE: Two Water Challenges mistofleas 10-03-03 8
           RE: Two Water Challenges frisky 10-03-03 10
       RE: Two Water Challenges FarmBoy 10-03-03 20
       RE: Two Water Challenges O2dawg 10-04-03 39
           RE: Two Water Challenges hunter1211 10-06-03 44
               RE: Two Water Challenges frisky 10-06-03 48
                   RE: Two Water Challenges fishtank 10-09-03 54
 RE: EP4: WEB promo SurvivorBlows 10-03-03 7
   RE: EP4: WEB promo jkokoj 10-03-03 14
       RE: EP4: WEB promo memacmur 10-03-03 28
   RE: EP4: WEB promo pdragonfly 10-03-03 15
       RE: EP4: WEB promo silentJ 10-06-03 43
   I agree. anotherkim 10-03-03 16
       RE: I agree. VerucaSalt 10-03-03 21
           Implications of Rupert switching? lizzmac 10-03-03 23
               RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... mistofleas 10-03-03 24
                   RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... lizzmac 10-03-03 25
                       RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... Brownroach 10-03-03 26
                           RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... bluebeard 10-03-03 27
                               RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... memacmur 10-03-03 29
                               RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... SmirnoffRabbit 10-03-03 30
                               RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... Markopolo100 10-03-03 31
                               RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... VerucaSalt 10-03-03 32
                                   RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... Nash 10-03-03 34
                                   RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... Brownroach 10-03-03 35
                                       RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... 7sins_pride 10-03-03 37
                                       RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... VerucaSalt 10-05-03 41
                                           RE: Implications of Rupert switchin... Brownroach 10-06-03 45
                                               More than one opponent/battle durin... Rain Crow 10-06-03 49
                                                   RE: More than one opponent/battle d... Brownroach 10-06-03 50
                                                       RE: More than one opponent/battle d... Rain Crow 10-06-03 51
 See the web promo for yourself... bebekid 10-03-03 36
   RE: See the web promo for yourself.... 7sins_pride 10-03-03 38
 RE: EP4: WEB promo Kneezy 10-04-03 40
 RE: EP4: WEB promo Joyful 10-05-03 42
   RE: EP4: WEB promo Kolroth 10-06-03 46
       RE: EP4: WEB promo VerucaSalt 10-06-03 47
 Another Thought of Prized Possessio... samboohoo 10-08-03 52
 Andrew - Everyones here mavsfan 10-09-03 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-03, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 12:25 PM (EST)

It's Burton and Jon teasing Rupert.

Shawn must be giving him a jab, too.

Shot of B/S while Rupert laments the teasing.

Some of this seems kind of good-natured though so it's probably just misdirection. Remember Rupert works with teens so he's probably pretty thick-skinned.

Now for some challenge picks!

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-03-03, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
Okay, first glance.

RC definitely the near drowning scenario. Jeff's clothes are different then the one with the II plus you don't need the scuba goggles for the IC which is Osten is wearing.

IC Balancing and pushing a la Chewy/Sucky and lordy be, Darrah our fragile southern belle finally shows us why comments were made about her strength.

Doesn't appear there may be anyone left but Christa/Darrah, the pads around them empty.

Rupert hugging Christa cuz Christa was their last one and she goes OOMPH as shown in the one shot? And the unexpected reward (revealed after the team wins IC) is getting to steal the other's most valuable possession. Well there isn't much else more valuable than Rupert huh.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-03-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
WOW in the black and white photos the woman look awfully upset and very serious. Way more serious than just loosing an IC. I assume this is at the challenge with Osten swimming. I need more vid cap confirmation before I feel firm about what I am seeing.

10-03-03, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Two Water Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

Walk the plank for immunity

Tribes are based on docks in the ocean. Here's Jiffy with Moron on their dock. Why is the immunity idol on Moron's dock? Could this be post IC? ***EDITED to say never mind, both flags are visible and a Drake (Shawn with blue buff around head) and a Moron (Osten).

Here's Drake on their dock. This challenge HAS to be IC, because they're sitting out Burton again, and he sat out the last IC, so RC must have already taken place for him to be able to sit out another challenge.

RC is another water challenge. Note that the little platforms are coloured, whereas in IC they are white and poofier.

Also note that Jiffy is based on the beached in this challenge, without his white hat. He's supposedly pointing out to sea at Osten, who is surrounded by the coloured floaters.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
Notice Drake is using their two weak-in-the-water players for IC (though it doesn't seem to involve much, if any, swimming) -- and NOT Rupert. They must have decided to throw it.

10-03-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
ty frisky, makes it easier when someone isn't lazy like me and doesn't post what they are talking about w/ the pics lolol

And Christa has a nice new outfit on, reapings from the RC Drake won?

I saw a difference in Tijuana and Christa's faces, Tijuana has exhaustion, relief, spent look. But Christa looks horrible and considering the pads BEHIND Darrah/Christa are empty that is a a foreboding shot to me anyway. Darrah is still up there when Shawn/Tijuan go at it and so is Sandra back there.

Let's face it, the BIG DEAL about this episode is the unexpected reward following IC and the stealing of the other's MVP. The SURVIVORS don't know about it and the general viewing public DON'T about it. We just happen to know about it.

My main question for now is who is gonna get in trouble for this fiasco.

10-03-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
You're right, Veruca! Where the hell did Christa's fancy schmancy skirt come from??

Here's another frame from the "mourning scene." This was mixed in with the Rupert/teasing pics, which just seem like misdirection, so I didn't bother posting all of them.

(Last time I saw Rupert look this pissed off was when Shawn lost the spear.)

10-03-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
No doubt they sit out Rupert for IC the better to throw it without having to worry about him. I'm sure he IS pissed off here. And VS is right about Christa, she looks REALLY bummed.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
With two water challenges, they may have sat the swimming dogs during the RC and then found out later that the IC was also water based, so had to use Jon and Sandra (or whatever other woman sat out)... Yes, Rupert looks really bummed, did he just get the news that he's now a Morgan???

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-03-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

OK- I know this is spoliers, but I just have to say:

This looks like the photo for the book cover of Daphne De Maurier novel.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-03, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Saying Goodbye"
My guess in this shot is the tribe is saying goodbye to Rupert and he's reassuring them he'll be ok.

10-03-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Two Water Challenges"

>And Christa has a nice new
>outfit on, reapings from the
>RC Drake won?

Looks to me like one of Drakes flags tied with part of her old skirt.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
I noticed Christa's outfit as well! From the treasure perhaps?

Looks like Drake will get their first taste of defeat, and it ain't gonna be pretty. Sad because they lost not only the challenge, but Rupert as well?

My bet is that Jon is gonna pay for this.

Osten just panicked. He's in no real danger, but he feels like he is.

Holiday 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-03-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Holiday Click to send private message to Holiday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Osten's near death experience"
I'm still convinced that Osten is throwing challenges (wasting time by undressing in the first challenge; hiding his boat in the corner during the RC in E3; letting go of the robe in IC E3). I'm sure he's faking his drowning just to make sure NO ONE sees him as a physical threat. But, because Andrew's a dupe, he ensures that Osten stays around into the merge because of his strength. Then Osten wins a bunch of ICs and makes it into the F4. I dunno. I just don't buy this wimp act.

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
Or from the Treasure they found feeding the speculation that their belongings are in the treasure chest.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
I just want to clarify something and make sure I'm on the same page as you frisky. Are you saying that in this picture:

There are colored platforms? Red and Teal?

Because if that's what you're indicating then I'll put forth those are not colored platforms but the rope with the tribal colors on it that we've seen in other challenges.

If you're indicating other colored platforms then would you mind pointing them out because I can't see them.

Thanks.

--admits to getting near sighted in her old age

10-03-03, 12:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
You're right, Misto. I thought they were little dinner-plate-shaped things, but now that I looked back at the pics, they are certainly buoy-thingers on a rope. A closer look (for the nearer-sighted like us ):

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-03-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-03 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

In pic 2:

It looks like Pokey (IL) is stuck in the same spot as the Drake flag. Maybe Jiffy is on a "neutral" pad.

Edit- I'm having some kind of weird pic post problem.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

O2dawg 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-04-03, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail O2dawg Click to send private message to O2dawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Two Water Challenges"

There has to be a switch, the title is just too obvious for it not to happen.
I think that what we can conclude is that it does not happen before the IC, as we can see the original 4 Morgan(with Osten assumed just out of view), and 5 Drake(3 sitting out) preparing for the immunity challenge. It does not appear that any tribemember swapping has occured prior to this.

It would be unlikely that both teams would sit out their new tribesmates for the 'new tribes' first IC.
So likely that the winning team does get to 'pick a castaway, any castaway'.
Just judging by the people who are in this IC Morgan should win easily . Only Shawn appears to be strong, for Drake, as we see Christa going down to Darrah, and T losing to Shawn. That leaves Osten, Andrew and Ryan against, Jon, Sandra and Michelle.. uhm... it looks like a win for Morgan.

So when Morgan wins, then Rupert is definitely the likely castaway they would choose from Drake. BUT, the bad news explains JP, that there has to be an exchange, or that would unfairly disadvantage Drake. If not that would mean Drake would lose 2 players from one IC loss, and I cant see that happening in the context of fair gameplay.

I think that Morgan also has to pick someone to GO to Drake, of the same sex.. they pick their weakest guy, Rhino... and I think that this might be Tijuana crying at the fact she has had to choose and that Ryan has to leave. I think that is who she is hugging in the following picture (I compared the growth of beard and sideburns of Ryan in above picture to the one with T)

My only thought that I can not justify is, how would a switch of only one person be fair to that one person? They would have no alliance back up. If Drake were to go to TC then, Ryan would absolutely be the first to go. And likewise for Rupert if Morgan loses again.

Was there not a spoiler that has said that Ryan does not last long, and is a victim of the swap? This might be what happens.

Maybe MB justifies his action by allowing Ryan and the other early boots the chance to earn their way back to the game. The resurrection.
Whew.. I think I worked in a couple of theories there...please feel free to pick apart, or 'swashbuckle ' if you like.

hunter1211 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-06-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hunter1211 Click to send private message to hunter1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
Hi. This is my first time posting here. I was just wondering if anyone noticed in the pics of the teams standing on the platforms. (The ones of Ryon O, Andrew, Tijuana, Darrah, and Osten AND the one of Jon, Shawn, Christa, Michelle, and Sandra)

I noticed that the one that the platform Drake team is standing on has the Morgan flag and the Morgan boat, and the platform the Morgan team is standing on looks to have the Drake flag and Drake boat behind them with what looks like people in it. (maybe the Drake's that are sitting it out.)

I don't know if this has been brought up before and if not I wonder why they are standing on what seems to be the wrong platforms.

10-06-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
You're right, Hunter. I didn't notice that myself. The flag and boat near the Moron's are questionable, but the flag and boat near the Drunk's are definitely Moron material. Weird how the Drunk's would be standing on what looks like a Moron dock.

Then there's the pic of Jiffy during this competition, where he is on a separate dock with the two flags and the II.

Maybe the challenge is that the two docks are connected by the planks, and the Morons have to make their way to the Drake dock without getting dumped in the water by an opponent and vice versa. That would mean that the two shots of the tribes on opposite docks is either pre- or post-challenge, depending on which dock the tribe's start on. I would say they are pre-challenge, because they look dry IMO.

Welcome to the boards!

fishtank 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fishtank Click to send private message to fishtank Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Two Water Challenges"
I think you may have hit on something. What if each team member has to get back to his/her own platform and those who do not succeed have to stay with the other team - That would explain Christa and Tijuana's distress in the b/w pics. Then maybe the reward is to take another player and since Morgan probably wins they take Rupert - thus explaining why Rubert and Christa get so hungry they kill a pelican, because they no longer have the goodies on the Drake island.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
Come on, there are underwater shots of Osten that look like they were taken from 6 feet away... unless they have one hell of an underwater zoom lens, even forgetting about the standard hidden safety divers, Osten was never in anything close to real danger.

-SB

10-03-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
14. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
You are right SB. He is such a wimpy guy! But even in that amount of water and being hungary and tired you could get scared enought to cause yourself to drown. I bet Andrew wishes that right about know!!LOL

Nope this is misdirection and drama for the casual viewing audience.

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-03-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
Maybe he starts suffering from a bout of pneumonia.

Whoops, back to bashers for me.
MEmacmur

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
Well, keep in mind that the camera people don't get invovled in the play. We've seen a fire burn down a camp last season. (Don't get me started on why they couldn't put the thing out since they were there at the first spark - suspicious to me really).

We've also seen a survivor fall into a fire because they passed out - all caught on film.

Did the camera man stop the death of a pelican? No, they just kept on shooting the scene.

Who knows if they would let someone drown or put down the camera long enough to save them.

Gee, I think I have some hostility toward news camera men!

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
MB was on the Early Show with MIke after the fire incident episode. BM said that the camermen are instructed that if they help the castaways or interject themselves into the game in ANY way (Stopping a fire, retriveing a drifting boat) they will be fired on the spot.
As a cameraman myself (on a much smaller scale) I know that their is a certain amount on detachment when you see everything through that tiny view finder. It's like watching TV. I also know my responsibility is to document events, not shape them. Most camerapeople I know feel the same.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I agree."
which is exactly why MB said there was no "near drowning". Osten wasn't in any true danger.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--it'd be kind of bad for business if MB killed off the players, eh?

10-03-03, 01:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: I agree."
If Morgan and Drake are told right after the win that as an additional reward, Morgan can steal a prized possession and that is a Drake member, who do you think Christa would be hugging and Rupert consoling. It really is a no brainer based on the comments Andrew made about Rupert and his winning Drake's challenges that Morgan in a heartbeat would select Rupert and Christa et al have to know that.

She looks downright ready to break down and Rupert has a look on his face of maintaining control of an inevitable situation.

The situation as it plays out is not going to be that Drake actually through the challenge but the premise that it was contemplated, i.e. the discussion of it ALONE is going to cause such upheaval because their Teddy Beard is gone. Suspicion is very ugly and it would be no surprise to me that the Drake tribe go back after IC, perhaps wait with Rupert to be pillaged by a Morgan member and after he leaves they ALL start sucking down the vino.

Lubricated by whiskey, one Survivor creates a spectacle at a Tribal Council that is not to be missed

This only says that one survivor creates a spectacle due to alcohol; it doesn't say they are the only one drinking though. If my boy left under those circumstances, I'd be drinking too although they may not all be so drunk enough to create a spectacle.

Note also the one creating the spectacle is not necessarily the one who may go either or it may not be resulting in this person yelling or screaming. For all we know Christa could be the one getting drunk and creating a spectacle like bawling her eyes out just because she is a really bad drunk and feels horrible that she blew it in the end.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-03-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Implications of Rupert switching?"
I'm inclined to believe that Rupert will end up having to go over to Morgan. But I'm trying to puzzle through something here - wouldn't Morgan be choosing him in order to help them win future challenges? What guarantee do they have that he'll actually put forth a reasonable effort on behalf of his new team?

And if they do end up going to TC, do they then vote out this new-found bounty, or one of their previously fairly tight original 5?

I guess I've kind of answered my own question just by writing this out - Rupert has to achieve at his usual level in order to preserve his own place in the game. Still, what if they have success with him at 1 or 2 ICs, and then the third one is something completely different (not to say my man Rupert can't also handle a mental challenge), and they lose? Would they really get rid of him, when he's been helping so much? Would he take on enough of a leader role to ease Andrew out the door?

Lizzmac

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
Well personally I believe that is Morgan were to be able to take a Drake player at RC, they would of course take Rupert. Their thinking being that if they have Rupert his strength will help them win challenges. If they win the IC because of Ruperts strength, great, wonderful, terrific! They've disabled Drake and brought them down a peg. If they lose the IC because Rupert doesn't put in 110% (like Andrew is always harping about ), great, wonderful, terrific! They just vote Ruperts butt out. They don't have to lose one of their original tight alliance members AND they've still disabled Drake.

Either way taking Rupert is a win win situation for Morgan.

--doesn't want to see Ruppie cry

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
I guess. That was my first thought too, of course. But don't you think someone might think "Hey, Rupert kicks Andrew's butt. Let's stage a coup." ? (Wouldn't you just LOVE to see that

Thanks for the feedback, Misto.

Lizzmac
who wishes she had a pretty sig like Misto's

10-03-03, 04:23 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
But don't you think someone might think "Hey, Rupert kicks Andrew's butt. Let's stage a coup." ?

One can only hope. But this is the Moron tribe.

Wishes Misto had been right about last night's boot.

bluebeard 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-03-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bluebeard Click to send private message to bluebeard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
If the hidden reward at the immunity challenge turned out to be the winning tribe gets to pick a member from the losing tribe to be switched, I would find it really stupid and unfair. If Morgan were to win it and Drake went to TC next episode the tribes would be even 6-6 because Morgan gains a member and Drake loses two. However its also not fair to the Morgan tribe if they lose the immunity as well. Then next round the tribes would be 9-3 Drake gains 1 Morgan loses 2. Also I don't think MB would even want the possibility of tribes merging 9-1, plus he also probably wouldn't want 2 people going to Tribal Council unless it were the finals(First post, be gentle please :-p)

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
What can I say... I think you have to expect the stupid and unfair from survivor. After all, Jenna freaking won last season. Besides, maybe since Morgan gets Drake's MVP, Drake will get Morgan's LVP - i.e the highly speculated upon (mostly by me) "return of Lill"

One of these days (like the season finale) I'll stop posting about Lill's imminent return, I swear.

MEmacmur

SmirnoffRabbit 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SmirnoffRabbit Click to send private message to SmirnoffRabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
I know its unlikely, but what would happen if the tribes got to "kidnap" the opposing tribe members that they defeated at the IC challenge? I.e., Christa was defeated by Morgan, so they "kidnap" her, and Tijuana is claimed by the Drakes after she is bested by Shawn (?)

From the title though, it seems like the winning team has a more of a choice in the matter...

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-03-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
Is that Michelle or Trish next to Sandra?

It looks like Michelle to me, because Trish doesn't have dark shorts, but I can't tell.

If it is Michelle, we know that Trish, Burton and Rupert sit out the IC.

That means three of the following must sit out the RC -- Sandra, Michelle, Christa, Shawn and Jon.

I would guess Jon and Sandra sit out of the RC because the RC is a swimmming challenge.

BTW, Trish and Burton sat out the Episode 3 IC.

10-03-03, 06:08 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
Okay, then the winning tribe gets to steal a player from the losing tribe BUT in return they have to give up one of their players of the same sex. If Morgan has to sacrafice one of their members of the same gender, who would be sacraficed out of Morgan's three men Ryan O. and the information from the poster who said that Ryan was a victim b/c of a switch or something to that affect would coincide.

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
You're assuming of course they play fair. Morgan's down 3... maybe they don't announce until after Morgan wins.

10-03-03, 06:40 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
Hmmm, I like that idea too.

Those caps of Tijuana and Christa bug me. First we see both of them getting dunked in the challenge. Then those grayish tearful shots. Christa in particular looks shellshocked, and Tijuana almost looks as if she's hugging Andrew goodbye.

Is it possible these two are getting kicked over to the opposing tribes? But why would Morgan pick Christa?

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
They probrably didn't have a choice but i doubt Morgan would pick Christa...my money would be on Rupert.

However, ithink this whole 'taking a member' thing is absolutely stupid. It is freaking unfair. How can MB deny Drake's winning streak ? They won 5 in a row and they deserve to have at least 7 people instead of 6 after Ep 4 TC.

Unless...of course a switcheroo happens...but who goes to Drake ? and is this the 'whole' twist ? Lil better return.

10-05-03, 06:28 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
BR, it is Ryan O. Tijuana is hugging and we know that Tijuana is already ousted by Shawn and there are still players left b/c Sandra and Darrah are standing there still.

Christa is probably shellshocked b/c she was the last chance b/c she is last person with Darrah visible in the challenge pic. Rupert looks like he is consoling her b/c he is on his way to Morgan. Rupert is a sweet guy but the way he is holding her and kisses the tope of her head seems very fatherly like "It's okay, it's okay" type thing but in the pic also where he is looking ahead, that is a very stone faced look

As far as Tijuana and Ryan O. hugging. It could be she is just simply overly emotional b/c in this cap

Ryan is smiling. And it looks like there may be someone else in this hug with the way that arm is. On that situation, still not sure but I'll bet the farm that Rupert got told he is a new member of Morgan

What follows at Drake is almost certainly going to be major upheavel.

Who to blame

10-06-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Implications of Rupert switching?"
Ah, it's much clearer in that cap. Yes Ryan O. is smiling so probably it's post-challenge. Tijuaheidi probably thought she lost the challenge for Morgan so she's still upset, but relieved.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "More than one opponent/battle during IC."
TDT has the vidcap below and one other that shows Ti and Christa in a balance battle. Neither one looks wet yet, and Christa's braids are pretty orderly, unlike when she is opposing Darrah. We have seen both of them with other opponents. Apparently it is not just a "down and out" event. Perhaps when you get dunked, you must swim back to your starting point. Thus a survivior could do battle more than once.

I suspect it is the team that gets back to their boat first that wins. That may be why Rupert's eyes are looking off in the distance as Morgan gets all their team in the boat and wins. Could also explain Ti's and Christa's exhaustion in the vidcaps. It could also explain Ryan's smile as he watches Darrah dump Christa.

Maybe not much spoiler value but fun to speculate!!!

"Onward Thru the Fog"

10-06-03, 05:48 PM (EST)
50. "RE: More than one opponent/battle during IC."
Rain Crow, that's also Darrah in that cap -- it's her skirt, and Tijuana is wearing her pink blouse at IC. You're probably right that they face off against each other more than once though, and perhaps not always against the same person.

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: More than one opponent/battle during IC."
Arrr...right you are BR. I was looking at so many vidcaps trying to find some new line of thought that I obviously got confused. Not the first mistake I ever made!

Blame it on Darrah's dark tan .

"Onward Thru the Fog"

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "See the web promo for yourself..."
Snewser has it on his front page. On the off chance someone doesn't know how to find Snewser...

http://www.survivornews.net/

After watching it for myself, I am more convinced that Morgan steals Rupert. After all, the promo starts off all about Rupert. He's the MVP of S7. Judge for yourself.

A Kyngsladye Original

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-03, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: See the web promo for yourself..."
Snewser already made his pick in Ep 4.

Is he that convinced ? Must have been easy..i mean he took like what ? 2 days ? I think it's a pretty obvious one.

Kneezy 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-04-03, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kneezy Click to send private message to Kneezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 06:18 AM (EST)

If Rupert does cross over, there had better be a hell of a lot of changes made to the challenges. I think we've established that "strong guys win challenges" so far, and now Morgan's gonna have freaking TWO of earth's mightiest heroes?!

...Leaving Drake with the accident-prone and slightly homoerotic dynamic duo. Unless the rest of the season's challenges involve misplacing spearheads, I think the Drakes will crumble.

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-05-03, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"

Isn't that Michelle on the other side of Rupert? Her eyebrow is arched and her eyes are kinda squinted, is it from a smile or crying? Can anyone tell?

Kolroth 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kolroth Click to send private message to Kolroth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
(Recent lurker who just had to add my own speculation)

Remember that MB says the various twists, etc are scripted prior to the season start to keep things 'fair'.

What if they arrive for IC and JP tells each tribe to pick a member of the other tribe. The winning tribe gets the person and possibly gives up someone of their choice to keep the #'s the same. Drake would probably pick Sean and Morgan would pick Rupert.

Or if it's not announced until after the IC has finished, think of the possible irony. Drake throws the challenge to get rid of an annoyance (probably Jon) and then ends up losing Rupert as well. Don't you think some folks would really end up regreting that??

Wk4 is also when the typical tribe shuffle happens. So maybe the IC challenge is setup with a capture element where the winner of the 1-1 fight in the planks 'captures' the loser and they change tribes. That'd sure be an interesting new way to juggle people amongst tribes.

Regardless, it'll be exciting to watch it play out.

Kolroth

10-06-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
47. "RE: EP4: WEB promo"
welcome from lurking

This little scenario Jeff has in store is "unexpected" per the teaser so I doubt Jeff is going to tell them anything about this until after the win (especially since I think if Drake won this IC, we wouldn't even be hearing about this thank you very much)

Jeff proudly gives Morgan the II and then in his Jeff way says as I said this comes with an unexpected reward as we did tell you there were going to be twists here. You get to steal blah blah and so forth.

However, like all games we must be fair now; Drake is getting screwed here and turnabout is fair play so they have to give Drake one of their members and it should be gender same.

Personally I think the whole situation about Drake talking about throwing the challenge is enough. Whether they do or not (which I don't think they will) the seed was planted regardless and the aftermath of losing Rupert is going to set up a huge fracture in the Drake happy camp.

And for whatever hinky reason I have, I say this brutal lie does comes into play

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-03, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "Another Thought of Prized Possession"
I do like the idea of one tribe stealing an actual person as the looted "item." However, we know that that occurs after a reward challenge. I think somewhere there is mention of something big happening as a result of the IC, rather than the RC.

Here's another thought on what could happen. What if the tribe that loses immunity also loses the choice of who will be voted out. So, both tribes go to TC and the winning tribe gets to cast the vote. I've always kind of thought this could be a neat twist, but I would think that he would have started it from the beginning. It sure would make a tribe think twice about throwing challenges, plus it would ensure that no alliance is really safe.

Just a thought.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-03, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Andrew - Everyones here "
The very end of the previews for "Next week on SURVIVOR" shows:

Jeff arm outstretched saying "Osten you're ok!"
Osten looking a little frantic says "Need help!"
Then a voice I think is Andrew says "Hang on!"

Frisky has posted a series of Pix's with the last 14 showing Osten in trouble in the water. The very last shot appears to be Andrew sprinting towards the water.

I remember that in SURVIVOR AUSTRALIA when the were jumping off the cliff into the water there was concern that Kentucky Joe couldn't much more than dog paddle and that it could be dangerous. MB's response was something to the effect of "Well, He's got several folks on his tribe that are strong swimmers. Let's see if they'll help him."

So while MB may be correct that there was no near drowining, (Because safety professionals were nearby) Osten may have felt he was drowing, and the other players may have felt Osten was in danger of drowning.

I think It's Andrew that rescues Osten and becomes "everyone's Hero".

We've already seen Osten talking himself into quitting the game, and if he NEARLY DROWNS, or felt he was in danger of drowning, he may actually throw in the towel and officially quit.

This could allow a booted player (Lil) to return to the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •