Since we're down to the last two weeks before TAR14 starts, I figured I'd be more proactive this time around and get a signup thread started early. For all the returning players, welcome back! And for new folks who want to play the Picks To The End (PTTE) game this season, here's how it works:
Here's the goal:
Post your prediction about the ENTIRE elimination order for the season, starting with the first team to be eliminated and ending with the winner. Please put WINNER next to the team that you think will win. Also, put down entire team names to start. We don't know the teams well enough yet to use nicknames, so for your first entry, please list them by their names.
This doesn't need to have any analysis, although you're welcome to throw anything in that you want. With any spoiler information available to you, coupled with your own intuition, see how well you can do.
Note from Max: Please DO NOT post any spoiler information inside this thread, as it's in the Fanatics Forum. If you want to talk about spoilers, go to the Spoiler/Speculation Forum and post there.
The game won't close, but all picks made after the first episode begins will incur a point penalty... the earlier you enter, the less points you can earn, so enter early!!! Remember, the goal is to end the season with the fewest points.
Here's the way that the scoring works:
1) You do NOT want points... they're bad... it's like golf. Every point counts against you in the standings, so try to avoid them.
2) Points will be awarded to every contestant in the game after each episode of The Amazing Race 14. They will be awarded as the difference between where you thought this week's eliminee would finish and where the eliminee actually finished. If it is a non-elimination episode, then no points will be scored for that week.
For example: If you think Amanda/Kris will come in 5th, and they actually come in 11th, you'll receive 6 points (the difference between 11th and 5th) for that week's episode.
3) You will be given 4 penalty points every time you change your PTTE list after the first episode has aired... but it's only 4 points, so change it if you think it will help you out.
4) If you do not enter before the first episode, you will start with a score equivalent to 8 points per episode you missed. That means that it's possible to join the game after several episodes but you have better chance of getting a good score if you enter early. (Last season's winning score was 10 points, so get those entries in early!)
5) You will not be penalized for any changes made before the first episode airs. The four point penalties will come into play after the first episode has started. You have until Sunday 7:59p.m. board time (ET) (Feb 15) to change without a point penalty.
1) A point total will be posted by me shortly after each episode. I will try to get these up as soon as I can.
2) After the first show has aired, please do not edit your post to make changes. Just make a new post if you want to change your PTTE. If my computer crashes, it's the only proof I have of your changes.
3) This season I will be developing a few tiebreaker questions (hopefully more than last season) in the event of ties at the end of the season. More information to follow.
Here are the teams!
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/bio/ for CBS biographies
Good luck to everyone!
Um, Nutzy? Carefully consider your list changes this season.