The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Probst quote in TV Guide"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

discus 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail discus Click to send private message to discus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Probst quote in TV Guide"
For the sunday show my tv guide has a quote from Probst (slightly paraphrased) "I would never have guessed this Final 2 at any point". I wanted to get the quote right before I posted so I checked over at Survivorfever.net because they usually list what the TV Guide says. Interestingly, this particular quote was left out. Now I have no idea what that means but I do think this is interesting. Note: he says "at no point" would he have guessed this final 2. Now I know this could mean nothing. One could make the argument that any final 2 would be a surprise. However, I think a final 2 of H and J could have been guessed at some point. Certainly Rob and Matt or even Rob and Jenna. The only person I can think would be a surprise and could not have been predicted at any point would be Butch and Jenna, or Butch and Heidi and even Butch and Robb.

PS. I did read through all the threads and could find nothing on this, which is why I started the thread.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 page 97 dabo 05-08-03 1
   RE: page 97 Spidey 05-08-03 2
       RE: page 97 Devious Weasel 05-08-03 3
           RE: page 97 Spidey 05-10-03 9
   RE: page 97 mavsfan 05-10-03 11
 RE: Probst quote in TV Guide SurvivorBlows 05-08-03 4
   RE: Probst quote in TV Guide SurvivorBlows 05-08-03 5
       RE: Probst quote in TV Guide Brownroach 05-08-03 7
 Oh, c'mon.... SurvivinDawg 05-08-03 6
   Dawg's Right Boilermaker 05-08-03 8
       RE: Dawg's Right VerucaSalt 05-10-03 10
 More Comments from JP sweetpea 05-11-03 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "page 97"
The Jury Is In

The ultimate survivor in the Amazon is crowned as the reality series wraps up its sixth season.

In the two-hour episode, the four remaining players are whittled down to two and the seven-person jury decides the winner. "I would never have predicted this final two at any point," reports host Jeff Probst, who adds that the answers given by the duo at the last tribal council have a big impact on whether they get a vote. The big change this time, explains Probst, is that the concluding vote takes place immediately following the last immunity challenge. "There is no time to think about it,: he says.

TV Guide for May 10-16

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: page 97"
Completely unpredictable F2 =

Butch and anyone
Matt and anyone

That's about it, IMO. (Any combination of J/H/R is foreseeable.)

Of course, Jeff has been known to throw out some whoppers. Just this season there were several. (5-3 split goes 4-4, Shawna and Alex should watch out for Heidi, and I know there is at least one more.)

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: page 97"
To be fair, he never said that 5-3 goes to 4-4 was an actual situation. He just used it as an example to illustrate his point. We just ran with it and tried to make it fit as an actual situation in the Amazon.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: page 97"
To be fair, he never said that 5-3 goes to 4-4 was an actual situation. He just used it as an example to illustrate his point. We just ran with it

Trust me, I know. Pretty much the only thing I was right about this season was that this meant little to nothing and there was no logical way for this to happen. Seriously, the ONLY thing I have been right on. (Oh wait, I never trusted CO either, but that is just the pure cynic in me)

My overall point was just that Jiffy intentionally says things to mislead, so everything he says must be taken with multiple shakers of salt.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-03, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: page 97"
<<The ultimate survivor in the Amazon is crowned as the reality <<series wraps up its sixth season.

To me, the term "CROWNED" smacks of beauty contestant winner.

Pointing to a Jenna win?

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Probst quote in TV Guide"
Probst just addressed this quote in a conference call I'm in right now, I'll add details later

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Probst quote in TV Guide"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-03 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

Typical Probst hedging his bet, but this was the first question asked of him on the conf. call... first he said that with the exception of Rob, he wouldn't have expected any of the other four to make the Final Two.

Then he followed it up by saying when he first met Rob he thought Rob'd be first or second out because he was kinda the outcast of the guys -- not as physically strong as the rest, probably used to being picked last for everything in sports, etc. He also said his first impression of MAtt was that he had "zero" social skills, that the "cute girls never last," and that you always thing someone like Butch will never make it, but one of them always does.

Helen Glover is also ripping Jenna and Heidi... and giving Jeff a hard time over their influence as role models... LOL

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Probst quote in TV Guide"
It sounds like what he really means is that he never would have expected this to be the Final 5, except possibly for Rob. So any combination thereof reaching F2 would have been unforeseeable.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Oh, c'mon...."
If it weren't for the spoilers and the Gambling Scandal, would anyone have guessed (from the beginning) Matt and Jenna as the Final Two?

Typical Probst rhetoric, most likely.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-08-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Dawg's Right"
I think if anything this adds to my belief that Matt and Jenna are the Final 2. Who other than spoilers would know this. This comment is meant for the non-spoiler audience anyways.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-10-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dawg's Right"
I think we discussed this before, but Dawg is right.

Look at them???

Matt was best buddies with the first two male boots and was in danger before and after the switch, turned machete man and then became the hero

Jenna? The beauty queen - I thought she would get voted out very early cause she would be a biatch

Check back early on, see who you thought would get to the end, I have doubts many people picked these two.

I thought Shawna or Christy and Dave or Alex

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "More Comments from JP"
I LUV PENNY over at sucks just posted:

I didn't want to start a thread, but a friend of my dad's know JP and asked himabout the Finale tonite.

He told me that JP said, 9 out of 10 of the viewers will be shocked about the Final 2 and what happens, even the spoiling people will get it wrong.

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16045.topic

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •