The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anti-Pagong Challenge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anti-Pagong Challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

If Aras had been smart, and a student of the game, he would have gathered the Casayas at one point before the chop challenge to plan. The purpose of that game is to break alliances to avoid Pagonging. So if they had said
"gee, Probst will try to get us to show our order and break us up. That will help Terry. So let's all agree to only cut the rope of the person next to us in the alphabet (or some such thing). Then we will take control back from Probst."

the only thing left would have been to determine who goes for reward, and again, taking the previous two cut (ie so the F3 in the challenge get the reward) should take the emotion out of it.

I wonder if any survivor in history would have had the foresight to make such a strategy?

et remove extra stuff

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge DearAbby 04-21-06 1
   RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge mistyrose52 04-21-06 2
       RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge LisaPles 04-21-06 3
           RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge Wacko Jacko 04-21-06 5
               RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge nailbone 04-21-06 8
               RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge byoffer 04-21-06 9
 RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge KObrien_fan 04-21-06 4
   RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge byoffer 04-21-06 6
   RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge iltarion 04-21-06 7
       RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge michel 04-22-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-21-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
If Aras had been smart, and a student of the game, he would have gathered the Casayas at one point before the chop challenge to plan.

I thought Shane was running the show. (Well, at least Shane thinks he is!)

I wonder if any survivor in history would have had the foresight to make such a strategy?

That's a good strategy, but I can't think of anyone doing it in the past. Now that you've put it out there for future players to see, I think they would be wise to so just that! Can anyone see a down-side to this plan?

Vintage tribephyl 2006 Dancin' with tribephyl 2006

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-21-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
No, you'd think after all these episodes, SOMEONE would get a clue! The whole purpose of this cut-throat challenge is to get people in the final 6 or so to start turning on eachother.

But so far, no one has been smart enough to figure out how to overcome the emotions of it, and figure out a strategy that would actually make their alliances come out on top.

Maybe next time, huh?

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
Maybe they are all too curious about the pecking order and want to see for themselves where they fall in the order.

Yes, I also wonder when the tribe members will get a clue to how the producers are trying to manipulate the game!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-21-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
That is all fine and dandy, but who named Aras the ring leader. Why does every decision that is made in this game come down to Aras? Any Casaya could've done that. Aras keeps making decisions for the group he is sure to get axed.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
it seems like Aras is the leader because he's the only semi-sane one of the bunch. He certainly doesn't seem to WANT to be the leader, but Shane and Courtney are nutballs and Bruce and Danielle aren't assertive enough.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

04-21-06, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
I was not naming Aras the ring leader. Shane could also have done this. They seem to be the two ring-leaders. I was suggesting Aras because he seems to have a secret alliance to F3, as long as Casaya sticks together to battle against Terry.

Of Casaya, Bruce seemed to be next, and didn't seem to be doing anything to change that. Would Danielle have felt herself targetted to do something to prevent coming in 5th of Casaya?

This could only have been done by someone who felt confident that they were in an advantageous position overall by Casaya's pecking order not being revealed.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
What they should have done was answer "Terry" to all of the questions on the survey and then answer "Terry" to all of the questions when asked during the challenge. Terry might catch on quickly that they did that but so what, after one round of 6 Casaya all getting the right answer, Terry would have only had one chop and had been out.

This way they not only don't reveal a pecking order, but they also don't have any hard feelings for people realizing that they are "annoying".

04-21-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
So Ko, I guess that is the solution for the hurt feelings issue? I think that would work. Again, that is a tougher part of the challenge to predict, but it could work.

The key might be, just how hungry are these people? Because doing what you said would mean some serious ties with respect to chopping ropes. That might equate to a group "throwing" the challenge to protect their alliance. Good long term plan, individuals might feel safe in the alliance and would rather fight for the meal.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-21-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
Those were some of the most boring suggestions I have ever heard.
1) Everyone wants to know where they stand within the tribe, and also it is human curiousity to want to know what your tribemates think of you.
2) They all WANT to WIN THE CHALLENGE.
and 3) When a pecking order had to be shown during a similar challenge during All-Stars, Rob and Amber wisely helped Rupert and Jenna make it to the end, which then forced Rupert to decide the pecking order by choosing the meals. Rob got a cheeseburger meal out of it, AND he didn't have to reveal to Tom or Alicia where they really sat with him.
So, you can say that at least once this challenge was wisely handled. But pick by a pre-determined method or have everyone write down the same names? How lame would that be? You should be strong enough in your alliances that one challenge shouldn't change anything. Really, the only time this challenge made a big difference was the very first time they had it in Marquesas, when the ROTU 4 unwisely showed Paschal and Neleh were they sat.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anti-Pagong Challenge"
First a bit of history: Besides A$$ where the premise was different with returning players, Palau's pecking order challenge also was very well played by Tom and Ian. They were applauded in our editing thread for picking each other out. Tom had three chops going; Gregg, Ian (sorry my friend) and Jenn. After that chop Ian cut Tom's last rope. Followed the famous "No, we'll pay you back!" to the winners.

Sorry Iltarion but NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN THIS CHALLENGE and while not employing KOB_FAN's method, three players played this challenge perfectly:

- Danielle played as suggested on these boards with no answers right despite lasting 7 rounds, no emotions at being chopped and no reaction at being named the one that does the least for the tribe. Before you say that she is known as Dumielle in Bashers, her answer at the "does least" question was Bruce who was a very hard worker and who, we saw, she admired as a father figure. She wanted to be wrong. Great strategy in this game.

-Aras followed the Tom approach. He had 7 out of the first 9 questions right yet he never chopped the same player twice before his 6th chop. He went: Terry, Bruce, Courtney, Cirie, Danielle, Danielle and Courtney. He never showed emotions except to taunt Terry in good humour. He then clearly gave a wrong answer to the last question, not wanting to be placed in the position to choose. Perfect individual game.

-Shane invented a new way to play. He overdramatizes his defeat and sees an opportunity to get a little more reassurance for the end game. OK, I wouldn't recommend this approach but he achieved what he wanted.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •