The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

sum1smum 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-04, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sum1smum Click to send private message to sum1smum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
I'm going to be beholden to all of you on Thursday. My stupid CBS affiliate here is pre-empting the live show on Thursday for an exhibition football game.

Please, please, I beg of you all, I'll be glued to the spoiler thread. I want every tiny little detail and more, if possible! I can't believe I've hung on this long and will miss the actual ousting of Jase. I've sent a snotty letter to the local TV station, but they obviously are Jase fans and don't want anyone to enjoy his fall.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... seahorse 08-11-04 1
   RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... sum1smum 08-11-04 2
       RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... RaHead 08-11-04 3
           RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... Cookiehahnster 08-11-04 5
       RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... AugustGirl 08-12-04 19
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... Rothschild 08-11-04 4
   RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... sum1smum 08-11-04 6
   RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... Cookiehahnster 08-11-04 7
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... vixie 08-11-04 8
   RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... cuervoandcookies 08-11-04 9
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... Queene1979 08-11-04 10
   RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... sum1smum 08-11-04 12
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... jerico_red 08-11-04 11
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... theking0075 08-11-04 13
   RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... summer123 08-11-04 15
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... Nicegrl99 08-11-04 14
   RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... sum1smum 08-12-04 16
 BB will NOT be pre-empted in Chicag... shakes the clown 08-12-04 17
   RE: BB will NOT be pre-empted in Ch... theking0075 08-12-04 18
       RE: BB will NOT be pre-empted in Ch... angeleyes 08-12-04 20
   RE: BB will NOT be pre-empted in Ch... RaHead 08-13-04 22
 RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empt... proofofnolife 08-12-04 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
What market are you in. I hope it does not happen in my neck of the woods.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

08-11-04, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sum1smum Click to send private message to sum1smum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Baltimore, MD. Who cares about the Ravens, anyway?

RaHead 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-11-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RaHead Click to send private message to RaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Chicago is doing the same thing for the stoooopid bears game. Apparently the show, BB5, will be shown @ 1:00 in the morning. Its a preseason game, so who really cares? Show it on ESPN so I can watch BB5 dammit!

Cookiehahnster 222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-11-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cookiehahnster Click to send private message to Cookiehahnster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
At least CBS IS showing it. Set your VCR.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Baltimore, MD. Who cares about the Ravens, anyway?

*GASP* *SPUTTER* *GASP*

Them's fighting words, sum! I love my Ravens.

However I do have to admit I got very upset when I heard Channel 13 was airing the game instead of BB, especially since ESPN is also airing the game. I calmed down a bit when I found out this morning that they were airing BB later. VCR to the rescue!

*runs to tell Fester about this Ravens' hater amongst us* then *runs to get a life*

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
after Jase leaves, you'll be seeing alot of this. Hate him or tolerate him, he makes good TV, baking cookies and slumbers parties don't sell.

08-11-04, 12:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
I'm afraid you're right. I may as well train a camera on myself.

Cookiehahnster 222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-11-04, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cookiehahnster Click to send private message to Cookiehahnster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
They do to me. I think the show will be fabulous without him.

vixie 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vixie Click to send private message to vixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Plus, if someone would PM me Thursday night (or Fri morning) and let me know what happens, I'll be in So Cal at my son's wedding rehearsal and dinner. Hopefully the new inlaws will tape it, but they may have other things on their minds. Thanks.

cuervoandcookies 32 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cuervoandcookies Click to send private message to cuervoandcookies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
I'll be in So
>Cal at my son's wedding
>rehearsal and dinner.

For God's sake man!! Where are your priorities! Just arrange to have a tv and cable available during the dinner.

That would endear you to the in-laws. (Just tell them that they're a part of Obnoxious Fiance II)

Queene1979 445 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Queene1979 Click to send private message to Queene1979 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 01:55 PM (EST)

Hello sum1smum-

The local CBS affiliate in Baltimore will be re-playing it at 2:05 am on Friday morning,

http://titantvguide.titantv.com/apg/ShowDetails.aspx?siteId=51192&callsign=WJZ&scheduleId=76749736&channel=13&stationId=1079&psipId=0&contentType=analog&pvrWatch=P&viewerMode=false&clientTimezoneOffset=-5&clientObservesDts=True&showPvr=True&showWatchNow=True&showDatacast=False&vid=c5d9cc71-5f89-4c56-beea-704699f07be1&sem=True&saa=True&psipMajor=&detailPageLogoImgSrc=&skin=BLUE&source=&type=B

Either you can set a tape up and watch it first thing or you can take a nap and get up and watch it. Knowing from experince about taping shows that have aired on late night I recommend that you set your tape to tape for a full hour before and a full hour after, it will ensure that you get the whole episode.

08-11-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Thanks! I think I'll set the alarm and see what the city's like at 2 a.m. on a Friday morning!

jerico_red 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jerico_red Click to send private message to jerico_red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Ok, breathe... breathe...
It's ok... <<exhales>>
whew, almost had a breakdown there. I just can't believe "football" would preempt a REAL game, a game of mind-bending wits and deceit, a game with drama that would dwarf any soap opera... It can't be... THEY CAN'T DO IT... ARGH!!!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!

Well, one good thing comes out of this... Jase won't get the face-time he's craving for his departure. He'll be relegated to the gutter of crappy infomercials and phone-sex hotlines. Hehe!

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
How can I get my CBS affiliate here in Alabama to show the Bears and the Ravens?

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

summer123 68 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail summer123 Click to send private message to summer123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Hey hey hey! Don't say that or it might just happen. I swear, everytime I get hooked on a show, they yank it off of the air. They took Starting Over off smack dab in the middle of the week earlier this year. Eeeeesh!

Nicegrl99 54 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nicegrl99 Click to send private message to Nicegrl99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Instead of waiting up really late in Baltimore, do you have any friends who live closer to DC? I live in Columbia, and Comcast of Howard County gives us both the Baltimore and DC affiliate channels. You could check it out on the DC CBS Channel 9. Just a thought
"Belief creates the actual fact"
Nicegrl99

08-12-04, 07:47 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Thanks for the idea. My daughter lives in Virginia, and they had suggested I drive down for the show. Actually, I'm either going to phone her and "watch" vicariously through her, or just set the alarm. It's either going to be a great show, or a real disappointment. Can't decide.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-12-04, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "BB will NOT be pre-empted in Chicago"
...the Bears game is on NBC tonight, not CBS.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-12-04, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: BB will NOT be pre-empted in Chicago"
>...the Bears game is on NBC
>tonight, not CBS.
>
>
>
>

So they're pre-empting "Last Comic Standing"? That's even worse!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

angeleyes 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-12-04, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angeleyes Click to send private message to angeleyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: BB will NOT be pre-empted in Chicago"
If you want to watch BB on the internet go to Mortystv and they have a link. You need Windows Media player to view it. I hope this helps those of you that have a delayed show.

RaHead 39 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RaHead Click to send private message to RaHead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: BB will NOT be pre-empted in Chicago"
Sorry Shakes, in Rockford they put the game on CBS. My VCR is broke, too lazy to get a new one. Good thing I have this board to keep me updated.

proofofnolife 58 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-04, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail proofofnolife Click to send private message to proofofnolife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Local CBS affiliate is pre-empting Live Thurs. Show!"
Well, at least it is football. Here in Tampa Bay the local CBS affiliate is showing the same Hurricane Charley coverage over and over and over again. Reporters practically passing out from excitement over the very mean, but still over Cuba approaching Hurricane Charley. I realize it is important, but how many times can you watch the same footage of plywood buying at Home Depot and water buying at Albertson's! I mean shaddup already and when you can give us some new info, then let us know. Until then, well you really should have fed my habit of having no life and shown Big Borther. Thank goodness my friends on this board keep us informed. I feel better for my rant already!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •