The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fess up."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fess up."
It's OK. Really. No one is going to climb through the computer to throttle you. Confession is good for the soul anyway.

Tell us - who are you people who are voting for Scott? Help those of us who are less musically mature to understand why.

Seriously, I'd love to know if anyone can shed any light as to how this guy is still in the competition and what's the motivation for voting for him.

Cause it's not like the guy is a contestant for Mr. Congeniality.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fess up. seahorse 04-21-05 1
   RE: Fess up. greenmonstah 04-21-05 3
   RE: Fess up. okaychatt 04-21-05 5
   RE: Fess up kahanasunset 04-21-05 6
   RE: Fess up. bostonrobfan 04-21-05 13
       RE: Fess up. Ricky 04-21-05 18
 RE: Fess up. theking0075 04-21-05 2
   RE: Fess up. PagongRatEater 04-21-05 4
 RE: Fess up. badger 04-21-05 7
   RE: Fess up. PagongRatEater 04-21-05 8
       RE: Fess up. badger 04-21-05 19
 RE: Fess up. dragonflies 04-21-05 9
 RE: Fess up. PhoenixMons 04-21-05 10
   RE: Fess up. Ellehcar71 04-21-05 11
       RE: Fess up. PhoenixMons 04-21-05 12
           RE: Fess up. johnnyaa 04-21-05 14
           RE: Fess up. Glow 04-21-05 15
               RE: Fess up. PagongRatEater 04-21-05 16
                   Vote Bo! Glow 04-21-05 17
                       RE: Vote Bo! alleycat904 04-29-05 25
               RE: Fess up. BriarRosie 04-21-05 20
 RE: Fess up. Pretty_Kitty 04-25-05 21
   RE: Fess up. okaychatt 04-25-05 22
 RE: Fess up. Tahj 04-26-05 23
   RE: Fess up. PagongRatEater 04-28-05 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fess up."
Many voters want a normal guy next door type person to be an AI ie. someone overweight, not that great looking and Scott fits this desire.

Scott built a fan base from his first audition and many have stayed with him. His Ohio home are probably giving him a tremendous amount of votes.

Additionally there is not that much of a talent difference between the 6 left. Scott's performance this week was not bad at all.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fess up."
Sorry Seahorse. Scott does not look like a "normal next door type of person". At least not in any of the neighborhoods in which I have lived.

I agree with your last two points however.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-21-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fess up."
<normal guy next door type

I see Scott as the kind of neighbor not to have. During the auditions he refused to show up for practice until the last minute and deliberately separated himself, as if he were All That.

I think as a neighbor, the guy would stick to himself - an ok thing. But I also think he would be the last to volunteer help to a neighbor in need. For me, he comes across as ANGRY, and I'd give him a wide berth if I were his neighbor.

Yes, he has the voice.

No, he does not have the engaging personality to be an AI.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-21-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fess up"
Because trillions of young guys in this country look just like him (and act like him too), so all the girlfriends, sisters, moms, dads, etc. of those trillions are voting for Scott -- "everyboy."

My apologies in advance to those of you who look like Scott (but have a better mind, heart and personality).

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-21-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fess up."
>Many voters want a normal guy
>next door type person to
>be an AI

Scott looks like the guy next door if you live in prison or the county lockup.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fess up."
Scott looks like the guy next door if you live in prison or the county lockup.

lol yes. Scott looks like the guy next door if you live in a trailer park.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-21-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fess up."
This was my first week to vote for Scott, but I'll tell you why I did it this week.

#1 I have a new phone with auto re-dial. I had it dialing Bo's number for an hour straight and I never got through. So I thought, "Maybe this phone isn't working right." So I set it to dial Scott's number. I picked Scott because I view him as not much of a threat to Bo once we get down to the final two or three. Anyway, that's the reason, but to finish the story, after re-dialing Scott's number two or three times I got right through, but I still couldn't get through on the Bo line.

#2 Some of you bring it on yourselves. I myself am an overweight, middle class American. For some reason, a lot of people on this site seem to think all middle class, overweight people eat continually and smell bad. Well, you are gonna make fun of Scott in this way, I'm gonna vote for him. Rub him right up your faces!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

04-21-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fess up."
There are some reasons that I can actually understand.

But I thought that your auto-dial was still working it for Todd Glass?

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fess up."
are you going to blame scott's success on the show on the Left, pre? because i was going to blame the Right.

04-21-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Fess up."
I'm afraid that you would be correct on this one. Let me say on the behalf of my compatriots on the right with taste (yes, there ARE some out there) - I'm so sorry.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fess up."
well, i'd apologize on behalf of anarchists, but you know what we think about electoral politics.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fess up."
My son did, once. I voted for Anwar 30 times. go figure.

another syren masterpiece

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-21-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fess up."
I haven't voted for Scott for many weeks, but I would (we only have cell phones and I'm not wasting minutes on AI, sorry!).

I'd vote for Scott because he IS talented and I think he's beeter better than at least one person every week in the top 12. He hasn't shown his talent much since Hollywood, but he really does have a great voice. He was one of my five favorites after we saw the Hollywood auditions. I do feel for him because I think he started out with a lot of 'negatives' - his look, his weight, his apparent attitude (which I still think of more as someone who's always been told that he sucks at everything trying to be positive about himself - Constantine's and Carrie's attitudes are far more annoying to me, but I digress). I did vote for him at one point (also voted for Nikko and Bo and Vonzell that week) and would have GLADLY voted for him last night to get rid of Anwar (thankfully, I didn't have to).

My motivation for voting for him is pretty simple. I like his voice. I think he has a LOT of potential if he got some vocal training (much more than some of the others from the top 12). He's not going to win and I've known that from day one (no matter HOW friendly or nice he might have been or how fantastic his performances were...there was no way America was voting for him with his look). But I do like to root for the underdogs when I think they are better than some of the favorites.

Got blog?

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fess up."
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 12:11 PM (EST)

>He's not going to win
>and I've known that from
>day one (no matter HOW
>friendly or nice he might
>have been or how fantastic
>his performances were...there was no
>way America was voting for
>him with his look).

But Ruben won! He was fatter and sweatier than Scott. But he had personality - not vivacious, funny-fat-guy personality, but he seemed kind, gentle, and humble. Maybe that's what America is looking for. I don't think Scott embodies these qualities. Though the lack of humility is probably a cover for the insecurities. He needs counselling. JMHO

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-21-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fess up."
Ah yes, but Ruben's look was totally different from Scott's. Ruben, though a large man, looked like a teddy bear. Scott looks more like the guy who'd shoot the teddy bear. People have said that Scott liked like a scary person (some even said he looked like a child molester, for which I didn't realize there was a 'look'). I don't think anyone would think that of Ruben and therein lies the difference. Frankly, none of these people are Idol material in my eyes. Overall the talent is better than past years, but there is no 'star' in this bunch. There is no Fantasia, no Kelly, no Caly, no Ruben, no Jennifer Husdon...no one who is on every night and who performs the heck out of the song while having a phenomenal voice to go with that stage presence. Bo is a great performer, but his voice certainly isn't something I'd consider phenomenal (he's still one of my faves, but I really can't feel excited about any of these people). Carrie has a powerful voice but looks dead on stage. Vonzell is far and away becoming my favorite because she has a voice and personality to match, but still nothing close to what we've had in the past.

Got blog?

johnnyaa 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnnyaa Click to send private message to johnnyaa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fess up."
I would have some empathy for Scott if it wasn't for his putrid personality. Okay, maybe he's got a right to be as self-centered as he comes across. His looks probably made if difficult for him growing up. He most likely didn't have many good friends and certainly wasn't a romantic interest for too many girls. But hey, if you're going to try to be an American Idol you've got to come out of the closet and at least pretend to be sociable. His act is getting very old and to use the baseball scouting analogy "good field/no hit", Scott is the poster boy for "good voice/no class". Amen

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fess up."
Bo is a great performer, but his voice certainly isn't something I'd consider phenomenal (he's still one of my faves, but I really can't feel excited about any of these people).

I have no problems feeling excited about Bo.

04-21-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Fess up."
I just had to say that is one GREAT siggy!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Vote Bo!"
I guess he should be pimping me instead of the other way around. Yes?

It's awesome. Yes? It's a Syren.

*snort* Love the little siggy. Can't say I'm surprised.

alleycat904 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-29-05, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alleycat904 Click to send private message to alleycat904 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Vote Bo!"
Yippy! Go Bo!

Love the graphics.. where'd ya get em?

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-21-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Fess up."
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-05 AT 06:30 PM (EST)

I wanna be a Bo Ho, too. Where do I sign up?

But my nickname doesn't rhyme with "Bo" like yours does. Maybe I'd have to be "Bri-Ro the Bo Ho"?

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Fess up."
I voted for Scott for 2 reasons
#1 he doesnt bore me to death (example: Anwaar snoooore)
#2 I dont have to press mute when he sings (example: Contantine, one time i forgot to press mute and i swear my ears are still bleeding)

I also think he makes good song choices as opposed to C and Bohemian Rasphody (sp?) I mean COME ON that was gawd awful!!!!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Fess up."
<C and Bohemian Rasphody (sp?) I mean COME ON that was gawd awful!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!

Constantine only knows how to sing over the top, which pleases his fans.

Too bad being over the top is a sign of lesser talent.

You know, if you can't wow 'em with brilliance, throw in some smarmy razzamatazz so they won't notice.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-26-05, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Fess up."
My one and only reason for voting for Scott is, of course, to bug you PRE.

Moves courtesy of Syren

04-28-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Fess up."
My one and only reason for voting for Scott is, of course, to bug you PRE.

I'm gonna give you such a noogie!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •