The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Matt's Facial Hair"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

chillinmcmillan 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-03, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chillinmcmillan Click to send private message to chillinmcmillan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Matt's Facial Hair"
Just a question for anyone to answer please. How is Matt staying clean shaven, except for his goatee? He has not had a beard at all the whole time that I can remember, while Rob and Butch and every other guy has/had a full beard?????????????

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 That's a simple answer!! bergdogg 05-09-03 1
 RE: Matt's Facial Hair Q 05-09-03 2
 RE: Matt's Facial Hair dabo 05-09-03 3
   If you are serious..... Wacko Jacko 05-09-03 5
 RE: Matt's Facial Hair Connie E 05-09-03 4
 RE: Matt's Facial Hair mavsfan 05-09-03 6
   RE: Matt's Facial Hair Survivorerist 05-09-03 7
       RE: Matt's Facial Hair dabo 05-10-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-09-03, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "That's a simple answer!!"
This question is so easy a child could answer it.

Have you ever seen the movie Joe Dirt?? Well, Matt's facial hair grows in all white trashy like Joe Dirt's, except MB already had a redneck on the show (Roger), so he doesn't need another piece of white trash. In other words, he has Matt shave his chops.

Now that this is done, it is time to move this to bashers where it belongs.

Minnesota sports: Proving the underdogs can truly succeed!!!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-09-03, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Matt's Facial Hair"
Simple.

Remember when Matt was compulsively sharpening his machette. Everyone was harping on it. Rob even stated to the camera, why would Matt need his machette razor sharp? Why Rob, well the answer is he needs it razor sharp to use as a RAZOR! Ala Crocodile Dundee!

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Matt's Facial Hair"
Water is a natural reflective surface, he is either plucking them or has MacGyvered a razor of some sort. Or his facial hair just naturally grows that way, lucky him.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-09-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "If you are serious....."
Then you must either be a women or a very hairy guy.

The answer is. Not all men can grow a full beard. Matt probably can only grow a goatee type beard because hair does not grow in the other spots.

Very similar to a bald man. Geez how can he be out in the jungle for a month and not grow any hair on his head. Similar circumstance.

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-09-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Connie%20E Click to send private message to Connie%20E Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Matt's Facial Hair"
I think this goes a bit beyond facial hair....Matt is finding some way to groom himself, be it machette or tweezers, but why?

I feel it's because Matt, more than any other player I've seen, NEVER forgets he's on camera. He's very carefully playing a role, here. Thus the slow, deliberate speech, the limited small talk, the formality (heck, even his mother told him to stop being so formal!)

Don't know if this is in his game plan or not...I know a lot of people say he's never even had one...but he IS smart enough to always remember he's being watched, and he won't have the memory of stripping in front of America (not that that bothered J/H much) or telling the free world he had sex in DC on the fourth of July. (Think this one did bother Christy).

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-09-03, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Matt's Facial Hair"
I know he has to be an American Citizen to be on SURVIVOR, but I also know he was born in Hong Kong.

He may well be part Chinese and grow little facial hair to begin with.

If he's tried to grow a beard in the past and felt it came in looking ratty, he may very well take steps knowing he's going to appear on Television to groom himself.

When all the machete talk was going on, I too thought he was using it as a razor to shave.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-09-03, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Matt's Facial Hair"
>>>He may well be part Chinese and grow little facial hair to begin with.<<<

IMO, his mother didn't look too Chinese and, if Von Ertfelda is his father's birth name, I don't think he's too Chinese either. But I could be wrong, he does have a bit of Asian in his facial features

(Another IceCat original )

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-03, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Matt's Facial Hair"
There was an Asian family in the neighborhood where I grew up, but they had a European surname because his grandfather had been European. They looked Asian, though.

Anyway, I've tried to examine this question from a spoiling perspective, because it occurred to me that mutual grooming can be common in primitive conditions. If that happened in the Amazon, Butch doesn't seem to have benefitted from it any, nor Rob. Jenna had Heidi to pal around with up until now, and they probably did help each other maintain appearances. Matt seems to be either doing it on his own or his facial hair just naturally grows that way.

SMILES ARE FREE

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •