The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-03, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""

ON THE NEXT EPISODE

In a SURVIVOR tradition, the castaways bid on much-desired items of food. But when letters from home are thrown into the auction, emotions run high and a fierce bidding war breaks out, leading some to exuberance and others to tears.

Particularly good news from home makes one Survivor giddy with excitement and leads to a morale boost.

Beaming with power, the alliance of Alex, Rob, Jenna and Heidi take it easy while the others toil in the hopes of saving themselves.

A Survivor promises to vote against a trusted ally, sending the wounded friend into a flutter.

Kittyloaf ≠ Food!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... Krautboy 04-11-03 1
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... alleyb 04-11-03 2
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... PepeLePew13 04-11-03 3
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... tamarama 04-11-03 4
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... PrettyInPink 04-12-03 13
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... AZ_Leo 04-21-03 37
       easy OBX 04-12-03 11
           RE: easy ShowMeTheWinner 04-12-03 14
               you're correct!!! OBX 04-12-03 15
                   RE: you're correct!!! LeftPinky 04-13-03 17
                       RE: you're correct!!! OBX 04-13-03 19
                           RE: you're correct!!! PepeLePew13 04-14-03 22
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... Brownroach 04-11-03 5
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... Devious Weasel 04-11-03 6
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... Brownroach 04-11-03 7
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... tamarama 04-11-03 8
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... samboohoo 04-21-03 24
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... Brownroach 04-21-03 25
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... Devious Weasel 04-21-03 26
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... samboohoo 04-21-03 27
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... Jedidog 04-11-03 9
   remember, spoiler has heidi 6th not... OBX 04-12-03 12
       RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th... SaphireLady 04-13-03 16
           RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th... OBX 04-13-03 20
               RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th... SaphireLady 04-14-03 21
                   RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th... OBX 04-14-03 23
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... TourGirl 04-12-03 10
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q &... rockluver 04-13-03 18
 CBS Press Release Krautboy 04-21-03 28
   RE: CBS Press Release toddE 04-21-03 29
   RE: CBS Press Release Devious Weasel 04-21-03 30
   RE: CBS Press Release Brownroach 04-21-03 31
       Why promise? Krautboy 04-21-03 39
           RE: Why promise? Brownroach 04-22-03 40
               RE: Why promise? Thaibeach 04-22-03 43
                   RE: Why promise? Brownroach 04-22-03 45
   RE: CBS Press Release VerucaSalt 04-22-03 41
 eyeMAIL munson 04-21-03 32
   RE: eyeMAIL Devious Weasel 04-21-03 33
       RE: eyeMAIL Brownroach 04-21-03 34
       RE: eyeMAIL Krautboy 04-21-03 38
 Web Poll Devious Weasel 04-21-03 35
   RE: Web Poll Brownroach 04-21-03 36
       RE: Web Poll VerucaSalt 04-22-03 42
           RE: Web Poll Booted 04-22-03 44
               RE: Web Poll sirvivorfan 04-22-03 46
               RE: Web Poll VerucaSalt 04-22-03 47
                   RE: Web Poll DoodleBug 04-22-03 48
                       RE: Web Poll joannie 04-22-03 49
               RE: Web Poll tamarama 04-23-03 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-11-03, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""

Beaming with power, the alliance of Alex, Rob, Jenna and Heidi take it easy while the others toil in the hopes of saving themselves.

Given that Matthew, Butch and Christy make the F4, per Chillone and other sources, we know that this alliance revealed does not succeed. We also know that Heidi and Jenna are safe next week so that leaves Alex and Rob.

Alex does not seem to have any relationship with Christy or Matt, so Rob is the one who will most likely take advantage of his PERCEIVED control over Matthew and Butch to get rid of Alex.

Rob realizes he is number four in his current alliance...Alex and Jenna are tight, Jenna and Heidi are good friends, that leaves Rob as number four in that alliance.

He feels like he controls Matthew and Butch and would stand a better chance of making the F2 with Matthew, Butch and Christy, than with the alliance revealed to us in the previews.

It's looking like Rob defects and Alex goes next...

Krautboy

alleyb 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-11-03, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alleyb Click to send private message to alleyb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
Makes sense to me. But where does this leave Rob, and why would Jenna go to the final 4 instead of him? I can't imagine Christy choosing to keep Jenna around over Rob or Butch, and we already know she is creeped out by Matt. If ChillOne's spoilers are correct, this game is going to have to take some major turns. How do Jenna and Matt make the final 2? Rob wants Matt gone, Christy thinks Matt is creepy and doesn't seem too fond of Jenna, and no one seems too thrilled with Matt (except maybe Butch with the whole "Chain" metaphor). Does Matt go on an incredible Immunity run? He seems perfectly suited for it. But why would how does Jenna make it through? So many questions. Why would Christy/Butch choose Jenna over Rob?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-03, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""

>Why would Christy/Butch
>choose Jenna over Rob?

Immunity. The F4 challenge will most likely be Fallen Comrades and Rob probably wouldn't care enough about the others to take note of personal things in their lives in order to do well -- and Jenna's more likely to do well here. Jenna's biggest competition in this challenge would probably be Butch.

Don't underestimate Butch/Matt either, especially if Jenna sees what is going on and calls Rob out on his perceived control over the misfits, and the misfits see this and dump him. Jenna is starting to show some signs of getting emotionally involved in the game (getting pissed off, etc.) so I can see her lashing out at Rob after Heidi gets booted in 6th place.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-11-03, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
I agree that Jenna likely wins IC at that point.
As for why the Misfit Alliance would boot Rob before Matt…Rob is going to be assuming the leadership role in that group – I can see him getting really obnoxious & overconfident – making himself a target. With the misfits’ necessarily increased communication, I think they will figure out more of what Rob has been up to. Also, I still think the ‘Matt is creepy’ is a bit exaggerated. They’ve been talking about how creepy Matt is right in front of him – more of a teasing the weird kid than actual fear of an unbalanced person.

I do NOT see Jenna aligning with or influencing any of the Misfit Alliance. She's been too contemptuous of all 4 of them, they're not cute.

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrettyInPink Click to send private message to PrettyInPink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
<<As for why the Misfit Alliance would boot Rob before Matt…Rob
is going to be assuming the leadership role in that group – I can see him getting really obnoxious & overconfident – making himself a target. With the misfits’ necessarily increased communication, I think they will figure out more of what Rob has been up to.>>

Another thing to keep in mind is that if Rob does indeed defect from A/H/J, it won't make him look any more trustworthy to B/M/C - Rob's absolutely getting himself caught in the middle by playing both sides. I'd bet there's a good chance he goes before Alex.

<<Also, I still think the ‘Matt is creepy’ is a bit exaggerated. They’ve been talking about how creepy Matt is right in front of him – more of a teasing the weird kid than actual fear of an unbalanced person.>>

Same here - I think Rob takes the Matt-bashing too far, but the rest of the "Matt is mentally unstable" seems to be misdirection. I think Matt could wind up going on a hell of an immunity run, just to seal the deal in case it's *not* misdirection, though.

"What about prom, Blane?"

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-03, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
>Immunity. The F4 challenge will most likely be Fallen Comrades and Rob probably wouldn't care enough about the others to take note of personal things in their lives in order to do well

He may not care about the others, but remember he is a hard core fan. He knows that this challenge is likely to occur toward the end so may have paid attention just to prepare for it.

OBX 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-03, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OBX Click to send private message to OBX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "easy"
>>why would Jenna go to the final 4 instead of him? I can't imagine Christy choosing to keep Jenna around over Rob or Butch, and we already know she is creeped out by Matt. If ChillOne's spoilers are correct, this game is going to have to take some major turns. How do Jenna and Matt make the final 2?<<

mat goes on a IC run like colby did. he wins most of the remaining IC. Rob does see himself #4 in the alliance so gets mat and butch, butch might bring along christy because she and butch see that the "4" are laying around so rob,mat,butch,christy vote off alex next. with alex gone, challenges if physical of any kind mat is the huge favorite. after alex is gone, rob then takes the same group to vote off heidi in her predicted spot. that rubs jenna wrong and now rob is all alone and jenna joins B/M/C to get rid of rob.

CO final 4.

not sure how christy goes next. mat IC would think jenna would go. Mat no IC would think mat goes. not sure how christy goes 4th but mat must win next and boots butch to take jenna figuring maybe she made a few enemy's while butch i dont think did anything at all to piss anyone off.

christy booted 4th is the only part of the game left that isn't so obvious to me. the rest is a walk in the park. guess we'll wait and see how it plays out.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-12-03, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: easy"
not sure how christy goes next. mat IC would think jenna would go. Mat no IC would think mat goes. not sure how christy goes 4th but mat must win next and boots butch to take jenna figuring maybe she made a few enemy's while butch i dont think did anything at all to piss anyone off.

I get the feeling from Markopolo's thread that Matt is pretty close to Butch. Matt is Butch's point of contact with the dominant alliance since Butch's alliance crumbled, and they've been going out to fish a heck of a lot, so there must at least be some sort of a bond between them.
My guess is that Jenna wins this crucial IC; and Matt and Butch agree to vote out Christy. It doesn't really matter if you aren't convinced about the Matt-Butch alliance or if you think that Butch and Christy are tighter than Butch and Matt. As long as Jenna wins this immunity, the other three misfits would have to cannibalize themselves ala S4 with Neleh/Paschal/Kathy, and Vee. We might even see a purple rock or some other tie-breaker. Anyway Christy is gone if the spoiler is right.

Matt/Jenna might win the last IC and takes the other person along because he/she thinks that Matt/Jenna is a better person to go against in the finals.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

04-12-03, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OBX Click to send private message to OBX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "you're correct!!!"
we have now seen mat/butch played out a little with the info passing and the fishing. we see mat/butch and we've also been given a taste of butch/christy in the past so you're right that jenna MUST win IC in order to avoid the boot in the final 4, again assuming the CO spoiler is correct (and from what i've seen so far, i don't see any reason why it isn't. too many things have played or come too amazingly close to have been created before the show aired.

so if you add jenna's F4 IC to what I wrote in the post that you responded to, there is the rest of the game spelled out.

obviously mat/butch is stronger than butch/christy. B/C was played out long ago while M/B is much more recent and actually shows some bonding going on rather than just admiration for personal achievement by christy in a challenge. maybe a little too much was placed on the B/C relationship and i think that will in fact play out in that manner.

well done.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: you're correct!!!"
If thinking to win the game, you would vote out Christy before Matt as you wouldn't want to go to the F2 w/ Christy - she'd likely win. So if Jenna wins immunity w/ 4 remaining, the one she'd least like to face in F2 + one she doesn't like + Butch and Matt are allied = Christy.

Other thought - if it becomes boys vs. girls (2 vs. 2), the purple rock could boot Christy.

04-13-03, 03:18 PM (EST)
19. "RE: you're correct!!!"
exactly, nobody wants F2 with christy. that's why she doesn't win IC and gets booted 4th. the only way jenna survives is by IC

then jenna will prob win IC again in f3 and take "creepy" mat knowing she can beat him much easier than butch. I can't forsee why butch would take jenna over mat if he wins. everyone can beat mat in F2.

or mat could win and take jenna thinking butch didnt make enough enemies while maybe jenna did.

jenna wins IC F4 and either jenna/mat wins IC F3

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-03, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: you're correct!!!"

>or mat could win and take jenna thinking butch didnt make
>enough enemies while maybe jenna did.

If Matthew is truly clueless of how to play the Survivor game as Jiffy and Rob are making him out to be, then he would take Butch with him to the F2. Therefore Jenna has to win the F3 IC in order for a Jenna-Matthew F2 to happen.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-03, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-03 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

A Survivor promises to vote against a trusted ally, sending the wounded friend into a flutter.

Any thoughts on who this refers to? We can exclude Butch and Christy since they have no trusted allies. TDT seems to think the "flutterer" will be Rob. He gets wind ot Alex plotting to get rid of him first at Final 4? Is this what sets up an Alex boot?

Or does Matt find out about how Rob has been planning to vote him out all along?

I can't really think of any other possibilities.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
Heidi is the only one wounded at the moment. Perhaps Alex tries to make a deal with Jenna regarding the final two, and Jenna rats him out to Heidi.

04-11-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
Heidi is the only one wounded at the moment.

Good point, Weasel. It could also be Rob talking about having to break up Heidi and Jenna, and getting rid of Heidi first, maybe.

04-11-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
I think this must refer to Matt -- maybe this is what sets Rob up to go first from the Misfit 4.

The cool kids know that Rob is iffy – they were worried about him spilling to Deena before her boot – but they still need him for a majority. They can't cannibalize until they cut 1 or two of the Misfits. Plus, I bet they think they’ve got him under control with Deena out of the picture. They’ll probably target Matt, as the biggest challenge threat.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
Brwonroach, I've been thinking about this statement a lot, and I'm probably overthinking it but, I definately think Rob has something to do with it. Maybe he tells "A" that "B" is going to vote against them, sending "A" into a flutter when "B" never had any intention of doing so. Rob gets caught in his web of lies and boom, he's outta here.

I just think there's more to it than someone "promising" to vote and actually voting that way. . .

04-21-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
25. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
I just think there's more to it than someone "promising" to vote and actually voting that way. . .

Agree, samboohoo. It doesn't even have to mean the person plans to vote for the "ally" this week, just wants to get rid of him/her eventually.

04-21-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
That’s certainly how I’ve been reading it BR. Perhaps Rob goes to Heidi and says “Jenna and Alex have a F2 pact; do you want to have a F2 pact with me?” At which point Heidi says “WTF?”

If that were the case, then Heidi’s “argument with one of the stupid boys” might have something to do with “the wounded friend into a flutter.”

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
Or, Rob tells Heidi that Alex says "the girls need to be split up"

Jedidog 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-11-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jedidog Click to send private message to Jedidog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""

The two scenarios I see are:

Matt votes against Rob. This would shatter Rob's ego as he has "controlled" Matt-eo the entire time. As Rob sees his influence on Matt fading he could become paranoid everyone is voting against him.

OR

Jenna is the turncoat and joins the Misfits. If she aligns with Matt, Christy and Butch, she would join the majority and absolutly crush Heidi. This would lead us to ChillOne's final four. The only problem I have with this is... She has absolutely nothing in common with any of the Misfits AND her alliance is strong now. Why would she jeapordize her Final 4 just to join another Final 4?

04-12-03, 06:17 AM (EST)
12. "remember, spoiler has heidi 6th not 5th"
so jenna doesnt turn on heidi, rob organizes the rest against her. this rubs jenna wrong and she then sides with the others to bounce rob 5th.

i keep seeing the boot order by several people with heidi 5th but if im not mistaking, milkshaky said she was 5th

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-13-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th not 5th"
I heard Heidi was 6th, so Alex, Rob, then Heidi, then we have the F4, which I am really hoping is the wrong order of boot.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

04-13-03, 03:20 PM (EST)
20. "RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th not 5th"
>>I heard Heidi was 6th, so Alex, Rob, then Heidi, then we have the F4, which I am really hoping is the wrong order of boot.<<

read what you wrote.

if its alex, rob then heidi, leaving F4, then heidi is 5th. so it must be either alex or rob, then heidi, then the remainder of alex/rob. so heidi goes between alex and rob.

i believe its alex, heidi, rob

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-14-03, 03:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th not 5th"
LOL I knew what I meant, my fingers just wrote something else, they do that alot, they never, the fingers, listen to me, LOL.

Yes, Ales, Heidi, Rob, etc................

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

04-14-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
23. "RE: remember, spoiler has heidi 6th not 5th"
actually, i goofed too. i said heidi was not 5th, but 5th.

should have said not 5th, but 6th. rob/alex 5th (leaning towards rob)

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-03, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
Just as another possible idea, especially going along with all the allegations of "misdirection" this season, I'm thinking the "A Survivor promises to vote against a trusted ally, sending the wounded friend into a flutter" clue may not necessarily be referring to TC. It just seems a little TOO obvious! Maybe the RC somehow involves voting, like voting for who they would most like to see get the reward, or something like that. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if this particular clue showed up elsewhere in the episode, not just at TC.

Sara

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 10: "Q & A""
~A Survivor promises to vote against a trusted ally, sending the wounded friend into a flutter.~

Don't u think it's a little weird that the possibillities for this are ... Matt voting against Rob , Rob voting against Alex , Alex voting against Jenna , and Jenna voting against Heidi .
Some sort of chained conspiracy which will lead too Matt being the top of the food chain.

i Yo quiero rock-music !

04-21-03, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "CBS Press Release"
CBS Press Release of April 18th at SF...

CERTAIN CASTAWAYS RECEIVE NEWS FROM HOME ON "SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON," THURSDAY, APRIL 24

"Q&A" – Certain castaways receive news from home on SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, Thursday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In a twist to the auction reward, the castaways not only bid on items of food but also on letters from home.

When the time comes to bid on these letters, emotions run high as a fierce bidding war breaks out, leading some to exuberance and others to tears.

Particularly good news from home makes one castaway giddy with excitement and ultimately gives them a huge morale boost.

Back at camp, a comfortable few who feel secure in their alliance take it easy while the others toil in desperate attempt to stay in the tribe.

In a last ditch attempt to save themselves, one castaway promises to vote against a trusted ally which then sends the targeted friend into a tailspin.

And the tenth person is voted out of the tribe.

This recent release provides us with new information that confirms some of our thinking:

"last ditch attempt to save themselves" confirms that it's one of the three misfits (Butch, Christy or Matt) who make the last ditch attempt.

One of them "promises to vote against a trusted ally". Christy has no trusted ally left, Butch's only ally is Matt and there's nothing to negotiate if either of them are targeted by the other, so that leaves Matt who trusts Rob as his ally.

If Matt promises (Alex, the leader of the sunbathers) to vote for Rob in order to save himself, Rob (flying high with in the sunbathing alliance) would "go into a tailspin" (realizing he is number 4 in his current alliance) and trigger his defection to unite with the misfits and eliminate Alex.

Krautboy

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: CBS Press Release"
That scenario is plausible, butI am not so sure about the ally. Matt must be the friend, but either Alex or Rob could be his trusted ally. Rob is the most obvious, but there have been duo-confessionals featuring Matt with Alex, indicating some sort of bond.

04-21-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
30. "RE: CBS Press Release"
I could see that happening if Matt won immunity and the A/H/J group told him they were voting for Rob. But why would they target Rob instead of Butch or Christy?

As a side note, I can also see Matt telling Rob that he was the target of the votes.

04-21-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
31. "RE: CBS Press Release"
In a last ditch attempt to save themselves...

KB, I wouldn't be too sure this isn't CBS trying to be misleading. Yes, it sounds like it refers to the previous sentence about those who are "desperate", but it could be one of the alliance members promising to vote against one of the their own, not so much to "save themselves" in the short term, but to have better endgame odds later.

But --

If Matt promises (Alex, the leader of the sunbathers) to vote for Rob in order to save himself, Rob (flying high with in the sunbathing alliance) would "go into a tailspin" (realizing he is number 4 in his current alliance) and trigger his defection to unite with the misfits and eliminate Alex.

1) Why would Alex decide to target Rob, and extract a promise from Matt to help him, unless Alex already knew, or suspected, that Rob was planning to defect?

2) And if he did, how would Rob find out about this promise, causing him to go into a "tailspin"? From Jenna or Heidi? I think they are more likely to remain loyal to Alex. Jenna was suspicious of Rob flipping before the Deena vote.

If it refers to Matt and Rob, I think it's more likely that they have an argument and Matt tells Rob he's going to vote against him, or, at least, that their alliance is off.

04-21-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
39. "Why promise?"
>In a last ditch attempt to
>save themselves...

>
>KB, I wouldn't be too sure
>this isn't CBS trying to
>be misleading. Yes,
>it sounds like it refers
>to the previous sentence about
>those who are "desperate", but
>it could be one of
>the alliance members promising to
>vote against one of the
>their own, not so much
>to "save themselves" in the
>short term, but to have
>better endgame odds later.

BR, if this is the case, it could only be refering to either Butch or Matt promising to vote for the other, right?

If Alex/Rob/Heidi/Jenna have a 4-3 advantage why would the majority need anyone to make a "promise" to vote their way?

I don't understand how the promise could save someone targeted by the majority unless the person making the promise is being considered to take the place of someone (Rob or Alex) currently part of the majority. Without the "promise" the majority would risk a 3-3 tie in EP11, instead of the 4-2 the majority need to keep control.

Krautboy

04-22-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Why promise?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-03 AT 10:58 AM (EST)

KB, I wasn't thinking about Matt and Butch. At face value, I agree it looks like Matt promising to vote against Rob.

What I meant was that CBS often words these blurbs in a way that has little or no resemblance to what actually happens when we see the episode. The use of the phrase "last ditch attempt to save themselves" might be nothing but hype. They could be talking about someone in the alliance of 4, saying they will vote against another alliance member -- eventually, not necessarily in this Episode.

Or it could be that a person says "my alliance with so-and-so is over", which CBS has morphed into that person saying "I'm voting against so-and-so."

They've done things like this before (SurvivinDawg, where are you? Help me out here!)

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-22-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Why promise?"
CBS frequently overblows or otherwise distorts things for the previews. When we actually see the episode, it's like, "that's IT?!"

My favorite example was (in the Ep7 preview):

"ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR
A distraught Alex struggles over Shawna's departure..."

Distraught? Um, OK, I think he may have looked a little sad, or possibly frowned for half a second.

But - later in that same Episode - he seemed pretty darn perky when the Boobtwins took it all off for cookies

04-22-03, 12:37 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Why promise?"
That's exactly what I mean, Thaibeach.

Another one I remember is when Dave's strategy was supposed to "take a tailspin" in Episode 6. All we saw was Dave being slightly confused because Roger told Christy a different reason for having voted out Jeanne than the reason Dave thought they had.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-22-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: CBS Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-03 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

never mind

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "eyeMAIL"
Just a retread of the same old stuff but in the interest of compiling all sources of info, here's this weeks eyeMAIL.

SURVIVOR EMOTIONS RUN HIGH
Thursday, 8PM ET/PT

On the next SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, emotions run high as tribemates are forced to bid against each other for food and letters from home.

Plus, the powerful alliance of four decide to take a break from camp work and let the others sweat out their fate.

Only three episodes remain before the two-hour SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON finale on May 11, which will be followed by a LIVE cast reunion.

04-21-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
33. "RE: eyeMAIL"
"Powerful alliance of four"? No misdirection there, huh?

04-21-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
34. "RE: eyeMAIL"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-03 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

CBS is really playing up the alliance "power trip" in all the promos. If we didn't have ChillOne, I think we would still be on alert that the alliance is about to crack.

04-21-03, 06:32 PM (EST)
38. "RE: eyeMAIL"
Setting up for the irony at TC...

Krautboy

04-21-03, 05:26 PM (EST)
35. "Web Poll"
Since we're compiling all of this here, here's what CBS is asking us to vote on this week:

Who will emerge as Jacaré leader?

Wily Rob
Sturdy Alex
Lovely Jenna

Unfortunately, Whorish Heidi was not one of the options...

04-21-03, 05:32 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Web Poll"
Oh geez. This is the same question they asked two weeks ago about Deena, Dave and Rob. They'll probably still be asking this when there are only 4 people left.

The only "emerging" Whorish Heidi is likely to do is emerge from her bikini top.

04-22-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Web Poll"
The teaser really annoys me. On the surface C/B/M are the ones in trouble. However, if one wins immunity it would be sensible to think that one of the other two gets targeted then. So one of them would have to make the last ditch effort right? It certainly wouldn't be on the minds of the fearless four to think they are in trouble. However, this teaser may be something that occurs prior to the IC and the person (one of the three) makes some last ditch effort b/c they don't know at the time who will IC but they are seeing the "lay of the land" so to speak and without knowing at the time who is going to win IC, they opt to say I will vote against my trusted ally to try in some way to save myself. Problem that I keep having is that if it is one of the three, it won't matter, it is still 4-3. So if Butch for example tells Matt, we are in trouble, we have to try to take Rob out for example and Rob finds out throwing him into a tailspin. Why??? He still has his threesome and that is what bothers me. So what if M/B/C vote him there are still four other votes?? And wouldnt' A/H/J just pick B/C if Matt won immunity. Even if Rob is fourth in their foursome, why would they still entertain voting him NOW.

This just annoys me to no end. And now I am wondering if CBS blurb has something to do with how this works out. Alex,Rob, Jenna mentioned as who will emerge as leader? Well we the audience have seen the quest for leader set up by Rob stating Deena and Alex think they are but I am but where the heck does Jenna fit into this? We as the audience are like huh?? But we as a spoiling community know SOMETHING occurs to get Jenna further into the game and not necessarily immunity. Therefore, I am wondering if the teaser is "teasing" and Jenna indeed emerges as the leader in the sense that she ends up being the one who seals the fate of someone other than B/M/C. Bottom line they need another vote to send on of the fearless four gone. If for some reason Matt does question Rob's dealing and Butch leads him on the path as having to vote out a trusted ally (Rob) it may somehow come to light that Rob is playing around. Jenna was pretty pissed at Deena about betrayal and for the life of me I could not fathom how strong her emotions were UNLESS she heard stuff that was blown out of proportion. Could Rob have been behind that?

Because of her friendship with Alex, I can't see her deciding to offer a vote to Alex but if she found out Rob lied or exaggerated Deena's planning she may be pissed enough he caused her to vote out someone she had trusted. Maybe she ends up voting with B/M/C to oust Rob.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Web Poll"
VerucaSalt:

I think there have been many different scenarios discussed here. Especially about who goes next and how. If we look at C1 final 4 (just taking that as gospel for a moment) we have Jenna, Butch, Christy and Matt. We know that Alex, Heidi, Jenna and Rob and aligned (or have been led to believe that by the previews). So, if Jenna, or Heidi, or Alex do switch over and vote off Rob it would then have to be an odd situation to get the C1 final 4. What would the vote the next week be? I don't see Jenna, Heidi or Alex voting for each other, at least not yet. So that would leave us with the only possible situation of 3 on 3. Not good for anyone, including the immunity winner. If the immunity winners group lost the tiebreaker (whatever that may be) they would go the next 2 weeks unless they won immunity.

To me that means that Rob HAS to defect and vote out Alex and Heidi the next 2 weeks. Jenna than must either win immunity or convince Matt, Butch and Christy that Rob is a villian and they vote him out.

I think if we end up with the final 4 of Matt, Butch, Christy and Jenna I think the vote would be 3-1 to boot Christy. I think she is out of any remaining alliance and will go because Jenna will win her 2nd immunity and Matt and Butch will not vote for each other.

Jenna then wins the final immunity and chooses Matt because Butch is too nice to take along.

Who wins then, I could argue for each person on the Jury to vote for either Matt or Jenna. Going to be how they really feel about them at the moment that will make a difference. I just hope there is no "Pick a number from 1-100" or anything similar to decide $1,000,000. Not good when that happens.

Booted

sirvivorfan 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-22-03, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sirvivorfan Click to send private message to sirvivorfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Web Poll"
I am a newbie to posting, but I have been following this board for a long time. I just want to post my thoughts on this topic. Please be kind to me.

To follow the question of the Web poll, "Who is the leader of Jacare?" is very interesting. Because clearly whomever is perceived to be the new leader will most likely to be the next one to go. (Which I think supports John Nash's theory.) We saw this with Roger and Deena. Both of them thought they had control of the game and surprise, surprise they were booted off.

Alex is now looking like a leader. He thinks he has control, as he gets cozy with Jenna, Heidi and Rob. However, Rob, a student of survivor, has to know that he is not in Alex's final three plans and he has to be thinking that his only chance to actually win is to break up the A/H/J alliance. I can see Rob turning against his new allicance and convinces Matt, Butch and Christy to vote off Alex.

After Alex is booted, the next to go is Heidi as the new alliance of Rob, Butch, Matt and Christy feels strong. Unfortunately, Rob will then suffer the leadership syndrome and will then be next to be voted off thus leaving C1's final four B/M/C/J.

04-22-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Web Poll"
Booted I agree with what you are saying 100 percent and more than likely it is Rob defecting which until today has been my ONLY scenario but I don't necessarily feel that it HAS to be the only situation to occur for the CO situation. We can't possibly know what happens with Heidi/Jenna/Alex b/c one of the things that would be unlikely but we know is true is that Heidi leaves prior to C/B/M/J which is strange also. If for example Rob does leave why can't there be a tie? In fact ONLY Jenna survives out of their foursome so in essence what difference would it make that Rob goes before Alex, only that Alex is closer to J/H? But we don't know for sure how close Alex and Heidi are do we? We did see inklings of a H/R friendship in the recrap so why couldn't it be a scenario like that?

Again, I generally agree with everything you have said and have said it myself but watching this show since season 1 we also know that anything is possible.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Web Poll"
Here is what CBS has to say about the web polls and leaders:

"Leadership definitely has its perils. In the Opinion Poll, more than 60% of web voters named Deena the true leader of Jacaré shortly before she was voted out of the Amazon. Does this mean that Alex, who received only about 8% of the "true leader" votes, is in this for the long haul?"

Misdirection or prediction?

joannie 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-22-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joannie Click to send private message to joannie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Web Poll"
I can TOTALLY see Rob approaching Matthew, just like he did last episode, and saying, "Word has it that the girls are thinking about getting rid of Alex because he's a physical threat." Matt tells Butch, the next link in the chain, and the plan is set in motion. Hopefully by now, Christy will grab onto a "link" and get on the same page as Matt and Butch.

If Jenna thought that Deena was a back-stabbing liar, I can't WAIT for her to get a hold of ROB!

04-23-03, 05:55 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Web Poll"

>I think there have been many
>different scenarios discussed here.

Agreed! I think some folks are hearing hoofbeats & looking for zebras. (we're not in Africa anymore).

I think the blurb refers to Rob voting against Alex, as most of us have assumed he will. The 'tailspin' etc. sounds like just so much drama-baiting.

To my ear, the promo still supports the spoiling, and probably doesn't indicate anything earth-shattering.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •