The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-06-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
Okay, I want to get everyone's opinion on this. Lee Ann notwithstanding, does this season seem to be more boring than previous seasons of The Bachelor?

I've come to the conclusion that Bob was a poor choice. On The Bachelorette we only saw small snippets of his shenanigans and it was mildly amusing. However he was one of the boys in the house with all the other boys and now he is the ceterpiece and IMHO he just can't pull it off. There is a lot of sucking face, but just not a lot of spark.

These girls get so caught up in "the game" that they portray Bob as the greatest man alive, but that has been the case in each season. I'm sure psychiatrists will coin some name for the phenomenon at some point. Crap, it's beginning to look like Quasimodo could be the bachelor and the women would fawn over him. Several of them talked about how hot he is but I just don't see it. Hmmm. Maybe that could be another thread: name The Bachelor worship syndrome.

Quite frankly, I like Kelly Jo so I hope he DOESN'T pick her.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Yep... northernlights 11-06-03 1
 RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! mrbluesky 11-06-03 2
   RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! buckeyegirl 11-06-03 3
   The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOORING... Wacko Jacko 11-06-03 4
       RE: The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOO... motorkitty 11-06-03 5
           RE: The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOO... jewelz10 11-06-03 18
       RE: The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOO... dajaki 11-06-03 6
       Re Drinking Game AMAI 11-06-03 9
           RE: Re Drinking Game Poncho 11-06-03 11
 RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! schmoe 11-06-03 7
   RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! WickedWidow 11-06-03 8
 RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! Poncho 11-06-03 10
   RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! jewelz10 11-06-03 16
 I actually disagree weltek 11-06-03 12
   RE: I actually disagree triednottowatch 11-06-03 13
 I have to agree... KScott 11-06-03 14
 RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! Schnookie Palookie 11-06-03 15
   RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! Chrissy gal 11-06-03 19
       RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! Schnookie Palookie 11-07-03 23
 RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! Loree 11-06-03 17
 RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! smiley 11-07-03 20
   Next Week's Show 34_4vr 11-07-03 22
       RE: Next Week's Show KScott 11-07-03 24
 RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! 34_4vr 11-07-03 21
   RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! Tiggertramp 11-07-03 25
       RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! RealityAddict 11-07-03 26
           RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!! Bri Guy 11-07-03 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Yep..."
That sums up how I feel about this season of Bachelor Bob. I was thinking that last night that I liked Bob better as a pickee rather than the picker. Maybe its just his laugh getting on my last nerve that makes me feel that way though.

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-06-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I wouldn't call the show boring this time around, but I do totally agree with your assessment of Bob and how he's not really that great of a guy.

I also agree with the Bachelor worship syndrom. These girls act as though they have never seen a guy before. Hey girls.... he's divorced, acts like a child and hasn't shown me a thing that says he's ready to settle down.

I'm also sick of him saying how tough this is for him. Buddy, you have it easy. It's the girls who have it tough. They're having to fight for your attention, see you make out with the others, smile and be happy all the time so they'll stand out, be prettier than the others -- all the time worrying if you'll can them or sleep with one of the other girls --- all you have to do is take it all in.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I agree with you...this season is boring. I was catching up on Survivor Spoilers while watching it last night, and ending up missing Mary's entire date..and feel like I didn't really miss anything~I'm a big Bob fan, but, really how many times can you hear Chris say: "Most dramatic Rose Ceremony ever?" Pleasssse....
I am rooting for Kelly Jo to win, so of course that means Estella will win it all...

I *lvoe* my Kyngsladye Original

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-06-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
There should be a drinking game where you drink everytime someone says "amazing".

This show is extremely boring. I only watch it because Bob is from my hometown.

Also, I wondered too why he is this great catch. He aint great looking, he is middle class, and he is a play boy. He had no intention of coming on this show to meet his future wife. Where is this great sense of humor I heard about?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

motorkitty 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-06-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motorkitty Click to send private message to motorkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
>There should be a drinking game
>where you drink everytime someone
>says "amazing".
>
>LOL I was just saying that last night!!! Is that the only adjective that these bachelor contestants know??? I started to notice it on the last bachelor, and now here we go again.....AMAZING. The date was AMAZING, Mary was AMAzing, Estella was AMAzing, Kelly JO was AMAZING, Bob is AMAzing, BLAH BLAH BLAH...........expand your vocabularies already.............

jewelz10 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-06-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jewelz10 Click to send private message to jewelz10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I agree - Grace is Amazing, Bob is NOT! Get a vocabulary!
Here are a few words that mean the same damn thing - straight from the MicroSoft Thesaurus: astonishing, astounding, remarkable, wonderful, incredible, startling, marvelous, miraculous, surprising, mind-blowing, mind-boggling, staggering. Can somebody PLEASE send these words to ABC?

Mind-boggling, now there is a word to describe the desperation of these girls!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-06-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The show is AMAZINGLY BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
Played it last night - Raging headache and cottonmouth today. Can anyone find my coffee pot? Not sure where I am. Wish the Amazing Bob would drop off the planet.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Re Drinking Game"
I've devised a drinking game for when they're kissing onscreen, and trust me, you're plenty blitzed from that.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-06-03, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Re Drinking Game"
>I've devised a drinking game for
>when they're kissing onscreen, and
>trust me, you're plenty blitzed
>from that.

Wow, with that game a person would be drinking the whole hour!
Poncho

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I disagree, I've been quite entertained. I like the fact the Bob is an every day guy. I like the fact that he's very candid with the audience in his interviews. The whole rose ceremony process is an absurd idea - one person rejecting these hot "contestents" who in real life would be rejecting him. I think Bob recognizes the absurdity of it and doesn't let it go to his head.

Andrew was so polished and subtle you couldn't tell what he was thinking. He just kept blowing smoke at the audience. He didn't have much chemistry with the girls. He just went around asking "How do you feel about me?" and "How do you feel about the other girls".

I do agree the Bob worship treatment is a bit annoying. I couldn't believe those girls were crying early on when they had the "pick your favorite and least favorite girl to go out with Bob" contest. What was there to cry about?

WickedWidow 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-06-03, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WickedWidow Click to send private message to WickedWidow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
Bob is not that entertaining or that much to look at. I just hope Kelly Jo escapes without being chosen. She is too cute and has to much to offer to be stuck with someone like Bob. Estella, on the other hand, with her whiney voice is not a good choice, but let her have Bob.

"Why spoil 2 couples with picking Kelly Jo?"

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-06-03, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I totally agree with you! I think Bob was a poor chose too. I am soooooo sick of him saying how hard this is..... WHATEVER! He knew he was going to get rid of Mary after she talked about that darn biological clock, but it did not stop him from majorly making out with her! I really thought I liked him on the Bachlorette, but now I just think Bob is a DOG!

Poncho

jewelz10 54 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jewelz10 Click to send private message to jewelz10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
Well, after that shower scene last night, we know what Bob is talking about when he says 'it is hard!'

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I actually disagree"
It's kind of refreshing to see a bunch of mature women on the show. Leanne's immaturity was fun for a bit, but I wouldn't want to see her every week.

I would've liked to have seen a little more of the girls hanging out at the house or more of the friends visit. It would have been cool for Jamie or another friend to stay with Bob the whole time.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-06-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I actually disagree"
>It would
>have been cool for Jamie
>or another friend to stay
>with Bob the whole time.

That wouldn't work. If Jamie was hanging around, it wouldn't be long until everyone realized that Bob isn't such a great catch after all.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-06-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "I have to agree..."
This is not one of the best Bachelor's there has been, it is too lame I mean tame. When I heard it was gonna be Bob (say the next part in your best Kristen valley girl talk) I was like Oh My God, this will be like too funny!! (end val talk) but it is "Like too dull" duh!!! I liked Andrew's Bachelor because I loved to hate Kristen, I don;t love to hate anyone left here! Anywho, that is my 2 cents worth!

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
*raises her hand*

Yup! Boooooooooooring! I've been half-heartedly watching it only to get my weekly mega-dose of reality tv. Bob does nothing for me at all. He might be a nice guy but I have to say I look away from the tv when he's smack-facing with the girls cause I'm slightly disgusted. When the show came on last night and I remembered that they were down to 3 girls, I was thinking, boy what a relief ... it'll be over real soon

*What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what it's all about?*

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
>>I have to say I look away from the tv when he's smack-facing with the girls cause I'm slightly disgusted.<<

Replace "slightly" with "very" and you have my feelings. I don't see what is so special about Bob that these women would be "in Love" with him so quickly. I thought that the first Bachelor, Alex, was a snake for trying to get Trista in bed when he already knew he was going to choose Amanda. But Alex doesn't look so bad now. Now Bob is my least favorite Bachelor, even worse than Joe Millionaire's Evan!

Chrissy gal

"Never underestimate the potential psychosis of a reality show contestant." managerr

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
Well, I was really "very" disgusted but wrote "slightly" to be nice

You think Bob is worse than Evan? OMH! That's pretty bad LOL
What a dilema to have to choose between those two. I'm disgusted with both of them but Evan made me shudder (and not in a good way), so he remains the worse for me.

*What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what it's all about?*

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I never wanted Bob to be the bachelor. I just didn't see the appeal. And I was right. He is boring and I do not believe all these women are really that in love with him. So the season is boring. I hope they have a better bachelor or bachelorette next time. I just want this season over.

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-07-03, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I think the women tell all episode is going to be the most interesting LOL

34_4vr 32 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 34_4vr Click to send private message to 34_4vr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Next Week's Show"
I agree--next week can be the best show of this whole season. Hopefully they don't downplay Lee-ann's personalities too much like GMA did.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Next Week's Show"
I doubt the girls will let that happen, can't wait!!

a JSlice "ROCKS" original

34_4vr 32 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 34_4vr Click to send private message to 34_4vr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I also agree with this. I won't put all the blame on Bob though. It's just as much as the producers fault for having him and not changing it to deal with the differences of having Bob as the bachelor. In addition, we're also coming down from the "high" of having Trista and Andrew as the Bachelor/ette who were defintely there to find a spouse. They put more of themselves into it. IMO, Bob is no worse than Alex or Aaron, though. Those three were there to see if they might find a spouse, but were also there to have 25 women ogle over them.

I'm probably more disappointed in all the "changes" to the show that were promised. The only changes were done in the first two episodes and weren't really changes but just hi-jinks to freak the girls out more. After that, it's SSDD. Hell, the stupid note on the one-on-one dates were even exactly the same as the previous 4 episodes.

If ABC wants this show to succeed, they need to have the centerpiece more like Andrew...someone who wants and works at the process to work. They also need to be more creative in finding ways to assist in the getting to know you process. Lastly, they need to develop stories a bit better than this season. As you said, the only storylines this season was Lee-Ann and egg-dropping Mary.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
I agree with 34_4vr about the "intent" of this show.

Let's face it people, we were spoiled with the drama of Trista and Andrew taking the show seriously and looking for true love, a life partner. Bob/this show isn't so much so boring as it is just the same recycled version of Bachelor I and II. I equate Bob with Aaron at this point, because he is in it for the wrong reasons.

Aaron wanted to launch his resturant, Bob wants to launch his career. See any similarities?? Andrew told people straight on after taping that he found love, we KNEW why he was there. I still have no idea what Bob is there for except self promotion.

So, is it boredom? Or disappointment? Me? I am disappointed.

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityAddict Click to send private message to RealityAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-03 AT 04:30 PM (EST)

>I equate Bob with Aaron
>at this point, because he
>is in it for the
>wrong reasons.
>
>Aaron wanted to launch his resturant,
>Bob wants to launch his
>career. See any similarities?? Andrew
>told people straight on after
>taping that he found love,
>we KNEW why he was
>there. I still have no
>idea what Bob is there
>for except self promotion.

Tiggertramp, I couldn't agree with you more! I posted something about Aaron and Bob being similar in another thread. They are both out for self-promotion instead of finding a spouse. If you notice too that they both appear to be drunk in a lot of the Bachelor scenes (Aaron more than Bob on this point) AND in photos you see in magazines. I saw a photo in some mag recently(I think People) with all of the Bachelors and Trista (and their mates) and both Bob and Aaron looked totally tanked. I think Aaron and Bob are very alike!

Edited to include a quote from a recent article in a Seattle paper: "This might be a good time to point out that Bob the Bachelor calls himself "a professional drinker," whose cocktail of choice is Ketel One with tonic and lemon."
Oh really?????????????????

Bri Guy 77 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bri%20Guy Click to send private message to Bri%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: BOOOOOOOORING !!!"
You're absolutely right, RealityAddict, about Bob's drinking. He always looks glazed over. I can't wait until the episode when Estella and KJ each get to visit Bob's most favorite place in the world -- the lake house -- and revisit with his mama. She was really soused that first night when Bob met all the girls. (How pathetic that Mama was there in the first place. It seems like a lifetime ago, but remember Leeann cozying up to Mama and soliciting advice on how a shy girl like herself could get Bob's attention?!). I bet that at the lake house Bob's whole family will be three-sheets-to-the-wind.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •