The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Clues during season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorfan1970 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorfan1970 Click to send private message to survivorfan1970 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Clues during season"
Please lock if already being discussed or move if should be in a different forum...thanks!

On to my discussion....

What clues do you think they gave us during the season that clued us in to the winner? (besides the obvious give-away last night - damn you MB!!)

I love this forum and would love to hear your thoughts on things.

Robin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Clues during season Connie E 05-12-03 1
   RE: Clues during season Draco Malfoy 05-12-03 3
       RE: Clues during season KeithFan 05-12-03 18
       "Beat the guys and shut them up" frisky 05-12-03 20
       RE: Clues during season Thaibeach 05-13-03 22
   RE: Clues during season esquire 05-12-03 5
   RE: Clues during season bwolpert 05-12-03 10
 RE: Clues during season dajaki 05-12-03 2
   Same Here IslandFever 05-12-03 8
 RE: Clues during season ulalame 05-12-03 4
 RE: Clues during season SurvivinDawg 05-12-03 6
   RE: Clues during season Jims02 05-12-03 11
       RE: Clues during season AZ_Leo 05-12-03 15
           RE: Clues during season Brownroach 05-13-03 26
 Immunity Wins DoodleBug 05-12-03 7
 RE: Clues during season steppingrazor42 05-12-03 9
   RE: Clues during season munson 05-12-03 13
 RE: Clues during season bris 05-12-03 12
   RE: Clues during season Jims02 05-12-03 17
       S7 winner is... tribephyl 05-13-03 21
 RE: Clues during season proofofnolife 05-12-03 14
   RE: Clues during season Loree 05-13-03 25
 RE: Clues during season Round Robin 05-12-03 16
 My Two Cents tig_ger 05-12-03 19
 In retrospect kiki_k 05-13-03 23
 RE: Clues during season Draco Malfoy 05-13-03 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Clues during season"
Christy's final words, without a doubt. We should have known then and there that one of the "evil step sisters" would win this thing, although I still cannot fathom WHY she voted for Jenna.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Clues during season"
That is kind of the nail in the coffin, but I still think the "key confessional" came in the first episode, when Jenna said "I just want to beat the guys to shut them up."

And I have a feeling we'll never know why Christy suddenly switched and voted Jenna over Matt.

You'll be next, MudBlood.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Clues during season"
I think she probably got a chance to cool off, find out Alex isn't such a bad guy afterall and took a heavy dose of lobbying from Heidi and him.

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
- Saint Augustine (354-430)

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. ""Beat the guys and shut them up""
I'm with you, Draco. This quote was in Ep. 1 AND in the recrap. As soon as it was recrapped in the first few minutes of the recrap, I went "uh-oh," then put the horrifying possibility out of my mind.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-13-03, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Clues during season"
Draco, you nailed it.

Although right now I'm still swearing I won't watch S7 in protest at the disgusting outcome of S6, we should pay close attention to the Ep1 confessionals next season.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-03, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Clues during season"
I still remember this quote and expected Christy's vote to be the deciding vote. They played Christy up as Cinderella. It would have the perfect ending to the show. I don't know how much of a clue this was to tell us that it was Jenna

bwolpert 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bwolpert Click to send private message to bwolpert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Clues during season"
>Christy's final words, without a doubt.
> We should have known
>then and there that one
>of the "evil step sisters"
>would win this thing, although
>I still cannot fathom WHY
>she voted for Jenna.

I think Christy voted for Jenna because she was offended that Matt joked that she spoke with a "funky accent". Harmless as it was, it seemed offensive, especially in front of everyone in the jury (and all of us watching on TV). She didn't bring that up as a reason when Jeff asked her point-blank during the reunion show because I think she was still a little embarrased by it.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Clues during season"
I'm going to have to analyze some of the episodes when I get the heart to do it. My husband said all along that Jenna was going to win because of how she was edited. I didn't see it, but he's a pretty perceptive guy and may be on to something.

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Same Here"
My husband wasn't even watching the show but I gave him a synopsis of the final 4 and he said the swimsuit model is going to win. After watching the next to last episode I felt Jenna would win but of course I thought it was misdirection. I still wonder if C1 was a plant and CBS was playing cat and mouse with us and figured they could give us the final 2 and we still wouldn't get it right. Survivor is as much about luck and winning key immunities as it is about strategy and skill. But even so my spoiling skills are lousy. I need these forums to think for me because I never get it right.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-12-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Clues during season"
Another big clue we should have honed in on was the numerous times Rob and Matt said that they wanted to be sitting next to Jenna in the final two because they could beat her, and that Jenna was being kept around as the final two "foil" because she was beatable.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Clues during season"
TO be honest, I don't think there WAS a single clue that could have led to Jenna's win. Sure some people will see some things with 20/20 hindsight, but to see it in real-time is the key. And I don't think there was such a clue. The Gambling Scandal was the first hard spoiler info that truly led to a Jenna/Matt final two.

I'd like to hear from dakaji's hubby, to understand what he perceived about Jenna's editing.

However, let me say this, especially pertaining to spoiling: Without chillone and milkshakey, I think everyone does a better spoiling job. Those BOGUS spoilers really messed a lot of people up and caused them to overlook things that might otherwise have been seen.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Clues during season"
I agree. Let the spoilers go back to spoiling the show.

It seems like with such SURE-FIRE spoilers that Milkshaky and C1, that spoilers wouldn't want to think outside of the box anymore, fearing that they'll get 30+ messages explaining why they're wrong.

My first post this season was entitled "Is Alex Really Next?" before the Roger boot. Most everyone dismissed that Alex really is next. If we didn't know about ChillOne, we might have nailed the Roger boot easily.

I know it's impossible to block ourselves of these "bona fide" spoilers, but I think we need to get back to the basics more.

Just my $0.02.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim
10. "Janet misplaces her granola bar. Granolagate!" -Swami
11. CARLA: "C'mon...do something! They just do jackbleep" -dabo
12. "Christy-Ella!!! Come over here and trust us." -GuessItRains

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Clues during season"
At the very least, once a "spoiler" has proven to be inaccurate don't keep making excuses for it and keep trying to make it fit the facts. I never did understand why people were still trying to promote ChillOne even after the Christy boot.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Clues during season"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-03 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

The premature Christy boot just proved to me that the ChillOne's source's memory was equally as selective/inaccurate about the end-game boots as it was about the early game boots. However, the BoDogg spoiler did seem to confirm the source's F2, which the majority of people were speculating to be Matt and Jenna before BoDogg surfaced.

The spoiler was rendered useless, though, in trying to determine in what order Heidi, Butch, and Rob would be booted. Imo, the source simply remembered that an "older guy" was one of the very late boots; just as he remembered that the "deaf girl" lasted till almost the end of the game.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Immunity Wins"
Jenna told Deena after the merge that she probably would never win individual immunity. Not only did she win 4, she won the most important final 2 immunities.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-03, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Clues during season"
I don't think that there were many clues this time around, well not as in previous Survivors. I kept saying there is no way Jenna can win because of how b!tchy they made her look in the editing, but I think now that she was just really a b!tch and the editing crew didn't have much to work with. She by far has been the least deserving winner....Brian, Vee, Ethan, Tina, and of course Richard, all played the game better than Jenna did. I guess the most deserving person doesn't always win.
I thought the editing was horrible this season.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Clues during season"
She by far has been the least deserving winner....Brian, Vee, Ethan, Tina,and of course Richard, all played the game better than Jenna did.

Can we please stop with this nonsense? Vee and Ethan played better games than Jenna? Hardly. If you define play as ride someone's coattails and do NOTHING but hide UTR on your way to victory, then they played well.

Ethan couln't even beat Kim in the last 2 ICs! Jenna survived against the shrewdest cast (along with Marquesas) of Survivors yet.

Please. Let it go. Don't hate her 'cause she's beautiful. It's really not her fault.

I guess the most deserving person doesn't always win.

Here we agree. Ethan beat out Lex. Vee beat out Kathy.

But think of it this way...if you can't get to the F2 and get at least 4 votes, THEN you don't deserve to win. Four votes in the F2 is the only criteria of successful game play that matters.

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Clues during season"
The only clue was when Jeff said to the tribes that the Amazon was named after an all female tribe i knew a girl would win i was hoping that it would be Heidi over Jenna but when Heidi was booted i knew Jenna was winning.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Clues during season"
Well, duh... A woman HAD to win.

Richard (man)
Tina (woman)
Ethan (man)
Vee (woman)
Brian (man)
Jenna (spoiled brat)

It is kind of weird how it worked out like that...

In Honor of Summary Writers...
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim
10. "Janet misplaces her granola bar. Granolagate!" -Swami
11. CARLA: "C'mon...do something! They just do jackbleep" -dabo
12. "Christy-Ella!!! Come over here and trust us." -GuessItRains

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "S7 winner is..."
A MAN!

It's the only thing that has remained a constant in the progression of the shows.

M then F then M then F and so on and so on...

tribephyl

proofofnolife 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail proofofnolife Click to send private message to proofofnolife Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Clues during season"
In the end, I suppose Jenna really did deserve to win (although I was pulling mightily for Matt or Rob)- she did outlast some pretty sharp players - and I do mean players. However, I really think it was simply time for the pretty girl to win one and therein lies the biggest clue (Jenna is a beauty). After so many maybes and almosts, it was bound to happen. I must say, although I enjoyed this Survivor 6 immensly and found it quite entertaining, the episodes last night leading up to the final 2 were unbelievably contrived (at least in my humble opinion, but then again I have no life whatsoever).
As far as the reunion show, it seemed more like the Alex, Heidi, Christie hour (with one big K.O. for Jeanne). Oh, just one more thing till I bid adeiu till Survivor 7- I thought Matt cleaned up very very well- and thought he looked, dare this old lady say it - HOT!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Clues during season"
I agree this was a great season. But I found the final night rather boring and unsatisfying. Reminded me of S4. I loved that season up until UTR Vee won. And the reunion show this season was so uninteresting that I didn't even bother watching The Early Show afterwards. I always watched them before. But I just didn't care anymore. And I really disliked Alex at the reunion. So full of himself. Glad he didn't win.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-03, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Clues during season"
I don't think there was any one big "in your face" clue, but now that I think about it, Jenna always seemed to get a lot of TV time every episode, but it was never so much that very many spoilers started talking her up as a bootee. As for Jenna being portrayed as a b1tch, plain and simple, she WAS a b1tch and she would admit she was a b1tch. She's been a lot less defensive about this than I expected her to be, and I give her points for that.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-12-03, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "My Two Cents"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 10:27 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

I think I missed A LOT of clues in Christy's chat. As I read the chat the first time, I was confident that it spoke to Jenna in the Final Two. But, I think it also sort of explains Christy's vote for Jenna vs. Matt. I'm attaching the transcript of a few key questions.

frogman: Christy, I was so upset last night to see you get voted out of the Amazon. I was rooting for you throughout the entire game. At the end of the show, you called Jenna and Heidi your "evil stepsisters." Do you have any ill will toward Matt or Rob, because they voted for you as well?
Christy: I have ill will against Rob and Matt, but not as much as Jenna and Heidi, because I'd been with them since day one.

So, to Christy, apparently it is OK to screw over someone when you have been with them from day one, but when you join an alliance later on in the game, one should stick to one's word. Whatever. But, it speaks to the fact that Christy felt more ill will towards Matt than Jenna. I think that this statement was apparently more important than I originally thought.

SURVIVORSigner: Christy, is there any player you'd be happy to never see again?
Christy: Jenna.

Not Heidi and Jenna. Just Jenna. When I read this the first time I knew Jenna was F2, because if Jenna had gone after Heidi, Christy wouldn't have felt so much resentment towards her. Heidi got the opportunity at Loser's Lodge to soothe over some hurt feelings and plug her girl, Jenna. I should have realized that Christy would end up voting Jenna over Matt. How was I to know, until Heidi's demise, that Heidi was the Mastermind of the entire game though?

Alabamaslamma: What one word would you use to describe each of the remaining tribemates?
Christy: Butch: supportive; Matt: smelly; Jenna: spoiled; Heidi: goddess; Rob: snake.

Heidi, goddess? WTF? Per Christy, Jenna is just spoiled and Matt is just smelly, but I should have clued into the fact that Heidi and Jenna are "one body" and apparently it is that of a goddess in Christy's mind.

zoogirl: Christy, Matt seemed creepy, and you said so, but he was also funny several times. Was there more to him than we saw?
Christy: Yeah, there's a lot more about Matt than you guys know. He is a sincere guy. He was also creepy.

There's a lot more about Matt than you guys know? And she ends with the statement that he was also creepy? You mean, creepier than we know? Do elaborate, Christy! I added this quote because I think it speaks to Christy's lack of closeness with Matt.

So, yeah, I think there were some missed clues in this chat transcript.

*edited three times for grammar--I'm sure there are more problems

A Kyngsladye Original

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "In retrospect"
There was a clue in the opening sequence -- at the end, the bird eats a fish -- and in the middle of the opening Jenna (Jabaru = bird) is shown fishing (Tambiqui (or however you spell it = fish)

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

Beauty Product Queen of the Boards and a fancy girl to boot!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Clues during season"
I was re-watching some of S6 last night, and after the merge, the "Follow the Star" spoiler points to Jenna. How no one looked for it this time is beyond me.

You'll be next, MudBlood.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •