The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What was Cindy thinking?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

golfinmom 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail golfinmom Click to send private message to golfinmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What was Cindy thinking?"
What in the heck was Cindy thinking? Jeff told her no Survivor who won the car reward challenge has ever won the million dollars. She had the opportunity to win HUGE points with the rest of the group by giving them a car, but chooses to keep hers for herself. Crazy girl! She really didn't think anyone would be upset about it! I would have given up the car so everyone else could have one without even thinking twice about it, how about you?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? Cyndimaus 12-09-05 1
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? Fishercat 12-09-05 2
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? cycles2k 12-09-05 3
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? oz4ever 12-09-05 4
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? Snidget 12-09-05 5
   RE: What was Cindy thinking? bullzeye 12-09-05 10
       RE: What was Cindy thinking? byoffer 12-09-05 18
           RE: What was Cindy thinking? bullzeye 12-09-05 19
           RE: What was Cindy thinking? oz4ever 12-09-05 32
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? MizJazmine 12-09-05 6
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? Aruba 12-09-05 7
   RE: What was Cindy thinking? nazpink 12-09-05 8
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? bigrock 12-09-05 9
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? Lisa0116 12-09-05 11
   RE: What was Cindy thinking? Wacko Jacko 12-09-05 12
 Cindy made the right choice JohnMc 12-09-05 13
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? Lynnie 12-09-05 14
   RE: What was Cindy thinking? Lisa0116 12-09-05 17
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? Jims02 12-09-05 15
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? nailbone 12-09-05 16
   RE: What was Cindy thinking? emydi 12-09-05 20
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? willinCal 12-09-05 21
   RE: What was Cindy thinking? NancyGrace 12-09-05 22
       RE: What was Cindy thinking? Fishercat 12-09-05 23
           RE: What was Cindy thinking? NancyGrace 12-09-05 24
               RE: What was Cindy thinking? Fishercat 12-09-05 25
                   RE: What was Cindy thinking? Addi 12-09-05 26
                       RE: What was Cindy thinking? Fishercat 12-09-05 30
                   RE: What was Cindy thinking? NancyGrace 12-09-05 27
                       RE: What was Cindy thinking? Fishercat 12-09-05 29
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? okaychatt 12-09-05 28
 RE: What was Cindy thinking? oz4ever 12-09-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-09-05, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Hm, I don't know. It's easy to "armchair quaterback" it in these situations. On the one hand, I'd really love a new car but then would it really do me good to give everyone else a new care or would they just say, "thanks for the car but you're too much of a threat" and vote me off anyway. I tend to be generous so I probably would have given everyone a car. (and I wouldn't be stuck with the taxes on the thing either!)

Sigs by Cyg

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-09-05, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
I don't know how I'd play it until I have some keys in my hand with a really nice car right next to me.

Still, for someone who wasn't in the position of a Steph or Rafe and looking to surely be the odd one out, why not take the guaranteed prize?

I highly doubt that if she gave the cars to her castmates, it would have turned into a situation that would lalow her to win the game. And really, the car is worth about 20-25k, right? At that point, I figure she'd have to go from 5th to 3rd to definitely make more money than the car + 5th place money (maybe 4th is 20k more than 5th? I don't know). Maybe Lydia would have gone home if she gave the cars to everyone. Then next week, Danni convinces Rafe and Steph that Cindy is the physical threat, and she's booted.

Perfectly logical decision by Cindy, and without being in that scenario, I'm fine with it. ESPECIALLY when the two people that do not have a car (Steph and Rafe) did not have the decency to tell you that they were booting Judd. If they cannot show me the respect of being an equally valued member of the group, then there is no reason for Cindy to treat them any better than they treated her.

And I'm willing to believe that most people don't get voted out because they win the car, maybe because of the strategy discussed during that trip or for various reason after.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-09-05, 04:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
I am not sure if Cindy even had a stragegy to win survivor.

It is hard to say if she did the right thing by taking the car. (Actually more of a behemoth SUV really). The exposure from being in the F4 might have done her more good in the long run that the car will. That said, there is no guarantee that they would not have thanked her for the car and booted her immediately. Steph certainly did that to Judd and nobody gave Jamie much credit for giving up his meal.

Personally, I think I would have given the car to the others in a blatant attempt to gain sympathy and friendship. Like Rafe, I didn't really think Cindy had a choice, but it is a lot easier to say than do.

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-09-05, 04:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail oz4ever Click to send private message to oz4ever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Cindy was already on the outs with her tribe, so why not take the car, a guaranteed prize? I don't think she would have won the million if she gave the cars to the others... unless she was up in the final 2 against Steph.

I don't think Cindy is too concerned with the "exposure" from Survivor, I really think she went on the show for the pure competition. And because of the car twist, you can guarantee that Jeff will ask her a few questions about it at the reunion, especially if it gets involved with the jury questioning.

As for me, I would give my friends a car and give up my own (and be utterly disappointed), but I already have access to a nice, non-lemon car. If I was with a bunch of strangers who didn't seem to like me for the past few days, I'm not totally sure I'd give up my car for them. I might give up the SUV in question because it uses so much gas compared to my small car (and therefore costs more in the long run) - but I don't really go in for totally suck-up manoevres. And what would have happened with the BBQ feast? Would Cindy still have been able to go on that?

Happy holidays to all the peeps out there!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-09-05, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
I can understand why she easily could have been in screw it I'm keeping the car.

I probably would have given the cars to the others. A) If I was pretty sure I was going home that round there is an off chance it would sway the vote and get me to the final 4. B) On the off chance I made it to the final two there is probably at least one jury member who would vote against a selfish person, but give a vote to someone they saw as generous. The who deserves the money because they are a good person vote. C) If nothing else it might mess with some people enough that I could use their momentary distraction to my advantage.

Who knows if she would have made final 4 if she gave the cars away (it might have done that, it might have made no difference). But keeping it I think tended to the sealed her fate end of the spectrum.

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Interesting - my first thought was that she should keep the car. Then, I started to think she should have given the rest of the group cars. I agree - no guarantee it would have won her the million, but certainly better odds of proceeding further. And, if not Cindy, one of the recipients is going to win the million - perhaps a nice gesture for the winner to give Cindy a car after the fact?

I did cringe however, every time she talked about it - just seemed to be rubbing salt in the wound.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
And, if not Cindy, one of the recipients is going to win the million - perhaps a nice gesture for the winner to give Cindy a car after the fact?

That's what I kept thinking. Give the cars. Your real goal is the $1M, and this might help. If it does, the car was well spent. If not, then hopefully the eventual winner remembers the car gift and feels generous.

The third "if" is that the producers might have pulled a 5th car out of the bag in reward for her generosity.

As I recall, Matthew Von... was given a similar choice in the Amazon. He could either spend time with his family member, or let everyone else. He gave everyone else the visit. Did the producers give him a visit also?? I know he didn't win the $1M (though he had my vote!!)

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
I never thought of that - you are correct - typically when a contestant performs an act of generosity - they get rewarded for it.

As for the eventual winner giving her a car - I know I would feel obligated to do so - however I do recall that Tina broke her promise to Colby to buy him a Harley - I think Rosie O'Donnel ended up buying him one instead.

12-09-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oz4ever Click to send private message to oz4ever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Matthew got to spend the night with his mother at an Amazonian tribal village. But in contrast, when he gave the others a "visit", they only stayed for like half an hour. Not very long at all. I don't know what the original reward was supposed to be, whether it was the overnight stay or whether it was just said to be a half hour or so visit.

Happy holidays to all the peeps out there!

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 06:53 AM (EST)

I think Cindy made the right decision for the right reasons. She knew that she was an outsider once she saw that her alliance didn't consult her about Judd. She was right when she said that Survivor is about surviving against all odds, and that's how she came to play the game. So it wouldn't have mattered what was on the table, she wasn't going to "give" her team mates anything. They were going to have to get in there and fight for it just like she did, and may the best person win. In this case it was Cindy. I liked her attitude about it, "If I can get the car & win the million, then that's what I'm going for."

I agree with her that would have been my position as well.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-09-05, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
It would have taken me all but two seconds to let the other four have a car. Would it have guaranteed Cindy a million dollars...NO, but I truly believe it would have guaranteed her a final four. Cindy could have easily been the Kelly W. from S1 when she dominated AFTER the top guns had been voted out, thus could have "earned" her place in the Final 2. She would have definitely won sitting next to Lydia or Steph. Since Rafe or Danni would have been voted out instead of her last night her chances would have been excellent.

Although it's hard to criticize her decision to take the car; it's pretty easy to criticize her opening her trap and not shutting up about her prize. That's pretty much pouring salt in the wounds...humility goes a long way in this game.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-09-05, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
First off, I wouldn't even try for the car as much as I would want it because I am superstitious....lol. Second of all I don't blame Cyndi for winning the car and choosing to keep it for herself because like she said even if she did give everyone a car didn't mean they wouldn't vote her out and at least she would be leaving the game with a guarenteed prize. Cyndi was already on the outs with her alliance and now that the game is ending people aren't keeping those who can do well in the immunity challenge. Cyndi basically gave Rafe a run for his money during the competitions so she was his number one threat as he was hers and since everyone else seems blinded by Rafe they were willing to get rid of her.

bigrock 127 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bigrock Click to send private message to bigrock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Cindy is smarter than I thought take the money and run, she knew she was NOT going to win. I laugh at the people that play a game that is all about lie's and say I played it fair blah blah blah. That little speech she gave did her in. She was and is clueless.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
She made the right move-I would have kept the car. Rafe would have kept the car, too. He only used that to stir up the three left at camp so he could get Cindy out and then have Steph look bad for it (because like Judd, Cindy took her along for the reward). He is really good at manipulating the game and all of the moves are not seen as his betrayal to his alliance, but like Steph is betraying the alliance. I was so glad Steph got Immunity (perfect timing Joisey Girl). I am hoping she is standing there in the final two!!

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-09-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Come on People! She made the right choice for sure. Look you are put on an island with a bunch of strangers. They are all out there pretending to be your best friend so you don't vote them out and they want to have your vote. Like Judd says there will be only one winner and the point of the game is for someone other than yourself to go home...each week someone else goes home makes you closer to one million dollars. These people as Judd found out with Stephanie are really not friends of yours but people playing the game. We all ripped Colby for taking Tina to the finals with him....because of their 'friendship'. Tina hoodwinked him out of one million. Cyndy rather than going home with no car at least came home from Guatemaula with a car. How would you feel after you just gave someone a car that they would vote you out in the very near future? She made the right decision. I admire her for thinking with her brain instead of her heart.

Besides both Stephanie and Lydia would've taken the car. Rafe and Danni said they wouldn't...maybe that is so. I kinda believe Rafe, but Danni is saying anything to get her further in the game....I think she would've taken it too. She was at that moment doing everything possible just to deflect the votes away from herself. She was trying to turn everyone on Cyndy just as she had everyone turn on Judd. Watch her in the final four she will do the same next week I predict her to say to Rafe and Lydia that Stpehanie had already been here before and doesn't deserve the money. Danni is just doing what she needs to further herself in the game. So what, Cyndy did not win the money and it would've take a lot for her to make it to the final two and win anyways with her being the odd person out anyways (ie not telling her about Judd).

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Cindy made the right choice"
Before the challenge was even presented, the staff knew that they were going to make the winner decide to either keep 1 car or give 4 away. Had it happened to someone else, the outcome may have been different.

But for Cindy, she was in an awful position:

1. If she gives the car away, there is no guarantee that would "buy" her a spot in the final 4.
2. If she gives the car away, and she gets voted off, then she has no car. And she also doesn't have any recourse against any of the 4 because they all have cars and final 4 spots and they all betrayed her.

Cindy wasn't on the bubble; she was on the outside. She correctly assessed that, just like Judd, when you are left out of a decision, you are going to be voted out soon. She cut her losses.

What she didn't do was downplay how nice the car and the reward were. As far as Rafe went, I think that was the straw that broke Rafe's back. Even though he says he would have given the cars away (which he could have because he was in a stronger position than Cindy), he's also wussy enough that he could have forgiven Cindy had she not been so happy about it.

Lynnie 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lynnie Click to send private message to Lynnie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Did Amber not win a vehicle and then go on to win Survivor?

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
No Amber did not "win" the car. Rob won the car and chose Amber to go with him on the overnight with food-she was given a car when they got to the feast. When she won the game, she won another car and was made to give it up (so she only won one car).

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
I would have definitely kept the car, especially if I were Cindy. Like others have pointed out, she was already on the outs with the tribe anyway. Giving cars away might get her three extra days, but that's about it.

Rafe was full of it last night. They knew, going into the challenge, that the winner would get a car. Cindy won the challenge, fair and square, earning the car. None of the other four players earned anything. That includes you, Rafe.

But I gotta admit, it would be a tough decision.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
I, in my life as it is right now, would have given the cars away in a heartbeat, cuz I think it would have bought one more night there. Then start working for the next TC.

However, in Cindy's shoes, knowing that her alliance was crumbling (she wasn't told that Judd was going), and having never had a new car (as she told them ad nauseum), I would have kept it.

In fact, she was probably OK having kept it UNTIL she went on and on and on about it so much.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
boner, I agree with u 100%!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
NFL Playoff Places Poll in OT Sports Come join!

willinCal 193 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail willinCal Click to send private message to willinCal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
We don't have the luxury of thinking about this a day after. We could think back and say, "yes, I should have given up the car", but Cindy didn't have that luxury of sleeping on it. She had to make that decision right then and there. Cindy knew she was on the down and out of the "circle of trust" and I believe she made the right decision in taking the car.

What if you knew about or believed the alleged car curse and just threw the reward challenge? Rafe may have lost the RC on purpose.

Sigs by Cyg

NancyGrace 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NancyGrace Click to send private message to NancyGrace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
How often does a person have a chance to give cars away?! It was the opportunity of a life time! What an awesome experience it could have been for her. I guess she didn't see it that way.

The way she was talking about the car, I expected her to start humping it! I found her excitement about the car strange and way over the top. It's just a car.

Had she made it in the final 2 she would have gotten at least $100,000 and then she could buy the car of her choice. Not a car that someone else picked out.

Her comment after being voted off "I'll be looking at the stars through my sunroof"

What a freak! IT'S JUST A CAR!!!
Where do they find these people?!

12-09-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
How often does a person have a chance to win a car? It was the opportunity of a life time! What an awesome experience it was for her.

If it's just a car, then what was the big deal in not giving them away either?

And the odds of her making Final 2?

12-09-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NancyGrace Click to send private message to NancyGrace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
"If it's just a car, then
what was the big deal
in not giving them away
either?"

Because acts of kindness feel good.

"And the odds of her making
Final 2?"

We'll never know, will we?

12-09-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
25. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Maybe for you. Maybe acts of greed or getting something for winning a challenge, a big something, feels good to Cindy. Maybe giving people cars doesn't feel good to Cindy?

I think we all know, at the time of the 5 prior to the challenge, the odds of Cindy getting Final 2 were extremely low with everyone having an appeal/angle to Final 2 except her.

Addi 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-09-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Addi Click to send private message to Addi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
I would have let the others have the cars in a heartbeat. My kids and I agreed. It was a no-brainer. It is ALWAYS better to be generous than not.

Plus it's good Karma -- I think some how she would have gotten a car anyway.

Regardless, I wouldn't have voted her off last nite. Rafe should've gone after Lydia instead. She is justa eeekin' by and could end up winning this thing.

12-09-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
30. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
In a game meant to be one of individual success played by individual, one has to think of the individual.

In life, sure, it's typically better to be generous than not, but this isn't a game of generosity, of fair game, it's a game of money and attention. One is trying to win the game, or if they cannot win the game, get as much personal gain as they can. There's a reason why some people can't play Survivor and some can, why some get chosen and some don't, some simply are not egotistical enough to play a game based on weaving you, and only you, through a maze of traps.

Could she have gotten a car anyway? I think it is likely that either she'd be given one too or the winner would have given her theirs or bought one for her. However, that's not a guarantee, and there are no guarantees in Survivor.

As I've said, I don't know what I would do until I have car keys in my hand in Cindy's situation, then I could tell you. But in a game of deceit and selfishness and with everyone trying to win, generosity is not the best way to go usually.

12-09-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
27. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
"I think we all know, at
the time of the 5
prior to the challenge, the
odds of Cindy getting Final
2 were extremely low with
everyone having an appeal/angle to
Final 2 except her."

I agree she probably would not have made it to the final 2. Being so excited over a $25,000 car shows (IMO) low standards.

Here is a list of the cash prizes.

Sixteenth $2,500
Fifteenth $3,500
Fourteenth $4,500
Thirteenth $5,500
Twelfth $7,500
Eleventh $10,000
Tenth $15,000
Ninth $20,000
Eighth $27,500
Seventh $35,000
Sixth $45,000
Fifth $55,000
Fourth $70,000
Third $85,000
Runner-up $100,000
Winner $1,000,000

Had she given the cars away, I highly doubt she would have been voted off that night.
This would put her (at the very least) 4th.
She would have won $70,000
and could have bought the car of her choice.

12-09-05, 04:25 PM (EST)
29. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
OK, let us assume that Lydia would have been voted off if she gave away the car. Cindy almost surely goes 4th without an IC victory (Rafe has a pact with Danni and a partnership with Steph, he controls it), that's 15k.

She got 55k for fifth place, plus the retail value of the car (Pontiac Torrent?) of 20k, means that she made off with a net gain of 5k. Still the right decision. Even if she got third, it's a 7-10k loss, and she can still buy any car she wants outside of one of those really expensive luxury things.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-09-05, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
<chooses to keep hers for herself. Crazy girl! She really didn't think anyone would be upset about it!

I think where she made her mistake was when she kept on talking about her win.

She should have focused instead on her tribemates and game play.

No way would I give up a car in a game where Steph, Danni, and Rafe are still contenders. They're strong, can win immunity at any time, and put you out of the game. At least she's sure to be going home with a nice SUV.

Lydia? Eh - she's just there because she's not a threat to anyone, at any time. Who cares if her one vote is not happy? It's a risk I would take.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

12-09-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
31. "RE: What was Cindy thinking?"
Rafe knows the game really well. I think he probably did throw the challenge - and I would have too.

And I think Cindy would still have gotten a car, the original one offered to her. When Jeff made the twist announcement, FOUR MORE cars were driven in, not three. There were then FIVE cars in immediate view. If Cindy had given away the cars, she still would have gotten the original one. This is assuming that they were all the exact same car - I know they were all Pontiac Torrents, but they may have been different year models?

If she hadn't been given a car in return, and I happened to win the million, I would have given her the car she gave me, and then bought something I wanted cos I don't like SUVs.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •