The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
Airdate: Sunday May 11
The ultimate survivor in the Amazon is crowned as the reality series wraps up its sixth edition. In the two-hour episode, the four remaining players are whittled down to two and the seven-person jury decides the winner. “It's a toss-up when we get to the final two,” reports host Jeff Probst. “It's not a sure thing. How people answered the questions at the final tribal council had an impact on whether they got a vote.” The big change this time, explains Probst, is that the concluding vote takes place immediately following the last immunity challenge. “There's no time to think about it,” he says. A reunion of all 16 castaways in New York City, which Probst also hosts, follows the finale.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... AZ_Leo 04-28-03 1
   RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... JohnMc 04-28-03 2
       RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... AZ_Leo 04-28-03 3
           RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... Devious Weasel 04-28-03 5
           RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... JohnMc 04-28-03 9
               RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... AZ_Leo 04-28-03 10
                   RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... Brownroach 04-28-03 13
                       RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... AZ_Leo 04-28-03 14
                           RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... Devious Weasel 04-28-03 15
                           RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... JohnMc 04-29-03 24
                       RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... WildEel 04-29-03 19
 RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... DoodleBug 04-28-03 4
 5 Little Indians Jims02 04-28-03 6
   RE: 5 Little Indians bebekid 04-28-03 7
   RE: 5 Little Indians AZ_Leo 04-28-03 8
       RE: 5 Little Indians GuessItRains 04-28-03 11
           RE: 5 Little Indians AZ_Leo 04-28-03 12
           RE: 5 Little Indians Jims02 04-28-03 16
               RE: 5 Little Indians whoami 04-28-03 17
                   RE: 5 Little Indians AZ_Leo 04-29-03 22
                       RE: 5 Little Indians whoami 04-29-03 25
           RE: 5 Little Indians snoocharoo 04-29-03 20
 RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... LilNik8 04-29-03 18
 RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... frisky 04-29-03 21
   RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There W... DoodleBug 04-29-03 23
 Bump Bebo 05-02-03 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
>the concluding vote takes place immediately following the last immunity challenge. “There's no time to think about it,” he says.

So the third place finisher doesn't get a chance to shower and eat before they have to sit through the final TC and come up with a question?

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-28-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
How does this affect the timeline? This is how the last ep would transpire for me:

day 37 - F4 RC (?)
day 38 - F4 IC (?)
day 39 - F3 IC to determine F2, then the jury deliberation and voting

If there is dead time, you would think they would fill the time with a reward challenge somewhere. Not that it's mandatory, but it would be more interesting for the viewers and the contestants.

That would also mean that F3 would have to be Fallen Comrades again. This would also mean the "Journey of the Dead" would have to take place during the day of 39.

How is the jury affected by this? Well, now they have to essentially think up 3 questions or at least think of the 3 possible scenarios before going into the jury.

For the F3 contestants, it means they can't focus so much on how to win the last challenge, but they also have to think about how to approach the jury OR, if they think they will get booted, they have to wing their way through their own jury questions.

How does this affect the F3 boot? Will they immediately vote against the person who just voted them off?

I have to hand it to EPM - he is brilliant at keeping the game unpredictable.

04-28-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
>That would also mean that F3 would have to be Fallen Comrades again.

Not necessarily. They could have the outlast challenge then come to TC but just never leave after the F3 vote. The person voted off just goes to sit on the jury immediately. Does that mean that this person doesn't get any final words? Or will them send them off to do the final words then have them return. (I wouldn't want to be the one they sit next to.)

>For the F3 contestants, it means they can't focus so much on how to win the last challenge, but they also have to think about how to approach the jury OR, if they think they will get booted, they have to wing their way through their own jury questions.

That's assuming they are told what is to happen. I think it would be great for them to have a physically exhausting challenge, do the possibly emotionally exhausting F3 vote, then during what would normally be Jeff's closing comments, he could tell them, guess what guys, we are doing the final TC right now, start talking.

04-28-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
I like that scenario - it would catch both the F2 and the jury off-guard.

I wonder if this is in response to Ted talking to Ken and Helen before last year's final tribal council?

04-28-03, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
<<That's assuming they are told what is to happen. I think it would be great for them to have a physically exhausting challenge, do the possibly emotionally exhausting F3 vote, then during what would normally be Jeff's closing comments, he could tell them, guess what guys, we are doing the final TC right now, start talking.>>

So if you are on day 39, you have to know that it is day 39. It is the day that they have all been waiting for since day 1. If you have the F3 IC on day 39, you know something is coming. Otherwise, you finish the game on day 38, which may be necessary as hungry as those tribe members seem to be (as indicated by the elevated amounts of food given away at reward challenges as well as even giving food away at a team immunity challenge).

So how do you have a F3 IC and the jury in the same day? From a logistical perspective, you have to have a game that you can control the length of time. If you do an endurance challenge, there is no saying how long the challenge will last. You have to have the jury ready, you have to have all the production people ready. However, you can go straight from a Fallen Comrades challenge into the F3 IC, and then right into the jury. Everything nice and wrapped up tight as a bow. Only thing to do is take it all to the editing room so you can tape Jeff's fake exit and then arrive miraculously into New York.

04-28-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
In the past, they have gone from a final F3 endurance IC straight to the F3 TC. I'm pretty certain that was the case in S4. The big change here is that now they won't leave when they are finished. No need for any additional setup as everyone is still there.

As far as it being day 38 vs 39 they could do the IC late on day 38. If the jury goes beyond midnight, they are technically on day 39. This is MB's game, he can decide what constitues 39 days.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
What about dismantling the camp? That 's always an end-of-game ritual for the Final 2. The Final 3 would have do it before proceeding to the last IC.

04-28-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
>What about dismantling the camp?
> That 's always an
>end-of-game ritual for the Final
>2. The Final
>3 would have do it
>before proceeding to the last
>IC.

Actually, I think they stopped doing that. I don't remember them showing it last season. I seem to recall some discussion about that on these boards. I can check my tapes later today to be sure.

04-28-03, 05:21 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
And if a fire sweeps through the camp in Episode 12 like TVGuide online says, then there wouldn't be much to dismantle.

- A GeorgiaBelle original

04-29-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
Brian and Clay did dismantle the camp in the fire in S5. Brian described the experience as a purging or a cleansing experience.

WildEel 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-29-03, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WildEel Click to send private message to WildEel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
Well, aside from the final 2 dismantaling camp, all the sappy "remembering the game" yadda yadda happens with the final 3. That always felt like that should be the end to me, but then they just went on to show the remaining two lounging around on the last day. By going straight to final TC after immunity, I think this may be in part to help the episode flow better.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
Well, this definitely qualifies as a surprising final Tribal Council.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "5 Little Indians"
Hmmmm... Smells like some Agatha Christie to me. It could be a clue, based on whether you've read the book.

Five little Indian boys going out for law
One got in Chancery and then there were four

This was the verse referring to Judge Wargrave's "death." He ended up being the murderer in the book.

Maybe it is a link to Rob, who has backstabbed everyone so many times, is gone?

I kind of wish that we didn't know the Final 4 order, because that title could start quite a bit of inquiry about Christy and Agatha Christie... That would be interesting.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim
10. "Janet misplaces her granola bar. Granolagate!" -Swami

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-28-03, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-03 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

Edited because I figured out what Jims02 was referring to. The "5" threw me off. I thought "shouldn't this be in episode 12 discussion?"

-admits she had to take a nap before she understood

04-28-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
It probably doesn't mean anything but do you have the last four verses and who the last 4 were? It's been some time since I read it and I'm not sure where my copy is. I seem to recall the last 2 were a man and woman (not counting the murderer).

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-03, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
Well I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Agatha Christie mystery, but nevertheless...

Four little Indians going out to sea
A red herring swallowed one and then there were three.

(Dr. Armstrong is pushed off a cliff and drowns at sea.)

Three little Indians walking to the zoo
A big bear hugged one and then there were two.

(Blore is crushed by a bear-shaped clock.)

Two little Indians playing with a gun
One shot the other and then there was one.

(Vera Claythorne shoots Philip Lombard.)

One little Indian left all alone
He went and hanged himself and then there were none.

(Vera Claythorne hangs herself. Judge Wargrave, the murderer, then places the chair she used back against the wall and commits suicide with the gun.)

I don't see anything at all related to S6 in any of that. I would guess the title is just the generic "Four are left" title we usually see for the final episode.

04-28-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
I agree it's probably nothing but if I remember the American made movie, they changed the ending so that Philip and Vera are the last two to survive. I think he saves her and they all live happily ever after. Can't give the movie fans an unhappy ending, now can we. Confirming a male/female F2 perhaps?

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
I love that book... I need to re-read it. That was just a neat little thought I had for a second.

(Wouldn't it be neat if for the past few episodes that they actually corresponded with the rhymes? That would be cool... Wow, I need the Mole back, pronto)

Sometimes MB does put a double meaning to the titles, so you never know. It might just be an Agatha Christie hint that Christy goes first.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim
10. "Janet misplaces her granola bar. Granolagate!" -Swami

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-28-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
Were not all the Survivor shows 39 days except S2?? Why was it 42days?

04-29-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
22. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
It was an experiment. MB said he felt the last days on S1 were too rushed so he tried adding an extra 3. It turned out that watching 3 relatively dull people starving for 3 more days wasn't all that exciting so he went back to 39.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-29-03, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
Thank you I did not know that. This is my first season reading the spoilers. I just found out this place was here. I am not slow, you only have to tell me 4 or 5 times befor I catch on. lol

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 5 Little Indians"
"Four little Indians going out to sea
A red herring swallowed one and then there were three."

aRED HERRING swallowed one...interesting.

"Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness"

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
>Airdate: Sunday May 11

Golly gee wilikers I have to tape the 90210 reunion now! hehe

Nicole
Go Heels!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
>"How people answered the questions at the final tribal council had an impact on whether they got a vote."

This suggests that votes changed after the Q&A. We saw Clay shoot himself in the foot by lipping off during the Q&A. We saw Ethan win Kelly G.'s vote by sucking up during the Q&A.

So which of CO's final two is more/less likely to suck up during the Q&A?

Matt is supposedly clueless about the game, so he could very well not understand the value of workin' it during the Q&A.

Jenna, on the other hand, is a self-centred stuck-up child who thinks the winner of Survivor should be the person who needs the money the most, not the person who played the game the best. She has also demonstrated that she does not guard her emotions well.

Since I think Matt wins, I think that someone asks the classic:

"WHY SHOULD I VOTE FOR YOU/WHY SHOULD YOU WIN?"

And Jenna answers:

"BECAUSE I NEED THE MONEY"

Nothing, more than this statement, demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the game. Matt will look like a genius sitting next to Jenna. The jury members will not want to lose to someone who doesn't have a clue about the game. All along, Jiffy has been fingering Matt as this clueless person, but I think Jenna appears clueless to the jury members and this is how she loses. Question is, when she collects her mere $100K, will she pay off her parents bills? Or will she take that trip to Italy?

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 13 "...And Then There Were Four""
Jenna's pageant experience will help her with the final Q&A. She's had the experience of thinking quick on her feet. How it will help her, I dunno... just wanted to point that out. She may come across like an idiot too. I'm sure the questions asked at the Hawaiian Tropic pageant aren't nearly as close to Survivor, but we shall see....

I'm still pulling for Matt.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Bump"
Since this fell to page 2

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •