The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP3 New Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

rose 313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-28-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP3 New Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 07:37 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 07:33 AM (EST)

This is my first post, hope I get it right..

These are the new vidcaps from the football game last night:

Transcript:Voiceover (football announcer): Thursday on CBS, like true pirates, one team will have to sink the other's boat for a map to a treasure. See why critics call Survivor: Pearl Islands one of TV's "most entertaining and addictive pleasures." Don't miss an all-new Survivor Thursday.

Notice how the announcer verifies the fact that the RC is the boat challenge.

Hoping the vidcaps show up.. I retrieved them from the True Dork Times website.. They always seem to have the new ones posted right away. Thanks guys!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 great job, rose! cqvenus 09-28-03 1
   RE: great job, rose! rose 09-28-03 2
       not fitting??? cqvenus 09-28-03 3
       RE: great job, rose! Krautboy 09-28-03 4
           RE: great job, rose! rose 09-28-03 5
       RE: great job, rose! VolcanicGlass 09-28-03 7
           RE: great job, rose! rose 09-29-03 13
 Tripod Structures? Krautboy 09-28-03 6
   RE: Tripod Structures? spacey 09-28-03 8
       RE: Tripod Structures? bebekid 09-28-03 9
       RE: Tripod Structures? Krautboy 09-28-03 10
 RC Theory rose 09-28-03 11
   RC Theory and IC Theory Rain Crow 09-29-03 12
       RE: RC Theory and IC Theory rose 09-29-03 14
           RE: RC Theory and IC Theory Rain Crow 09-29-03 15
               Initial thoughts... mistofleas 09-29-03 16
                   RE: Initial thoughts... JazzyJax 09-29-03 17
                       RE: Initial thoughts... rose 09-29-03 18
               RE: RC Theory and IC Theory skyisbluu 09-30-03 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "great job, rose!"
thanks so much! this certainly helps us decipher the challenges a little bit more!

- thanks again!

09-28-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rose Click to send private message to rose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: great job, rose!"
So in Drake boat we have Trish/Christa/Rupert vs. Tijuana/Lillian/Osten? Also bearing down on Morgan's boat in is the other Drake boat containing what I assume is Burton/Shawn/Sandra, as Jon and Michelle sit this one out...

So two on one on the RC, with Osten pretty much falling out of the boat.. I would speculate that the other boat has been sunk,so the RC is pretty much in Drake's hands..

The new picture of Michelle at the IC looks to be "in the tribes hands"?

Rose. ( scared that my speculation is not fit for this forum)

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "not fitting???"
#1- this is spoilers. this is where speculation takes place.
#2- welcome!

of course, those aren't in any order of importance.

as for what I think, well I think we also have to be wary of misleading promos. maybe morgan's first boat gets sunk but then they make a comeback?

it's too early for me to decide. I need to see more pics and stuff... but, then again, I'm quite a wimpy spoiler!

- also, come check out the off-topic forum and say hello!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-28-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: great job, rose!"
Welcome Rose! You're speculation seems to be right on target!

As you point out, Michelle is apparently the Drakes designated person to be dangled from the tripod structure. (She's probably the lightest, so it makes sense. This may be a simple endurance challenge where they hold her up as long as possible.

Keep up the good work!

Krautboy

09-28-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: great job, rose!"
Thanks Krautboy! *blush*

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-28-03, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: great job, rose!"
Always a good idea to properly attribute your source.
TDT's site

09-29-03, 07:31 AM (EST)
13. "RE: great job, rose!"
Thanks, I wondered about that. Will edit..

not trying to steal thunder, just an ammature!! lol

09-28-03, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Tripod Structures?"

Notice the three ladder tripod off in the background. Is that the part of the EP3 IC structure, or is that the framework used during construction for the EP3 Challenges? A tripod structure is apparently used for the EP3 IC...

Michelle after being hoisted up to the top of the tripod structure, giving the thumbs up at the beginning of the IC. Michelle and a Morgan female are probably the two whose fate is "in the hands -- literally" of their tribe mates who are holding the rope holding them up.

Krautboy

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-28-03, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tripod Structures?"
I believe the first picture is from eposide 2's IC challenge. Notice Ryan S. pulling the rope. The ladder tripod is probably for cameramen.

Just my thoughts.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-28-03, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tripod Structures?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-28-03 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

>I believe the first picture is
>from eposide 2's IC challenge.
>Notice Ryan S. pulling the
>rope. The ladder tripod is
>probably for cameramen.

You are right, spacey!

Edited to say, Krautboy, where did you get this cap? Was it presented by SeeBS as an episode 3 cap, or is this something you pulled from a list of episode 2 caps?

A Kyngsladye Original

09-28-03, 10:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Tripod Structures?"
Spacey and Bebekid:

Yes, the first picture is from EP2, the second is from the TDT site. Since the ladders weren't used in the EP2 IC and since I don't remember any bird's eye camera shots of the challenge, I was just speculating that they may have just started building the EP3 IC Tripod structure during EP2.

The ladders would allow the construction crew to erect and assemble the structure from which we see Michelle suspended. The height of the ladder tripod is probably approx. the same height as the Tripod that will support Michelle.

Krautboy

09-28-03, 10:48 PM (EST)
11. "RC Theory"
So, if you notice in the opening of the RC, both flags are on top of the platform.

And after, the morgan flag no longer stands, yet the Drake is draped over the front.

So, the teams must sink the opposing teams boats, and the last boat afloat releases some sort of cord to set the flag free, thus announcing the end of the challenge...

Poke holes where you will..

Rose

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RC Theory and IC Theory"
RC Theory

Good start Rose. However, these two vidcaps show different platforms. Look at the construction and details like vertical posts, horizontal reinforcing logs, and the overall size in this first vidcap.

It is simply not the same platform as the one seen in the following two vidacaps. These second vidcaps are probably of what appears to me to be the Drake's tribe's individual platform. They may have to get their flag from Jiffy's platform and take it to their tribal plaform and raise it. The "pirates" can interfere with each others efforts and sink boats or unseat contestants. I think the following vidcaps tell the tale:

Note the Drake woman doing a back flip off the platform in this sequence of two vidcaps...probably in celebration of the win.

There may be any number of scenarios on how this victory occurs...4 boats with 3 people each seems the most probable give that we can see two Drake boats and at least one Morgan boat in this vidcap. How this happens may not be really important given the above victory photos.

Finally, in the next vidcap, we see Osten with what appears to me to be the Morgan flag, but woe is them, he falls overboard with the flag. Now, this may or may not be either the flag or Osten falling overboard, but it still appears that the well-fed Drake tribe have the upper hand.

My take on this is that Drake wins RC.

IC Theory

This vidcap:

shows Michelle at the top of a tripod. She is probably sitting in a "bosun's chair". A bosun's chair is a harness that you sit in while being raised aloft by your crew mates (whose fate is "in the hands -- literally" of their tribe mates). I agree with other Krautboy and other posters that this involves the tripods previously seen in Episode 2 vidcaps. It is also probably the IC.

I think this type of challenge might actually favor Morgan because of the strength of their three men. Remember, we have seen Jon and Michelle sit out the RC for Drake. This means that probably one woman and one man from Drake must sit out the IC. We can bet that the man sitting out will not be Rupert. My guess is that it will be Shawn. Jon being considerably the weakest of any of the six males competing in the event may be enough to give Morgan the edge they need to win. Want to bet that Morgan choses either Darrah or Tijuana? Their choice will be based on who is lightest and/or who is strongest.

Wouldn't surprise me if Morgan wins IC.

If so, does this put Jon in a defensive position for his weakness?

"Onward Thru the Fog"

09-29-03, 07:42 AM (EST)
14. "RE: RC Theory and IC Theory"
Raincrow,

after eyeing the platforms, they look the same to me, including the background.. Maybe the second is just closer up, and there are flags on both sides? Then again, I could be wrong. I am in need of lasik surgery.. lol

really bad eyes, need to get new glasses..

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: RC Theory and IC Theory"
OK, Rose, ya' convinced me. I have come to agree that the background is the same...we can see two rocks or whatever at the water's edge.

I also agree that there is probably only one platform. What I thought was a structural log or board, might actually be the Drake banner rolled up. Maybe when the Morgan Flag is removed/destroyed/captured the Drake banner rolls down to proclaim the winner?

Guess my confusion stems from seeing Jiffy on the platform during what appears to be a "sea battle". Wonder where he went? Possibly replaced by Michelle and Jon...otherwise, where are they standing and how does Michelle get out there to do the backflip?

Regardless, right now, I still believe Drake wins based on the backflip vidcaps.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Initial thoughts..."
Rain baby, I think you were right in your first post that this is not the same platform. I see 2 platforms in the water. One on which JP is standing to observe and yell his "you can't do that...Morgan you better catch up, Drake is beating your ass..." comments. The second platform holds the flags, is lower in the water and behind the platform where JP is standing. Notice that the platform on which Jeff is standing has the wood "X" construction but you can see what through it on all sides, the platform on which the flags stand has the "X" wood construction but is solid behind it. It is also lower in the water than the platform JP is using.

(by the way, thanks for bringing the clips over from TDT Rose and you've got some good speculations, keep it up)

--would rather be analyzing vid-caps than writing this Motion for New Trial

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-29-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JazzyJax Click to send private message to JazzyJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Initial thoughts..."
I think your are right Misto and Rain, here's another pic off of SF showing 'Michelle' tossing off the Morgan flag and the Drake banner is unfolding - it does have a solid side under the X bracing:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3f7842d94e25c823

09-29-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Initial thoughts..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

JazzyJax,

Your definately right.

The platform is filled in with boards in between the X supports.. good eye. Sorry Raincrow. Your eyes were right the first time.

As for the IC, Ryan O. and Andrew looking smug:

I'm going to have to agree with everyone and say that Morgan finally wins something!! lol

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-30-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: RC Theory and IC Theory"
I don't think they are the same platform either, but I do believe they are from the same challenge. I think we are looking at a form of "capture the flag" on water as reward challenge this week.
Jiffy is standing on the central platform with each tribe's flag. The tribes, in their respective boats, have to either play offensive and take their flag, sinking boats along the way, or play defensive, try at all cost to protect the flags and hope for a plan B later on.
(I think that Morgan may have made a mistake in playing the defensive position, given Drake's strength, and cannot get to their flag in the end.)
Drake retrieves their flag and passes it to Michelle, standing atop the Drake platform (thus the difference in the two platforms, but similar backgrounds), and she performs her celebratory backflips after another win.
I do not believe that Drake would go looking for their treasure with only one piece out of three of their map. They would have gone already last week had they really been as excited as portrayed. However, they would be much more likely to venture out with 2/3 of their map. I think we are looking at a Drake win for reward.

Just my 2 cents worth...(or maybe a whole dime!)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •