The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Song choices for this week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

Lex Icon 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-23-06, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lex%20Icon Click to send private message to Lex%20Icon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Yaawwwnnn"
I look at the buckling towers of CDs that dominate a corner of my living room and ask myself "Of these artists, whom did I select on merit of stage performance, character or persona?"

That quickly ruled out the classical section, leaving me with an eclectic assortment of artists from the 60's onwards. Hand on heart I can honestly say it's for the music - whether it be as mainstream as The Beatles, as rebellious as The Stones, or as psychedelic as The Floyd - there really aren't that many novel gifts that a stage performer can offer under the tag of 'modern music'.

People now seem to be influenced by performances gauged on an 'MTV-type' scenario, yet how many of us truly appreciate a group based on its 'in camera' credentials? Am I an old fuddy-duddy or what? Listen to these performances on Rockstar without the visuals - the same basis that one would hear a song and think "Sweet baby Jesus, who IS this singing?" - akin to playing back a CD in the comfort of your living room. Gone is all the mascara and cheap props; no longer is there a band of critics sitting to one side to whom one must pander. It's a whole new ball game and I truly believe the only ones qualified to judge a candidate's credibilty are the sound engineers who know how to doctor or rearrange a vocal.

Lukas and Dilana appear to stand out by miles, yet they both are so constricted in their vocal range it's not funny. An album of either of these artists would render the listener bored s**tless after track 4 due to the monotony and duplicity of their voices.

Regrettably the show has become somewhat vulgar. The ideas are wearing thin and the dialogue's becoming strained.

"Hey...pity you didn't smash the guitar!"

yawn....how contrived does it have to get?

Funnily enough I couldn't stand Zayra, yet as the show lunged on towards its inevitable conclusion she became the one artist that brought an air of the unexpected to the screen. Seeing as how the 'chosen few' are not being judged on their vocal ability (a simple exercise at the end of the day) I would have thought her presence would have been maintained to this day - certainly beyond that of Patrice who, unless your surname's Keller, should have plunged the depths many moons ago.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Song choices for this week   Loree     08-20-06       
   RE: Song choices for this week   Glow     08-21-06     1  
   RE: Song choices for this week   cycles2k     08-21-06     2  
     RE: Song choices for this week   LisaPles     08-22-06     17  
   RE: Song choices for this week   geg6     08-21-06     3  
   RE: Song choices for this week   Loree     08-21-06     4  
     RE: Song choices for this week   Glow     08-21-06     5  
   RE: Song choices for this week   cheesybread     08-21-06     6  
   RE: Song choices for this week   weltek     08-21-06     7  
   RE: Song choices for this week   mocha madness     08-21-06     8  
     RE: Song choices for this week   weltek     08-21-06     10  
   RE: Song choices for this week   geekboy     08-21-06     9  
     RE: Song choices for this week   weltek     08-21-06     11  
         RE: Song choices for this week   geekboy     08-21-06     12  
             RE: Song choices for this week   cycles2k     08-21-06     13  
                 RE: Song choices for this week   geekboy     08-21-06     14  
                     RE: Song choices for this week   cycles2k     08-22-06     16  
   RE: Song choices for this week   Savahnna     08-21-06     15  
     RE: Song choices for this week   weltek     08-22-06     20  
         RE: Song choices for this week   geg6     08-22-06     21  
   Sneak Peek   Glow     08-22-06     18  
     RE: Sneak Peek   geg6     08-22-06     19  
         RE: Sneak Peek   Wacko Jacko     08-22-06     22  
             RE: Sneak Peek   geg6     08-22-06     23  
                 RE: Sneak Peek   geekboy     08-22-06     24  
                     RE: Sneak Peek   Glow     08-22-06     26  
                 Yay!   Glow     08-22-06     25  
                 RE: Sneak Peek   Wacko Jacko     08-22-06     27  
                     RE: Sneak Peek   Glow     08-22-06     28  
                         RE: Sneak Peek   Ahtumbreez     08-23-06     30  
                             RE: Sneak Peek   Glow     08-23-06     31  
                                 RE: Sneak Peek   Ahtumbreez     08-23-06     32  
                                     RE: Sneak Peek   Glow     08-23-06     33  
   Yaawwwnnn   toddE     08-22-06     29  
     RE: Yaawwwnnn   Lex Icon     08-23-06     34  
         RE: Yaawwwnnn   cycles2k     08-24-06     35  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •