The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-13, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
Early reports, guy in black, maybe body armor, near the Nordstroms. People still hiding in the mall, but talking to CNN. One guy in the back watching the security cam of the police going back and forth.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/04/us/new-jersey-mall-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

And people running up to stand in front of the camera crew pointed at the entrance to the Nordstrom's.

*sigh*

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Well that's different Snidget 11-05-13 1
 RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ Estee 11-05-13 2
   RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ Snidget 11-05-13 3
       RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ Estee 11-05-13 4
           RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ Snidget 11-05-13 6
               RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ kingfish 11-05-13 7
 RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ kingfish 11-05-13 5
   RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ Snidget 11-05-13 8
       RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ kingfish 11-05-13 9
           RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ Snidget 11-05-13 10
       RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ newsomewayne 11-06-13 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-05-13, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Well that's different"
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-13 AT 07:51 AM (EST)

Fired a shot (or few) at a security camera just to shot himself in a hard to find place in the mall?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/11/garden_state_plaza_mall_shooting_suspect_killed_himself_in_store_source_says.html#incart_maj-story-1

Early reports that he was a drug abuser, no reports of mental illness.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-13, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
From the morning reports, this appears to have been a suicide -- and not of the 'by cop' variety. The only things shot at were security cameras. Not a single person in the mall was ever targeted, and they found the note.

11-05-13, 07:56 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
So he didn't want to take anyone with him, just scare a bunch of people and run up the overtime costs for the local police department?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-13, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
Until I find out what the note said, I'm going to assume he was making one last protest against the Blue Laws.

(In brief: Paramus still has 'em. Supermarkets and restaurants can be open on Sunday. Pretty much everything else must shut down, by law.)

11-05-13, 11:15 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
I remember blue laws. Now here the only thing still closed is the hard liquor store (other than a couple of "christian values" businesses). Beer and Wine at the grocery are sold after like 11 am.

Back home the only thing open other than restaurants were the pharmacies, which all installed relatively small, but comprehensive, grocery sections as the groceries were closed. One Sunday in a "they can't arrest us all, there isn't enough room in the jail" move the supermarkets all stayed open. The world didn't end so the law changed and the first people lined up at the Mall were the people who forgot to scrape off the "SAVE OUR SUNDAYS" protest bumper stickers off the car, first.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-13, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
I grew up in the Bible belt.

I know Blue laws.

And why they haven't been declared unconstitutional across the board is beyond me, but then again so are anti-abortion laws, pro-discrimination laws, resistance to all voters having to positively identify themselves, and a number of others.

11-05-13, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
Another day, another Gov. installation school random mall shooting headline.

11-05-13, 11:25 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
Only difference is it looks like this was about a guy making sure his gun suicide gets counted in the gun death totals more than anything else.

Sometimes the family doesn't want a lot of reporting and most of the counts go by what gets in the on-line portion of the local newspapers. A co-worker's aunt never made it into the count as it wasn't high profile enough gun-suicide for her area to be worth reporting on, and the family didn't want a fuss.

Probably because he could only afford to add some bling to make the rifle look like it shot faster (assuming initial reports are correct). *dark* Counting down to when they enact a gov't subsidy to make sure everyone can buy the rifles with the big magazines and higher bullet per minute count for one's shooting in a public place needs. I mean what else are they going to do with the money they aren't spending on unemployment insurance or food stamps? */dark*

*darker*We keep waiting for them to do something with gun laws after a shooting, and this one cries out for helping the poor buy bigger better guns, doesn't it? */darker*

*darkest*at least then they can't say they never passed a law after a shooting! No more do nothing Congress, just think, it might pull their approval rating back into the high single digits */darkest*

11-05-13, 11:36 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
These days it's hard work being a high enough profile mass-shooter to make the headlines.

11-05-13, 12:26 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
word

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-13, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mall Shooting, Paramus NJ"
Counting down to when they enact a gov't subsidy to make sure everyone can buy the rifles with the big magazines and higher bullet per minute count for one's shooting in a public place needs.

No need for that. I'm just going to become a Mexican drug runner and wait for the gov'mint to give me an automatic rifle w/ high capacity clips.

Paid for by AgPAC, a 2008 registered 527 organization.
"Who, me? I was unaware. Nobody's madder than me...." - President Barack Obama on, well, everything.

"We will eventually pay for it, but we can argue about that later.” – Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •