The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

XXX Survivor 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-03, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXX%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXX%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Heard Rob/Jenna speculating on Howard Stern show this morning that the reason Christy voted for Jenna was that she didn't understand the instructions. She thought that by writing Jenna, she was voting against Jenna. Given her hearing disability and the fact that she never watched prior Survivors, I tend to believe this. The reasons for her Jenna vote that she gave in the reunion show were such meaningless jibberish that I believe it was all she could come up with to avoid admitting the embarassing truth (that she simply voted wrong). She said she voted Jenna since she was with her from the beginning and only with Matt from the middle of the time there. However, when asked who she would have voted for if it was Jenna vs. Rob, she indicated Rob thus contradicting the idiotic reasoning she had just given for her actual vote.

What do you people think???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why chillinmcmillan 05-13-03 1
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why mavsfan 05-14-03 2
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why ALIAS 05-14-03 3
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why tamarama 05-14-03 6
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why tribephyl 05-14-03 4
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why KeithFan 05-14-03 10
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why SurvivinDawg 05-14-03 5
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why tamarama 05-14-03 7
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why ElroyJetson 05-14-03 17
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Skiver 05-14-03 9
       Skiver ... Amily 05-14-03 11
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why tamarama 05-14-03 12
           Vote Explanations samboohoo 05-14-03 21
               RE: Vote Explanations dabo 05-14-03 22
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why SurvivinDawg 05-14-03 15
           RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Skiver 05-14-03 19
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Brownroach 05-14-03 8
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why jkokoj 05-14-03 13
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why ADKer 05-14-03 14
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why samiam 05-14-03 18
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why jsanb 05-14-03 26
           RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Brownroach 05-14-03 27
               RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why samiam 05-16-03 35
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why jon5798 05-14-03 16
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why FSUGUY 05-14-03 23
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why AZ_Leo 05-14-03 24
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Darwic 05-14-03 20
 Matt Burned Christy - Simple Soult... smrtNsassybnkr 05-14-03 25
   RE: Matt Burned Christy - Simple S... XXX Survivor 05-14-03 28
       RE: Matt Burned Christy - Simple S... tamarama 05-15-03 29
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Penelope Le Pew 05-15-03 30
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why dabo 05-15-03 31
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Brownroach 05-16-03 32
           RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why AZ_Leo 05-16-03 34
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why Penelope Le Pew 05-16-03 33
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why quanta 05-20-03 36
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why cqvenus 05-21-03 37
       RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why tamarama 05-21-03 38
           RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why cqvenus 05-23-03 40
 RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why whoami 05-21-03 39
   RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why SurvivinDawg 05-23-03 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

chillinmcmillan 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-03, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chillinmcmillan Click to send private message to chillinmcmillan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
I don't think so, I think Jiffy would have clearly explained it to her before hand.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-03, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Someone else mentioned that Christy may have been offended that Matt staid she had a "FUNKY" accent.

I wonder if when lip reading Matt's "FUNKY", she misunderstood his response and took offense.

ALIAS 16 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 03:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ALIAS Click to send private message to ALIAS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
First of it wasn't Rob/Jenna..It was only Rob talking and he was JOKING ( as in making fun of Christy's lip reading and saying she read JP lips wrong)

The other jury members knew what to do before they even got there i'm sure they all discussed it..Besides Christy wasn't in the game anymore..SHE WAS ALLOWED TO WEAR HER HEARING AID AGAIN !!!

Think about it... And get over it JENNA WON !!! SHE BEAT ROB & MATT..>SHE BEAT THEM ..THEY ARE LOSERS SHE IS WINNER..Case CLosed ..LOL

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-14-03, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
>>..Besides Christy wasn't in the game anymore..SHE WAS ALLOWED TO WEAR HER HEARING AID AGAIN !!!<<

Whoa!!

Christy was allowed to wear her hearing aid in the game as well. She was spotted wearing it a couple of times.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-03, 05:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
I've been wanting to answer this question...yes specifically this question! I have a neighbor who needed consoling after witnessing his first "live" survivor. (He had watched S2, in it's entirety, on VHS. Plus the last half of S5. When he got hooked.)
He stormed in my "security door" and with a huge exaggerated sigh ... "Jennnnnnnahhhggg! Argh!!! How'd she win????"
In my consoling, I noticed that I had the perfect answer for him. AND something that I will bring up in all future seasons of Spoiling.

The Final Episode.
Who knew that Jenna could go from destitute to winnningest?
Noone other than the JURY!
The jury sat there and watched all of Jenna's "alliance members" disappear. Just when all looked lost for her. She then took complete control. (Rob also paved the way)
She won the most important IC's and then chose the perfect person to go up against.
Unfortunately, we were never shown how she "changed" until this "Final Episode", because it happened in the last few days of their stay.
It is now, completely possible, for a person to come from far behind and than take hold of the game in the last few days.

Also... She seemed to be a person who "needed" it more. Matthew, Definately did not!
Dave spoke of his vote, at the reunion, and mentioned the same thing. Matt was less in need of the money than Jenna was, that's a major reason he voted the way he did. (We all know it's not because of his "meaningful" question at final TC.)
Christy also could've been influenced by Jenna's "need".
It is no secret among the "spoilers" that Jenna spoke of her dying mother to almost everyone out there.
This may be one of the better strategies! Tell everyone that you need the money the most. Call it medical bills or some form of a skidrow story, and the MILL. may be your's. You just gotta outlast.

This whole "the complete story isn't told" thing may be the reason most other F2's are harder to predict/spoil. (minus CO and BoDogg). The same reason why some of us choose to go with alternate "un-spoiled" F2's near the end.

I don't know if I answered the question in the clearest most concise way, yet sometimes MB does the same with his editting. But the same thing I was talking about with Jenna could be the reason Vee won. Vee needed it more and she won the last few IC's (or made the appropriate deals). She changed alot in the eye's of the JURY in the last few days.

tribephyl

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
The "need it the most" plan can work to some extent, but look at Clay vs Brian in S5. Brian was doing pretty good for himself at home and Clay had just filed for bankrupcy from his restaurant. I don't think too many of his votes were for financial reasons.

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
- Saint Augustine (354-430)

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
First, I don't buy this whole thing that Christy just voted the wrong way because she missed a lip-read.

Second, I think there is a piece of the puzzle missing. We don't have a clue how Christy feels about Matt. We really don't. Survivor is edited. The Tribal Councils are edited. We were shown Christy's rant at the Cute Girls, but that doesn't mean she liked them less than Matt.

Let's also face a fact that Christy didn't get along with hardly ANYONE during this game. She had a problem with the other women (and not just Heidi and Jenna) in the early going. She seemed to have a problem with some of the guys. She seemed to not be "included" because of her deafness, but the truth is that she didn't include herself with them!

I think she expected to be shown some sympathy or help because of her deafness (she even admitted as much), but that desired sympathy was not forthcoming in this game. And I don't blame the others for that. Who knows, maybe Matt called her out on it at some time. Maybe he told her she needs to participate and play the game regardless of her hearing, and she got her feelings hurt about it.

Regardless, it's over, Christy's vote is inexplicable, but it's been cast.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

05-14-03, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
>>And I don't blame the others for that. Who knows, maybe Matt called her out on it at some time. Maybe he told her she needs to participate and play the game regardless of her hearing, and she got her feelings hurt about it.<<

I think Jeff called her out on it. Dang my memory, I can't remember which thread it was, but apparently at one of the early TCs Jeff asked her why she thought the others should *help* her when they're competing against her.

Also, in watching their final votes, I noticed that every one of the jury looked up & listened to someone standing behind the table. Even at the time, I assumed someone was there reminding them to write down the winner.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-03, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Also, in watching their final votes, I noticed that every one of the jury looked up & listened to someone standing behind the table. Even at the time, I assumed someone was there reminding them to write down the winner.

Or instructing them to vote for Jenna LOL!

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Skiver Click to send private message to Skiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Hi, Dawg,

I understand you're a conspiracy theorist. I think we have a conspiracy of silence from CBS on this jury vote. You said "Christy's vote is inexplicable" - but she had her reasons and she said them to camera. They're just not telling us what she - and three others of the jury - said.

I know I've mentioned this elsewhere on the boards, but my belief is because the voters talked about Jenna's greater "need" for the money, and CBS/MB chose not to let people know that gameplay had little to do with the result.

BTW, Jenna hasn't - as far as I'm aware - said anything about spending any of the winnings on medical bills. Does her mother actually need the money?

Skiver

Amily 88 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-14-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Amily Click to send private message to Amily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Skiver ..."
Skiver - I saw Jenna on Regis and Kelly this morning and she was asked what she is going to do with the million. She said if she ever won she would buy a new car, but since she got one for winning anyway she was out of ideas. Nice ... I hope her mom made a full recovery since it doesn't look like Jenna has any intention of helping her out. Selfish to the end.

05-14-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
>>I know I've mentioned this elsewhere on the boards, but my belief is because the voters talked about Jenna's greater "need" for the money, and CBS/MB chose not to let people know that gameplay had little to do with the result.<<

This has been driving me nuts!! I HOPE this isn't why these people voted this way! The game is "Survivor", NOT "Queen for a Day." What qualifies the jury members to judge need anyway? And if need is the deciding factor, they should have looked at all 16 players' need from Boot 1.

I would love to hear what those final vote comments were. Do we know if they're going to be posted anywhere?

However, if the final vote comments were related to that HORRIBLE issue, I don't blame EPMB for not releasing the vote clips. God forbid future seasons start deciding on need.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Vote Explanations"
Markopolo has posted this, I don't know how to do the link, but it will say something about the Yahoo Platinum for Ep. 13.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Vote Explanations"
No, the final vote speeches weren't included in Platinum, which is damned suspicious.

05-14-03, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
I understand you're a conspiracy theorist.

Say it ain't so!

I think we have a conspiracy of silence from CBS on this jury vote. You said "Christy's vote is inexplicable" - but she had her reasons and she said them to camera. They're just not telling us what she - and three others of the jury - said.

You might well be correct. Jenna certainly mentioned the money need thing at the Final TC. And, I agree that it is unusual not to publicize those remarks. Christy might have said something very negative about Matt that CBS chose not to publicize. Certainly Matt did not utilize the social skills necessary to win the game.

As to the medical bills, they're probably paid for by insurance, etc. and/or the fact that everything that can be done has been done for her mother. So her mother needing the money for medical bills may not be an issue. I certainly wouldn't extrapolate her not mentioning it to mean that she wouldn't help her mom if that help was needed(!)

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skiver Click to send private message to Skiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Hi,

I'm sure you're right about Jenna helping out her mother if it ever became necessary. (She's not Heidi, after all). But it would be ironic if her mother's illness got her the million, and her mother didn't need it.

I don't think that Christy could have said anything too bad about Matt in her voting confessional, unless there was a rumour going around the jury's camp that he'd said something derrogatory about her. Now, I wonder who would have started that rumour... Yellow hair, big teeth...

Another conspiracy!

Skiver.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-03 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

I don't buy the idea that Christy thought she was voting against Jenna either.

The more I think about it, Christy's vote for Jenna might make some sense. I think Dawg is right that Christy really didn't get to be friends with anyone throughout the game, so, while she appeared to despise Jenna from the editing, I didn't get the impression that she particularly liked Matt, or anyone else for that matter.

Christy felt that she herself was a competitor (though she made some poor strategic choices) and, I think, prided herself on that. She also spoke about wanting to be the last woman in the game -- apparently she would have considered that an accomplishment.

I think she viewed Jenna as a competitor on her own level -- female, nearly the same age -- and, as is sometimes the case when personalities clash, she may have actually envied Jenna just a wee bit and wished she were like her.

Plus, as she said, she was with Jenna from the beginning of the game -- I think what Christy meant by this was that on some level she saw the game as a contest between herself and Jenna from the outset. She did overtly "compete" with Jenna to get the letter from home, and won that round.

Matt may have seemed "out of her league" to Christy, in a way -- male, much stronger, older -- I don't think she related to much about him, either positively or negatively.

Jenna, although she was one of the "evil stepsisters", did outlast Christy to become the last woman standing, plus she made it to the Final 2, and did it by winning two key immunity challenges at the end. I think Christy would have respected Jenna's hustle at the endgame, because it seemed like the boys were going to take her out (remember, Christy was worried that the boys would vote her out at F4 just because she was a woman, which is the main reason she considered aligning with Heidi and Jenna).

And I think Christy was satisfied with Jenna's answer to her question at the final TC -- Jenna did apologize for giving the wrong impression.

Taking all that into consideration, Christy voting for Jenna makes sense to me. They had a competitive rivalry from the very beginning. Christy viewed Jenna's making it all the way to F2 as an accomplishment, something she would like to have done herself, whereas she may have felt that someone like Matt was pre-destined to get to the final 2 without much of a struggle.

In that event, Christy's vote was not based on emotion or friendship, as some of the others may have been, but on who played the game better in her eyes.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-14-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Brownroach summed it up the way I saw Christy. I think a big factor was that Jenna seemed somewhat genuine in her answers and her apology.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
I believe that I saw Christy nodding when Jenna answered Dave's question by saying that Jenna tried to emulate her parents and her mother's courage.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
We should also not discount what we know about Christy -- it seems to be very important to her to feel like she belongs. I wouldn't be surprised if she figured out how the votes were going to go and voted with the majority, simply because they were the majority and she wanted to do what everyone else was doing.

These people were and are going to be thrown together quite often -- if you already pretty much felt like an outsider, would you make your vote stand out against the majority, as well? Or would you vote along with them, knowing that your vote was not going to be the crucial deciding factor, just to appear to get along and agree with the others?

Just a thought that wandered across my brain.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. -- Terry Pratchett

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-14-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Samiam,
I agree. The 6- 1 vote smells of Big Bro jury group think where one or more of the members of the jury manages to force the desired outcome. I believe Deena, Heidi and others really wanted a Jenna win and lobbied Christy to go along. And she did.

Peanut Butter Jeff
A Disciple of Nash

05-14-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Rob says in his chat that at no time were the jury members allowed to discuss the vote. Granted, Rob was only on the jury for one day, but as someone who knew all the rules of the game, he was probably well aware of what the other jury members were and were not permitted to discuss before he got there.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
True. I was not suggesting she was lobbied; merely that she got a sense of where everyone stood and didn't want to be left out again. Maybe she just took an educated guess.

jon5798 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jon5798 Click to send private message to jon5798 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
well i think its true, she doesnt like jenna, and shed messed up.
heres a quotoe from her chat.

SURVIVORSigner: Christy, is there any player you'd be happy to never see again?
Christy: Jenna.

-
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor6/survivors/chat/christy/chat01.shtml
-
-Jon

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-14-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Christy might have been coached for that response for SeeBS misdirection.

Also, maybe she thought more about her boot. she expected H/J to vote for her. But, R/M both stabbed her in the back.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-14-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
>Christy might have been coached for that response for SeeBS misdirection.

Agreed. Imagine if she had said anything even remotely nice about Jenna? The spoilers would have been all over it and most people would then have realized it would be a Jenna win.

Darwic 13 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Darwic Click to send private message to Darwic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Maybe the other unemployed survivors were paid off to let promotable and scene stealing(i,m so sick) Jenna win?? Not too many people can leave jobs for 30+ days , and not have any financial setbacks because of it...a great tan and weight-loss won,t pay the bills when the reality of home sets in!!!It seems Matt and Jenna were well off enough to sit in the bush for 39 days and her biggest worry was her jacket being burnt...she too said Matt doesn,t need the money....the common people lose ,again!!

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-14-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Matt Burned Christy - Simple Soultion"
Please correct me if I am wrong, but Matt, Christy, Rob and Butch had a final 4 alliance. At the family visit, I distinctly heard Christy tell her boyfriend that she would be in the final 4. Matt then stabbed her in the back at the next tribal council where Heidi was saved by immunity (from Jenna).

Now, I'm not saying that Jenna and Christy were the best of friends, but at least Jenna didn't pretend to like her and then conspire to vote her off. Matt; however, did! IMO, that's why Christy voted for Jenna, and not Matt.

XXX Survivor 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXX%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXX%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Matt Burned Christy - Simple Soultion"
which brings up another good CBS/MB editing point.

In F6 episode (where wishy-washy Christy if voted off), we get to see Rob's interaction with her. However, we never see Matt's conversation (presumably with Rob) on who to boot. Earlier in that same episode, he said in front of Heidi and Jenna and everyone that his intention was to bring himself/Christy/Rob/Butch to the Final four. His backstab of Christy is never touched upon by CBS, while Rob's is touched on. Also that same subject (the Matt switch on wishy washy Christy) is never brought up in any later TC or in the Reunion episode (where once again Rob's switch on Christy is brought up). While this could explain Christy's anti-Matt F2 vote, it still shows a lacking in the coverage by CBS. I can understand them wanting to surprise us, but they should at least use the Reunion show to shed light on aspects of the vote we saw that we cannot possibly understand given their edited coverage.

05-15-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Matt Burned Christy - Simple Soultion"
It may be that no one commented/cared about Matt's turning on Christy because they thought or knew Matt was only doing whatever Rob told him to do from TC to TC.

Then it would follow that they didn't think Matt was playing the game at all -- so they voted for Jenna.

Disturbing as it may be, its possible that this jury voted strictly on game play...not work ethic, and not need.

Possible, but we'll apparently never know if they don't release the final comments.

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-15-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-03 AT 06:01 PM (EST)

It is quite possible that Christy misunderstood Jiffy regarding the vote.

As being deaf myself, I tend to misunderstand after reading person's lip. For instance, I thought that she/he said "allow" but she/he meant "loud", because the lip movement looks the same to me. Other words like "Friggin", I thought that it was "fvcking"... I realize I read some people's lips wrong sometimes.

So, I tried to figure out the appropriate words what they were saying. If I do not understand completely, I would ask them to write a note what they are trying to say, or even better to get an American Sign Language interpreter.

I cannot say whether Christy misunderstands or not because I have not watched the finale yet as Jenna's winning disgusted me! (I found out way later when we taped the show.

Edited to say that I do not wear a hearing aid. If Christy wears a hearing aid and read lips, she would not misunderstand that way. I dont know..

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-03 AT 05:38 PM (EST)

As I recall, Christy does have partial hearing in one ear and wears a hearing aid. But the environment of the Amazon is, shall we say, anti hearing aid; so she probably couldn't wear it most of the time while she was in the game itself. On the jury is a different matter, though I suspect the downpour during one of the TCs essentially shut down her communications abilities. Her vote wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome, but it would be nice to have this question settled at some point. I'm leaning towards the answer that Christy did understand and based her decision on what Matt and Jenna told her, in response to her, at the final TC.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

05-16-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
I'm leaning towards the answer that Christy did understand and based her decision on what Matt and Jenna told her, in response to her, at the final TC.

That, and I think Christy saw Jenna as her surrogate in the endgame -- the last woman standing. Jenna did exactly what Christy would have had to do if she got to F4 with Matt/Rob/Butch -- and Jenna pulled it off. I think Christy was happy about that, even if she dislikes Jenna personally.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-16-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
I would also guess that MB and co. would have made sure Christy (and all the jury members) understood exactly how the final TC would work. I doubt that the only instructions they get is what we see. They probably go over the rules beforehand.

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-16-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Hi there, yes i agree what you have said up above and it would not make any difference if Christy would have voted Matt, Jenna would still win anyway.

quanta 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-03, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail quanta Click to send private message to quanta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
One thing that I haven't seen anyone mention is that maybe Christy feels differently now that she's seen Jenna's private confessionals. We know that Jenna wasn't all that nice to her (mostly not speaking to her), but it may be that having seen Jenna's real personality, she regrets her vote. Obviously, it was too late to change it, so all she could do in post-show interviews was say that she still doesn't like Jenna but felt she played a better game.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-03, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
yeah maybe she says that *now* but they don't see confessionals and stuff =before= they vote.

the whole thing about her voting jenna is that she did NOT see how jenna played other than what she physically saw with her own two eyes while she was still IN the game. after that, all christy got to see of jenna was how she acted and what she said at TCs. that's *ALL*.

05-21-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
Regardless of what Christy saw or didn't see, at her boot she was angry to the point of tears and referring to H/J in very unflattering terms.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
right! that's why it makes no sense at all that she voted for her!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-21-03, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
I think Christy voted for Jenna because of the Amazon thing and she is a sexist just like Deena. It seamed like all the women just wanted another women to win so they all stuck together and voted that way. They did say that it was not a game of the women verses men any more, well at least Deena said that. I still think it was though. The men were just overcome with the beauty of the women and were thinking with the wrong head, and voted for Jenna. Look how many of them thought Jenna was hot and (sic) Heidi and also Shawnan. Jenna was the only one left so they had to vote for her for a women to win. Why would they vote for Jenna just becouse she may have played the game the last couple of days. Matt played the game longer then that. It does make you think. JMHO
Have they not shown the voting confesionals of the other Survivor shows so we know how and why they all voted as they did or is this the only one where they did not show all of them. It does seem strange, what are they hiding, if there is any thing to hide.

WHOAMI
The way you play a game is the way you are in real life when push comes to shove.

05-23-03, 08:51 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Christy's Vote - the reason why"
The only even halfway plausible explanation for Christy's vote is that she and Deena became friends in the Lodge, and Deena convinced Christy to vote for Jenna. Deena has said that Christy is one of the people she (Deena) liked best, which might partially bear out this theory.

But it still does not speak well of Christy if she is so easily swayed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •