The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"World Idol: Voting Strategy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-23-03, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"World Idol: Voting Strategy"
Basically you aren't allowed to vote for your own country. Basically Idols will "win" countries, that is the leading idol that wins USA gets 10 points, 2nd place gets 9 points, etc.

So, if you want Kelly to win, you don't want to vote for the 2nd place person. (Especially the guy from Germany, who appears to be her biggest rival) The best thing to do is to vote for someone with no chance of winning.

In a worst case scenario, the awful singer actually wins the competition (figuratively speaking, I'm assuming since they all won their own countries, they can't be that bad) it won't be so bad, because unlike American Idol, we won't have to listen to them ever again.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy munson 12-23-03 1
 RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy 712 12-24-03 2
   RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy managerr 12-24-03 3
       RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy 712 12-24-03 4
           RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy managerr 12-24-03 5
               RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy 712 12-24-03 6
                   RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy world_idol 12-26-03 7
 RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy bethla 12-31-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-23-03, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
I worry a bit about Kelly's chances with a world audience. Not much of a secret that there's a lot of anti-American sentiment out there (thanks, Dub) and Kelly just might feel the brunt of that.

I've seen a review of the performances - OK, not a performer by performer critique - but word is that Simon ripped everyone except Kelly, and maybe one other performer.

I'm not sure your assumption regarding the quality of the performances is valid, tho. American audiences have very specific tastes that don't often extend to the subtle cultural differences in many art forms. But who knows. I'm hoping for an entertaining show.

In fact, I'm more interested in seeing the performers who won their countries than crowning a World Idol. Doubt that I'll vote, either.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-24-03, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
Yeah... why vote at all if you're just going to throw it at someone who's not going to win?

Or, you know, you COULD vote for whoever performs best that night.
Unless that does infact turn out to be Kelly, in which case you have a point.

12-24-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
Because if you want Kelly to win you can't vote for her. But you can vote to hurt her competitors.

12-24-03, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
What? How is voting for ANYONE going to increase the chances of a Kelly win?

Am I completely missing your point?

You want Kelly to win, but Guy Sebastien from Australia, let's say, looks like he has her beat. So, instead of voting for Guy, you randomly vote for the Peruvian Idol, so that Guy doesn't get the votes to beat her?

Wouldn't that end up hurting Kelly more than anyone?
It seems to me like not voting at all would be an equally effective strategy.

12-24-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
5. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
Yes! Because it's not a popular vote that determines the winner. It's electoral college style.

If you think Guy is Kelly's top competitor, you need to vote Peruvian Idol in the the hopes that Peruvian Idol gets more points than Guy in America. You want to make sure that Guy gets as little of the American % of votes as possible so that he gets the fewest amount of points.

12-24-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
OOOOhhhhhhhhhh....
I get it now.

I'm still sticking by my "vote for whoever's best" philosophy though.

world_idol 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-26-03, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail world_idol Click to send private message to world_idol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
YES!!!, I agree, you should definitely vote for the best. That means Guy Sebastan! (i think)
Before World idol was show i was going for Kelly because she is from home(i was planning not vote), but after seeing guy's great performance i voted for him.

Go The Fro!

bethla 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-31-03, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bethla Click to send private message to bethla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: World Idol: Voting Strategy"
that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard!!!! you should vote for the person who's best, not just use strategy so your AMAZING country can win again and be better than all the other countries!!!! it's almost as i can hear Bush!!!! and THAT my friend is NOT a compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=(

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •