The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 8 IC results"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-04-03, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 8 IC results"
Shouts out to Loree for posting the results of the IC chopping block in the East Coast Spoiler thread. Based on that I calculated the number of correct answers that each person got correct before they were eliminated. Does this give us some insight to a survivor's mental skill, or at least how much they know about life in the Amazon?

Matt – 2/2
Alex – 2/2
Rob – 0/3
Butch – 2/4
Christy – 3/5
Deena – 5/5
Heidi – 5/6
Jenna – 4/6

Here are the people who "chopped off" the survivors in the IC:

Matt – Round 1 – 2 (Dave, Deena), Round 2 – 1(Heidi) out
Alex – Round 2 – 3 (Dave, Deena, Christy) out
Rob – Round 3 – 3 (Deena, Heidi, Jenna) out
Butch – Round 3 – 1 (Jenna), Round 4 – 2 (Heidi, Jenna) out
Christy – Round 4 – 1 (Deena), Round 5 – 2 (Deena, Heidi) out
Deena – Round 2 – 1 (Alex), Round 4 – 1(Christy), Round 5 – 1 (Jenna – had to choose Deena over Heidi) out
Heidi – Round 4 – 1 (Butch), Round 5 – 1 (Christy), Round 6 – 1 (Jenna - had to chop) out
Jenna – Round 3 – 1, Round 6 – 1 (Heidi – had to chop) win

Strategic points to note:

Christy took the final chops on 2 guys to eliminate them, possibly establishing her allegiance to the girls.
Christy was forced to chop first in her final 2 chops. Each time, the person she chops chopped back.
Jenna chopped Butch twice
Deena chopped Christy twice
Heidi and Jenna only chopped each other when they had to, which was at the very end.

Also, the pecking order of the remaining tribe members is as follows:

Matt, Alex, Rob, Butch, Christy, Deena

Heidi and Jenna are on course to make F2.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 8 IC results wendyp 04-04-03 1
 RE: Ep 8 IC results Brownroach 04-04-03 2
   RE: Ep 8 IC results esquire 04-04-03 3
       RE: Ep 8 IC results Loree 04-04-03 4
           RE: Ep 8 IC results Brownroach 04-04-03 7
               RE: Ep 8 IC results ceedee 04-04-03 8
                   RE: Ep 8 IC results munson 04-04-03 9
                       JP exposing strategies mavsfan 04-04-03 10
                       RE: Rob's faces dajaki 04-05-03 11
                       RE: Ep 8 IC results Brownroach 04-07-03 16
                           RE: Ep 8 IC results Loree 04-07-03 17
       RE: Ep 8 IC results JohnMc 04-04-03 5
           RE: Ep 8 IC results Devious Weasel 04-04-03 6
           RE: Ep 8 IC results dajaki 04-05-03 12
               RE: Ep 8 IC results Loree 04-05-03 13
                   RE: Ep 8 IC results Yogi 04-05-03 14
 RE: Ep 8 IC results munson 04-05-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-04-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
We are never shown secret alliances.... does anyone else find it strange that christy chopped Deena twice and Jenna none of the time? Was this because christy was hiding the alliance with Deena or does this show that Jenna and Christy are playing smart.

They do not like each other so no one would think that they have an alliance. Any comments?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
As Loree noted in the Spoiler Thread, I think Rob was deliberately getting the answers wrong.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-03, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
And that shows that Rob does think with his head. As I watching the game, I realized that anytime you cut someone, they usually came right back at you. The only smart way to play this game is to get no questions right to the very end. Rob seems to be the only guy that figured that out

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
Rob is the Survivor expert and he has seen what happened to John's Group of 4 in Marquesas. They showed "everything" to everyone in the coconut chop and it hurt them. Rob didn't want anywhere near that game and Jeff knew it. He even made fun of Rob guessing a forest ranger. So Rob is smarter than it showed.

04-04-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
Jeff is playing cat and mouse with Rob. There was his "did you REALLY think it was a forest ranger?" comment. And twice in a row he nailed Rob at TC, first for his not-so-subtle innuendo that someone (Roger) was bossy, and last night for making faces when Matt was talking. I think he really wants the others to see through Rob's act.

It's gotta be so tempting for JP, when someone brags that they know all the Survivor "rules".

ceedee 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-03, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ceedee Click to send private message to ceedee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
That's an excellent point. Rob WAS playing it smart - - by answering incorrectly he avoided chopping anyone and, as a result, avoided the "Oh yeah - well right back at you" revenge chop. However - he was too smart for his own good- he overplayed his hand - and got called on it by Jeff. If memory serves me correctly - it was Jeff's comment that put Rob into the spot light - made the gals notice him - and the next few chops were directed at him to take him out of the game almost immediately after. (Must have pissed him off!)

"Too smart for his own good" - possibly foreshadowing /maybe a micro-version of what happens to Rob on a grander scale in the game????

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-04-03, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
This brings up an interesting point. While Jeff is supposed to ask provocative and probing questions at TC, how fair is it for him to expose strategies or relationships with leading, loaded questions to the contestants.

For example, he could have asked Rob for his thoughts on Matt's comments re fitting in without adding the making faces part. Is it fair to Rob to be playing a great game in terms of stringing Matt along and have Jeff attempt to out him at TC? He did the same thing with the questions last week about leading or doing what one is told.

Even if you think Jeff has the obligation to try to trip up the contestants and get truthful responses to questions, he rarely follows up and calls them out when it's obvious they are trying to be politically correct or even dishonest.

Personally, I think Jeff has to walk a very fine line and he is really pushing it with Rob.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "JP exposing strategies"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-03 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

It looked to me like Rob & Dave both had an "HEY YEAH!" moment when Jeff pointed out that the last 4 left in the chopping were the 4 women, and the 5 guys were sent to the bench.

For all of Robs "Master Game Player" self designation, he did't seem to realize until THAT MOMENT that the game might very well still be Boys vs Girls. --- Jeff wasn't doing the girls any favor with his observation.

This too may be the 5-3 that becomes 4-4 that I think JP mentioned as Rob jumps back to the guys.

I point this out only to say Jeff's observations/questions seem designed to put a variety of people in the hot seat. HE's been doing this since SI, asking Sue Hawk & Richard Hatch about secret alliances.

edited for speling

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rob's faces"
Rob can't seem to help himself when it comes to facially responding to what is said in TC. He has rolled his eyes, smirked, etc. nearly every time.

All I can say is, "Hey Rob! Want to come over for a friendly little game of poker?"

04-07-03, 12:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
I think Jeff has to walk a very fine line and he is really pushing it with Rob.

I disagree that he's pushing it. If someone blatantly rolls their eyes or makes mocking faces during another player's comments at TC, I think it's completely fair for Jeff to ask them why.

Tribal council is a communal questioning ritual. It's in every player's interest to keep a positive or at least neutral facade when reacting to others, probably more so than at any other times in the game.

For whose benefit was Rob making the faces anyway? If he didn't want Jeff to "out" him, he should have remained expressionless. And once Rob gave his obviously bulls**t explanation, Jeff didn't pursue it any further.

04-07-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
I also think Jeff tries to put all of them on the spot at TC. But because TC can be hours long and we are edited down to a few minutes we just see the parts they think mean the most to the show.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-04-03, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
<<The only smart way to play this game is to get no questions right to the very end.>>

Good point. And I did see Loree's comments about thinking that Rob had thrown his questions. Maybe he does know more about Amazon life than he lets on in the challenge. And he definitely is a "Playa." He knows what's going on, he knows how to manipulate people, and he knows how to play Survivor. He's a goofball, but he's the best "Rob", regardless of spelling, that Survivor has had so far. Better than Boston Rob, definitely better than the General, and smarter than Robb with 2 b's.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-03, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
"and smarter than Robb with 2 b's."

Our puppy is smarter than Robb with 2 b's...

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
"and smarter than Robb with 2 b's."

my toddler is smarter than Robb with 2 b's

*anyone else want to join in?*

04-05-03, 11:36 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
Okay my toddler puppy is smarter than Robb. And much cuter too...

But this is probably not the place to discuss this.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-03, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
I actually do not think you all give him enough credit.
After all, he does know that his name has two b's....
Brob is very proud of his spelling skills....
And Loree is correct... this is the wrong place for
this sort of chatter... but it is so hard to resist....

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ep 8 IC results"
Just wanted to point out that in E7, Deena and Jenna have a discussion about booting Alex as the guys are fishing. Deena comments that she will probably never win an IC. Jenna says she probably won't either.

First two individual IC winners? Deena and Jenna. As Dawg would say...*drip*drip*drip

And who says you can't spoil this show using editing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •