The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dear Courtney,"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-07, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dear Courtney,"
Useless only gets carried so far. Then it has to move on its own. You couldn't. All you did was say 'I'm so useless, it's got to be worth a million dollars just for setting the world record' -- and you got exactly two votes more than you deserved.

Congratulations on establishing the new low for contestants. I sincerely hope we never go below you. Besides, casting malefic entities from other dimensions should be held back for sweeps.

Hoping you writhe in agony from withdrawals when the fame goes away five hours from now,

Estee & the undersigned.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Undersigned kingfish 12-17-07 1
 RE: Dear Courtney, dabo 12-17-07 2
   RE: Dear Courtney, Estee 12-17-07 3
       RE: Dear Courtney, dabo 12-17-07 4
 RE: Dear Courtney, emydi 12-17-07 5
   RE: Dear Courtney, mia rules18 12-17-07 6
       RE: Dear Courtney, Jenna_F 12-20-07 22
 RE: Dear Courtney, mocha madness 12-17-07 7
 RE: Dear Courtney, byoffer 12-17-07 8
   RE: Dear Courtney, kingfish 12-17-07 9
 RE: Dear Courtney, Jenna_F 12-17-07 10
   RE: Dear Courtney, SUPAMEOM 12-18-07 11
       RE: Dear Courtney, Jenna_F 12-18-07 12
           RE: Dear Courtney, Sunny_Bunny 12-18-07 13
               RE: Dear Courtney, Jenna_F 12-19-07 14
                   RE: Dear Courtney, Sunny_Bunny 12-19-07 17
                       RE: Dear Courtney, Jenna_F 12-19-07 20
 RE: Dear Courtney, ADKer 12-19-07 15
   RE: Dear Courtney, michel 12-19-07 16
       RE: Dear Courtney, agman 12-19-07 19
   RE: Dear Courtney, agman 12-19-07 18
       RE: Dear Courtney, anotherkim 12-19-07 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Undersigned"
Which restaurant does she work at?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
And she sucks at life.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
By her own definition.

Think she's realized that she and Denise are basically in the same field?

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
And she's still proud of winning the weightless immunity. You do have to give Todd credit for picking a pocket vote that could actually fit in a pocket.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
did she give Jiffy and the rest of us the bird when he asked her about her welfare life sucks comment about denise?

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-17-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
Yeah, she definately gave Jeff the bird...I was sooo happy that Jeff called her out on that nasty comment. Furthermore, I hate it when they have a final three. Final two is so much better, three is too much for jury night, and I believe in the end it should just come down to two. IMO, should have just been Todd and Amanda last night.

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-20-07, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
Do you think though, if it was a final two, would Amanda have taken Courtney with her or Todd? Because if she took Courtney, I think there's a good chance that Courtney, who you hate, would have won the whole show, given she had a much better jury question answering performance than Amanda, and even got more votes.
I think she would have taken Courtney too, since she'd think she'd be easier to beat.
So technically... Final 3 saved you from a Courtney win

Signature given to me by tribephyl in an attempt to make me less boring.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-17-07, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
I have to disagree....a little. I had earlier in this cycle posted a thread calling Courtney the most inept survivor ever, and many people agreed with me. She certainly was/is inept as a survivor.

However, at both the finale, and the reunion show she showed me some east coast attitude, and some one liners that was refreshing. It certainly was not the cookie cutter love fest you usually get. As pointed by others I thought she flipped off someone (was it Jeff), and I couldn't believe someone would do that. Maybe she didn't like that Jeff commented on how she put on a few pounds....although she certainly looked better for adding some much needed lbs.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
Hoping you writhe in agony

Maybe the weight-gain on Ms. "I Hate Kids" is because she is preggers. Sad for the kid, but I would enjoy seeing Courtney go from waitress at some restaurant in NYC to lunch-lady at some cafeteria. Nothing wrong with that move, except in Courtney's "mind".

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
Courtney.....

Preggers..... Mental picture of Courtney at full term ....

That's a Cesarean, for sure. As miraculous as birth is, getting a baby down thru that chute is not in the cards, I believe. Not unless she gives birth to

Spaghetti Boy/Girl

Or even

Silly String Boy/Girl

12-17-07, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
I'm kind of suprised people around here seem to hate courtney so much. why, because she's negative and saracstic? But negative sarcasm seems to be what these forums are about though, that's why the Episode sumamries are posted in Bashers and not in Fanatics, no?

Also, the "denise sucks at life" comment was completly what I had been thinking, though in slightly meaner terms. Courtney was right. The fact that Denise's Job sucks does not make her more deserving of money then anyone else. Need is different then deserving.
Courtney was one of two good characters this season, I really enjoyed James and Courtney throughout, because they were both entertaining and funny in confessionals.

SUPAMEOM 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-18-07, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SUPAMEOM Click to send private message to SUPAMEOM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
Courtney is a revolting person... i mean she is waitress for christ sake!! she does not have anything to brag about!!

"HI HI HI Supamneo... I must say you have to be my and Jeff's biggest fan!!! " Julie Berry Survivor Vanuatu

12-18-07, 05:19 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
I never got the impression Courtney was bragging about her life, infact she'd been known to speak Self deprecatingly a few times during the show. Her point was more that just because someone has a sob story doesn't make them more deserving to win.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
But telling the world that you are a useless, clueless, waste of oxygen is?

12-19-07, 00:00 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
The fact that Denise was the one in the position to be begging and pleading a sob story instead of Courtney does.
Denise had to have done something wrong, or Courtney something right, for Courtney to be the one who was in all buddy with Todd and Amanda. Denise could have easily been a Courtney to Todd, for the purposes of what Todd needed, which means yes, Denise played the game worse than Courtney if she didn't get that position, and that means yes, Courtney would be more deserving than Denise.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
Actually, it was not Courtney's game play that made her so valuable to Todd. He said on both the finale and the Early Show that her "value" was the fact that "I need this girl around because she's smaller than me -- so as a team, if we do lose -- I cannot be the weak link. We'd have someone smaller." In this case, all Courtney had to do was be the stick figure she already was. There was no creative or strategic game play involved. Her animosity with JR helped too, as it deflected attention away from the more important stuff -- but again, she was just being herself, it's not like she chose to whine and spat with JR as part of some elaborate master plan.

So while Dense was the worst player of the game, she could not have "fit" into the plan they way Courtney did. She did botch up every chance she had to change the tide, and did pull out the "oh, poor me, I have kids, I work in a cafeteria, and Im just so pathetic," line, but there is no way Todd would have used her the way he did Courtney. Her mistake was not taking advantage of all the opportunities she had to actively change the course of the game.

Stickley did nothing. She admits she did nothing, and her speech that she was worthless, lazy, and lucky is not a reason to to vote her over Amanda.

BTW, Dense at 4th place is exactly where she should be. Her game stank.

12-19-07, 09:47 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-07 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

Denise could have been Courtney to Todd, is what I said, and I stand by that. Denise was useless at challenges too remember (I think she's the only person to lose to someone trying to throw it?). So Todd could have kept Denise around the same way he kept Courtney around. Survivor is a Social game and socially speaking, Courtney did better than Denise to be in that position with Todd, not to mention, still want to be kept around by Todd after her Usefullness had been warn out.
All I was arguing was that she deserved it over Denise, because the only thing I was commenting on was her "Denise doesn't deserve it because she suck's at life" comment, if you look up. So if you're agreeing that Courtney should have placed above Denise (you called Denise "the worst player"), then I don't see what the heck we're arguing about here.

Edit: Though, since you brought it up.. Amanda played better than Courtney, but completly fucked up the Jury questioning, where as Courtney had some good answers. Atleast she did to JR's and Jamie's questions.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-19-07, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
The fact that Courtney was so close to winning almost destroyed for me all credibility of the entire Survivor concept. She was a snarky, occasionally entertaining b**ch who made for a good villain. I cannot waste my time watching a program with a cast stupid enough to vote for someone like Courtney to win $1 million. I used to enjoy Survivor; it may be time to move on.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
I thought the sexist and probably racist Clay getting 3 votes was worse.

Courtney admitted in an interview that she's happy Todd won, that it would have been awful had she won. She was surprised her game wasn't over in 3 days and then off to visit China! When she wasn't voted off on day #9, she realized it was because Todd needed her so she started playing. Her one liners were often hilarious. Todd said she called him and apologized to his whole family on the day of the "Fairplay" comparison and she admitted she was a jerk for the Denise comments. And let me tell you, restaurant waitresses not liking children is not rare!

Courtney's a basher at heart.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dear Courtney,"

Imo, Clay was just a full-on Jerk! I wasn't one bit impressed by him!

ringing in the new year with Smokey's mom

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
I actually found Courtney to be entertaining. Sure she's a beyotch,( she even admitted is much throughout the show) but at least she was funny. I liked her snarky smart-a$$ed sense of humor. I suppose if she had won the whole game I would have been disappointed because I don't think she would have earned it, but I was happier seeing her in the final three than Denise. All Denise did was try and get everyone to feel sorry for her. As was said earlier, she didn't even play much, if any game. Now as it turns out, she even lied about her job situation. One of the reasons I watched the show was to see what one-liners Courtney would come up with.

ringing in the new year with Smokey's mom

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-07, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Dear Courtney,"
ditto.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--it was her winsome personality that drew me to her, lmao!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •