The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mark Burnett chat in USA today.com. Finally the tie vote? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

outlast 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail outlast Click to send private message to outlast Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mark Burnett chat in USA today.com. Finally the tie vote? "
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-00 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

OK so this was from July, but I thought it was worth reviweing one last time.

USAtoday.com has a chat transcript with Mark Burnett.

http://www.usatoday.com/community/chat/0719burnett.htm

In it he says we will see a tie vote. (and I assume by we, he mean a televised tie) Given we haven't seen it, This means a tie occurs in the first vote, assuming Burnett isn't lying.

With this info, I have to conclude Kelly wins immunity the first time.

Lots of other tidbits in the transcript as well. Pick away!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mark Burnett chat in USA today.... DivaByTheSea 08-21-00 1
 Mark Burnett chat in Newsweek.com o... flying squirrel 08-21-00 2
 RE: Mark Burnett chat in USA today.... lindzers99 08-21-00 3
   Unfortunately Crazy Wubbles 08-21-00 4
   RE: Mark Burnett chat in USA today.... Laney 08-21-00 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mark Burnett chat in USA today.com. Finally the tie vote? "
Here's the quote about the tie---

St.Paul, Minnesota: What would have happened if there was a tie in the voting to get rid of a person. Say there were 6 people left and 3 voted for 1 person and 3 voted for another?

Mark Burnett: Actually, later in the series, you will see a tie occur. What happens is that everyone revotes and vote against those two people. I have all the time in the world, and if they choose to sit there and deliberate all day long, it just eats into their energy reserves, not mine.

INteresting comment ("you reap what you sow")--

McLean, Virginia: How are the last two contestants going to be voted down to one winner?

Mark Burnett: When there's two left, we then will bring back the seven most recently voted off. They will form a jury, and that jury will select from the final two who gets the $1 million.

That's what makes Survivor great. Payback is sweet in that the people who are choosing the $1 million winner were actually voted off at some point by that person. I think that you reap what you sow.

------

I think that those are 2 of the more interesting quotes when it comes to trying to speculate the winner. The reaping what you sow quote makes me think of Rich and Sue and the animosity that is there towards them from the ousted castaways. The tie must happen this week, as we have not seen it yet.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-21-00, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Mark Burnett chat in Newsweek.com on the tie vote "
Ak had posted the USA Today quotes, but thanks for bringing them up again. Here is another quote of MB talking about the tie, from a post datelined July 12 on Newsweek.com:

Q: In future episodes, how will ties be worked out?
A: By a revote. Another vote just between the two people who tied.

Q: What if there’s a tie again?
A: They’ll be sitting there all night. It’s like a jury. In America, a court case can take weeks if there’s a hung jury, unless a judge decides it’s a mistrial. The jury will sit there and debate until they make a decision. In the case of “Survivor,” we have had tie votes—and they’ve all been resolved. Our only mandate is they must make a decison.

Q: In instances when there’s a tie, is there open discussion at Tribal Council of who should go?
A: No.

lindzers99 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindzers99 Click to send private message to lindzers99 Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mark Burnett chat in USA today.com. Finally the tie vote? "
Here's something that might be a hint. After the Lincoln, NE question about alliances, there's a quick sentence that says "Survivor's outcome is rather close to workplace politics all over America." Didn't Sue make some comment about the show being like that? Except I forget who she said would win because of that.

Crazy Wubbles 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crazy%20Wubbles Click to send private message to Crazy%20Wubbles Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Unfortunately"
Unfortunately she didn't say... Jeffy asked her what wins out, "corporate politics or redneck ideals" (it made it sound like he was asking her what was going to win within herself) and she said "Well, we'll see."

Laney 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-21-00, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laney Click to send private message to Laney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mark Burnett chat in USA today.com. Finally the tie vote? "
She said that she didn't know yet if corporate america would win because the show wasn't over yet, then we would see (Something to that effect anyway.)

Joel also said in the Arkansas online interview that there was a clue in Ep. 1 about who wins. I didn't see Ep. 1, but I hear that Sue made a speech then too about Corp. America vs. what-- rural work ethics? This could be the clue. Then again, so could Rich making the comment about the check being written out to him already.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •