The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Osten lie?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Osten lie?"
Ok, I know this wouldn't qualify as the "Big Lie", but what is up Osten's sleeve? If he wanted to quit as bad as CBS made him out to want, why did he vote for Skinny Ryan?

I think the thing was a juke, flushing out any possible allies to the Lil/Ryan S faction.

Is there another possiblity that I'm not seeing? (Besides the possiblity that he is just a whinny moron)

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Osten lie? nailbone 09-26-03 1
 RE: Osten lie? mistofleas 09-26-03 2
   RE: Osten lie? katethegreat 09-26-03 3
       RE: Osten lie? kykate 09-26-03 4
   RE: Osten lie? ginger 09-26-03 6
 RE: Osten lie? lovetowatch 09-26-03 5
   RE: Osten lie? Bebo 09-26-03 9
 More fuel for this theory? Brownroach 09-26-03 7
   To add even more jkokoj 09-26-03 8
   RE: More fuel for this theory? tree 09-26-03 10
       RE: More fuel for this theory? Brownroach 09-26-03 11
           RE: More fuel for this theory? kykate 09-26-03 12
               RE: More fuel for this theory? tree 09-26-03 13
 Osten possibly not who he claims to... sorgee 09-27-03 14
   RE: Osten possibly not who he claim... KeithFan 09-27-03 16
   Osten = UNH c/o 1996 PhoenixMons 09-28-03 17
       RE: Osten = UNH c/o 1996 sorgee 09-28-03 18
           Could be... PhoenixMons 09-28-03 19
 RE: Osten lie? Oscirus 09-27-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Osten lie?"
I think he's just a whiny moron, personally.

But he did expose Lill as being Ryan's only ally. She'd better work to change that pronto.

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Osten lie?"
If he wanted to quit as bad as CBS made him out to want, why did he vote for Skinny Ryan?

He had to vote for someone, he couldn't vote for himself. (as far as I know self voting isn't allowed).

Same as when Shawna wanted out in the Amazon. She voted with the majority block as well (while still hoping that the others would be kind and vote her off).

--thinks Osten is a whiney candy ass who needs a good stern talking to

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-26-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Osten lie?"
Still and all - if he REALLY wanted off, he should have voted for someone else (we thought Andrew would be a good choice!), and hope that one or two more went for him. But I too am suspicious of the whole thing; perhaps he was just lying to Ryan, plus whining a bit, seeking a little ego rubbing. (We love you, you are SO important to us, blah, blah, blah . . . )

This incident is another example to me of hype over what we get to see in the show (like that "photo finish" IC.) I begin to wonder if they even plant some of these dramas. Look at the CBS website video "Osten Wants Off" (or something like that). Tijuana is giggling, laughing the whole time. It looks like a scam of some kind.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-26-03, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Osten lie?"
From gibby at survivorsucks:

"Began tonight. It's Osten faking like he wants to go home. Can't you people see it. It's as plain as the pecs on his chest. He wants everyone to overlook him. He knows they have to keep him if they want to win."

From orangeena at survivorsucks:

"No, but this IS the Big Lie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, but this is the Big Lie. And it IS brilliant. I totally fell for it, until you just pointed it out. Osten is making them keep him. Of course, Matt was playing crazy, and they all didn't consider it AN ACT, so that they'd dismiss him, and now Osten is doing it. There is no other possible lie that occured tonight, because NOTHING occured. Boring, predictable boot episode. After the thrilling opener of last week, I'm very disappointed. This could be called "Survivor as usual." But that is the Big Lie. It's Osten's. "

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Osten lie?"
I was wondering about the self-voting thing myself last night.
I think Osten has not been camping before and is more out of his element than some of the others.
I also know that any time someone on Survivor contemplates quitting, they don't.

>

lovetowatch 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovetowatch Click to send private message to lovetowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Osten lie?"
He also now has 2 votes that he may not have received. Maybe a regret as well?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Osten lie?"
Maybe a regret as well?

Lillian lost respect for him, whining about his body breaking down and then going to toss the coconut on the beach. She doesn't think his spirit is in the game.

Since there is some speculation that Lillian returns to the game and makes final 2, maybe her early impression of Osten leads to his eventual ouster. If he goes third, as speculated, then he may lose out on final 2 because Lillian wins the final IC and chooses to take Darrah with her instead of Osten because of his early behavior in the game.

Fighting for evil (and neat forums) since 2002

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "More fuel for this theory?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-03 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

Osten's vote speech, from Markopolo's Insider transcript.

Osten (votes Skinny Ryan): FUMBLES THE PARCHMENT PAPER... Fella, I enjoyed your company. Unfortunately, you had to go. Hope to see you on the other side.

It does sound like he fully intended to vote for Ryan S. and get him out all along, and had no plans of going anywhere himself. As katethegreat pointed out, if he really wanted to leave, why didn't he vote for say Darrah to try to create a tie, like Shawna did?

I don't know, though. It seems like too risky a scam, and I'm not sure what the point would be. He wasn't in danger of being voted out before he started whining. And it doesn't seem like something he could perpetuate after tonight.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-26-03, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "To add even more"
PURE SPEC

Osten may be setting things up for the next few days and fakes becoming extremely ill. So like Lindsey and Lex, Osten will get to be taken to the onsite Docs, given food or hydration and a warm cot with blanket to sleep on.

Sometime later in a confessional he slips up about being ill or someone wants to actually boot him for being ill. Hence Jeffy stating "horrible, brilliant, mother ______!" The plan could backfire on Osten and he eventually gets booted b/c people really think he is too sick to carry on. Hence the regret.

As somone else during the show pointed out last night, he is able to play cocofootball with Ryan O. but cannot do anything else!

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: More fuel for this theory?"
Personally, I think Lill hit it on the head. Osten lost, he pouted, stamped his feet and said I don't wanna play anymore! But I think he changed his mind about quitting, and probably told his alliance so. If he still wanted to leave, although he can't vote for himself, he could have voted for anyone else besides the person he knew was on the chopping block. Of course, we weren't shown his recovery b/c that would have ruined any suspense.

Telling everyone you want out seems too risky a way to make people think you are not a threat. What if they took you up on it? He could easily under-perform and act UTR to minimize his threatening appearance.

tree

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: More fuel for this theory?"
The more I think about this, the more I'd have to agree. Why would he create such a risky situation for himself this early when it was totally unnecessary? I think he probably just changed his attitude by the time they got to TC.

kykate 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-26-03, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kykate Click to send private message to kykate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: More fuel for this theory?"
I think Osten probably figured that the tribe, when comparing strengths, would want to keep him. And that is pretty much what happened. Also, we know that he was well aware of how much the others wanted Ryan S to go.

Besides, did we ever hear him tell anyone but Lill and Ryan S that he wanted to go? I can't recall that he mentioned it to anybody else. Very risky I agree.

I'm still kinda of leaning toward my treasure chest theory -- that someone finds it, uses it, possibly not getting caught until later in the game. That way, Jeff could say that most of the contestants wouldn't realize it until they saw the show. If it had food in it, hiding it would be a horrible, brutal lie. He would regret if he got caught near the finals and the tribe boots him out.

tree 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tree Click to send private message to tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: More fuel for this theory?"
>Besides, did we ever hear him
>tell anyone but Lill and
>Ryan S that he wanted
>to go? I can't
>recall that he mentioned it
>to anybody else. Very
>risky I agree.
>

He first mentioned it to Andrew & someone else (can't remember who off hand) while working on the shelter. He also spoke to Tijuana about it.

Interesting theory about the treasure chest, but would not telling your tribe be called a lie? I guess it could be a lie of omission.

tree

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-27-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Osten possibly not who he claims to be..."
ok. i am currently at UNH working toward my C.A.G.S. i have heard osten mentioned a few times around campus this fall. so far what i have heard does not support how osten represents himself.
-i overheard a conversation of 3 girls. 1 claimed to have spent the week of july 4th with osten and "his boys" at pawtuckaway. she said that played a lot in the water(does this mean swimming?), did some fishing, one of the guys kayaked and they hiked. i'm not a nh native so i had to do some research to find out what pawtuckaway is. it's a state park. they would have had to camp out to stay there... when did survivor start shooting? is this time frame even possible? i am assuming that they meant survivor osten.
-i tried to get his year of graduation and i wasn't able to. word around the whittemore school of business is that he hasn't yet finished his degree, but that he has fulfilled his concluding project with an internship in boston.
-i am not able to look him up in the student directory.
-i have overheard several students mention that he likes to stretch the truth, that he's a player and other comments that make him seem like a kinda shady guy. (this was last week and they referenced survivor in their conversation.)
unfortunately, i have no way to verify any of this. i wish i did because i have been posting on here for quite awhile and i don't want to lose credibility. i was debating whether or not to post this and i figured that it would probably be best for me to throw it out to the board to see if any of you can verify anything or to even decide if it is worth the trouble.
(wishes she wasn't so shy and actually had the kahunas to walk up to these people and join their conversations...)

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-03, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Osten possibly not who he claims to be..."
Lots of leg work involved there! Keep up the good work! There is something rotten in Denmark here and I cant put my finger on it yet.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-28-03, 05:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Osten = UNH c/o 1996"
Did some digging on the UNH site...he is class of '96 if that helps any.

from http://www.alumni.unh.edu/keep/lists/connection/09_05_03.html

SURVIVALIST: Nashua, N.H., native and UNH alum Osten Taylor '96 is among the 16 contestants picked for the next "Survivor" series, which takes place on the Pearl Islands off the coast of Panama. Taylor is an equity trade manager in Boston. The series begins Sept. 18 on CBS.

Maybe that will help, sorgee

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-28-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Osten = UNH c/o 1996"
ok. that contidcts what i was told at the school of business. they said he hadn't graduated!
also, i was able to locate a fella named jason eno that said he hung out with him this summer. jason is in education, like me, but he also has a business background.
i can't figure out why things aren't adding up. and more importantly, i can't fiigure out the significance of them not adding up.
i have class on tuesday. i may try to gte to camous a little early and see if the regitrar can offer any insight on the class of 1996. if they have him listed as a graduate, then i'm going back to the school of business to see what i can find.
i'm starting to get very frustrated with this!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-28-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Could be..."
That he was SUPPOSED to graduate in '96 (seems to make sense based upon his age) but that he did not in fact graduate. Alumni associations don't usually ask for a degree certificate (I should know, I was part of the Alumni group at U of A BEFORE I got my degree - was 3 credits shy at the time - and am listed with the year I was expecting to graduate, LOL) or any sort of proof that you've actually graduated - they just want your money . I definitely think the "lie" relates to someone pretending to be someone/thing they are not in some sense...I went so far as to speculate that Jon (back when we thought it was certain that Jon was the liar) was really using another Jon Dalton's current background or something like that....identity theft, LOL. So if Osten's info continues to be suspicious...whi knows?

Thanks for doing all of this digging for us

I *heart* my ©2003 GeorgiaBelle Creation
"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-27-03, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Osten lie?"
Though all these theories would be interesting and that could be true what would be the thing that it would make someone do that they regret and how would that lead to the big twist? However I do think Osten is playacting just not the big lie, .Another thing I remember Jeff saying after talking about it is that i want to see someone lie throughout the whole game and that hasn't happened yet.

nuff said

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •