The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Burton Roberts

Roberts is a 31-year-old marketing executive from San Francisco.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts Brownroach 08-28-03 1
   RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts smiley 08-28-03 2
 RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts Coconut 08-28-03 3
   RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts Brownroach 08-28-03 4
 RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts SteffiGurl 08-28-03 5
 RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts Rothschild 08-28-03 6
   RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts Rothschild 08-30-03 7
   RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts SkyRaider 09-02-03 8
 RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts: ... Purrl 09-19-03 9
   Burton may be the liar! rnabring 09-20-03 10
 RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts Blast 09-28-03 11
 RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts DoodleBug 09-29-03 12
   help cqvenus 09-29-03 13
       RE: help Brownroach 09-29-03 14
       RE: help dabo 09-29-03 15
           thanks cqvenus 09-29-03 16
               RE: thanks dabo 09-29-03 17
                   RE: thanks DoodleBug 09-30-03 18
                       I think it IS a big deal. jkokoj 09-30-03 19
                           RE: I think it IS a big deal. dabo 09-30-03 20
                           RE: I think it IS a big deal. Brownroach 09-30-03 21
                               RE: I think it IS a big deal. mistofleas 09-30-03 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
I think this guy will be like the Ryan Opray of the Drake Tribe.

just figured someone should say something about him.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-28-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
*whack*

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
1. Who the he!! owns only five cows? Five, I ask you.

2. Favourite movie: Gladiator. Favourite book: Atlas Shrugged.
Is this realistic?

five cows. Yeesh.

08-28-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
Favourite book: Atlas Shrugged

Well, we know who Dawg will be rooting for.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-28-03, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
I dunno, man. He's a Mr. Macho romance character. My "meh" of the season. Maybe he'll be a smooth talkin country boy like Colby or Blake.

Meh.

BTW, I didn't realize they were talking about cows...

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-28-03, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
RED FLAGS

A San Francisco cowboy !!!

Reichen and Chip on TAR4 liked horses, too !!!

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-30-03, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
Also a graduate of Country Day Prep in Ladue, MO.
Upscale, MONEY, MONEY

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-02-03, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
One of the Reno Rodeo Boys?

Purrl 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-03, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Purrl Click to send private message to Purrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts: TV Guide Info"
Burton Roberts'replies to his:

Strength: Degree in organizational hehavior.
Weakness: Too strong.
Prep Work: Read survival and game theory books.
Strategy: Not going to be a leader.

rnabring 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rnabring Click to send private message to rnabring Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Burton may be the liar!"
So, I came across this on the Internet & at Sucks...

Supposedly he's the chief marketing officer for a computer game company that supposedly had a video game console. From this article, it seems as if this company is in deep SH&T, considering this Phantom console may be a complete fraud.

How's that for a lie?

Jiffy never lied to us...and it doesn't affect the game, which is why it's okay to let us know from the beginning (and why MB doesn't want Jiffy going on about nothing...)

Infinium Labs' Executive Seen on Survivor
By James Brightman -- Staff Writer
Published 2:52 PM CDT, September 19, 2003

Chief marketing officer Burton Roberts appeared on last night's debut of Survivor: Pearl Islands...

As if there wasn't enough controversy already surrounding Infinium Labs and its upcoming Phantom console, now the company's chief marketing officer, Burton Roberts, appeared as one of the castaways last night on the debut of CBS' Survivor: Pearl Islands. On the show he was known only as Burton Roberts, "marketing executive" from San Francisco, California, but we've since learned that this is indeed the same Burton Roberts who works for Infinium Labs. If you care to know, Roberts survived the first episode and his Drake Tribe team won immunity.

Could this appearance affect Infinium Labs' Phantom? Time will tell, but it sure would be interesting to see other video game executives doing something similar. How about Ed Fries or Bill Gates on Fear Factor?

http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4263/

Blast 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-28-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blast Click to send private message to Blast Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
I'm new here, so if I mess this up, forgive me. I just looked at all the audition tapes, and noticed that Burton, Shawn, Christa, and Nicole all had similar audition tapes,in that they appeared to be interviews rather than tapes that they had created and sent in. Also, in Burton's audition tape, there appears to be the corner of an artwork on the wall behind him that appears very similar to the artwork behind Christa on her audition tape.

Interesting to know that up to 4 of the survivors picked were actually "chosen" without sending in an audition tape...i.e. "found on the beach" like Nicole.

Also, Burton talks in his "audition tape" about reading books and studying up on Survivor as if this happened after he found out he could be/would be on the show.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S7 Contestant Burton Roberts"
Is he really Jon Burton???

Check out the post by sgoogs here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4086.shtml#48

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "help"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 06:10 PM (EST)

okay I read about this eco challenge (never heard of it before) and what's the big deal? who cares? does it automatically disqualify you from survivor? does it mean anything? I don't think it does, but maybe I'm overlooking something. all I see is a smart guy who has survival experience not drawing attention to himself for it (like foofy Lil) and releasing himself of the burdens of expectation that might ensue. *shrug*

if that's the big lie, I'm not watching next season.

- of course, I said the same thing when Jenna won

09-29-03, 06:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: help"
He was on Eco-Challenge Fuji last year, cq. There's more discussion in Misto's Big Lie thread that will clue you in.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: help"
Eco-Challenge is a Mark Burnett production, I think it appears on USA network. There are a whole bunch of teams who have to get from point A to point B to point C to point D and so on. There are dozens of teams, scores of competitors, and it is really really rough.

John Burton (who was in Eco-Challenge last year) and Burton Roberts are apparently the same person.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "thanks"
for the explanations, guys! that was very helpful.

still, I don't understand what the big deal is. I think if it's the same guy it's pretty hellasmart that he "lied" about what he's been through. Survivor will probably be cake in comparison to that eco challenge.

oh well.

09-29-03, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: thanks"
I was mainly just wondering about the two different names. But according to one link I followed and followed and followed it may just be that his full name is John Burton Roberts in which case it's really no big deal.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: thanks"
The more I thought about it, that's my conclusion as well, Dabo. It will probably be no big deal, but anyway. Just odd that he (or CBS) would use a different name.

Sorry for the confusion, CQ!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-30-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "I think it IS a big deal."
Why use a different name? I can understand why you would want to hide from your tribe mates that you were on another adventure challenge show but why change your name?

How many confessionals have we seen from Burton? I can't remember too much from him at all. He is just some eye candy at this point. Burton is keeping a low profile for a reason. He could be the liar. Probst would know about Burton's profession and the fact that he was in another MB production. Maybe just maybe someone asked him about it and Burton lies.

Goes to show you that some contestants are being hand picked.

09-30-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
20. "RE: I think it IS a big deal."
And maybe he isn't a real Eagle Scout but he plays one on TV! I'm trying to figure out how this all would go with Jeff's statements about the big lie, but it doesn't jibe. It could be yet another lie (there have been a few already, it's becoming a theme in PI). Or maybe he didn't want to be confused with the other John Burton from San Fran.

http://democrats.sen.ca.gov/senator/burton/

09-30-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
21. "RE: I think it IS a big deal."
Probst would know about Burton's profession and the fact that he was in another MB production

But Probst said he himself got suckered by the lie.

This isn't it. The liar actively tells the lie to his tribemates according to JP. Burton would be keeping his mouth shut. And if anyone asked "weren't you on Eco-Challenge Fiji" he would just say "no." I think the Big Lie is bigger than "no".

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-03, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I think it IS a big deal."
I agree BR. I don't see this as something that JP would consider brutal or horrible.

I honestly don't see how being in the Eco-Challenge would be of that much benefit on Survivor either. Sure he would have endurance because of the EC but they don't have to strategize and vote like Survivor, that's the challenge.

Also, I know several people who use either their first or middle name for different situations. John Burton Roberts. Poor guys got 3 first names! No wonder he's confused.

--wants to have just one name like Madonna or Cher

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •